Perfectly Imperfect

By Shivikaitsme

Both hated each other Fell at the first dance Realised too late Destiny brings them together after 7 years Is... More

A/N
Cast and Playlist
1.The dream interview!
2.I'm getting married?
Aesthetics and Mood Boards✨
4.It's My Milkshake!
5.We Are In Love
6.You are handsome!(oops)
7.Will you go on a date?
8.The Bike Ride
9. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun?
10. Chalein?
11. My brother!
12. The Hate Phase
13. Happy Birthday!
14. Do You Trust Me?
A/N
15. Pehle Mein!
16. Surprise?
17. Moment Of Truth ( Edited )
18.Who Lives? Who Dies?
19. Trail Of Smiles
20. She Isn't Any Girl

3. I agree to meet him/her!

122 8 2
By Shivikaitsme

You can't stop the flow of water. You can't block the path of wind. You can't stop someone from loving or hating you. You can't decide your destiny. All you can do is embrace every passing moment of your life and breath the freshness of emotions to the fullest. It's your life. Make it worth it.
~your someone♡

Check out my insta account: dreamofluvvv for sneak peeks of the story.
______________________________________

Inaya's POV

"I want to explore the world Sofia. I never stayed at a place. I want to sing to the world. I want to dance to the rhythm of rain. I want to embrace the soft breeze kissing me. I'm the homeless wanderer. No one waits for me to return,but you did. Nature makes me feel alive but you Sofi, you make me feel loved. I have found the peace to my chaos. I have found the silence to my music. I have found the home to my homelessness.You are my home Sofi. The home I badly want to come back to. I fuckin love you! Will you be my forever Sofi?,he asked looking into her glistening eyes with all the love he had for her. She said nothing. She simply tip toed and attached her lips to-

"Inaya! Come downstairs now!",Ma shouted. I groaned in irritation and kept the book aside. What time is it? I picked up my phone kept on the nightstand and...It's 7pm already! The email...my heart started beating faster. They have sent the email but I can't check it myself. I will go downstairs and ask Papa to do it. Yeah! Good idea Inaya! Let's go.

I went downstairs. Ma Papa were in the living room. Their eyebrows arched with thoughts. I started towards them just then the doorbell rang. I sped up towards the door instead. As I opened the door I saw Ishika standing with a tired expression. She must have got her practical classes today. I immediately let her in and she crashed on one of the couches. I went and sat too.

"Papa would you please check the email for me." He understood what I meant and nodded. I immediately passed him the phone.

"I'm proud of you Princess!" He said with a satisfied smile and looked into my eyes. I got it. I got my dream job!!! Ishika,who was was lying almost dead on the couch jumped over me and I broke out of my trance.

"Congrats Diii!!!"she screamed into my poor ears.

Ma and Papa too hugged and congratulated me. I can't be more thankful for their supportive nature. They never forced me to pursue medical as a family profession. I still remember when I asked them if I could take economics and Papa just smiled and said,"My Princess wants it,she gets it." And Ma nodded with an assuring smile.

"This calls for a celebration!!!" Ishika announced with a huge grin.

"It surely does",Ma and Papa said in unison and smiled at each other.

"Get ready kids!We are going to the icecream parlour after dinner", Ma said.

Time skip*

"I'm not letting you both eat icecream again. The shopkeeper's entire stock was about to get over.", Ma said glaring at Papa and Ishika. Yeah you read it right. Not me! I don't seem to like icecream much anymore. I feel their are some forgotten memories attached to it with a thin almost invisible string. It makes me feel melancholic everytime I eat icecream.

Papa and Ishika were looking at Ma with doe eyes like 7 year old kids who stole chocolate from their mother's secret drawer and were now being punished. I smiled at their pretty obvious attempt to please her.

"I'm letting you without a punishment Dr. Verma and Ms. Soon to be Dr. Verma. No sweets for both of you for a week!"

"Nooo!!!",they both whined but stopped immediately when Ma glared at them again. Then we all fell into an unintended silence.

"Honey we should reveal it to them now. She needs time to think about it.",Ma said to Papa who nodded in approval as well all sat in the living room. What are they talking about?

"Inaya, we want you to listen to us carefully ok?." Hmmm....sus.

"Ok"

"We both think it's time for you to get settled. We have someone in our mind. His and our family have been friends and we know their son. He's a good man."Ma said.

I...what? They want me to get married? But I haven't even thought about it. I just got my dream job. I just returned to my family. I just started feeling happy. Why do they want to send me away so soon? Am I being a burden on them already?

"Inaya say something beta.",Papa said looking at me with concerned eyes.

"I...I don't know",I almost whispered.

"It's fine Inaya, you have all your time to think. We just want you to meet him. Trust us once. We will never force you to do anything. You know that right?"Papa said as he came to me and wrapped him arms around me into a side hug.

"I know."

Breathe Inaya breath.
One thought at a time.
No rush.
You can deal with it.

"Ma can we talk about it tomorrow? I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"Sure sweety. We are meeting them on Saturday evening. You can take your time. And prepare for your first day at office tomorrow. We will look into rest of the things later."she said joining our hug.

Ishika who was still observing everything that just happened came out of her daze and joined out family hug.

"We love you Di"

"I know",I smiled. I love you too

Next day*

I came downstairs all prepared for my new day. My new job and new life. But one thing I know for sure is...this is gonna be a pretty long day.

"Honey please look into the file of Mrs. Batra,we need to schedule her surgery within the next week." Ma said while pouring juice into the glass for Ishika.

"Sure I will dear. We also have our monthly board meeting coming up to. Remember we have to put forward the suggestion for the neurology specific branch in Mumbai?",papa asked sipping his tea.

"Of course. I have discussed about it with the department and they are pretty hopeful. I hope it gets approved."

"Good morning everyone", I said gaining everyone's attention as I joined them for breakfast.

"Good morning ",they said in unison.

I picked up a toast from the plate and started spreading butter on it while everyone had their eyes on me. I know why.

Abhinash's POV

Isn't it strange? How our life turns in ways we never expect them to. As a neuro surgeon I understand it better than anyone. Then why am I unable to accept the fact that she isn't a part of my forever now? Someone said,"I'm not devasted about the lost past,I'm scared of the future without you." And I felt that.

Inaya/Abhinash's POV

"I'm ready to meet him/her." I finally said.

Inaya's POV

All of their eyes widened. They didn't expect me to agree so soon but honestly there is nothing much I can think about. Those dreams still knock at my door everytime I sleep. But I don't know who he is. I can't hold onto on a dream guy or a fictional man forever. I wish I could. But on the brighter side, there's no harm in meeting someone right? Maybe I will someday meet my Mr. Darcy too?

"We are so happy for you Inaya", Ma said with a wide smile.

"Looks like my princess is growing up. What would I do without you." Papa being dramatic? Hmmm...rare sight.

"I will finally get Di's master room!!!",Ma smacked her head playfully.

"Stop dreaming everyone. I agreed to meet him. I'm not getting married tomorrow.", I said rolling my eyes at their tactics.

"But I'm selecting your dress Di and you aren't denying."she said stuffing her last bite while swinging her bag on her shoulders making the selecting sound like 'sweating'.

As I said....it's gonna be a pretty long day.

Abhinash's POV

They all looked at me like I just revealed that I robbed a bank. They never expected me to agree I know. But I agreed because she said. She used to believe,"life is an limited set of chances,never leave anyone because it might be your last." I wanted to give this life a chance,for her,for me,for US.

"I'm so happy for you Sonu",Mom said with tears in her eyes as if I have agreed for the marriage or maybe she was sure I will.

"Finally we will be getting a bhabi!"Naira said squealing in her seat.

"Yep and she will be a better sister than you Himawari"said Aryan casually munching onto his veggies.

"I dare you say that again Sinchan"

"When will you both grow up huh?",chachi said glaring at them.

"So who's this girl you so eagerly want me to meet?"I asked diverting all of their attention.

"You will get to know when you meet her." Dad said and it was my cue to not argue anymore.

"As you say Dad"

Time skip*(at night)

I came into my room after having our little after dinner family talk. I decided to call Rehaan and Yash since it's been a while I talked with them. In my defence, I honestly have a lot on my plate. There are matters with the hospital and then my family's sudden interest with getting me settled.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand and clicked on the video call option. They both picked up immediately.

"My homies missing me is seems", Rehaan sang in his hoarse voice and both of us rolled out eyes.

"You will take a lifetime to grow up Ren",Yash commented.

"Ok before you guys start bickering I have something to tell."

They both looked at me curiously.

"My family asked me to get married."

Their eyes literally popped out of their sockets but Ren composed himself faster and-

"Didn't we promise to stay together always. How can you get married???." Goddd I'm done with his dramatic ass.

Ignoring him Yash asked,"Did you agree to them? Are you ready to move on Abhi?"

"I don't know",I sighed. "But I'm sure if she were here with me she wouldn't have liked me getting stuck to our past. So I decided to give it a chance. A meet won't harm right?"

"It's fine if you are okay Abhi. And we are one call away if you need anything."

"So does this call for a little celebration? Atleast a car race guys?", Ren said whining.

"I will agree on this. It's been a long time. Are you free Abhi?"

"No more questions. The night's on!",I said not wanting to temper their excitement plus I can use a distraction right now.

Time skip*

"You are totally gonna lose today Abhi!" Ren screamed through the voice of our speeding cars.

"We will see!" I screamed.

We were on our way towards the sharpest curve as my brain suddenly recalled about her. Everything has to happen at the shittiest time. How can I leave her behind and allow someone else to be a part of my life. I can't let anyone take her place. It's always her...

Oh no! My Aston Martin's tyre screeched as they slipped off the road. I missed the turn by some nanosecond. Shit! Ren and Yash went forward and Ren reached the finish line first. I know I diverted Yash's attention too. I didn't restart because I knew I couldn't drive now.

I got out of my car as they came running towards me.

"Abhi? Is everything fine? You look lost?" Yash asked keeping his hands firmly on my shoulders.

"He's just sad about losing from me and afraid because he doesn't want to give his share to treat for losing the race. Am I right or am I right?" Ren said smirking.

"When are you wrong Mr. Narcissist." Me and Yash said in unison rolling our eyes and then laughed.

"Admit it guys. You are jealous!." He said dramatically shaking his head with a proud smile.

"As you say sir." Yash and me again said in unison.

"Are you two having some telepathic connection I'm not aware of?" Ren asked raising his brow.

"You never know." I said.

"Now let's leave guys. I have an important meeting tomorrow and so do you Yash." Yash said pointing at Yash.

"Yeah let's leave but not before our group hug." Ren said and leapt on the two of us.

It's gonna be a long day I feel....

______________________________________

Hey peeps!!!
A sooner update as my birthday present!

Hope you guys liked this chapter🙈
Don't worry I will let the couple meet soon.
Till then don't forget to vote and comment your views♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5M 581K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐒𝐬 π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. π—©π—œπ——π—¬π—¨π—§ 𝗦𝗨π—₯𝗬𝗔π—ͺπ—”π—‘π—¦π—›π—œ...
206K 7K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
11.4K 539 36
Two people from a group of childhood friends when meet after 2 years, how will they fight the attraction between them. When the girl is already in lo...