Those eyes - Victor Von Doom...

By songzesura

Started: September 9, 2023 Finished: November 2, 2023 Rewrite: November 2, 2023 Status: Completed [Multiversa... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16. Backstory
17
18
19
Epilogue

13

159 8 1
By songzesura

Jackie watched as Alicia and Ben walked out onto the pathway, turning to look at his sister, ignoring the pain in his head. "You look beautiful, Sue." He said, grinning ear to ear. "I can't wait to call Reed my brother, and talk his ear off." He said making his sister chuckles.

"Not without him talking your ear off first." Sue said, a smile on her face.

"You two already do that to each other." Johnny said, a confusion expression on his face.

"You know, if a stranger see how you and Reed act, I'm very sure that they would've think you and him are actually married." Sue said, a playful smile on her face.

Johnny let out a small laugh, gaining the attention of Jackie and Sue. "Wouldn't even be a problem seeing as Jackie have a thing for old men."

"Johnny." Jackie scoffed, a smile on his face as he shakes his head at his brother.

"What? I'm right."

Jackie rolled his eyes, looking at his sister who is holding in her laugh. "Whatever, I'll see you guys out there." He said, smiling at his sister one last time before walking out the door.

Jackie walks down the aisle and sends a small nod towards Reed, who returned it, standing besides Alicia as he waits for his sister and brother to walks down the aisle.

Jackie turned to look at Reed when he heard a beeping noise from the man, and saw him with the device that keep in check with the machine.

"Reed, shut your cell phone off." Ben said.

"Actually, this is a–" Reed's words was cut off as the wedding music plays making him put away the device and turns to aisle, smiles widened when he saw the woman he is marrying walked down the aisle.

Jackie nods to Johnny as the man stand next to Ben, nodding back to him as the twins focused on Sue and Reed.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to..." The priest was cut off by a helicopter flying over them.

"Sue and Reed, congratulations on your wedding!" The man from the helicopter exclaimed.

"Where was I? Oh, yeah. Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this couple..." The priest trailed off when a beeping sounded from Reed's jacket.

Jackie watched as Reed takes out the device from his jacket, looking over Sue's shoulders to see what was wrong but his body freeze when his mind put up an images of Johnny flying after a silver man. He was brought back to reality when he heard Reed's asking if the priest can skip to the end.

Jackie makes eye contacts with Johnny who have a concerned expression on his face. Johnny nods to Jackie, asking him what's wrong. But Jackie didn't get to answer as the helicopter suddenly loses power, quickly moving towards them.

"It's too late."

• • •

"It looked like a man, but completely covered in silver, and it flew this, like..." Johnny trailed off trying to explain what he had just seen after he had flew after the Silver Surfer.

"Silver Surfer?" Jackie asked, walking in with a glass of water. He gives the water to Johnny who muttered a low 'thanks' and stands besides Reed.

"Yeah, a Silver Surfer. I know that sounds crazy." Johnny said, taking a big gulp of the water before placing the glass down on the stairs.

"Oh, no, not at all." Ben said, voice filled with amusement. "Did you follow the shiny man to Lollipop Land or the Rain ow Junction?"

"Ben." Jackie said, shaking his head to Ben who rolled his eyes lightly.

"I know what I saw." Johnny said, more thankful than ever to have Jackie by his side.

"Thank you. It's all right, Johnny." Reed said, finally talking after a minute of silence. "Whatever this thing is, it has the ability to concert matter and energy."

"So it caused the anomalies?"

"It seems to radiation cosmic energy when it exerts itself..." Jackie said, crossing his arms. "...randomly affecting matter. Evidently, this Silver Surfer didn't want to be detected."

Reed nods with agreement to Jackie. "It destroyed the sensor." He added, looking at the destroyed machine.

"It knew it was being monitored?" Sue asked, looking at Jackie and Reed.

"And traced it back here." Jackie said, looking at Johnny with concern. "We're delaying with something highly resourceful."

Johnny suddenly stands up, catching everyone's attention.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sue asked.

"Yeah. I just... I gotta walk this off." Johnny said, walking out of the room.

"We must destroy it before it attacks again." General Hager said, looking at Jackie and Reed. "Jacob, Richards, find me another way to track it." He said lastly before walking out.

• • •

"All of Sue's results are normal." Reed said, looking up to Johnny. "But Johnny's..."

"Johnny's are what?" Jackie and Johnny said simultaneously, the former being worried for his brother.

"Your encounter with the Surfer put your molecules in a constant state of flux." Reed answered as Jackie leaned against the table, sighing, catching Johnny's attention.

"Is that bad?" Johnny asked, wanting the answer from his twin brother.

"If any of us touch you, our powers will be temporarily switched." Jackie said, looking towards Ben who has walked in. Standing up straight on his feet as he feel like Ben is going to do something to Johnny.

"I'd like to run more tests and–" Reed was cut off by Ben approaching Johnny.

"Want a volunteer?" Ben asked, rocky body stopped by an engraved shields.

"Ben. Stop. It." Jackie said, hand raised towards Ben, telling him that he's not scared to push him away to protect his brother. "This is serious."

"I just wanted to give him a hug." Ben said, expecting the shield to go down, but it didn't.

"We don't know the extent of his condition." Reed said, watching Jackie intense eyes.

"It could be progressive." Sue added.

"It could be fun." Ben said, attempting to approach Johnny once again. Big mistake. He was pushed back two feet by the shields.

Johnny who is not noticing that Jackie is backing away, instantly makes body contact with his brother. Switching their powers temporarily. Johnny gasps, closing his eyes as his head instantly filled with multiple voices talking at the same time. An image of a man appeared, he have a curly hair and glares at him. He can hear himself screaming as multiple of images of him getting tortured by the man passed his mind. His body feels like it's burning before it fades when he feels his powers again.

Jackie looked down at Johnny with concerned in his eyes, watching as Johnny opened his eyes and looked up at him with questions in his eyes.

Johnny looked away from Jackie, standing up straight and leaned back against the cupboard, breathing heavily as he looked at Reed. "What am I supposed to do in the meantime?"

"Just... try to keep your distance from us." Reed said, feeling himself sweating as he feel Jackie's eyes glaring at him.

Jackie makes a shield for Johnny to walk away, Johnny sending Jackie a grateful smile before walking out of the room to his bedroom.

"You and me are gonna be spending a whole lot of time together, pal!" Ben called out after Johnny, turning back to where Jackie stood and flinch when he saw the boy with a bright green eyes.

"Reed, you could've worded that a lot better." Jackie said, calming himself down as he looks at destroyed stuff around him before turning back to Ben who flinch at his too calm gaze. "We don't know what would've happened to him if he got your powers. He's already having a hard time with my powers."

"Jacki–" Reed tried to say but was cut off by Jackie.

"I don't want to lose him Reed." Jackie said shakily, shaking his head as he walked out of the room.

• • •

Jackie knocks on Johnny's bedroom door, opening them when he heard Johnny voice telling him to come in. He walked in and sit himself on the bed, looking at Johnny who is laying down on the bed, looking up at the ceilings.

"I have a feeling you have questions." Jackie said, watching as Johnny blinked once and sat up, leaning against the headboard and looked at Jackie. "I will answer everything the best I can."

"What was those voices." Johnny asked, placing his hands on his lap.

"My powers have voices." Jackie said, noticing Johnny's raised eyebrows in confusion. "My engraved and fire powers, they have their own thoughts."

"The man." Johnny said, feeling his throat tightened as he remembered all the torture he had seen. "...and the torture."

Jackie was silence for a while before he looked up at Johnny, who looked at him with unshed tears in his eyes. "That man is Samael Blackthorn, and he has been torturing me in my mind ever since I got my powers."

"Why..." Johnny asked, voice shaking.

"I don't know." Jackie mutters, looking down at his lap.

"Jackie." Johnny said after two minutes of silence making Jackie looked up at him. "I want to hug you so bad."

Jackie nods, holding out of hand to Johnny who shakes his head.

"Reed said not to." Johnny said, watching Jackie's hand with longing.

"We're twins Johnny. We're basically inseparable from birth." Jackie said watching as a smile appear on Johnny's face.

Johnny let out a small sigh through his nose, shaky hand moving to Jackie's. He softly placed his hand on Jackie, expecting their powers to switch, but, nothing came. He opened his eyes, that he can't remember closing, and looked up at Jackie who smiled at him.

Jackie wrapped his arms around Johnny, burying his face in Johnny's shoulder as he let Johnny wraps his arms onto him tightly. He rubs Johnny's back when he feels something wet hitting his shoulder where Johnny's face is.

"You don't have to suffer alone Jackie." Johnny muffled voice said, tightly holding onto his brother.

Jackie bury his face farther in Johnny's shoulder. "I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 300 15
Started: June 2, 2023 Finished: July 22, 2023 Rewrite: October 29, 2023 Status: Completed [Multiversal Adventures series book 3 of 5] Words: 22,138
39.7K 1K 19
With Alexa and Johnny's relationship forever growing,The Fantastic Five are stronger than ever. But what happens when a surfer from outer space destr...
8.6K 213 16
⊹β™₯οΈŽΛ– ΰ£ͺα―€ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—Žπ—‡π—Œπ–Ύπ—π—π—…π—‚π—‡π—€ π–Ίπ—π–Ίπ—‹π–Ύπ—‡π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ π—ˆπ–Ώ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—ˆπ—π—‡ 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗍 π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› 𝗔𝗣𝗛π—₯π—’π——π—œπ—§π—˜ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—œπ—–π—”π—§οΏ½...
18.8K 604 31
Started: January 24, 2024 Finished: February 13, 2024 Status: Completed Rewrite: March 8, 2024 Words: 36,644 [Scream 5 - Scream 6]