Your Nebulous Fate

By Vinnalecupcake

๐—ก๐—ฒ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ : ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ, ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ-๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ. Yasumi miri Homar... More

Authors Note
๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŽ
๐šˆ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šž๐š–๐š’ ๐™ท๐š˜๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ
๐™ฐ๐š”๐šŠ๐š”๐š’ ๐š‚๐š˜๐šŒ๐š˜๐š๐šŠ
Arc 1 [The Hunter Exam]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Arc 2 [The Zoldyck Family]
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Arc 3 [Heavens Arena]

Chapter 8

30 3 1
By Vinnalecupcake

There was the distinct sound of Majitani shouting profanities at Leorio before, scurrying off as background noise to your current dilemma.

You smiled cheekily at Killua, ignoring Gon's curious and Kurapika's concerned gaze.

You should feel more pressed with Killua's accusations out in the open but this hunter exam has been more of a vacation for you, you having more fun than intended.

But you really should be more serious considering Akaki needs to pass this exam.

You pressed a finger against your cheek, "Well-"

Akaki stepped up beside you, crumbs staining her face and top while a raspberry sauce covered her chin,"I don't appreciate you pressuring my friend. Especially when we should be focused on Leorio's match. Can we wait until After Leorio wins?"
Akaki wrapped a arm around your shoulder.

Kurapika nodded, "I suppose it can wait, seeing as it's not life threatening."

Gon nodded, "I'm still confused on what's going on so maybe we should wait until Leorio returns."

Killua huffed, turning around, "Whatever."

You turned to Akaki, digging your hand in her satchel and groaning at the amount of discarded wrappers there was but you took out a face towelette.
"Here, wipe your face."

Akaki smiled, facing Leorio's match while cleaning her face.

You sent a sideways glance before resuming to watch Leorio's match, making eye contact with Killua who was sending you a slight glare.
In return you sent a smile his way, smirking as he looked away.

You eyed the scoreboard, forty hours awarded to the prisoners which left them with eighty hours and only twenty hours remaining for your group.

The prisoner tilted their head, speaking to Leorio, "You knew he was awake."

Leorio nodded, "It may not seem like it but I'm pre-med, so I can tell if someones awake from their eye movement."

Akaki had her eyes wide, "The old man is a doctor?"
You frowned, "You didn't realize that by the full suitcase of medicine?"
Akaki shrugged, " I Thought he was a drug dealer."
You rested your palm against your head, sighing.

The prisoner noted, "However you're down to twenty hours."

Leorio countered, "However we're up 2-1"
True to his words, a point was awarded to your group.

Leorio smirked, pointing at the prisoner, "Alright, it's now your turn. What are we going to bet on next?"

The prisoner's shackles fell off,
And they removed their cloak which revealed a female with rather large pink pigtails.
Someone you happened to recognize.

You tilted your head, "Finally a prisoner with a normal appearance. However I don't think Leorio is going to win against Leroute..."

You jumped slightly at Gon's voice, not expecting anyone other than Akaki to hear you, "Do you know her Yasumi?"

You smiled, "Yup, well I know her but I've never met her."

Killua made a snide remark, "And let me guess, you're going to keep whatever information about her to yourself."

You scoffed, "If you were to ask nicely than I would. But honestly, I only know of her prison sentence and crimes. Nothing else."

Gon pouted, "That's a shame, but do you really think Leorio won't win?"

You nodded, "Leroute isn't a woman to be underestimated. I mean, look what she's done to Leorio already."

Leorio had a perverted expression on his face, muttering compliments towards Leroute's figure and face.

Killua scrowled, "That old man is probably dancing on the inside."

Akaki winced, "He looks like he's actually gonna start dancing."

Kurapika shook his head, "I have a bad feeling."

Leroute smiled, placing a hand on her hip, "Then let's bet on whether I'm a man or woman."

Leorio staggered back, "What?"
Leroute questioned him, "Whats wrong? Is there a problem?"
Leorio shook his head, "N-no.
That's fine but how will you prove if I'm wrong?"

Leroute smirked, "I'll let you examine every part of my body then. Until you're satisfied."

Leorio hunched over, letting his eyes roam over Leroute's body.

You shook your head, "And we've already lost."

Kurapika nodded, "Leorio will bet she's a man."
Killua nodded in agreement.

Gon had an expression of confusion on his face, "Huh? Why?"

Akaki shook her head, "Because that old man is too perverted for his own good."
Akaki's explanation didn't help Gon, him still looking confused.

Leorio announced, "Okay, I've decided. I bet ten hours that you're a man!"

Kurapika hung his head, "I knew it.."
Killua hissed, "That old man.."
Akaki gagged in disgust.

Gon tilted his head, "Neh, how did you know Kurapika?
You sighed," Leorio purposely chose wrong for his own benefit."

However this time your explanation did nothing as Gon still looked confused.
Akaki put a hand on your shoulder," Don't bother, he's too pure. "

Killua swung his arm around Gon's shoulder, explaining it to him in great detail.

You cringed as you watched Leorio's pervy expression worsen at Leroute's answer.

"Too bad.. I'm a woman."
Leroute smirked as the score changed to 90-10.

Leroute placed a hand on her chest, "But of course, would you like to check?"

Leorio shrieked in glee, "B-b-b-but of course!"

Killua covered Gon's eyes as Leorio did his 'examination'.
You simply stared to the side, keeping eye contact with Akaki as you two made disgusted expressions at each other due to Leorio's audible 'examination'.

You sighed in relief as Leorio finished, holding his hand in the air as though it was blessed by God.

Tonpa smirked, "He's gonna lose." His words gained everyone's attention.
He continued, "Leroute has already seen through Leorio's strategy.  He's been betting conservatively in order to minimize damage from either outcome. A gambler who only focuses on avoiding a loss will never win."

You sarcastically applauded fir him, "Wow, you've actually said something useful for once."

Killua rolled his eyes,"As if you should be talking."

You both glared at each other, Gon cautiously looking between you two.

In the midst of Leorio sniffing his hand, Leroute broke him out of his musing, "It's now your turn to think of something to bet on."

Kurapika addressed the now risky situation with Leorio, "Leorio has no room for error."

Seeing the confusion on Gon's face, Kurapika explained further " If he loses the next wager then the overall score will be 2-2. And we'll have fifty less hours to escape the tower."

Gon looked in concern towards Leorio who was muttering aloud.
" I can't lose the next bet... Hmm maybe I could bet on... No that wouldn't work... But maybe.... Or maybe whether I'm a man or woman... Hmm no..."

Killua interjected," Hey old man, you're talking aloud!"

Gon smiled, chiming in, "Hey Leorio! How about whether or not you're still in your teens or not."

You smiled, high-fiving Gon, "Nice one Gon!"

Leorio objected, "No way!  I don't look that old.... I'm still a teenager!"
However obviously Leroute would've fallen for Leorio being a old man, her expression of great shock at Leorio's words. However she quickly recovered her smiley expression.

Leorio loudly declared his wager," All right! In that case, we'll use rock, paper-scissors!
A bet on who'll win a game of rock, paper-scissors!"

Akaki shook her head, her eye twitching, "A simple minded game for a simple minded person."

You rolled your eyes, "And was it not you who forced me to play rock, paper-scissors with you in the blimp?"

Akaki grinned, "Nope, not me at all."

Leroute smiled, accepting Leorio's bet,"Sure!"

Kurapika doubted Leorio's choice,"Rock, paper-scissors? Why'd he have to pick such a difficult wager? "

You mused aloud, "Leorio was looking for a easy win wager, but he definitely didn't think his choice through."

Gon guessed, "Is rock, paper-scissors supposed to be hard?"

Leroute put down her wager, "Alright, I'll bet eighty hours on my victory."

Leorio sagged in surprise, "E-eighty hours?"

Leroute quipped, "Is something wrong? I'm free to bet as much as I want."

Leorio hesitantly nodded, "W-well you're right.."

Leroute responded, "And if you lose , I can only take ten hours from you. Don't worry."

Leorio kept silent for a minute, most likely over thinking Leroute's words already due to the sweat trickling down his face.

You sighed, "This is pitiful at this point. Leroute's delusion has already gotten her the win."

Gon frowned, "Yasumi you should have more optimism for Leorio."

You clicked your tongue, "I have plenty hope for Leorio, but more trust for Leroute."

Gon's frown deepened at your words but his attention was caught by Kurapika who was explaining his earlier statement.

"While the rules to rock, paper-scissors  are simple, the game itself is more complex."

You blocked out the rest of Kurapika's explanation, you already understood what he was trying to explain to Gon.

Instead, you thought of how you would resolve your situation once Leorio finished his match. You didn't expect Killua to speak out, nor on the fact he had paid attention to you.

Ultimately, you didn't want to destroy the friendship you had made with the group if they would begin to distrust you, especially since you never had time to truly make friends.

But you couldn't be fully honest with them, so it was quite the dilemma you were in.
You lightly frowned, not noticing the curious gaze looking at you.

Leorio loudly exclaimed, "Okay! I've made my decision."
Leorio's short lived determination faltered as Leroute stepped up to him.

Leroute smirked, "Are you sure? It's obvious what you're going to choose. I can read people's minds. "

Leorio immediately denied, "Liar! I won't fall for your schemes and your bluffing won't work on me!"

Leroute was ever so confident, "You'll believe me soon enough."

And as much as Leorio denied and tried to stop, he fell into the rabbit hole of worries and overthinking Leroute's lies and confidence.

Kurapika spoke, "He'll use Rock."
Gon made a sound of confusion at Kurapika's words.

Leroute held out her hand, "Rock, paper.."
Leorio, unprepared, thrust out his hand.
"Scissors!"
"Scissors!"

Both of them held out closed fists, forming rock.
Leorio sighed in relief as he realized he didn't lose.

Gon oohed, turning to Kurapika, "You were right. Good guess."

Kurapika corrected him, "Nervous people unconsciously avoid any action that involves opening up. In other words, by making Leorio uncomfortable, she ensures that he's unlikely to use paper."

Killua noted, "So if she sticks with rock then she's guaranteed a win or a draw."

Kurapika nodded, "Like I said,
rock, paper-scissors is actually a mind game."

Akaki groaned, "Rock, paper-scissors is supposed to fun and specifically have no thinking behind it."

Leorio realized, "Hey, since we both used rock, isn't that a draw?"

Leroute nodded, "What of it?"

Leorio grinned, "A-ha! So you were lying about being able to read my mind. If you actually could, you would've won! "

Leroute only giggled causing Leorio to become irritated, "Why are you laughing?"

Leroute answered,
"I deliberately gave you that tie."
Leorio shouted out,"Quit lying!"

Leroute reminded him, "Did you forget? We're trying to stall you."
Leroute continued, "If I chose to, I could force an indefinite amount of draws."

Leorio's hands were tightly clenched as he struggled to speak back.

Leroute chuckled, "But that wouldn't be any fun. So I'll end  this in the next turn."

Leroute proceeded to taunt Leorio as he heavily struggled to escape his anxious doubts.

Akaki frowned, "He's like a mouse in cat's playground."
You nodded, "That's one way to think about it."

Kurapika hypothesized, "When someone loses confidence then they crave reassurance. That makes him likely to either use the same hand or use a stronger hand."

Killua summarized, "So she wants Leorio to either use rock or paper."

Kurapika nodded, "So she's sure to use paper."

Gon cheered, "So Leorio just has to stay one step ahead."

Kurapika hesitantly nodded, "Well, only of he manages to calm down."

Gon smiled, yelling out, "Leorio!"

Leorio turned, "What is it?"

Gon reassured him, "You're bound to win of you use scissors!"

You held in a laugh, poor Gon just wanted to help Leorio but instead he was only futhur digging the rabbit hole Leorio was stuck in.

Leorio, turned to Leroute as he struggled to grasp on what move to make.
Leroute smiled," Go ahead! Use scissors. "

Leorio already screamed as he struggled on what to do but too bad for him as Leroute already begun.

She grinned, "Rock, paper..
Here comes the... draw!"

Leroute held her hand out as though to shake ones hand, while Leorio held put a closed fist.

The scoreboard dinged as Leroute's score changed to a hundred and Leorio's changed to zero.

Leroute spun around as she cheered," I win! "

Gon sighed," Rock, paper-scissors really is complicated."
Killua added, "Now the score is 2-2."
Kurapika frowned, "Worse yet, we have to give up fifty hours."

Akaki pondered, "How bsd is this going to affect us.."
You smiled, talking quiet, "Don't worry, this shoukdby affect 𝙪𝙨."
Akaki frowned at your words.

Leorio had his head hung in shame as he walked back towards you guys.
"Sorry guys, I was pretty confident in my rock, paper-scissors ability."

Kurapika shook his head, "Don't worry but it's time for the next round now."

Killua interrupted, "Not yet, there's more pressing matters."

You clicked your tongue as everyone's eyes turned to you, well except Leorio who was rightfully confused.

"Huh? Why are we looking at Yasumi?" Leorio questioned.

Kurapika explained, "Killua believes Yasumi's trying to sabotage us."

Leorio immediately denied that, "No way! Killua, you're out of your mind. I can't see how Yasumi would ever do anything bad to us."

Killua scoffed, "You don't even know the full story old man!"

Gon spoke out, "Yasumi, what Killua said.. Is it true?"

You frowned, "As much as I hate to say it... Yes it is true."

Killua yelled out, "I knew it!"

Leorio shook his head, "I refuse to believe it! No matter what you say, I can't see Yasumi doing anything bad."

Kurapika puzzled, "But Yasumi just admitted it."

Leorio shrieked, "Doesn't matter!"

Akaki loudly yelled out to gain everyone's attention, "SHUT UP!"

Everyone stilled, looking at Akaki who gestured to you, "Let Yasumi explain herself guys."

You frowned, lightly scratching your arm, "I'm genuinely sorry for making it seem as though I was trying to 'sabotage' you guys. But that isn't the truth."

Leorio grinned, "See she's innocent!"
Killua grunted, "Shut up old man, she isn't done."

You continued, "I knew Majitani was awake, because I saw the note Leroute handed to him. I didn't say anything because I had no evidence of the fact and at the time everyone was arguing so I kept quiet."

Killua frowned as he tried to gauge whether you were lying or not but blinked multiple times as he realized you were telling the truth.

You further explained," And when I apparently shushed Akaki, it was just because Leorio was especially shouting at Kurapika and I was worried Akaki would've further egged Leorio on."

Leorio awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as you mentioned the fight he had with Kurapika and Akaki scoffed at your words, crossing her arms.

You finished up," And when I suggested Kurapika forfeit his point, it was simply because I respected his morals in not wanting to further fight Majitani."
Kurapika nodded at you, grateful.

Akaki loudly declared, "So Yasumi is innocent alright!"

Gon cheered, "Whoo!
He turned to Killua," Neh, you should probably apologize to Yasumi. "

Leorio furiously nodded his head," Yeah, you were seemingly painting her out to be the villain when she was innocent!"

You faltered at their words, gulit heavily crushing on your heart.

Killua stumbled with his words," Huh?! I didn't know she was innocent! And why should I apologize! "

You grabbed the chance," It's fine, it's also partially my fault for not immediately explaining."

Leorio attempted to argue back but faltered at your reassuring smile, instead glaring at Killua who glared right back.

Gon smiled," Well at least that's sorted. But now it's time for the next match right? "

Kurapika nodded," But who's going to go next?"

Killua snatched the chance, sending you a sideways glance, "I'll go, I anyways need to unwind."

Leorio babbled, "Y-You're going? Dammit I really needed to win my round! "

Killua, apparently taking Leorio's words the wrong way, nagged to Gon, "This guy is  seriously pissing me off!"

Killua frowned, "Don't give up before we even know what the contest is. But if it's a math challenge then I'm surrendering. "

Akaki laughed at his words, causing Killua to shout at her, "Shut it you hag!"

It was hard to not notice the scene happening across the room, the fearfull expressions of the unmasked prisoners while the masked two showed their fear through body language as they all gazed upon one orosoner who stood up.

In a matter of seconds, Majitani's face was smashed into the wall by the prisoner and they tore apart the wall as they walked forward.

Concerned glances were being shot around, especially as the prisoner unmasked themselves and Leorio gasped.

You winced as you recognized the prisoner, Johness the Dissector however you had nonexistent worries. After all, if Killua was a zoldyck like you believed him to be, then you were more worried for Johness's life.

Leorio frowned, a grave expression on his face, "We should take the loss. Killua, you shouldn't fight him."

Killua, nonchalant, questioned calmly, "Why?"

Leorio explained, " He's Johness the Dissector, the worst mass murderer in Zaban history."

Leorio continued explaining facts about Johness that you already knew, instead you took to watching Johness's expression.

Johness stared at Killua, most likely having heard that Killua was going to go up. You frowned at the glint in Johness's eyes, a predatoril glint, a sinister glint, a sadistic glint, as he stared.

However your frown turned into smirk as you imagined Killua killing Johness, after all a murderer like Johness wouldn't settle for anything less than a death match. Especially since he would've been starved for blood after being kept in prison.

And you knew Killua would win.

Killua shuffled over to the middle platform, hands tucked in his pockets even as Leorio yelled at him to stop him.

Killua stood in front of Johness, an easy-going smile on his face, "How are settling this contest?"

Johness's hands twitched, "Contest? I believe you have the wrong idea. This will be a one sided massacre. I have no interest in the exam or any offer of amnesty. I just want to  hear your screams of agony."

Killua was everlasting nonchalant, "Really? Okay. The one who dies, loses then?"

You supposed even a merciless murderer could be shocked, seeing as Johness had the slight knock of surprise in his eyes.

Johness nodded, "Yeah, that's right. I'll tear you apart with my hands-"

You shivered as you noticed the killer anamosity from Killua as he walked past Johness, you barely even noticed his hand movements.

Gasps was heard from both sides of the room as Johness had his hand in front of him, red seeping through his shirt from where his heart is... Or rather where it should've been.

And in Killua's hand was unrecognizable heart belonging to Johness.

Johness took to mumbling in his last moments, patting at his chest and mutters of how cold it was.

Johness turned around, looking at Killua who had his heart in his hands just barely hanging from Killua's fingers.

You crossed your arms as you noticed the dead look in Killua's eyes, the sadistic smile on his face being quite the contrast even as the heart in his hand slowly stopped beating.

You watched the desperation on Johness's face as he reached out to Killua, "G-give I-It back !"

Finally, the heart in Killua's hand stopped beating akin to the breathing belonging to Johness as he fell to the ground with his hand outstretched.

Killua set Johness's in his outstretched hand.

A ding sound rung out, a point being rewarded to your group making the score 3-2.

Killua looked over at the prisoners before leaving, talking to Tonpa's opponent, "Hey, you didn't get the chance to actually fight. Wanna play with me?"

The prisoner shivered under Killua's gaze, "No thanks."

Killua shrugged in response before coming back, "Whatever."

Leorio hesitantly spoke, "W-Who is he?"

Gon made of a face of realization, "Oh you you guys don't know. Killua comes from an elite assassin family."

It was only a few seconds of dead silence before both Akaki and Leorio shrieked aloud.
"An elite family of assassins?!"
"The brat is an assassin!?"

Killua's voice rung out, "I'm back."

Both Leorio and Akaki stepped back, holding onto each other as they timidly stared at each other.

You sighed at the sight but turned to Killua, holding your hand up for a high five, "Good job."

Killua looked surprised for a second before scoffing, high fiving you, "Of course I did a good job."

Gon grinned, also high fiving Killua, "That was so cool!"

Even at yours and Gon's nonchalant attitude towards Killua, Akaki and Leorio still stood their distance but they both raised a thumbs up,
"G-Good job!"
"N-Nice one!"

Kurapika nodded, "Yes.. Good job Killua. But now it's time for the next match." Kurapika nodded in direction to the prisoners and the next one stepped up.

You and Akaki turned to each other and Akaki of course took the initiative with a large grin, "Wanna rock, paper-scissors me for who goes next?"

Leorio shuddered at the mention of rock, paper-scissors.

You smiled as you held your hand out, Akaki doing the same.
"Rock, paper-scissors!
"Rock, paper-scissors."

At this point you were willing to just surrender because Akaki has more than a 60% chance to win and around 30% to get a tie yet every single time it ends up like this.

You held out paper while Akaki held out, of course, rock.

Akaki looked to the point of tears as she stared tearily at her closed fist.

Gon put his hand on your shoulder, "Neh, Good luck Yasumi!"
Kurapika nodded, "It's currently 3-2 so if you win then we'll be able to leave."

Killua interrupted, "You mean when she wins."

You would've blushed at his words had Akaki not loudly wail, "THERE'S A CHANCE I MIGHT NOT EVEN FIGHT?"

Leorio rubbed at his ears, having been the closest to Akaki which ment he's the one that faced near immediate deafness.

You felt that distinct feeling of guilt wrap around your heart as you smiled while lying right through your teeth, "Sorry Akaki, but I plan on winning."

You didn't bother picking up your sword, having placed it near Akaki's bag when you guys first joined Gon's group, because you already had a three set of kunai's on hand.
After all, why dirty your blade over a quick match?

You walked forward, meeting your opponent on the middle platform. Despite the cloak covering their body and most of their hands, you noticed the glint of different sized and coloured nails resting in thier fingers.

The prisoner clasped their hands, placing them on their chest. "Ah! To think I'd end up with such a cutie. I just know you'll be fun..."

It was hard to describe thier voice, secretive and seductive and hostile all in one.

They removed their cloak which revealed a surprisingly tall women with most noticeably, long platinum blonde hair. You honestly wanted to shield your eyes from how bright it appeared even under the somewhat dim lighting.

The prisoner elegantly bowed, "My name is Mayakashi, I was sentenced with 494 years for embezzlement, murder and human trafficking."

You bowed your head, "And how would you propose we settle our match?"

Mayakashi giggled, eyeing you with murderous intent.
"Such a cute little girl... Ah I would've loved to have played with you but I suppose we could play in another way."

You frowned, "What do you mean exactly?"
You could hear worried mutters from Leorio but you  ignored all background noise as you focused on Mayakashi.

She giggled, "What do you think of a card game? Ah and I have the perfect game for us to play!"

You thought about it for a second, but nodded for her to continue.

Immediately a grin stretched across her face, unnaturally large. "It'll just be a little game for a little girl. What do you think of Shinkei-suijaku?"

You froze, not expecting her to choose something like that to play. You expected something more.. Murderous such as Russian roulette and such. "Do you mean the memory game?"

Mayakashi cheered, clasping her hands together in delight, "So you recognize it! I knew it would be the perfect game for us to play. Do you know the typical rules?"

You nodded.

Mayakashi's cheerful grin turned murderous, "Then erase those completely from your mind. I have a new set of rules we will abide by."

You clicked your tounge, you should of expected this. You've definitely been slacking off too much.

Mayakashi spun in place, "I'll explain it simply for you little one. I'll lay down hundred and fourcards which is two decks and we'll take turns matching a pair and the turns switching after a lost pair. We'll play three rounds and the one who gets the most pairs per round wins! Simple right?"

You nodded," However, isn't that standard Shinkei-suijaku rules?"

Mayakashi stopped spinning in place, keeping dead eye contact with you,       "But that's where you're wrong. After every lost match, a punishment must be dealt to the loser. But... Ah little girls like you are too cute to properly punish. So I'll do you a favor, you get to choose the punishment for my loss and I'll get to choose the punishment for your loss."

You kept silent, debating over the pros and cons for a moment before Leorio's voice rung out," Yasumi! Don't agree to that! "

You turned around, seeing Leorio's red face as he stared while Kurapika and Akaki looked espastrated.
You smiled, turning back to Mayakashi and promptly ignoring Leorio.

You kept eye contact with Mayakashi but you couldn't help that one thought of how focused Killua was watching you when you turned around, his gaze almost.. Concerned.
Was he concerned over you?

You smiled at Mayakashi, "I would love to play."

You heard sounds of Leorio arguing and perhaps Gon or Kurapika attempting to calm him down however that sound was overshadowed by the squealing of Mayakashi.

On your group's side of the room, Leorio was shouting as he attempted and failed to get out of Akaki's grip, "Dammit Akaki! Let go! I'll take that leap of faith and jump over the ledge to get Yasumi back from that she-devil!"

Kurapika ignored Leorio's screams, already fed up with arguing with him, "Yasumi is a very intelligent girl, so why did she agree to such vague rules... Especially the punishment part."

Killua huffed as he stood near the edge, watching you, "Doesn't matter. She wouldn't have agreed to play if she knew she wouldn't win."

Gon nodded, "Killua's right, we should trust Yasumi."

Silence settled over them, even Leorio kept quiet as he finally limped in Akaki's hold.

Meanwhile, next to Mayakashi a podium arose with two decks of cards.

Mayakashi excitedly snatched them, a horrifyingly gleeful glint in her eyes.

She stalked forward, getting right up in your face and gripping it with a light force.
Despite the lack of force in her hold, her dangerously sharp nails still prodded at your skin which just barely refused to break through and make you bleed.

She kept eye contact with you, her expression full of deadly excitement and yours just stoic.

Mayakashi excitedly whispered, "Neh little girl, you'll bleed the prettiest right?"

____________[fact/s num X]_____________

Mayakashi was inspired by Itsuki Sumeragi From Kakegurui.
______________________________

Word count :4636

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 442 25
After a terrible incident occurred when she was younger, it has left her with most of her childhood memories gone. But that doesn't mean she won't ge...
17.1K 780 40
โ”†ๅฝก ๐‰๐”๐ƒ๐†๐„๐Œ๐„๐๐“ | ๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘๐—๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช...
314K 8.1K 30
Y/N is from a small no nothing town and over hears about the Hunter's Exam. And so,she takes it. She meets Gon,Kurapika,Leorio and Killua...and has a...
2.2K 68 27
y/n l/n a famous killer magician decides to take the hunter exam would they pass? will they make friends because they are friendless as fuck? will t...