Tares City

By Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... More

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

62. Dilemmas

33 7 0
By Shania_Samm

ARROW BERLIN

Arrow wakes with a thudding headache, the back of her skull throbbing with every heartbeat. The pain she felt was nauseating as her brain struggled to catch up with her surroundings. Coming to her senses, she immediately realizes the gravity of her situation.

She'd been captured.

Her hands were bound behind her, behind the chair she sat upon. There were binds at her wrists and another set higher up along her arms, pulling them tightly together. Her legs suffered the same fate, binds tying each ankle and each shin to its respective chair leg. A hard wooden chair that dug into her skin. There was also one along her stomach, keeping her back flush against the chair, with no room for the slightest movement.

Her capturers were thorough, she acknowledged. To Arrow, the worst of it all was the sensory deprivation she was forced to endure. A noise-cancelling headphones covered her ears blocking out all outside sounds. Accompanying that was a thick black sack of some kind that allowed for nothing to pass through. No light, shadows, or obscured shapes. Completely blind, only hearing the beat of her heart and the blood pulsing through her. She was aware of her every swallow, every breath, her thoughts loud in her head.

She thought back to the crash after she was yanked out of the wreckage by the smug-looking Lycan. She'd injected him with a syringe, and his body fell to the ground in a spasming heap. The other two rushed in after that, seeing their friend on the ground. One grabbed her by the neck but she easily got him, stabbing the needle into his fingers. The third was where she faltered slightly. The Lycan slapped her against the side of her head, sending her to the ground. The assault had disoriented her, allowing him to grab her. The needle she had in her hand slipped out at that moment, and the Lycan had assumed that was all she had. He was wrong, Arrow pulling her last from the cup of her bra. Her movements were slow but the Lycan had her on his shoulder, thinking she was weaponless and could do him no harm.

She'd yanked the protective cover off, driving the point into his back.

He was down, incapacitated - but Arrow's injuries came catching up to her the moment she fell off the Lycan's shoulder. Out of adrenaline, pain, and blurry vision had her stumbling back toward her car. Only to succumb to the darkness then and there.

Part of her wondered what she would have done had she been able to stay awake. Who she would have called for help, for her and Nicholas who was worse off than she.

Nicholas. Shot at the restaurant and injured further in the crash, she wondered if he was alive. Had her capturers saved his life so they could torture and interrogate him as well, or did they leave him there to die?

She knew she wouldn't get an answer anytime soon. Her thoughts moved to brainstorm escape plans. However, she couldn't get past a solution to her binds.

Time seemed as if it dragged on, Arrow waiting anxiously for the arrival of whoever took her. She knew what was coming, the torture, the questions. She also knew that had to know she was awake. She waited for what seemed like hours to her, her heart speeding up every time she thought she heard a shuffle next to her. But it never was, all sounds were her doing. The ringing in her ears would come and go, tricking her into thinking it was an outside noise, slowly getting on her nerves. She began to get impatient, wanting something other than the stark darkness and irritating silence.

Arrow began to wonder if an entire day had passed as she battles against the fatigue and aches in an attempt to stay alert and ready for confrontation.

Sooner than she would have liked, Arrow feels her eyelids becoming heavy, drooping close against her will. Every time they close, she gasps, flinging them wide open only to have them slowly shut again.

Arrow is startled awake by the bag being roughly removed from her head. Bright lights blind her instantly, and her earphones are removed roughly as well. Before she could blink to make her eyes adjust faster, her chair is rocked back at a precarious angle, a damp towel being slapped onto her face. Her brain doesn't get to register any of this fully before water begins falling onto a towel covered face.

She was being waterboarded.

Arrow sputters and coughs as her nose and lungs burn. She spits water out her mouth with each gasp but it doesn't help her much, the towel across her face making it hard for her to get a clear breath. Just as abruptly as it began, it comes to an end. Her chair is pitched forward roughly, the towel snatched off of her - earphones and sack being replaced before she could get a look at anything.

In the silence of her sensory deficit, her racing heart beats loudly, her erratic breathing sounding as if it were someone else. Her nose burned, her head aches, her lungs stung....she was helpless. What feels like hours pass before the event repeats itself, playing out in the very same way it had the first time. Starting with her succumbing to the fatigue only to be awakened by near drowning.

After the third assault, a rag is tied over her eyes once her chair is returned to its natural position.

"In the mood to chat hunter?" A female voice speaks, coming from directly ahead of her.

Arrow doesn't respond, despite her mind screaming at her about the severity of the repercussions to come.

"No? Okay."

Arrow expected to be waterboarded again at her defiance, readying herself to brace the torture. Instead, she feels the muscles in her body begin to pulse painfully as instantaneous and unrelenting agony surged through her. The suddenness and intensity have her crying out, fighting against her restraints.

"Name?" A male voice asks once the source of pain recedes, tremors still racking her body.

"A-Alex," Arrow sputters out.

"Why were you at the restaurant, Alex?" He asks, his tone mocking.

"I got lost," Arrow responds, receiving a laugh from the man.

"The hunter has jokes. Killed four innocent men, widowed a pregnant woman, paralyzed the sole bread winner of a family... and she has jokes!"

Arrow finds herself tensing, readying her body for the pain of what she guessed was a taser again. But the sting never came. With the earphones off, she knew someone was still in the space with her, hearing footfalls moving around.

"AH!" Arrow screams out as heat connects to her leg, the sound of a sizzle against her flesh intensifying the sensation.

As soon as the heat source is removed from her skin, Arrow's ears are covered once more - the bag being placed over her head even though a cloth is tied around her eyes.

~

YARA ROSEWOOD

Yara steps out of the room as the hunter's scream dies down.

She was a bit stunned when Jensen told her to let Dalton carry out the interrogations. She was fully prepared to face the hunters and demand answers. It was her restaurant, her friends. She wanted to be the one to take the lead but Jensen was persistent and now she knew why. Now she saw what Jensen knew his friend was capable of. She figured his tactics were from their time in the field. Dalton's cold, stoic approach was fascinating and unnerving to watch.

He carried out the interrogation in a way she would not have thought to. "Break them, and then make them talk." He had told her when she asked why they were starting with their questions.

Walking outside, she looks back at her cabin house. Part of her wasn't happy they were doing this at her Clearmeadow home but it was the only secure and private place within their reach. They had the hunters locked in separate rooms of the unfinished extension. They'd make sure to move every and anything out of the spaces, though Yara was confident they wouldn't be getting themselves out anytime soon. Dalton had been thorough in securing the female hunter, making sure there wasn't more than an inch of space for her to move. The male was still unconscious, Jensen doing just enough to prolong his life. He removed the bullet, placing mediocre stitches to close the wounds he sustained.

Taking out her phone, she dials Darla, needing to check up on her and Decker. Decker was the only one to survive the ordeal with the hunters, but it was at a cost. Paralyzed from whatever poison they'd injected him with, her friend was no longer able to shift. Despite his efforts, he couldn't bring forth his claws or change his eyes. Trapped within a body that didn't work.

Yara had Darla stay with Decker and his family, hoping it would be enough to keep her occupied. She of course wanted to be a part of the questions but they all knew that scenario would not have played out well for them. She wanted the hunters dead but they needed answers first. After that...well...

A new text distracts Yara before she can press the call button - seeing it was a reply from Brandon. 'Got the name, send the posit.' The text read. Brandon was the owner of 'Tares Auto Wreckers', a family-owned business he inherited. A Lycan Yara met when she opened her restaurant, and the two of them became acquainted when he gave her his card with the proposal of trading discounts.

The night of the attack was the first time Yara used his number, having to negotiate a price and a couple of meals for his discretion. No stranger to the works of hunters, he eventually agreed...at a cost. He also offered Yara the opportunity to find out the name of the car's owner. The price was steep but it was leverage they needed.

With a sigh, Yara responds 'Okay', heading to her cash app to direct transfer the payment.

'Received. Name: Berlin, Arrow.' The following text read. 'More information requires another deposit.' He sent after.

'You're dealing with a big name there. Better watch your back.' He sends it immediately after.

'Thanks. Will be in touch.' Yara types back in response.

'Noted, until then. Delete chat.'

'Ok.'

"Well, shit!" Yara hisses as she reads the messages over. "A Berlin."

~

"What on earth could they want with you guys? This wasn't just any attack either, they were looking for something!" Dalton voices, the four of them standing outside.

"I have no idea! There's nothing and I mean nothing!" Yara responds pacing.

"You know what, there's no use in us standing out here trying to figure it out. Let's go get some answers. No more going easy!" Dalton declares, Jensen and Clayton nodding in agreement.

"We have to move fast. Someone's bound to be looking for her," Yara adds with a nod.

"Definitely!" Clayton comments. "We also need to discuss what we're going to do with them once we have our answers."

"I'm sure Darla already has an answer to that," Jensen says in return.

"But is it our answer?" Clayton presses.

"Why not?" Dalton interjects with a shrug. "Ain't nothing worse than what they done. We aren't the ones who went looking for trouble unprovoked."

"It's tricky. Killing them will put a big ass target on all of us and probably everyone we know too," Jensen begins. "We can't set them free and call it a truce. We can't keep them forever..."

"We probably already have a target on our heads," Yara interjects. "Well, me and Clayton at least. They were in my restaurant so that means something. I say we get answers first and then we can strategize accordingly."

"Solid plan," Clayton says nodding.

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy," Dalton mumbles, running a hand along his face.

"It's our only option considering all we have to work with," Jensen replies to his friend's statement. "Let's get started."

"Wait," Jensen whispers, stopping them as they are walking toward the house - his eyes locked onto his phone screen.

"What is it?"

"Vanessa."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.4K 58
> > _________ //BOOK 1\\ Fun fact: Lycan is short for Lycanthropy, which means a human that can turn into a wolf purposely or being placed under a cu...
1.5K 28 11
Kyran of the Blue Ridge Pack has spent most of his life searching for an end to the Forever War. Finding a Hunter among their greatly diminished rank...
86 8 5
22-year-old Coryn Robins didn't know what was about to happen. A late-night pizza run turned into a devastating car accident and led to many unexpect...
370 34 33
When a lycanthrope hunter comes to Salem, all hell breaks lose in the supernatural community, and Jesse is smack in the middle of the chaos. On top...