Girl of Mine

By SiljeWrites

1956. A girl in the crowd is proposed to by her boyfriend in front of Elvis. It would be a lovely moment if i... More

Chapter 1 - Livid
Chapter 2 - A proposal to remember
Chapter 3 - Suspicious Minds
Chapter 4 - Cassette river
Chapter 5 - Girl Tactics
Chapter 6 - For the foreseeable future
Chapter 7 - Familiar pink shape
Chapter 8 - Just curious
Chapter 9 - 25 girlfriends
Chapter 10 - Indulged
Chapter 11 - Trustworthy
Chapter 12 - Daredevil
Chapter 13 - Wonder Woman
Chapter 14 - Girls and boys
Chapter 15 - Jailbird
Chapter 16 - Alarmed
Chapter 17 - Pink apron
Chapter 18 - Scared to death
Chapter 19 - Flash
Chapter 20 - Snow White
Chapter 21 - Wood vs. Wood
Chapter 22 - Certified Children's hospital Clown
Chapter 23 - New Year's Eve of 1956
Chapter 24 - Liars and deniers
Chapter 25 - Should I stay or should I go?
Chapter 26 - The real truth, Sal
Chapter 27 - LAS VEGAS Hound dog
Chapter 28 - Greater strength
Chapter 29 - Another day
Chapter 30 - Trouble
Chapter 31 - Pin drop
Chapter 32 - I hate Elvis
Chapter 33 - For what it is
Chapter 34 - June
Chapter 35 - Graceland
Chapter 36 - Now is she pretty?
Chapter 37 - Stephanie
Chapter 38 - Dirty
Chapter 39 - Cut the horseshit
Chapter 40 - Cotton Shirt
Chapter 41 - Oh, sweet girl
Chapter 42 - Make up session
Chapter 43 - Strikes again
Chapter 44 - Red
Chapter 45 - Wildlife
Chapter 46 - Then and now
Chapter 47 - The edge
Chapter 48 - Déjà vu
Chapter 49 - The blind eye
Chapter 50 - Judy
Chapter 51 - Cold
Chapter 52 - Caring spirit
Chapter 53 - Great
Chapter 54 - Sky high
Chapter 55 - Last words of love
Chapter 56 - Dear E.
Chapter 57 - Pink and white
Chapter 58 - I just got...
Chapter 59 - Hot stuff
Chapter 60 - It all needed to be red
Chapter 61 - But I did
Chapter 62 - Regardless of
Chapter 63 - Here with me
FINAL - Chapter 64 - Ricochet
The Sequel

Girl of Mine - The Last Author's Note

142 8 4
By SiljeWrites

Girl of Mine
* The last author's name *
_____________________________

The realization of seeing what lies behind the book's title is incredibly tragic but beautifully so. The only reason for its name is after Elvis' dying wish of being with Sal. And he didn't get her, which makes the title one-sided and false—a lie you'd want to believe—containing only the reminiscence of the truth, which is Elvis' heart.

This entire book tries to tell us that Sal will get hurt by Elvis. But really, it was all about a boy and his broken heart by the end of it. None of the things we were afraid Elvis would do to Sal happened. It was all about his heart's journey, how she broke it, and was left with none other than himself.

But did Sal have to go? Or could she find her trust in him after everything? People say not to judge a book by its cover, but somehow, Elvis' cover has changed throughout the past year. Is he still really the boy that broke June's heart anymore? Could he ever bring himself to take on and shatter Sal's as well?

Not everything or everyone makes you feel at ease, even if you want it/them to. I couldn't expect anything else from Sal than what she already has done. Her inner life is delicate, and much more so now than before Wendell. Elvis has been her rock, and she knows their friendship creates a supporting mountain for the both of them. Even so—all it would take is a gust of wind, and it all goes. But would the wind ever really pick up?

The book was named Girl Of Mine, I Beg Of You for the longest time. I think that the original title speaks for itself. It gives us the motive behind it all and widens its horizon. It tells the story we have seen between Elvis and Sal—him being the first to find solace in her while crossing over to wanting her to open up. To trust him and go to him. To be vulnerable. To fight off her demons and the dragons while he stands by her side. Yes, Elvis could beg Sal to be with him, but beyond that? He wants her to find her way to be okay with her own self.

As we've reached the end of their first book, we might find the ending tougher to face than the ending we hoped for. Countless of you, my readers and friends, have asked whether they ever get together. Asked for hope. I could never bluntly state their faith without walking the walk, but I want to remind you that this journey is one of growth. Girl of Mine is only their first chapter, and sometimes the miles before us can be harder to take on without knowing whether or not the end will turn out golden. And in the name of Elvis and Sal and their question of trust, I want you to know that you can trust me. Each chapter, we concur, will be worth it. I can promise you that.

And with that, for the last time, Girl of Mine's author's note has ended. Just like the book. But what comes after an ending? The beginning of a new path.

◌ ◌ ◌

See the next published part for book 2's teaser. We're about to embark on a new journey, and gosh, that one is an obsession of mine! You're in for an adventure ;)

◌ ◌ ◌
Psst: All five titles of the planned books (so far) are hidden in this author's note. I'll give you a lead—every title ends with 'of Mine.' And every secret word has four letters! They are random words throughout the note. They do not necessarily stand together.

_____________________________

◌ ◌ ◌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 5 14
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. .・。.・゜✭・.・ They were two completely different souls at the start of the school year, when one day Sheila sees this boy and falls in...
23.3K 993 17
⚠️♨️ GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT. Smut w/ a plot. PERUSE AT WILL . ♨️⚠️ For nearly 3 years, Samantha's been in denial that her best friend's in love with...
2.5K 358 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
27.7K 728 55
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...