Lemon Like Love

By Ipsitalali

Enter the captivating world of the fierce police officer Lenna Nightingale as she finds herself stuck in a w... More

Aesthetic
017
The Deal
Dodging bullets
Abandoned Hospital
Glowing Red Hearts
When your family wants 'The Tea'
Hidden Camera
Operation Mole
Soaring Metal Tube
Interruption
But I'm Innocent
Soulmate
Adrenaline-junkie partner in crime!
Mi Chiamo Jane!
Autumn
Ballet-Break
Something Like Lemons
Lopase
Wedding Dresses
Best Dressed
Bridezilla
Alive
Meh, I'll Figure It Out Someday
You Idiot
Mr. Tough Guy
Aurora Hart
Like Mother Like Daughter
I'm Not A Criminal.
Squirrel vs Cupboard
Head On A Silver Platter
Dead Survivors
Hot Coca
Traffic Lights
Only you
Perfect Target
Head Over Heels
Butterfly
The Blame
Better Not Betray Me
Cinnamon role
017 and 041
Haha, Me Too
I'm Alive
Always
Birthday
Spill The Beans
Surprise

Cafe Italiano

5 3 0
By Ipsitalali

~Lenna's pov~

As I neared the van, the feeling of being watched intensified, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

Just then, I heard the snapping of twigs behind me, causing my heart to race even faster. I spun around, clutching the metal pipe tightly. There were five men holding knives and standing in a semicircle, their eyes filled with malicious intent. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks: I had stumbled upon something far more dangerous than I could have ever imagined. Panic surged through my veins, but I knew I couldn't afford to let fear paralyze me. With every ounce of courage I could muster, I took a step back, preparing myself for the fight. The men exchanged a knowing glance, their expressions filled with sadistic amusement. It was clear they had underestimated me, and that was a mistake they would soon regret. The men lunged towards me, and I swung the metal pipe with all my might, connecting it with one of the men's ribs. A satisfying crack echoed through the alley as he doubled over in pain, gasping for air. The other man hesitated for a split second, his eyes widening with surprise, before he charged at me, his fists clenching tightly. Adrenaline surged through my body, sharpening my senses and heightening my reflexes. I sidestepped his attack, narrowly avoiding his punch, and swiftly delivered a powerful kick to his knee. He crumpled to the ground, howling in agony as his knee twisted unnaturally. The alley was filled with the sounds of his cries, echoing off the brick walls. I stood there for a moment, catching my breath, my heart pounding in my chest. The taste of victory lingered on my tongue, mixed with a hint of apprehension. This was not the first time I had found myself in a situation like this, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Before I realized someone had shattered a beer bottle on my head from behind, the sharp shards were cutting into my scalp. The pain was instantaneous, but I refused to let it consume me. Instinctively, I spun around to face my attacker, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Blood trickled down my forehead, blurring my vision, but I could still make out the silhouette of a tall, menacing figure standing before me. Actually, more than one...

They were all holding metal chains. My heart raced as I assessed the situation, realizing I was outnumbered. The glint of the metal chains in their hands sent a chill down my spine. I knew I had to act quickly, my survival instincts kicking into overdrive. With every ounce of strength I could muster, I prepared myself before I turned the other way and ran. My feet pounded against the pavement, and the sound of my own heartbeat echoed in my ears. Fear coursed through my veins, fueling my desperate sprint. The wind whipped against my face as I ran, my mind racing with thoughts of escape. I could hear their heavy footsteps behind me, growing louder and closer with each passing second. The adrenaline surged through my body, pushing me to run faster and push past the limits of exhaustion.

I quickly ran into a nearby cafe filled with people, hoping to lose myself in the crowd. The bell above the door jingled as I burst inside, drawing the attention of both customers and staff. Gasping for breath, I scanned the room, searching for a place to hide. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the murmurs of conversation and the clatter of dishes. Panic gnawed at my insides, urging me to find shelter before it was too late. I looked out the window to see those men still waiting for me outside with a grin. I knew I couldn't stay here for long. My heart pounded in my chest as I desperately tried to come up with a plan. I quickly spotted a small door at the back of the café, marked "Employees Only." Without a second thought, I darted towards it, hoping it would lead me to safety.

As I reached for the handle, a voice called out from behind me, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

"Excuse me, miss, but are you alright?" a concerned barista asked, eyeing me with a mixture of curiosity and worry. Drops of my blood dripped onto the floor, making the barista even more panicked.

"Phone, can I please have your phone?" I pleaded with a shaky voice, desperate to make a call for help. The barista hesitated for a moment, unsure of what was happening, but quickly reached into their apron pocket and handed me their phone. I dialed Cal's number, my fingers trembling as I struggled to input each digit correctly. As the phone rang, my heart pounded in my chest, a mix of fear and relief flooding through me. Cal picked up on the second ring.

"C-Cal h-help me I-" I got interrupted when I heard a gunshot echo through the cafe, followed by screams and chaos erupting all around me. My blood ran cold as I dropped the phone in shock, the realization hitting me like a freight train. I glanced around frantically, searching for the source of the gunshot, my mind racing with thoughts of survival. In the midst of the pandemonium, I caught a glimpse of a masked figure, their eyes filled with malice, and a gun still smoking in their hand.

"WHERE IS THAT GIRL?!?" They yelled. I picked up the phone.

"Lenna, what happened? Where are you?"

C-Cal, I need help I'm in this cafe called Cafe Italinano!"

"Lenna It's me, Matteo. Cal is not here right now, but I'm on my way. Stay on the line with me, okay? Just keep talking to me." He said he panicked. Tears ran down my eyes as I looked at the backdoor of the cafe. The barista who I was talking to had fainted at the sight of the masked figure and the gun. I could hear the rapid footsteps of the masked figure approaching, their heavy breaths echoing through the phone. Panic surged through my veins as I struggled to find a safe hiding spot.

"Matteo, I can't stay on the line much longer," I whispered, my voice trembling. "I need to go. Please hurry."

"Stay calm, Lenna. I'm almost there," Matteo reassured me, his voice filled with determination. "Just hold on a little longer."

I tried to drag the barista with me, but before I could drag her away, the men barged in. They were dressed in all black, their faces concealed behind ski masks. The barista let out a scream of terror as they grabbed her, their grip tight and unforgiving as they placed a gun on her head.

Fear consumed me as I watched helplessly, my heart pounding in my chest.

"If you run out that door, then we'll kill her." The leader of the group sneered, his eyes filled with a cold, calculating stare. I could feel the weight of his threat hanging in the air, paralyzing me with fear. Time seemed to stand still as I weighed my options, my mind racing to find a solution. The barista's eyes pleaded for help, her expression a mixture of terror and desperation. I knew I couldn't abandon her, but the thought of risking her life was unbearable. Every fiber of my being screamed at me to do something—to take action and save her. Matteo's voice crackled through the phone, filled with urgency. "Lenna, run! Get out of there now!"

No.. Not again...

"If you don't kill him, then I'll kill you."

The words echoed in my head, reminding me of my past, and before I could think it through, I knelt down on the ground as tears ran down my face.

"D-Don't kill her, please." I begged. The men as they yanked on the barista's hair even harder. I felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins and my heart pounding in my chest. I couldn't just stand there and watch another innocent life be taken away, like last time.

"Stop! Leave her alone!" I shouted, my voice trembling with fear and determination. The men turned to face me, their eyes filled with a sinister glint. I could see the twisted pleasure they derived from causing pain, and it only fueled my resolve to protect the barista at all costs. My mind raced, searching for a plan, as I stood there, my body trembling with a mix of fear and adrenaline. I knew that I couldn't back down now, even if it meant putting my own life on the line.

I grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and lunged at them with a newfound ferocity. The element of surprise worked in my favor, catching them off guard as I slashed at their limbs, aiming to incapacitate rather than kill. The metallic clang of the blade meeting flesh echoed through the air, each strike a testament to my determination to defend the innocent. Blood spattered across the room, mingling with the scent of coffee and fear.

I grabbed the barista and hid her behind me. The man pointed the gun at me.

"Drop the knife," he demanded, his voice laced with a mix of fear and desperation. I could see the uncertainty in his eyes—a flicker of doubt that momentarily overshadowed his initial aggression. With a quick calculation, I weighed my options, knowing that surrendering my only form of defense would leave us vulnerable. But in that split second, a thought crossed my mind—a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, there was another way out of this chaotic nightmare.

"Drop the gun first," I countered, my voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

"Oh, sure, like that's going to happen," he scoffed, sarcasm dripping from his words. "Because I totally trust you to not shoot me as soon as I drop it. Nice try though, real convincing."

I threw the knife at his arm with all the strength I could muster. It sailed through the air, slicing through the darkness, and landed with a sickening thud as it embedded itself in his flesh. A sharp cry of pain escaped his lips, and he dropped the gun to the ground, clutching his wounded arm.

I quickly ran, grabbed the gun, and pointed it at his head.

"You see, trust can be a fickle thing," I remarked, my voice dripping with satisfaction. The tables had turned, and now it was my turn to assert control. The taste of victory was intoxicating as I watched him wince in pain, his eyes widening with a mix of fear and disbelief.

His other men were about to attack me when I yelled.

"If you dare try to come near me, then I'll kill him," I threatened, my finger tightening on the trigger.

The air grew thick with tension as his men froze, unsure of how to proceed. Sweat and blood dripped down my forehead, my heart pounding in my chest, but I refused to show any signs of weakness.

"You see," I continued, my voice steady and unwavering, "I have no qualms about taking a life to protect my own. And trust me, I will not hesitate to pull this trigger." A chilling silence enveloped us as the gravity of my words sank in. They all backed away slowly, their eyes wide with fear. The once confident leader of the opposing faction now looked small and vulnerable, his bravado shattered by my unwavering determination. I held my ground, my grip on the gun unyielding, as I assessed the situation. Every muscle in my body screamed with adrenaline, but I remained focused, ready for any sudden movements or attempts to disarm me.

"Now you better tell me who you work for?" I asked as I yanked his hair back, forcing his head up to meet my gaze. His face contorted in pain, but he refused to give in. Sweat dripped down his forehead, mingling with the blood from the gash on his cheek. I tightened my grip on the gun, exerting just enough pressure to remind him of the power I held.

"D-Donovola.."

My eyes widened as I heard the name slip from his trembling lips.

No..Not here too!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 266 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
187K 4.4K 35
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
52.6K 1.9K 25
Reminder: Please read Book 1 first: https://my.w.tt/oHbyk6jxSS This is the book two for Mingkit Only You, please read first the book at this link: ht...
15.8K 868 39
*This is the second from the King series* As a racer and an artist, Venera does everything she can to spend her nights forgetting about the past even...