RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime

167 12 0
By Lerpa2k2

There is a saying that tells "modern problem requires modern solutions". Could you perhaps enlighten me in this situation, please?

*Sha! Sha!*

The drones circled around the drone and the crackling of plasma bolts ensued. Acidic smoke soon rose from the site, and the corrosive slimes were still unscathed. 

What the fuck is this?

Plasma bolts, as what it suggests, is what the plasma drones are shooting. These are bolts of energy in the form of plasma fired from the plasma gun attached at the bottom of the drone as its means of attacking.

I also did not let the slime have a breather, so I barraged it with bullets.

[*Pump Pump*!] (??)

There it goes!

Seeing that action, I immediately commanded plasma drones 1 and 2 to scramble, and that goes for me as well.

*Boooooooooom! Shaaaaaaaaaa!*

An arcane explosion occurred as a blue fiery flame ignited, leaving a crater around the slime (now merged with the other 4).

From 5, it reduced its number to 1 and that can only mean that I am now fighting it at its greatest potential.

I have to watch out for new moves too as this slime was learning our attack pattern as well, man, intelligent monsters are really hard to fight!

No matter what we do, there seems to be no damage shown. There is no monster HP bar and no monster name shown floating on top of the slime, rather, in the map it shows that the being i am facing is called "CORROSIVE SLIME (1)".

[Shit!] I dodged an incoming acidic bolt that shot to me. That was what I thought, but a splash managed to hit me in the thigh!!

Arggghhhh!!!!!!!! It hurts!

A searing pain occurred at my thigh, and there I saw my flesh melting.

[God!!!! Damn it!] I immediately took out a STIM and injected myself in the affected area.

Phew~ The pain is lessened to a bearable degree, but the damage is there. At least the STIM has managed to neutralize the corrosive agent that was sticking to my skin. Still.....

GOD IT FUCKING HURTS!!!! ABABABABABABB!!!!!

I could not concentrate as I had to make sure that I have properly treated the open wound.

Taking out a few clean rags, I then cut them and tied my wound, covering it from any outside elements that would potentially make it more painful in case I fucked up.

[Now you've done it you toxic gelato!!!!!] Was it due to anger or was just coincidence, I took out an arc star and an arc grenade in the lineup.

[Eat shit!] I tossed them like a maddened kid tossing snowballs, it does not matter whether the slime eats the explosives, it matters that it would explode around it.

[DIE!] This time was when I noticed it.

[KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!] (??) As the arc star and arc grenade exploded nearby, causing a wave of high voltage electricity to pop into the pool of acid it was making, the slime stiffened in pain.

...........
..........

[I see, I see ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ] As the side of my mouth arched into a grin, I also took out only the arc stars and arc grenades from my skill.

EAT SHIT ONCE AGAIN!

[KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] (??)

[What?! Can't get enough of it you piece of shit ass fucking ass hat!!!!!!!!] I am so angry, that perhaps I threw out curses like a child.

Arc stars here and there, arc grenades here and there, they flew out from my hands as I threw them in a curve ball manner. I am once again impressed that I managed to bring up my muscle memory of throwing a curve ball that I was very good of during high school.

[KIKIKIKIKIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!] (??) The slime somehow melted momentarily before bringing back itself to its original shape. There I saw it, the core it had which is shaped like a 3d hexagon.

Am I getting it right?

I need to throw an ample amount of arc ordnance towards it until it melts a bit, and then shooting the core by myself.

Got it.

[Move out!] The drones floating beside me scrambled, distracting the slime as they flew in a manner of annoying it.

Since the drones were buying me time, I also did my preparations albeit the short time.

{PLASMA DRONE 1 HAS BEEN DESTROYED}

Guh!

I saw a fireball dropped down to the ground.......tsk, I only have one drone left in the air. I can't take out more since losing more would be at my disadvantage.

Taking out 10 arc grenades, I then tied them in a stick using a rage, and then I faced the abomination that was now at enraged by my relentless attacks.

I pulled the pin of one of the grenades, and faced the slime.

[Sayonara mother fucker!] I threw it as hard as I can, and the slime ate it.

Before it could dissolve it with its super acidic body, the explosion I was waiting for happened.

*BOOOM!*

[KIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIGIGIGIGIGI!!!!!!!] (??) The electricity the explosion generated caused my HUD to blur momentarily, and what I was waiting for happened.

The slime after stiffing out of pain melted its body, and thus the core was exposed once again.

I had already processed the course of action to be taken, and earlier I took that out.

Lying on the ground belly down, the KRABER I had in hand was now focused at the exposed core.

Breathe in...........breathe out. In this moment, when i opened my closed right eye, the sight has now stabilized and is now zeroing itself at the core.

*BANG!*

The AP shot of the KRABER packs quite the recoil as I felt my shoulder ache.

*PACHIN!*

The sound of glass breaking deafened my ears.

[GIGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!............] (??)

{YOU HAVE SLAIN A PART OF THE CORROSIVE SLIME! YOU HAVE EARNED 500 EXP!}

[Huh? A part?!]

{WARNING! CORROSIVE SLIME WILL UNDERGO MITOSIS!}

[Wha?!] The slime suddenly burst into 2 individuals then the 2 individuals multiplied themselves into 2 via cell division thus resulting from 1 slime to 4 in an instant.

No fucking way, no fucking way in hell! That's one too many! The core was shattered you know! How come it has the power to be still alive despite the loss of that?!

[Oh shit!] I immediately activated the jump kit, letting me jump 5 meters up in the air before escaping the site via the grappling hook. 

The slimes are now aggressively attacking me, and I could not move that well due to the injury I have taken earlier. This is bad!

{YOU HAVE GAINED A NEW SKILL: WEAKNESS FINDER LV 1}

[That's not what I need! Oh wait! I needed that right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

{CANNOT FIND THE WEAKNESS SINCE THE MONSTER IS OF HIGHER LEVEL [CORROSIVE SLIME LV 5]}

[Then what's the purpose?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh shit! Oh shit!] I dodged them nimbly with my remaining strength, however my movements are a bit sluggish since the pain from the recent injury has risen again.

Crap, I might really be finished for.....................

{STANDBY FOR WARPFALL}

If I have only used one option, and no backup........which for my case is the opposite. I always have a backup, and that backup is one angry giant.

Arcs of electricity surged forth from its main frame down to its sword, the tempest arc that surrounds the sword cackled with electricity, and Ronin's hydraulic noise brought salvation to me.

[Pilot, it seems that you have been gravely injured in the leg] (Ronin)

[Gee, thanks for reminding me. I could see my situation, nevertheless can you assist me in this one?]

It's now or never again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618 8 5
The Prequal to My Previous Story (WIP/On Hold) Welcome to the Big Apple. Welcome to the city that never sleeps: invaded by towering man-eating monste...
1.4K 50 3
In the year 2081, every studio and industry came together to create a game of every franchise to appease the most people imaginable. They called it W...
1.2K 33 128
I started off as nothing, just a mass of consciousness that slowly evolved. Just your average overpowered existence hungry for a multiverse adventure...
2.2K 102 43
Ok... this is entry log numbraro-or however you say "number" in Spanish-1... Do I really have to do this? Distant female voice: yes, just keep going...