Building it up (nickloon EHEH...

By numspac3d

I WROTE SM?!?! 🀩🀩🀯 This is my first book, so it might have some grammar mistakes and misspellings ykyk BUT... More

Attempt at friendship
Unwanted spark
Outdoor conversation
Late breakfast
Starry night
*Fan*tastic new couple
Drawings! (Not a chapter)
Forest fears
Dropped coin
Not a chapter
Neat advice
Texts
Ice-cream in the heat
New cover!
Dawnberry Orchard
Amends
Sunrise
Suspicion
Cupcakes
LMAO
Bubbles
Pillow fight
Video call
Party (part 1)
Party (part 2)
Injured
🎡Jealousy jealousy~ ohh~🎡
Planning
Night in
Origami
'Natural speech'
Confession
Smiles
Epilogue
THANKS YOU GUYSS
Writing tips by yours truly~
Scrapped bits part 1
Building it up art announcement
✨😱✨
The THIRD NICKLOON MARRIAGE IN II.
Silly scrapped part πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
HAPPY NEW YEAR + A few other things
THE ART GALLERY 1
THE ART GALLERY 2

Meetup

1.4K 20 113
By numspac3d

Balloons pov

I watch nickel as he stares at the ceiling. He's been doing that for an hour now, tossing and turning. I wasn't watching him the whole time but every time I looked up at his bed I saw him awake and thinking. I wonder how he hasn't noticed me yet.

"Nickel?"

He jumps slightly before quickly sitting up in his bed.

"Wha- yeah?"

"Are you ok? You've been awake for an hour now"

He looks kinda nervous.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ok. Just thinking"

I look at the time on my phone, and it's almost time for breakfast.

"It's almost time for breakfast, we should go down now"

He gets up and we exit the room. We talk a bit as we go down the stairs.

"Hey uhh, balloon?" He suddenly asks

"Right here" 

"Sorry for a-asking you to carry me last night. I- j-"

I giggle at how flustered he becomes while saying that. He looks at me, slightly confused, but blushing crazy.

"Why are you so nervous? You don't have to apologise, it's fine" I say laughing. He sighs in relief.

"But nickel, I didn't know you could be so * heh * soft". I elbow him playfully.

"Shut up..." he says, sounding annoyed, but I could hear his smile.

"You gotta use your 'other half' some more hehe. It's better than the sarcasm"

"You're never gonna see that 'other half'' again." 

"Gee, I only hope THAT was sarcasm." I reply to his statement, smirking.

We both laugh as we reach the lobby.

-Timeskip to after breakfast-

Nickel and I both head back to our room and he goes on his phone. Suddenly I get a call. When I see it's from suitcase I pick it up quicker than fan runs when he sees drama. Nickel notices I'm on call and puts his earphones in to signal that he's not listening. 

"Hey suits"

"Balloon, hi, could we meet up in half an hour?"

My body fills with excitement. I haven't seen her for so long!

"Sure, where?" I say.

"At the entrance of the orchard"

I nod, but then realise she can't see me, so I say "sure". Nickel sees me and raises an eyebrow. 

"Oh shut up" I say jokingly, but then I realise HE CAN'T HEAR ME cuz his earphones are still in. So I roll my eyes, smiling uncontrollably.

"Are you talking to me?" Suitcase's voice says from the phone. I realise she's still on call.

"Nononono sorry, I was talking to nickel"

"Oh, alright then. See ya!" After her voice, a beep follows, signalling that the call was over. Nickel takes his earphones out and looks at me smirking.

"Whoever you were talking to must really appreciate that nod, Balloon." He says still smirking.

"You better wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you" I say annoyed but smiling.

"Oh, and how are you gonna do that?" He replies.

I know a way but uh..

"Just... be quiet"

"Aww, sick of me already?" He says. I give him a "stfu" look and start finding my poems notebook and garden house key. 

"Whatcha looking for?" He asks.

"My poems and the GH key" I reply.

"Oh, are you going out?" He says.

"Yeah, suitcase and I are meeting up"

"Oh alright, have fun" he says, going back to his phone.

I smile at him and say goodbye. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I arrive at the two young trees that symbolise the entrance of the orchard, I spot suitcase. She sees me and runs to hug me. I hug her back while we both laugh lightly. 

"I'm so happy I get to see you again!" I exclaim. She replies with "same" and we both go to the garden house. 

"How's the competition going?" I ask. She starts telling me about how Cobs apparently came and took fan, and how test tube got so mad and built a spaceship out of trash, how her and baseball are kind of good now, that microphone and test tube got eliminated, and the crazy amount of drama that has recently been going on. I listen and nod. I didn't know it became this bizzare after I got eliminated. 

"Did mic and test tube have a double elimination?" I ask

"No, mic basically quit" she says.

"It wasn't a double elimination like you and... nickel". She looks at me with an expression I can't tell, a mix of worry and guilt. But it changes quickly and she smiles at me. 

"I heard you guys are... good now" she says. She notices my confusion with her hesitance. "S-sorry, it's just, it feels different talking about this to you". I smile back in a comforting way. 

"Yeah, we get along," I reply to her previous statement. I suddenly feel slight guilt as I realise all that she did for me because of him. She stood up to him when he was at his worst.

"I'm.. sorry suitcase" 

My thoughts well up in my head like the tears well up in my eyes.

"What? Why?"

"It must feel horrible. You stood up for me against him and suddenly we get along well like best friends? It feels like I betrayed you I'm sorry I-"

"Hey, balloon it's fine, really"

"Huh?" 

"I... talked to nickel actually. I mean, of course I did, he gave me your number. He seems like he really changed. Not only changed, but changed because of you. I know it. I can tell. When I heard you say 'oh shut up' to him playfully on the phone, I felt a lot better knowing that you two really get along and he wasn't lying. Trust me, even baseball is more at ease knowing that you two made up. And I don't care if you're friends. I was standing up to someone who was hurting you. If he isn't hurting you anymore, why should I be mad? I'm not, trust me. I'm just glad you guys are friends. Forget the past, we'll start a new beginning."

I smile and wipe away the tears. She puts her foot on mine and smiles warmly back. We sit in comfortable silence, watching the birds outside. 

My phone buzzes suddenly. I take it out to check and suitcase watches me. It was just a post on fans story, but it had me and nickel in the front. Suitcase raises her eyebrow confused and I click on the video, hoping it's not something fan accidentally uploaded again. But I sigh of relief when I realise it was a video of this morning's breakfast. Oh, that was worth posting.

Video:

The camera was focused on test tube eating the eggs on her plate. In the background, yinyang were fighting over what drink they wanted. Test tube picks up a sausage and was about to bite it when a can of Dr. Fizz hit her in the back of the head. Her head was forced forward and she choked on the sausage for two seconds before ripping it away from her mouth and coughing. When she was choking, yin loudly shouted "SORRY". OJ went to yinyang while fans hand passed test tube his glass of water. After test tube stopped coughing, someone started laughing really loud. The camera turned to face none other than nickel, who was dying laughing at the end of the table. I was sitting next to him looking shocked. "Nickel!" I said, giving him a disapproving look while giggling. Most of the people at the table were staring at him while saying "nahh" and stuff like that. Everyone knew what he was thinking. 

"AHAHAH- I'M SORRY BUT- SHE SOUNDED LIKE UR MOM" He managed to blurt out, before continuing to laugh. Cheesy and yinyang erupted into hysterical laughter while the table was split into people giggling and people disapproving of the joke. I started laughing along with nickel. Test tube looked confused and fan hinted to her about what the joke meant. When she realised, she gasped and shouted "nickel!" But you could only here "nick-" because the video ended, resulting in a perfectly cut scream.

-video end-

When suitcase and I finished laughing, she sighs.

"So this is what you guys are up to at the hotel?" She says.

"I guess hehe" I say, giggling.

"Say... why were you blushing?"

"Huh?"

She takes my phone and brings the video back to the moment where the camera turned to nickel and when I gave him the disapproving look. She zoomed in and pointed at my face, which unfortunately, had to be visibly red.

"Wha-what are you trying to say?" I say nervously, pretending not to know. Didn't work.

"You know what I mean~" she teases. I feel myself blush.

"What? Nonono you have the wrong idea. I was blushing cuz of how much I was laughing!" I quickly lie.

"But... you weren't laughing" she says, raising an eyebrow.

"I MEAN UHH- the joke! I understood the joke. N-nothing else" I say nervously. 

"I know when you lie balloon" she smirks.

"REALLY YOU'RE THINKING WRONG" I say quickly. 

"Mhmm, sure sure." She says.

"So what if I like him" I say. Except I wasn't meant to say that out loud.

"WAIT SO YOU DO?" Suitcase shouts.

"N-NO I MEAN-" I sigh. I can't hide it now.

"You don't mind right?" I ask. Even though she said she doesn't care about the past, I still cant help but feel a little guilty.

"Hey, balloon, new beginnings, remember" she says

"Yeah, ok" I say.

"OK SO ANSWER MY QUESTION. YOU LIKE HIM RIGHT?" She immediately shouts again.

We spend the rest of the chatting and laughing, and she keeps teasing me about nickel. It does feel better to talk about my crush than to hide it though. Eventually we both say goodbye and arrange another time to meet up. I walk back to the hotel feeling lighter, the weight of the whole nickel-suitcase problem off my shoulders.

___________

HEY GUYSS

MY INSPIRATION IS BACK AND SO AM I

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER

1601 WORDS YEAHHHHHS

Oh and don't mind mistakes I didn't have time to proofread lol

SEE YA NEXT CHAPTERRR

___________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 169 25
Baseball, Lightbulb, and eventually Balloon are captured by Test Tube and forced to partake in experiments that slowly get more and more dangerous. M...
51.3K 1K 78
Ever feel like you don't belong in a place? How about feeling like an outcast in a familiar place? Well, ever feel like you are hated by just about e...
16.7K 197 21
【 π™Ώπš•πšŠπšπš˜πš—πš’πšŒ! π™Έπš—πšŠπš—πš’πš–πšŠπšπšŽ π™Έπš—πšœπšŠπš—πš’πšπš’ 𝚑 π™²πš‘πš’πš•πš! πšπšŽπšŠπšπšŽπš› 】 started: Unsure [Probably around the start of 2023] last update...
259K 2.5K 80
Paintbrush is eliminated off Inanimate Insanity... But will that stop Lightbulb from being with Painty? Probably not.. read to find out what happens...