The Wolf Queen - Part 2 - (Ae...

Par MillaCoetz

Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath o... Plus

Introduction
List Of Notable Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Helaena's Prophecy Part 1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Helaena's Prophecy Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Helaena's Prophecy Part 3
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Helaena's Prophecy Part 4
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Helaena's Prophecy Part 5
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Helaena's Prophecy Part 6
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Helaena's Prophecy Part 7
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 38

218 11 1
Par MillaCoetz

The Lords of the North are all gathered within the crumpled walls of Moat Cailin. Everyone found a place to sit, either on a rock or a piece of the crumbled wall.

Lyanna, Aemond, Jace, Rhynaera and Lord Tully enter the dilapidated castle and all eyes turn to them, especially to the figure of the one being pulled along with chains.

Lyanna escorted Rhynaera to the centre of the Lords around them, seeing how the three they entered with found a place to sit. She loosens the chains around Rhynaera's wrists, giving her the dignity to face the lords as a Queen.

Not one face looks at her kindly. All are plastered with disdain and hatred. They lost many men thanks to her orders and decision. Good men. Men who have families waiting for them to return home. Some are now widowed, some will grow up without a father.

"My Lords," Lyanna start as she folds her hands together and paces before them. She watches how they slowly take their gazes from Rhynaera to look at their Queen.

"I wanted all of you to gather here today so we can decide on the fate of the previous Queen of Westeros. Together." she continues and glances over her shoulder at Rhynaera who is still standing proudly with her shoulders pulled back. What a shame that she turned out to be like this. The Rhynaera she knew was just and reasonable. Not like the one who became as power-hungry and ruthless as her husband.

"I will give all of you a chance to give your opinion on Rhynaera and when we are done we will decide what should be done with her."

Lyanna turns to face them all, watching as Lord Tully stands up first.

"My Queen," he bows his head at Lyanna, "Allow me to speak first. Everyone here is aware of the happenings at Riverrun, how I was held hostage in my own home so my men will fight for her."

The Lord nodded in unison as he continues, "Although I am not a fan or supporter of the late queen, I have to speak up in her defence. Prince Daemon was not shy to speak of his plans and victories, one of them being that he was able to persuade his wife to think she is in control when she is not. I do believe many things were done without her knowledge and therefore I ask for a light punishment."

Lyanna nods, but the other Lords don't look happy with his support of her.

Next up is Lord Mormont, who tells of how little he respects Rhynaera, especially since he lost many of his soldiers.

Lord Glover stands next, giving Lyanna a slight nod.

"It is all good to hear these words of support or opposition, but we need to keep in mind that she will no longer warm the Iron Throne, therefor she will be a threat to whoever will sit on it after her. Letting her go will only give her more time to rally support and find enough men and women who believe in her cause and are willing to lay down their lives for her. I am not in support of letting her live."

Lyanna keeps her face as neutral as possible, not showing how she truly feels. She doesn't want Rhynaera to be killed. She might be the enemy, but she is also a mother who has young children who will be orphaned and targeted for who they are. As long as Rhynaera is alive she can at least protect her children.

Lyanna looks at Rhynaera, her shoulders are more slumped than earlier. The glint in her eyes is gone and instead, her eyes are cast in shadow. Then she sees Jace looking at her. She knows what he wants her to do, to spare her life. If only he knows how difficult it is to keep the Northern Lords happy. Most of them want her dead and if Lyanna does not do that they will doubt her abilities to rule.

The lords talk amongst each other, some yelling insults at others across the open area. If she doesn't stop this she will watch how a fight ensures amongst her bannermen.

"Silence!" she yells as loud as she can, closing her eyes to control her emotions. The commotion quieted down and she slowly opens her eyes.

"I understand how you feel, I do. Rhynaera can not go unpunished and I promise everyone here that she won't. Yes, Daemon did despicable things, things that we all know Rhynaera was not aware of. I think the main question is: what is she guilty of? Wanting to have the North as part of her kingdom? Starting and fighting a war? Does that give enough reason to want her dead?"

Lyanna sighs and starts pacing again, "The things that were done to me and my family were done by the commands of Daemon Targaryen. He is dead now, he paid for what he has done. My plea for all of you is to think carefully about your decision, don't make it in haste or anger. This is someone's life. A decision that will affect those of her children as well."

Some lords look away, others only look more angry than they were.

She stops pacing, "Those in favour of Rhynaera to be killed, please stand."

Her heart beats in her chest as she watches how the lords stand. To her surprise it is not only Lord Tully and Jace that are sitting down, but also Aemond and a few other lords.

Lyanna starts counting those who are sitting and those who are standing, coming to the conclusion that it is a tie. The final vote lies with her.

"It is decided," she says and turns to Rhynaera, "The Princess will henceforth be exiled to live out her life in Essos under the protection of my house. Her children will be allowed to go with her. A group of men that I trust with my life will go with her to ensure she never decides to rally against the new ruler of Westeros. Her dragon will stay here and be kept in the dragon pit until the day Rhynaera dies, then a new rider can claim her."

There are many murmurs about the decision, but Lyanna does not care about what they think. The decision is made and it is final. Rhynaera looks at her gratefully as she is escorted away.

"There is another matter we need to discuss," she says and waits until the lords are all quiet, "From this moment I will no longer be your Queen or the Warden of the North. The title of Warden will go to my brother Cregan, who will protect the North better than I could ever hope for."

"What?" someone shouts.

"He is a child!"

Lyanna put her hands up, "I will be there to help and guide him until I am certain he can do it better than me."

Cregan smiles at her where he is seated next to their uncle. The Lords turn to him.

"To our new Warden of the North!" Lord Glover shouts and pulls Cregan to his feet.

"Lord Cregan!" some yells.

"The King in the North!"

Cregan shakes his head, "No!" he says loudly, "I am no king."

Lyanna watches proudly how Cregan holds his own with the bannermen.

"I can only rule the North as the Warden. My dream is for us to vote on a new ruler of Westeros, one the North is willing to follow and bow to."

"Who should we vote for then?" Lord Mormont asks and all eyes turn to Lyanna. She frowns. She didn't step down from her role as Queen of the North to become Queen of Westeros. She looks at Cregan and shakes her head. He smiles at her knowingly and nods.

"I nominate Prince Aemond." not one person dares to speak and Lyanna quickly looks towards where her husband "He not only fought for the North but he killed one of the most dangerous men known to all. He risked his life for us all and went up against his own family. If that is not the qualities of a King then I don't know what is."

Aemond only stares at Cregan at a loss for words. This is the last thing he expected to happen.

"I appreciate the kind words, My Lord Stark," Aemond says and walks towards Lyanna, "But I am not a King."

"I disagree with you," Lyanna says with a smile, "I second Lord Starks nomination."

She looks at her husband with pride, knowing he would make such a good King. Maybe sometimes a cruel one, but she will be at his side to ensure he doesn't make decisions that will harm the people.

"Thos in favour of Prince Aemond as our King, say aye," says Cregan.

"Aye," Lord Tully is the first to vote.

"Aye, House Mormont will follow you,"

Slowly the votes ring out into the air.

Jace walks towards where Lyanna and Aemond are standing, "All hail King Aemond. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, protector of the Realm. Long may he reign." Jace says and bends the knee in front of Aemond.

"Long may he reign," the other lords say in unison as they all bow before their new king.

Lyanna takes Aemond's hand, "Long may he reign," she says as she too bends the knee to him.

And so a new ruler has been chosen. One who will not make the same mistakes as his predecessor.

While Lyanna stands up she can't help thinking that there is still one more thing to do before she can step back fully. One loose end that needs to be cut.

Dalton Greyjoy.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

313K 10.5K 27
❝ I WOULDN'T PLAY WITH FIRE ,IF I WERE YOU. ICE MELTS FAST THESE DAYS. ❞ [ GAME OF THRONES AU ] [ AEGON'S CONQUEST ] [ AEGON TARGARYEN X OC ] [ Ⓒ win...
34.4K 942 18
In the ancient realm of Westeros, where the shadows of dragons stretched across the pages of history, House Targaryen stood as both a beacon of power...
134K 4.6K 48
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
37.3K 1.3K 11
Rhaegar Targaryen is the eldest surviving son of Viserys Targaryen and Aemma Arryn. Born in 94 AC with memories of a future yet to come Rhegar must g...