Chapter 31

Sunfyre land close to the gates of Winterfell, pushing his wing down low for Lyanna to get off. The guards at the gate rush to her aid immediately and help her to get to Maester Arwen's solar. Everyone already knew that she will either return injured or dead. They are all grateful that it is not the latter. 

Maester Arwen help the guards to lay her down slowly, waiting until they are gone before removing her cloak. He is shocked to see the amount of damage that has been done to her body. Her face is covered in purple bruises, her lip is broken with some dried blood still on it, red lashes cover her legs and some cuts are noticeable on her arms and upper body. 

"I am sorry that you had to go through all of this, My Lady. Where do you have the most pain?" he asks as he starts to mend her wounds, but only time will heal most of it. 

She shakes her head and begins to cry, "You can't heal the wounds on my heart, Maester. I will forever be broken and scared after the death of..."

A sob breaks her voice before she could finish. 

A knock at the door stops Maester Arwen who goes to the door to see who it is. Aegon is standing with his hands behind his back, scowling at the floor.

"Yes, Lord Aegon?" Maester Arwen asks and only opens the door big enough so he can look at Aegon. Lyanna is still lying exposed in the solar, no need for everyone to see her in her fragile state.

"Please inform Lyanna that we have placed Dalton in one of the cells. He will be there until she is ready to face him,"

Maester Arwen nods, "I will tell-"

"You put him in the darkest and coldest cell we have. He must not be able to see the sunlight or breath fresh air," Lyanna calls from inside, making Aegon smile.

"Anything else?" he asks.

There is a moment of silence, "Remove his clothes and throw him with water every thirty minutes. We need to keep the Red Kraken hydrated."

"I will do that," he says before leaving. 

Maester Arwen return to what he was busy doing. He rubs an ointment all over Lyanna's wounds to help with the pain and gives her one of his own concoctions to drink to help restore her strength.

"This stuff is horrible," Lyanna complain as she drinks the mixture, "What is in here?"

He chuckles, "Some herbs that I have gathered over the years with my studies about plants. This should make you feel better in a few hours."

"Will it make me strong enough to go and help with the war?"

"It might," he turns around and takes the kettle he was boiling from the fireplace, making Lyanna another cup filled with herbs.

"What is this?" she asks as he hands her the boiling cup.

He smiles, "You might not have said anything, but your whole body tells of the things Dalton Greyjoy has done to you. This will ensure that nothing comes of the things that have happened."

Lyanna looks away, feeling ashamed that he knows, but takes the cup and starts drinking the warm liquid. 

"You know that I am not able to have more children, Maester," she mumbles softly, "Thank you for this."

"You are more than able to have as many children as you want to, Lyanna. You have never once failed to become pregnant, but it is all the worries about the North that prevents you to carry full term."

She takes a few more sips, worrying about if what Dalton did to her actually made her...

She forces herself to not think about it. It will only make her feel worse. Lyanna finishes the herbal tea and gives the cup back to Maester Arwen.