Our Obsession

By lemonlimonnade

Aria Valentino the lost mafia princess. Kidnapped at 4 years old by her fathers best friend. A beautiful, yo... More

Introduction
ONE | Self Defense
TWO | Freedom?
THREE | Brothers
FOUR | Secrets
FIVE | Concern
SIX | Scars
SEVEN | Scars Pt.2
EIGHT | Trust
NINE | Laughter
TEN | Funeral
ELEVEN | Bruises
TWELVE | Truth
THIRTEEN | Aftermath
AN
AN
FOURTEEN | Freedom
FIFTEEN | Pancakes
SIXTEEN | Luca
SEVENTEEN | one more time
NINETEEN | Dead Man Screaming
TWENTY | Anger
TWENTY ONE | in love?
A.N
TWENTY TWO | Torture
TWENTY THREE | Revenge
TWENTY FOUR | Monopoly
AN Please Read
TWENTY FIVE | Paralysis
TWENTY-SIX | happy tears
TWENTY-SEVEN | The Mall
TWENTY-EIGHT | remembering
TWENTY-NINE | Ride
AN
THIRTY | Bugs
THIRTY ONE | Ride Pt. 2
THIRTY TWO | i love you
THIRTY THREE | Drugs
THIRTY FOUR | The Zoo
THIRTY FIVE | drinking
THIRTY SIX | drunk
THIRTY SEVEN | Hangover
THIRTY EIGHT | Monday
THIRTY NINE| Xander and Cameron
A.N
AN
FORTY | Tuesday
FORTY ONE | Haunted
FORTY TWO | Escaping Death
FORTY THREE | Nothing like Family
Characters
Characters pt. 2
FORTY FOUR | Day By Day
FORTY FIVE | Hospital
FORTY SIX | What the hell happened?!
FORTY SEVEN | Coming home
FORTY EIGHT | Here Goes Nothing
FORTY NINE | Truth Comes Out
FIFTY | Boss
AN
FIFTY ONE | I love you
FIFTY TWO | Healing
an

EIGHTEEN | family bonding

4K 72 9
By lemonlimonnade

LUCAS POV

God I can't believe the shit she's gone through. How could I have not noticed how much pain she was in.

"Ri are you awake?" I asked softly.

No answer.

After I had gotten her into bed she asked me to stay with her and she ended up falling asleep in my arms.

I carefully grabbed my phone out of my pocket. Careful not to move or wake her.

Shitheads

Me: don't wait up for us. She fell asleep on me.

Enz: is she okay?

Me: sort of. She asked me to let her tell you so I'll let her talk to you guys when she's awake.

El: what happened?!

Mar: if you fucking hurt her Luca I will kill you!

Me: hey chill I didn't do anything. She just going through her own things and it's not my place to tell you it's hers.

Sandro: can we come up stairs at least?

Me: dude it's your house you can go where ever you want 😂

Sandro: right.

Leo: we are coming up.

And with that the door was softly swung open.

"Marcello careful!" Enz whisper yelled to Mar.

Mar rolled is his and came over to the bed. Followed by the rest of the Valentino brothers.

"She's been crying" mar pointed out.

"She's had a rough morning" I said quietly.

"What happened when you came up here to check on her, did you guys talk?" Leo asked.

"Well sort of" I said softly, watching Ari to make sure we don't wake her.

"What the hell do you mean sort of?!" Enz asked angrily.

"I told you she wants to tell you. I promised her." I said a little louder. Ari started to move a little. She turned to face me and was now laying facing me. Her head buried into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her protectively.

"Guys just let her get some sleep. We know she didn't sleep good because of her nightmare. We can talk to her when she gets up and maybe do something fun with her to get her mind off of some things" Sandro said

We all agreed and Enz, Sandro, El, and Leo all left. Mar stayed on the bed sitting next to us.

"I'm staying with her" mar said quietly. The brothers nodded and shut the door.

Mar and I sat watching tv while Ri slept in my arms. 2 hours later and Ri started to squirm and move around.

"H-how long have I been asleep?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes. Her tired eyes looking up at me.

"About 2 hours amore" I replied moving a piece of hair out of her face.

"Y-you didn't tell them right?" She asked with a shaky voice.

I guess she didn't realize Mar was in the room with us. "No amore I didn't but you need too." I said as I pointed behind her, letting her know Mar was there.

"What do you need to tell me sorellina?" Mar asked with a soft but worried tone.

Ri turned around to look Mar in his face. Ri's ears turned red. I could tell she was about to cry.

"I-I'm sorry Mar" she cried out

"Hey hey it's okay what happened Ari?" He said softly.

"I-I did it again.." she looked down.

Mars facial expression saddened. "Hey it's okay Ari I'm right here. We are all right here. I know it's hard but you have all of us okay?" He said softly as he whipped her tears.

"C-can you tell the others?" She asked still looking down.

"Are you sure you want me to tell them and not you?" He asked lifting her face up.

She looked back at me then looked at Mar again. "I know I need to be the one to tell them I just don't want them to be upset at me" she admitted quietly.

"Honey we would never be upset with you" Enz said as he walked through the cracked door.

As he walked in so did the rest of her brothers. They all gathered around her and hugged her tightly.

"We love you so much Aria" Leo said softly.

The robot finally has a soft spot.

They all sat hugging for a moment. Before Ari spoke up.

"I-um can you guys move now you're squishing me" she said laughing. They all moved away from her laughing at her. Enz grabbed out a notebook and wrote something down.

"Enzo what the hell do you keep writing in that notebook?" Ari asked.

"Language Aria Valentino" Sandro said sternly. She rolled her eyes and looked back at Enzo.

"Okay so remember when I said you should laugh more and you told me we should be funnier. Well I've been keeping track of when you laugh to prove you wrong" Enz said laughing.

"You seriously have been keeping track of how often I laugh?!" She questioned as she began laughing more.

"Say desperate without saying desperate" she said again laughing even harder.

We all bust out laughing.

"I love you guys" Ri said as she smiled.

"We love you too" they all said together.

I felt like I was intruding on this moment. Like I shouldn't be here. I mean I know they're like my own brothers but in the end I'm not their real family.

"Hey why don't we all go to the pool today?" Mar suggested.

"Yes please!!!" El whined.

"Ari?" Enz asked

"Yessss!!!" She smiled brightly.

They all got up to go get into their swim suits. I just grabbed my stuff and got ready to leave.

"Hey where are you going?" Enz asked me.

"Oh I was just going to head home. I figured you would want to just spend time with your family." I explained with a sad expression.

"That's crazy Luca. Just because I'm here now doesn't mean your not family. I remember spending everyday with you and Elio. To me when I was little you were my family and you still are" Ri smiled happily.

I stood silently. Shocked and happy that she wanted me to stay.

"Soooo you gonna stay?" El asked

"Yes I'll stay" I said laughing.

"Great cmon I'll get you one of my extra swim suits!!" He said as he pulled me out of the room.

ARIAS POV

I'm excited to go swimming with my brothers and Luca. I know the bruises aren't fully healed and the scars are everywhere. The fresh cuts are red. But I don't care about any of that. I just care about having fun with my brothers and Luca.

I just hope they don't stare at me or make it a big deal.

I quickly went into my closet and changed into my black crisscross bikini.

I let my hair down and took one last look in the mirror. First the first time I was looking in the mirror and didn't hate who was looking back at me.

I began walking down the stairs to see Luca, Elio, and Mar all waiting for me. While Enzo, Sandro and Leo were getting the pool cleaned out.

"Wow" Luca said quietly.

Elio and Mar both punched each side of Lucas arm.

"OW!" Luca yelled

"Don't hit on my little sister!" Mar warned.

"Yeah don't hit on my twin sister. That's weird!" Elio said as he scolded Luca

I just laughed at them. "Cmon I wanna go swimming!" I yelled as I passed the three boys. I ran out to the pool and jumped in.

Truth is I've only ever been swimming once when I first learned to swim. I've missed it. I've missed this feeling of feeling free.

"Hey Bella how are your ribs feeling?" Leo asked as I settled comfortably in the water.

"They're okay. In pain but manageable" I said smiling.

"Just be careful okay?" He said smiling softly.

He's in a good mood...weird.

"I will" I said as I spread a huge smile on my face. Just as I was about to start swimming around I feel my head being pushed under water.

"AHH—"

I came back up to see Mar laughing his ass off.

"Oh you're gonna get it now!!" I yelled as I began swimming after him.

"You'll never catch meeeee" he said as he began swimming even faster to get away

I finally caught up to him and plunged him under water.

"Payback Bitch" I said as I pushed him under water and began to laugh.

"Oh my god that was hilarious" Sandro said laughing.

"Wait so I'm not gonna get scolded for calling him a bitch?" I said laughing more.

"Nope he deserved it" Sandro said as he put me on his shoulders. We all just laughed as Mae came up from the water coughing.

I could feel someone's eyes on me as was sitting on Sandros shoulders.

Luca

I looked over to Luca to see him scanning my body. Looking at ever scar, bruise and cut. I splashed him with water to get his eyes off of me.

"HEY" he yelled as he bagan chasing after me and Sandro.

LUCAS POV

I studied her body as she sat on Sandros shoulders. I watched as her curves moved against the water.

God she's gorgeous.

I think she realized I was staring because she started to splash me with water. I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable.

"HEY" I yelled as I began to swim towards her and Sandro. I finally got caught up to them and Sandro threw Ri off his shoulders so I didn't get her.

"You bitch" I said as I began laughing and so did he.

"Haha you lose" Ri teases.

"Oh whatever I'll get you back when you least expect it" I said mockingly. She just rolled her eyes and we hung out in the water for a another hour and decided we should probably get some dinner.

"What's everyone want for dinner?" Enz asked.

Silence

"Oh come no one's got any ideas?" He said again.

"Pizza?" Ri's sweet voice said softly.

"Pizza it is since no one else has a voice" Enz said as he walked in to the kitchen.

LEONARDOS POV

I feel like I've seen a new side to Aria. An unspoken side. The side of her pain and suffering. The trauma from the past haunting her everyday. The walls she once called home.

I know she's in pain and she's hurting but she can't take the pain out on herself. She needs to learn to cope in other way than harming herself.

Her bruises were healing well and it seemed that her ribs were healing well too. Now it's just her fresh cuts. I knew I needed to check them out, make sure they aren't too deep or infected from the swimming pool.

I pulled Aria aside to talk to her. I figured she would want everyone else to know what was going on.

"Hey Bella will you come with me so I can check on your wounds?" I whispered softly.

I don't understand what's happening with me. I'm being soft. I'm being nice. It's weird.

She nodded and followed me. Luckily everyone was too busy laughing at Aurelio try to roll out pizza dough. I looked back one last time before turning into the hallway and I notice Luca following me with his eyes.

The look of confusion on his face. I knew he was worried. I knew he loved her. I nodded my head, instructing him to come here with us. I know he needs the reassurance that's she's okay. He found her in the bathroom harming herself. He's had to see her like that twice now and I know it's killing him inside.

"Aria do you mind if Lucas in here too?" I asked making sure it wasn't going to be uncommon for her.

She smiled and nodded "yeah he's okay to be in here". Luca smiled at me. Silently thanking me for letting him come with.

"Ari I just need you to lie down in the table so I can examine your ribs and make sure they're healing good okay?" I said softly not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

I've been so cold towards her and I don't want to be anymore. I want her to know I love her and I'm here for her.

She lied down on the table and I began examining her ribs. "Tell me if this hurts okay?"   She nodded and I continued to press on her ribs. She reached for Lucas hand as she winced in pain.

"That hurts" she choked out.

"Okay bella it appears your ribs are healing good they're just going to be sensitive for a little while especially after the swimming." I informed. She nodded. Then looked down, she knew what I was going to ask next.

"Ari can I see?" I pleaded softly. She nodded and moved her hands off of her thigh.

TW⚠️

The red cuts inflamed. The puffy skin texture forming after the time spent in the water.

"At least one of the cuts looks slightly infected but the others should heal fine." I informed as I began cleaning the cuts.

"Amore Mia why did you do it?" Luca asked as his voice broke like he was going to cry. He is still young this is a lot for him. Just as it is for her.

"J-just getting the news about his funeral and the guilt of killing him and this new life  it's just alot to take in and deal with you know" she explained.

"Bella you're safe here. I know this is a huge change and it's hard but you are safe here. You are loved here. I know I haven't been the warmest towards you and I do apologize about that I just have my own issues to work through. But you don't need to worry about that Ari. We love you. I love you and I will be here and protect you until the day I die" I said softly.

"Thank you Leo I love you too" she said softly as she hugged me.

She backed away and looked at Luca who still had his head down. "Luca I'm sorry you had to be the one to see that this morning. It was stupid of me to do it and I'm sorry" she apologized.

He grabbed hold of Ari and hugged her so tightly. "Never ever apologize for that. I would rather find you in time to stop you and help you then find you dead. None of this is your fault. None of this. So don't ever apologize okay?" He said into her ear. Still loud enough for me to hear.

I feel like I should let them talk. They need to catch up and become as close as they used to be. It will help both of them.

"Why don't you two go up and change and talk until dinners done okay?" I suggested and they both nodded and left my office.

LUCAS POV

Ri and I both went up stairs to Mars bedroom. I looked confused then realized she was stealing one of his hoodies. She looked at me with the same confused expression until she saw me take one of his shirts. We both just laughed at eachother. I turned back into Mars closet to grab some of Mars sweatpants and as I turn around I see her gorgeous body.

She's facing away from me but she has no top on. Her swim suit too has been thrown onto the floor. I don't want to look but I can't look away. Her body is the definition of perfection.

She throws the hoodie on over her naked body and I quickly look away and throw Mars shirt on.

"I'll be in my room I'm gonna change into some shorts come find me when you're done okay?" She said sweetly. I nodded in response and continued to change into sweatpants.

I changed quickly. Not wanting to be apart from her for too long. I had this urge to protect her and watch after her every second. To keep her safe. To make her feel loved.

I walked up to her door and knocked softly to make sure I could come in. A quiet 'come in' could be heard through the door.

My god she's beautiful

I felt my cheeks flush red with blush. Her baggy sweat pants mixed with the baggy hoodie and messy bun. God she looked perfect.

______________________________________

Hello Lovlies!! I'm so so sorry for the late chapter I've had some things going on in my life and it was hard to write.

I wanted to give y'all a happy chapter to get ready for what's coming next. I hope y'all enjoyed.

Thank you for all the support. ILY all.

<3 lemonlimonnade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 16K 48
redamancy A love returned in full; an act of loving the one who loves you. At the young age of 3, Valentina De Luca was kidnapped in the middle of th...
366K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
987K 17.9K 48
When Klara Ivy De Luca is finally reunited with her parents and her six brothers after eleven years of being kidnapped, Is she the same sweet and bub...
676K 16.7K 37
Adelina Bianco was kidnapped at 5 years old after her home was ambushed. Her once perfect life with her 6 brothers was turned upside down and she now...