Just a Seat Away -- A JoongDo...

By Tofi_likeskaeya

(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭ ONGOING ~ upload will return soon || might change cover ++Some other characters are included and pos... More

'Yoo Joonghyuk'
'Kim Dokja'
'Stay with me'
'It wasn't locked'
'Cafe - SHORT BONUS CHAP'
'Wait'
'What's wrong with you?'
'Nightmare'
'I'll protect you'
'Absent, yet always there'
'Little Sister - BONUS CHAP'
'Grumpy'
UPDATES DUE TO LATE POSTS LATELY
'What are we'
'Date'

'Do you like me?'

334 13 63
By Tofi_likeskaeya

Kim Dokja's POV

"Good evening Young Masters." The maids and butlers bow as they welcome Dokja and Joonghyuk.

 Right at the entrance has a row of red petals. Dokja's eyes widened but Joonghyuk seemed unfazed. 

"Is there a special event?" Dokja glances at Joonghyuk, his voice still hoarse after the nap he took. His eyes wander around the house as he enters. It was confusing, looking at the decorations.

"My mother prepared it. But she's out at the moment and won't be arriving any time soon."

"Ah.. Auntie did..?" Taking a quick step away from the delicate petals, Dokja starts to be more careful.

"They're for you..." He heard Joonghyuk's soft voice.

"What..?"

Joonghyuk looked away.

"It's a joke."

Why's he even joking at a time like this??

He walked to his room with a frown on his face. From his room, a couple of the servants' voices were heard from out his door. He quickly pressed his ear onto the door and listened in.

"Do you think it's for Ms. Lee? Since she'll visit again in 4 days?"

Oh yeah.

"But the decorations seem way too.. flashy. You get what I mean? And isn't it too much for the ex of the Young Master? After all, they broke up a year ago."

"You think so? I heard from on of the butlers that they broke up because she had to go abroad but they still contact each other a lot."

"Really? I don't think Young Master would be like that!"

"Me too... But who knows. Maybe it's for the Young Master's guest... The mistress has always seemed to favor him eversince he started living in the guest room."

"Maybe, maybe not..."

Their voices faded and Dokja couldn't help but sink into thought. He walked to the bathroom and looked at the mirror. Murmuring a few things to himself.

Joonghyuk said Seolhwa and her aren't together anymore... but what if he's lying?

Who am I even to care? If he likes her too then go.

But he also said... ugh I don't even want to think about this.

And why would Mrs. Yoo favor me? I mean, I know I'm a guest and she's treating me well but still..

Plus... I'll leave in a few days.

Water splashes on his face. The mirror reflects him still seeming sleepy.

Knock knock

"Kim Dokja."

Joonghyuk..?

"What?" His voice cracks. 

Damn it all.

"Come out."

"Why?" He pats his face dry and walks to the door. Instead of opening it, he waits for Joonghyuk to respond.

"Just come out."

"What if.. no." He snickers to himself quietly, making sure to lock the door in case Joonghyuk would barge in.

What does he want?

"I'll enter." The knob clicks. Dokja immediately holds the knob closed and pushes against the door. 

"NO." 

"What are you doing? Just come out."

The hell is his problem?? Can't he just wait until I come out??!!?!?

He chooses not to respond and simply hold the door. Pressing his body against it as if life depended on it. Who knew what Joonghyuk would do?

Suddenly, he hears a louder click from the knob. A strong force pushes the door and Dokja.

"WHAT?!" Dokja drops on his bum. clearly annoyed at Joonghyuk's actions. 

"I have something to show you."

...

"THAT'S IT!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Dokja looks at him, his eyebrows furrowed as he gets up. Joonghyuk offers his hand and pulls him up gently. An odd smile forms on his lips as he pulls him. What is he up to?

"Yes."

He sighs.

What will it be...? 

"Fine. But wait."

"Fine."

What's with that bland response? He told me to come out and then he opened the door??? 

He got up and walked out the room. Joonghyuk walked ahead, going on an unfamiliar path in the mansion. 

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Hah?

Dokja follows. Keeping up with Joonghyuk's pace. As they walk along the hall, some servants don't seem to be in the area. Then they stop in front of a sliding glass door. 

Outside, a huge tent covered something. He peeked out but Joonghyuk moved to block his vision. Joonghyuk took out a blindfold and wrapped and covered Dokja's eyes. He pushed Joonghyuk.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" His heart beat started to get louder. The unusual situation was scaring him. But part of him was wondering why they were both alone.

Where were the servants? The maids? The butlers?

"Shh."

Joonghyuk closed Dokja's mouth with his fingers and put the blindfold on him. He took his hand.

What is happening...

His heart fluttered. He could feel his cheeks warming up as he hoped to pull back. But hesitated and let Joonghyuk bring him.

He remained silent until they reached the place. He felt something hit his back as he took a step. Then the blindfold came off slowly as Joonghyuk untied it. Dokja's eyes widened as he saw what was before him.

"What's all this..?"

They were inside the tent. But the inside turned out to be the pool. The pool was filled with balloons and glowing objects that were attached to floaties. Even petals similar to the ones he saw at the entrance were on the pool. Joonghyuk took his clothes off, revealing his rash guard and swim shorts underneath.

Woah.

"Let's swim." Joonghyuk turned back and glanced at the prepared swimming clothes for Dokja.

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Dokja stared at Joonghyuk. His face as blank as a paper and nothing escaped his mouth. Then Joonghyuk walked over at him holding the swimwear and tossed it.

As he caught it in his arms, Dokja walked to hide as he changed into the clothes.

While he changed, a loud splash of water came from the pool. Joonghyuk had jumped in ahead of him.

What's going on in his mind?????

It feels weird just suddenly swimming at this hour..

"You done?" Joonghyuk came out the pool after a few minutes. His hands brushed his wet hair back as he was completely soaked.

As Dokja walked out wearing the swim clothes, his eyes widened. He saw Joonghyuk.

Looking from head to toe, his eyes just couldn't stop moving and analyzing.

..!!!

HE'S...

SO...

As Joonghyuk blinked, Dokja felt as if time had stopped and stared into the man's eyes.

The way the droplets of water ran down his face from the ends of his hair was breathtaking. His rashguard tightly wrapped around his waist and arms. Even his chest seemed like it would've burst. 

WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING.

DOKJA STAY PUT. YOU ARE A MAN. HE IS A MAN. YOU MAY LIKE HIM BUT STILL...

"Hm?" Joonghyuk leaned in forward, looking at Dokja in the eyes since his vision seemed to be focused elsewhere. A smirk crossed his face as he noticed how lost in thought Dokja was. He grabbed the clothes Dokja was holding and tossed it on a sunlounger and took his hand.

"H-HEY-"

"Do you not feel like swimming?"

....

This man..

"It's not that-"

"Then let's go."

He pulled Dokja harder until they were at the end of the pool. Joonghyuk jumped in and splashed water all over Dokja's feet up to his legs. 

It isn't cold..

"Get in."

WHY'S HE SPEAKING LIKE THIS ANYWAY??? I WISH I JUST PRETENDED TO BE ASLEEP!

"Okay." Dokja sat down on the side and dipped his legs before going into the water. Some of the petals stuck on his arms. Surprisingly, it was better than he thought.

Joonghyuk swam to the other end of the pool. As Dokja watched him, he stared at Joonghyuk's eyes and the way the water slid down his cheeks. He closed his eyes and sank in, swimming towards Joonghyuk.

"Can you swim?"

"Somewhat.. yea."

"Wanna race?"

This feels weird. Never expected him of all people to be like this..

"Alright."

From one end to another, they raced. Of course, Joonghyuk went faster as he kicked his feet. Dokja stopped in the middle of their race as the water splashed all over his face.

He closed his eyes and blocked the water while Joonghyuk kept swimming. He followed behind, seemingly slower than he should be when racing.

"You aren't fast." Joonghyuk shook the water from his face. 

Dokja rolled his eyes. "Sorry then???"

What's his problem now?

"I didn't mean it like that.." Joonghyuk fell quiet. 

...

Maybe I didn't have to say that.. but still he didn't have to say that either.

"It's February.." Averting his gaze, Joonghyuk got a petal from the pool and left it in his palm. 

"Yeah..?"

Dokja looked confused but his eyes focused on Joonghyuk's lips for a moment.

"And next week is.."

Huh?

Wait.

What day is it again today?

"Your birthday."

Ah....

Right. It is...

"Why're you bringing it up?" 

I didn't even remember.

"I saw your calendar the last time I visited your place. Your birthday was marked."

Oh right.

Joonghyuk swam forward, approaching Dokja. 

He felt his body burning up in the water. Moving back slowly, he stared into Joonghyuk's eyes.

"Ah-"

"I prepared in advance... since you were going to leave soon.."

He stopped and looked at Joonghyuk. Something stopped him, as if his chest felt heavy after his words. No words came out of his mouth. All he did was look at Joonghyuk, but a tear ran down his eye.

Joonghyuk's immediate reaction was to cup his face, wiping the tear away with his thumb. But Dokja flinched.

There was silence. 

Dokja immediately wiped his face and swam to the end of the pool. He stepped out and grabbed his clothes. 

Before he could get inside the mansion, a small girl opened the sliding door. She looked up to see the man. His face getting red as tears poured out.

He looked down at her and ran inside leaving a trail of water on the floor. 

Just when he was nearing his room, he slipped and his body slammed on the floor.

"AH!"

He groaned and tried pushing himself back up but his body wouldn't coordinate with his mind. His hand slammed on the floor as he wiped his teary face. The sudden outburst of tears was uncontrollable. 

"DOKJA." Joonghyuk caught up. Kneeling down, he took Dokja's arms and pulled him up.

Damn it Joonghyuk.

"AHH.." He groaned again, covering his mouth as he struggled to move his feet.

Mia, who was unaware of what was happening, ran towards them both in worry. She saw Dokja on the floor and Joonghyuk holding him. 

There was no way to get out of this situation. He covered his face and bit his lip, holding in the pain. Joonghyuk turned to look at his leg, seeing that it was trembling while he sobbed.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered and carried Dokja in his arms. Instead of bringing him to the guest room, he walked up the stairs slowly and whispering a soft melody in his ear. 

"Brother- what happened?!!?" Mia ran towards them and looked worriedly. She was gonna stop them, but hesitated. 

Mrs. Yoo arrived and she opened the entrance doors only to see Joonghyuk carrying Dokja his his arms as they walked up the stairs.

"Joonghyuk, what happened?" Mrs. Yoo noticed the carpet soaked in water coming from Joonghyuk while some of the messed.

"Not now, mom."

"It hic Hurts..." Dokja couldn't mention more. His fall was a lot more painful than it looked.

"...Dokja?" She approached the two while some servants quickly cleaned up the mess. 

"M-Mrs. Yoo..." He mumbled while his aching body shook a little.

Joonghyuk glared back and hurriedly walked to his room.

"Goodness, what has happened?" Mrs. Yoo looked at Mia who shrugged.

...

As they reached his room, Joonghyuk placed Dokja gently in the bathtub in his bathroom.

"What are you doing...?!" Dokja scowled.

"Where does it hurt?" He turned the faucet on and filled the bathtub with warm water.

Is he taking care of me or something?

What is he? My mom??

"I can do it myself.." He lifted himself up but slid again. Falling onto his bum in the tub.

"Just stay there.." Joonghyuk left the bathroom. Upon returning, he had an ice compress on hand.

Why did I have to fall?!!?!? Of all things!!!!

"Fine."

Dokja looked down and closed his eyes. Taking deep breaths as he felt his body relax and the pain fading away. He noticed that his ankle still hurted from the fall.

This made Joonghyuk lift Dokja's leg and put the ice on his ankle. Dokja flinched again and bit his lip from the sudden coldness.

"Better?"

"I guess."

Wait.

Why'd he fill the tub up? 

It isn't necessary at all.

"Hey-" Just as Dokja was about to speak, Joonghyuk looked into his eyes with seriousness all over his face. He leaned in and whispered.

"Do you like me, Kim Dokja?"

His eyes widened.

WHAT?!!

As his heart skipped beats, he pinched himself to remain calm. Hiding his hand from Joonghyuk as he pinched his side hard while trying to reply in a normal way.

"Why would you think that?" Dokja smiled and tried to avert his gaze elsewhere.

If there was one thing he was good at, it would be lying. But for some reason, he can't do that when it came to Joonghyuk.

"Tell me." His voice was deep and his eyes remained on his. Like he wasn't blinking at all, he stared into his soul.

"Ah- Uhm.." He swallowed. 

Get me out of here.

"I think I'm feeling better now. I can take care of myself." He sat up but Joonghyuk grabbed his arms and looked at him.

Despite not uttering any more words, his face spoke loudly. "Tell me. Tell me. Tell me." It was partly terrifying, but Dokja's heart was confused.

Either it was beating in fear or excitement.

"I don't." 

Help..

He swallowed again, feeling his throat close up as he tried escaping from Joonghyuk's grip. 

But Joonghyuk held firmly. 

...

Yoo Joonghyuk's POV

Beating rapidly, his chest pounded while staring into Dokja's eyes. 

What am I doing?

He made sure not to move too close, or else Dokja would hear his heartbeat as well.

"Tell me."

His eyes focused completely on Dokja. Ignoring the fact that the bathtub was halfway full already, he held Dokja's arms until he would give him the response he wanted to hear.

"I don't."

As if he was shot at the most painful part, he felt his heart drop.

He doesn't?

Why?

He looked directly into his eyes, noticing as Dokja's cheeks were starting to redden a little.

He keeps.. 

doing this..

"Why?" He frowned, his grip getting tighter.

"O-ow.." Dokja grunted and pulled back. He stood up immediately and groaned again. 

Joonghyuk released his grip as he realized what he had done. Assisting Dokja as he walked out, Dokja pulled away again and limped while leaving the bedroom.

It's driving me crazy..

He sighed. Turning of the faucet, he closed the bathroom door and looked at himself in the mirror. 

Yoo Joonghyuk, you are mad.

"Damn it all." He slammed his hands on the sink as he looked at his face.

I hurt him even though I was supposed to greet him.

Why'd I even say that?

Why did I ask him that?

He glared at himself. Completely annoyed at his own appearance, he turned back and started to undress himself before getting in the tub.

While bathing, his mind fell blank. He stopped for a moment and stared up into the ceiling.

"Kim Dokja."

Does he really not like me?

"Why am I even thinking of this? Of course he wouldn't. We're just friends."

He took a deep breath and sat up again.

Just friends...

He felt his heart pound some more. The hairs on his skin stood. 

"What am I to him?"

He stood up and drained the water in the tub. Turning the shower on, he rinsed himself then dried.

...

What is this feeling... of.. 

..

I'm not even sure.

What am I feeling?

"Why are you making me feel this, Dokja?"

He wraps himself in a robe and looks into the mirror.

His hair was completely wet while his skin was dry. The damp towel wrapped his body as he frowned at himself.

"Kim Dokja."

He said his name again.

"I must be crazy."

But.. 

I don't think he meant what he said earlier.

He's been acting strange lately.

What if.

"He actually likes me?"

His lips reacted. It curved upward into a small grin.

Then he fixed it back at the frown, it wasn't like him to just smile like that. Especially not at such things..

Stop it.. Stop smiling..

He couldn't help it.

A grin formed on his face. The ends of his lips reaching from ear to ear as he thought of what it would be like if Dokja actually said he liked him.

Damn it... maybe it's not him...

Maybe it's me.

...

Kim Dokja's POV

Gasping for air, Dokja held onto the wall for assistance. His ankle ached as he tried hopping close to the staircase.

"Dokja?" Mrs. Yoo walked from the other side of the hallway. 

"Auntie-"

He took a deep breath.

Why'd he grab me like that?

And say all those things?

UGHHHHHH..!!!!

Mrs. Yoo immediately walked over to Dokja and held his arm gently. She called for a servant to assist him in returning to his room. Also telling them to prepare him some relieving aids for his ankle.

"What happened?" She let him sit on the floor first. Not paying much attention to the fact that there was water everywhere due to the two of them walking around drenched.

"We swam... then I ran back to my room but I slipped. I'm sorry Auntie, I caused a mess.."

"Don't be sorry, dear." Her hands gently wiped his face. Her thumb rubbed against his cheek while she smiled. The soft touch on his face made him relax. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself down.

"That can easily be cleaned. But you've injured yourself so you'll need to treat it immediately, okay?"

He nodded and smiled.

Joonghyuk is lucky.

His mother is so... gentle... and warm.

Mom...

Dokja closed his eyes and let his cheek rest on her hand for a while. 

"What happened to Joonghyuk? Why are you here?"

"I just left since he was trying to help me, but I told him I didn't need..."

"Dear, are you being honest right now?" She looked at him with the same serious eyes. Joonghyuk and her were clearly related, except she was gentler than him.

He paused. Nothing else crossed his mind, but he felt like he could open up to her.

His head shook and he immediately bursted into tears. The lump in his throat started to disappear as he struggled to speak.

"I don't know Auntie... I'm so confused and scared..."

Her eyes widened and immediately she leaned closer and embraced him.

Dokja sobbed while speaking. Soft hiccups escaped his mouth while feeling her hands run through his head. It was warm, it was comforting..

"I see... I see..."

"And.. I'm not sure.. But I think I like Joonghyuk..."

She pulled back upon hearing the name. Looking at Dokja, she was surprised.  A part of her had a feeling it would be the case, but she didn't think it was actually what he felt.

"You do?"

"Y-yes..." He sniffled and looked down.

"I see.." She held his hands and rubbed them slowly. 

Easing his sobs, he hiccuped again.

"Mom?" Joonghyuk was there.

Dokja didn't turn to look at him anymore.

"Ah..." Mrs. Yoo struggled to explain anything. Instead of speaking, she whispered to Dokja. "I'm not sure if he heard, but I'll have you taken back to your room. Let's speak of this later.." 

Dokja nodded and a butler and two maids walked up, helping him walk down the stairs leading him to his room.

Did he hear?

...

..

He must think I'm weird now.

"Uhm... Sir.. I don't know if I should say this.. but."

One of the maids looked at the other maid who was speaking, shaking her head as if telling her to stop.

Dokja raised his head while some tears ran down his face. Hiccups still escaped his mouth.

" Hic What is hic it?"

"I think you hold yourself back too much, sir... I may only be a maid here, however I always observe the Young Master and you whenever you talk. Whether you both are eating or simply about to leave, you always seem to look at him so sincerely.. like.. you like him.. But you snap back so quickly, the Young Master wouldn't be able to notice. You don't need to hold yourself back, sir."

He looked at her like the thousand feelings inside of him just stopped. 

Hold.. myself back?

Look... like I like him?

I was obvious?

"I-I'm sorry if I assumed sir! But I overheard your conversation with the mistress... and it seems I was correct."

The other maid shook her head at the speaking maid. She stopped talking and the butler remained silent.

Despite that, all of their faces were obvious. They also knew that Dokja showed signs of liking to Joonghyuk.

After a while of living in the mansion, the servants have surrounded them most of the time. Meaning, they could observe them.

"Really.. So.. Do you think hic it's fine that I like him? Hic " He looked at the maid who spoke. 

"I think there's nothing wrong with liking someone, sir... If you truly like the Young Master.. You shouldn't feel bad." The maid smiled at him. 

It was comforting. Most of the time he would've been made fun off. Called names like "gay boy" even though it was overused. Sometimes other worse names.. But this was one of the times he felt like it was alright. 

Hic

They reached his room. Carrying him to the bathroom, they let him sit on the toilet seat first. Water still dropped from his body.

These people..

"Young sir, I apologize if it's an intruding statement, but I also agree with her. You have stayed in this mansion long enough for us to notice such things. If you like the Young Master, please do not feel like it is wrong. You are a guest in this house, and you are also the Young Master's best friend."

Best friend?

The other maid nodded. "The Young Master has never let any of his other friends in here, except of course Ms. Lee."

"Shhh..."

"Sorry.." The maids whispered to each other. 

Does Joonghyuk see me as that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 51.2K 34
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
263K 17.9K 20
#2 IN HIS SERIES 𝐕𝐢𝐤𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 The elder son of the Rathore family and the future King of Rajasthan, he was cold, arrogant...
572K 30.9K 19
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
2.8M 36.7K 12
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...