Destined Love | Min Yoongi

Por KimChaeYoungBTS

❀ [Soulmate AU] ❀ Kwan Ae-Young an SBR (Soulmate Bonding Researcher), had always watched, learnt and helped f... Mais

- ★ -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 41

442 22 6
Por KimChaeYoungBTS

"You sure you don't need anything?" Jisung asks for about the third time now. Then I shake my head, for the third time, declining any more help from him. Jisung had walked me up to the shop where he was about to start working.

I hadn't been back here since the beginning of the week. I already had my interview, passed it and all. I had to express that I couldn't properly start until I finished up my old job, my current one. Surprisingly, they were really accommodating. All that was requested was that I come in a few times before I officially start, so I at least could be shown how everything is done and introduced to the system in place.

"I'm sure, Jisung." I assure, attempting a smile. I don't want to think about what happened with Soomin. Not right now, not anymore. "I'm alright now, thank you."

Jisung and I have gotten closer too, over the past couple of interactions. He's the one who has been teaching me everything I need to know, so naturally we've become more aquatinted with one another. I'd like to think we're friends by now.

"I'm about to start my shift now, so I've got to go get everything ready." He informs me, pointing to the storage rooms. "I'll be back there if you need me for anything."

"Thanks, Jisung." I reply, looking down at the ground with a smile. The first real one all day.

"Hey...." Jisung catches my attention once more, making me look up at him. "I mean it, for anything-

"Alright alright, for anything." I echo, pushing him towards the back. "Now go do your job."

"I'm serious, Ae-Young." Jisung tries to say without laughing.

"Yeah, I know." I assured him. "I'll holler if I need some ramen."

"Promise?" Jisung jokes, holding up his pinky finger. I don't even entertain the idea and just continue to push him to do his job. "Okay, I'm going. I'm going!"

I laugh to myself quietly as I hear him do the same. Then finally, he disappears to the back, ready to start his tasks for the day. I contemplate for a few minutes on whether or not to leave, and decide in the end that it's probably best that I get back to the long list of my own tasks for today. They were really planned for yesterday, but you know...procrastination.

As soon as I see Jisung again, I point to the door amd mouth that I'm leaving now. He just nods, understanding. I give him a quick wave goodbye and go on my way.

The first thing I have to do is go home. I need to phone up the place I'm doing my course in. There's a few questions I have that I don't know the answers to. I've tried calling at other times, but I always get them too late. Now since it's fairly early, around 2 in the afternoon, I'm bound to get an answer.

I rush back home, worrying that if I take too long, something will happen and I won't get through. As soon as I'm home and settled in, I open up my document where I noted all my questions, and called the place immediately.

This time I was lucky enough to get through to someone. It was a lady on the other end, really sweet. Most of my questions were simple enough, I just couldn't seem to find the answers on the website. I asked when the course would commence and the typical timetable, as well as a few questions on the financial aspects.

I'm lucky to be applying at the perfect time. The lady explains that the course is set to start next month. Not to mention, it's mostly online. She begins to explain how it'll be online four out of the five days each week. She's also extremely helpful with her advice on finances. Since I had done nothing but working and saving up my money like crazy, until this year when I stepped down, I was fortunate enough to be able to pay in full for my first year.

Once I asked all my questions, I thanked the lady for all of her help and hung up. I'm feeling a little worn out from all that talking. But I haven't got the time to be tired. I still have so many other things I have to do. Like shopping for food, my fridge and cupboard are all void of food at the moment. Just another boring task to get out of the way.

But before I can do that I'm distracted by the dishes I left in the sink last night. I can't pass them, so I quickly clean up the kitchen area. Which of course leads me to clean any little thing I see that's dirty, or fix anything and everything that looks out of place. And I'm suddenly in cleaning mode. This unfortunately takes up about two hours. I'm now dreading having to do anything at all, having little energy left.

Somehow though, I motivate myself to get ready. I start getting up to get everything I need to get back on track. But just as I pulled out my shopping bags and started walking towards the door, I get a text. It's from Jiyeon. I stop what I'm doing, instantly clicking on her text, wanting to know what's going on.

-

Ji : So, a random thing
just happened.

Me : What kind of random?

Ji : Mum

Ji : She's asking about you.

Ji : She wants to know
how you're doing.

Me : Really?

Ji : She's also going on and
on about your Soulmate....

Me : So that's what this is.

Ji : I think she might just be curious.

Ji : She seemed oddly calm
when talking about it.

-

I sigh loudly as I read the texts and put my phone away. This isn't a conversation I want to get into right now. It's making me wonder all sorts of things. Things I left alone the last time I saw her. But she's asking about me. Should I go see her?

I park that thought, not letting myself think about it more right now. I have so many other things I'm worrying about, I don't think I can add to it. Soomin, Yoongi and adding my mother on top of it all. It doesn't sound like a good mix. I just have too much going on.

With that decided, I continue on my journey to go shopping. I finally walk out the door and hurry out out of the building. I walk for a little while, taking the same route I always do.

Then a small flower shop catches my eye. I've passed by it many times, but never went in. An elderly lady is tending to a few flowers on the outside window sill, then goes right back inside. Suddenly I'm reminded of my mother, who she looks an awful lot like. So I walk that way and enter the shop. And I thought I had stopped thinking about her.

"Hello, are you still open?" I ask as I walk in. I realise it's a little late in the evening my now, but still chance it as I walk closer to the front counter.

"Well, just about to close dear. But I can make an exception for you." The elderly lady smiles. It seems this lady and my mother share similarities in only appearance. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm not sure." I think aloud, taking a look around all the flowers. It feels like a sign to go see her. First Jiyeon texts about mum and then I see a lady who looks exactly like her. Fate plays a big part in our lives. Maybe it plays more often than we think. "They all look so pretty."

"Is this for yourself?" The lady asks as she moves towards a section of premade bouquets.

"No actually, for my mother." I say, shaking my head. "I'm thinking of visiting her soon."

"Oh, what a lucky mother." The lady smiled, looking around at the bundles of flowers carefully, as if there was a particular one she was searching for. "Having a daughter who takes good care of her."

"I don't know about that..." I laugh. It's Jiyeon that takes good care of our mother, not me. I think all of us are happy to leave it that way.

"As a mother, I know." She assured, picking up a particular pink and purple bouquet. "We appreciate any little thing our kids do for us, even if it's just getting flowers every now and again or visiting from time to time."

"I'll keep that in mind." I reply, trying to keep the conversation light. She hands me the flowers and I take a closer look at them. They're tulips. "They're beautiful."

"Those are a favourite here." She added. "I'd like to think your mother would like them."

"I'll take them."

I hauled my two full bags up the stairs to my apartment. This is one of the many reasons I'm not fond of this errand. The steps I have to walk up just to get home are the most challenging part.

I spent an unreasonably long amount of time shopping. Not only did the shop decide to move around a bunch of things, but they also weren't keen on having the stock for half of my items. It took me forever to get out because of the long lines too.

Honestly, I might be exaggerating a little. I'm just so tired and it's so easy to complain. I can't think of anything better right now than sitting on my sofa. The stairs feel like they're neverending, but eventually I manage my way to my apartment.

Once I got in, I put one bag to the side and emptied the one with fridge and freezer food. The other bag I can unload later. I took all the food out and put it away, leaving just the flowers I had neatly tucked away to the side of the bag earlier.

I took them out and placed them on the counter. I didn't need much time to think before I made a decision about my mother. I took my phone out and sent a quick message to Jiyeon, asking her when it would be a good time to drop by.

I put my phone down before I could change my mind and headed for the living area. Turning on the TV as I made myself comfortable on the sofa was the quickest and easiest decision of the day. I could seriously use a good K-Drama right now. I scrolled for a while to find one I was in the mood for. And that's what I did, watched my show for a couple of episodes.

Not too long into my third episode though, there was knocking at the door. Curious as to who it could be, especially at this time, I quickly walked over to answer the door.

"No need to thank me." I hear the voice of Jisung state the second I open my door. He's holding up ice-cream. "Now that I have the time, let's talk."

"What? Jisung I told you I'm-

"Oh I know what you told me." Jisung nodded, heading over to my living room. I invited him over a few days ago when he had to stay out of his own apartment due to some repairs, so he knows his way around. "But it's not what I heard."

"What is it you heard then?" I asked, closing over the door and walking to the kitchen. I grabbed two spoons and made my way to the living room where Jisung now was.

"That you seriously need to chat, vent...just have someone to talk to." He said, opening up the tub. I handed over a spoon and he took it from me, instantly digging in. "I'm all ears."

"It's really nothing." I begin with a roll of my eyes, not sure if it's that important to bother sharing. "I'm just...I don't know. Yoongi, my soulmate, we're kinda...and one of my best friends too. We're also...you know?"

"Well, not exactly." He laughs. It takes me a second to realise what I had even said and I too laughed. I just shook my head, taking some ice-cream for myself. "I can't read your mind, Ae-Young."

"I feel like I'm losing my best friend." I start, suddenly confident to share. I hear my phone ping, but decide to ignore it and keep talking. "And Yoongi too. I haven't had a proper conversation with either in almost two weeks. It's just difficult."

"Here's an idea." Jisung suddenly says, shaking his head and letting out a small sigh. "Talk."

"Talk?" I repeat, furrowing my eyebrows. "That's the problem. We're not talking."

"No, I mean talk." He insists, but I don't get it. I just shrug my shoulders in response. "Talk, like you're doing now with me."

"Cause it's that easy?" I laugh, getting up and waking to the kitchen. "Tea, coffee?"

"Coffee." Jisung quickly replied. I'm learning he, unlike me, loves the drink. "And yes, it really is. You started talking to me, didn't you?"

"But that's different." I insist. I turn on the kettle and grab two mugs. I'm having tea of course, I need something soothing after all that was today.

"It doesn't have to be." He states simply. "It's only difficult if you make it that way."

"Do you also write?" I ask both in a joking manner, but also a little curious. "Everyone in my life sounds so poetic."

"I actually do." He smiles, looking happy to talk about it. "Only in my free time though."

"Like, songs?" I ask, hearing a hum in response as I finish up with our drinks. I walk back into the living room and hand him his coffee. I'm about to ask more when I hear a loud knock at the door.

I groan loudly at the sound. I just sat down and got comfortable. Why is it now that someone has to come to the door. Couldn't they have knocked just a minute earlier, while I was still standing?

"I can get it." Jisung offers, and I don't turn it down. My groan must have given away my frustration. I just want to relax for a minute.

"You're an angel." I joke, hearing a small laugh from him in return.

Jisung gets up and walks over to my door, opening it. I don't hear anything for a few seconds, then Jisung comes around to where I'm sitting, grabbing his things. Everything is happening so fast.

"I think it's best I leave." He suggests, pointing towards the door. He then walks closer to me to whisper the next part. "Talk to him, this is your chance to be open and honest."

I'm initially confused at what Jisung means. But as he walks back to the front door, my eyes follow him to the reason. Yoongi.

A/N Jisung is the best, the mother is making a return and Yoongi could've shown up at a better moment. Oh, I live for the drama. Just wait for what's yet to come (see what I did there~).

I'm really enjoying writing recently, especially because of where I'm at in the story. Even though this chapter was a little less on the exciting part... *cough* *cough*... I quite enjoyed writing more about the simple, everyday bits about our main character's life.

I'd like to say a HUGE thank you for the support on this story. We've hit a big milestone recently, 50K reads and 2K votes !! I could barely believe my eyes, really. It happened so suddenly. Thank you, thank you. I appreciate all the support, whether it be in reads, votes or comments. It makes me so happy to know so many enjoy my work and tune in to the story every time I post.

Once more, thank you so much~!! Have a lovely day/night and stay safe! 💜💜

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

20.8K 961 15
"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." --Jean de la Fontaine There was only one thing you and Min Yoongi had in common t...
343K 17.9K 71
THIS STORY HAS A NEW VERSION PUBLISHED ON MY PROFILE (currently unpublished) (don't expect top quality from this one 😭) BTS X READER - SOULMATE AU ✔...
297K 8.3K 22
Y/N loves BTS. She found there music during a very difficult time in her life, and it helped her to realize the truth: none of it had ever been her f...
126K 3.9K 35
"I might have broken many things, but my soul mates' hearts is never gonna be one of them." • "You have me now." "He means 'us'." • "Wait, does that...