Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part two - xxiii.

924 83 5
By Maroon1479

I was lost in my own head listening to music on the porch of the house that I hadn't realized Elliot arrived until he appeared next to me on the swing and pulled the ear bud out of my ear. I jerked as I quickly looked at him before chuckling, "Oh hey." I said as he leaned over and pecked me.

"Now I know you weren't really paying attention to today Psychology homework so what was going in your mind?" he asked. "Is it because it's the first day of spring?"

My smiled turned into a small frown as I nodded, "Yeah. It's freaking me out because it could happen tonight, tomorrow, the day after that, or that following days. I have no idea when it's scary not knowing."

"You're gonna have people be there for you." he said before he fully turned to face me with a big smile on his face and my eyebrows furrowed together. He opened his mouth as he tried to say something but he looked slightly nervous.

Amused I reached out and lightly pushed his shoulder, "What? Come on and say it, Elliot."

He reached up and took my hand in his, entwining our fingers, "Aeriela, we're the only few who haven't gotten a mate yet." he said, making the amuse look quickly disappear from my face. "I like you-Hell, I freaking love you. I have been thinking allot about this the last couple of days and I would very much like if to have you as my mate, my wife, and the future mother of my kids."

This was typical of wolves around our ages. Luna had just recently gotten engaged and mated with a boy a year older than us name Fletcher. He was Beta Will cousin and Luna was head over heels crazy for him. Around sixteen lots of young wolves will start pairing together to get ready to be together. Elliot and I were late bloomers in finding mates.

"What do you say?" he asked, drawing my attention back to him. "I know it's unexpected Aeriela but this is a good thing. I care allot about you, I'm gonna be working with my uncle at the railroad station near the mines in Crowsight."

"Crowsight?" I questioned and he nodded. "That's about four hours away from here. I don't wanna leave here."

"I know but the money is very good Aeriela." he said. "I'll be able to make allot of money for us, I'll take care of you and you'll never have to worry. You'll have a safe easy life."

I didn't want to be taken of, I was fine how I am. He has been thinking about this but I haven't. I knew one day this would come but I thought maybe it'll be later on. I didn't know an answer to Elliot question because even though I was scared of having an official mate I also knew there was a chance I might not get another one. Most of the boys are already taken and I would have to go out of Marchand to look for a mate. I didn't want to leave Marchand.

My opened but no words came out since I wasn't sure. I was so glad when I saw Clyde car driving up and he drove up near the garage. He stepped out of the truck with Devin from the passenger and we both stood up from the swing.

"Elliot, how nice to see you." Clyde said as he walked over towards the porch.

Elliot smiled at Clyde and lowered his head a little to show respect, "Hey Mr. Vaughn, how are you?"

"Great." he said, looking at me for a moment. Clyde smiled at the both of us before both men stepped into the house and left us alone.

Elliot put his hands in his pockets as he turned to face me with a heavy look on his face, "Aeriela-"

"Give me a day to think about it." I cut him off quickly as my hands nervously played together. "Sorry I can't give you an answer right now. You taken me by surprise and I haven't really thought about it. Let me think about it today and I'll tell you tomorrow."

He stared down at me for a moment before nodded, "Alright, sounds fair enough. Tomorrow we meet for breakfast at Gazania Park at noon?"

I nodded quickly, "Yes sounds real good."

Elliot leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I forced him a smile even though I was nervous as hell on the inside. He walked off the porch and walked away from the house. I ran my ran across my hair before running it down my face and across my mouth as I wanted to groan but I kept my mouth closed.

What a surprise attack.

*

I quickly walked out of the forest onto the ranch and quickly ran over towards Mat's big home since I needed to talk to her about this. I ran over towards the house and ran onto the porch. I pulled the hood down from my hoodie before running into the house.

I saw Killian sitting down on the couch talking to a familiar face that I haven't seen in maybe eight months since he had moved to Portland. I ran my hand across my hair as I looked at Ulric and he stared back at me. He was more muscular then before with clean shaved with light facial hair going down from his sideburns to his jawline and sprinkle of hairs on his muscular face.

I quickly looked away because I could feel my heart racing and I told myself no. I even wanted to slap myself but I didn't want to look like that same weird girl I use to be. I cleared my throat, forcing myself to look up at them as I raised my chin, "Where's Mat?"

"Out running." Killian said as he stood up and walked over towards me. "Wanna wait for her?"

"Uh sure." I said, nodding my head quickly.

"Want anything to drink? You seem out of breath like you can ran here from town." he said and I followed him into the kitchen leaving Ulric in the living room so I felt like I could breath again. He grabbed a class cup from the cabinet and pour me some water from the water and ice dispenser. He held it over to me and I thank him before quickly chugging it down. He sighed heavily as he leaned against the island table, "I should warn you Ellie-Ulric moving back."

I almost spit the water out of the mouth but I held back the urge. I swallowed it quickly as I started coughing, "Huh?"

"He's got fired from his job in Portland and he can't find another one in time to pay his bills and rent." he said, making me scoff. "So he's gonna come work for Devin."

I stared at him for a moment before I brought the water back up to my mouth and finished the rest of it. I was so tempted to go back in the living room and throw the class cup at him but I knew better. I set the glass down and took a deep breathe, "Alright, he's your cousin Killian. I have completely moved on and I can handle Ulric being back in town. I'm not gonna make this weird."

He frowned at me, "Are you sure Ellie?"

I nodded, "Yes. As you know I'm with Elliot so there's nothing to worry about. I can be an adult about this and not make anything awkward."

He breathed out heavily like a relief, "Good God, this makes it easier to tell you he has a girlfriend name Raynah." he said.

I stared at him for a moment as I processed the news of a girlfriend. Ulric, the guy afraid of commitment has a girlfriend? I didn't know how my reaction should be right now but even though still confused I forced a smile at Killian, "Yeah. Relax Killian, it's all good." I said as I walked over towards him and patted his shoulder. "I'm gonna go wait for Mat out on the back porch. Sorry for interrupting and barging in." I said, forcing a fake smile.

Mat

After my run I was surprised to see Aeriela at my back porch. I grabbed the robe waiting on the steps for me and walked up next to a quiet Aeriela who was staring down at the ground. I turned to look inside the house and I sighed heavily, "Did you see him?"

"Yup." she said, popping the 'p'.

I frowned down at her because even though she was hiding the pain I knew deep down it hurt her. I remember Sofia finding her crying in her pillow and tell me a few days later what happened. I wanted to kick Ulric out of the pack but Aeriela didn't want me to do that since I shouldn't kick a pack member out just because of some 'stupid teenager relationship' in her words. I sent Ulric to live with Will in Clark forty minutes away. "Of course he didn't tell us he was coming." I told her. "He just showed up and promised to be on best behavior. Killian talked me into letting him saying he'll keep a close eye on Ulric."

"I talked to Killian already." she said, her voice sounding small. "You guys don't have to worry about me. It's been two years, it's no big deal anymore."

I could see the lie written on her face but she was trying so hard to be strong. I didn't want to press on her about the subject, afraid she'll get angry at me because that's how it works for her. When she's upset it'll turn to angry if she feels like people are trying to be to nosy. Best thing to do is wait for her to be ready to talk.

"And I know about the girlfriend Raynah." she said, looking up at me. She shrugged, "We both moved on Mat, you don't need to worry about me. It just took me by surprise. I can handle it."

I wanted to believe her-I really did want to believe she had moved on from cold heart Ulric but I knew deep down she was in love with him. It crushed her hard and it took almost a year for her to get over. She spent her time getting her life back together and I just hope Ulric doesn't do anything to fuck it up.

Or I'm gonna have to fuck his face up with my fist.

I put my arm around her shoulders, "Alright Ellie. So what are you doing here then?"

She was quiet for a moment and I looked down at her confused as she stared at the wooden steps, "Elliot asked me to be his mate."

My eyes widen a little since I was surprised. Yes it's normal but surprising coming from annoying Elliot who I had to bully into leaving Emily away and almost burnt his face that day a few years back when I was in high school and he was a freshman. It was on a first degree burn, nothing to serious and it didn't leave anything behind. He grew to be a pretty handsome kid and I knew Aeriela liked him.

"Annnd?" I urged for her to go on.

She looked up at me, "I told him I would think about it." she said. "I have no idea what my answer is gonna be, Mat. Yes Elliot is a good to me and he treats me like a princess. Yet I'm not sure if I'm not ready or want to be that close to him. Yet what if I say no and this might be my last chance ever to find someone to be with. Or I do say yes and regret it later in life-"

"Whoa calm down Ellie!" I said as I pulled my arm away. I looked at her seriously, "Ellie. . .I'm sure you already know your answer. If you're worried about all these things then maybe it isn't the right time. I mean you two only started taking a little over two months ago."

She sighed heavily as she lowered her head, "Elliot a great guy, he really is. I know you said he was a pain of the butt before he's not like how he was. The thing is-I don't know what it is. You're right, if I'm having all these concerns maybe I shouldn't. He said he loved me but. . .I'm not sure if I love him though. Yes I do like him allot but not enough to say I'm in love with him."

And there was her letting herself open and talking to me. She was better at doing this than me.

"I don't even remember what love feels like for guy." she said, lowering her voice. "Maybe I'm to dysfunctional to be with anyone."

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close me, "Ellie stop it. You have comes so far from the woods. You're still her but just adjusted very well. Of all people in the world you should deserve nothing but happiness. This is apart of life and growing up. You need to get a few heart breaks before you find the perfect one."

She snorted, rolling her eyes, "You didn't have this much trouble. All Killian have to do was walk into your life and it wasn't that hard for you both. Whoever does this 'true mating' thing gave you both special treatment to not waste time looking for each other."

"I know." I told her, pushing her straight hair behind her ears. "You're a normal girl who's gonna meet some different kind of guys in the world. Yes the pain does suck, I hate watching you like this but I can't stop it. Only you can by growing through them."

"Can't I just skip a few of them and just find who I'm suppose to be with?" she asked, shrugging.

A small smile appeared on my mouth, "If I had a magic wand I would do it for you." I told her. "Aeriela, just be you. Not human, not wolf. Just be you and do whatever you want. Want to be with Elliot and be his mate? Do it. Don't wanna be his mate but this means you can still do all the things you want in life and make your own rules. Do it. No matter what, we're here to support you. Just remember that."

*

Aeriela left more alive and better. It seemed talking about it all made her feel better and I was glad. I just only hope she makes the right decision that makes her most happiest. Not matter what she chooses, I'll still love her.

I went up to my office and sat my desk. I grabbed my tablet and rest back against my chair as I checked some things. My email was filled with the same boring reports that I responded to. Nothing major, not troubling happening. They just needed me approval so today was easy.

I noticed this strange name I didn't recognize, Tamaz Donauri. I clicked on the email and read the message-

Hello Alpha Matilda, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Tamaz Donauri and I'm the Alpha of a country called Georgia-

My eyebrows furrowed together confused a little because I never heard of it before. Did he just say Georgia? No Georgia is a state here in America and the Alpha name is Richard. I kept on reading.

-it is a small country below Russia. I'm sure as busy as you were when you became Alpha you missed my congratulating message. I decided to message you again in hope you would like to have a video chat discussion with me. I have always wanted to visit America and be really interested in meeting you. I do understand if you are busy though and would like to make some date. Whenever you are free is good for me.

First thing first-I clicked out of my Gmail and into the internet. I typed in Country of Georgia and there was a country in Europe called Georgia. It wasn't big, it was small just like he said and a country you would skim past on a map if you were like me and you sucked at Geography. It did make my interest a little more bigger but I also wasn't very surprised. I been getting this the last two years since being Alpha of Oregon from Alphas from Europe. Many European Alphas came to visit me and it was nice to meet allot of them.

European Wolves-they stuck a little closer to Wild Wolves tradition but still more civilized than them. They didn't kill humans and blended in with us but they were a little more scarier. I mean, they didn't scare me but some of the pack members found their 'aura's' to be scary.

I looked at the time on the tablet and realized it was ten o'clock. Killian was downstairs with Ulric talking and I had nothing else to do. What the hell not? I went back on the email and told him right now would be good if he liked.

By the time I had went downstairs, made myself something to eat, change into more nicer than a robe to look presentable to another Alpha I returned to the tablet and found he messaged me back. Hmm, that was quick.

He asked for my Skype username and I told him. He sent me a request and I added him. I set the tablet up and he made the call just in time. I answered it and soon he popped up on my screen. He wasn't wasn't I expected-not in a bad way. I thought maybe he was an older wolf with graying here from his name but no. He seemed to be in his early thirty and very handsome-yet allot of wolves are handsome so also not very suprising.

He smiled, "Alpha Matilda, nice to meet you." he said in a very deep accent that my eyes widen. Deep European accents always surprise me, I found them very nice. "My name is Tamaz Donauri, it's finally nice to see you. I have heard of the great things you have done for our kind and would like to thank you."

I shrugged, "It's all good. My cousin Nathan helped me, he was apart of it."

He nodded, "Yes. You are very lovely Alpha Matilda."

I smiled, "Thanks. My husband Killian would agree with you."

He chuckled, "Of course he would but this is not why I have requested to meet with you. I have heard of the other Alpha's coming to meet you in person and I have been invited over to New York in a few days to meet with Alpha Edwards. I thought with your approval I would come meet you, your husband, and your pack after the small meeting in New York. It would be a great honor to meet you."

"Alpha Tamaz, that's very flattering but I'm gonna tell you what I have told the others-just because of what I did doesn't make me royalty. Yes I would open you into coming into my pack but you don't need to just because of what I have done." I told him.

He nodded, "Yes but it still a great honor. We Georgian Wolves are very proud of our culture though and being able to shake your hand would be great. I do understand though if you are to busy though." He then reached for something and pulled a picture frame over. He turned it around to show a woman with boy around ten years old and holding her hand against her pregnant stomach. The woman was amazingly beautiful with striking features I noticed Tamaz had. "This is my mother, her name was Natalia. She was Alpha before me-my country first ever female Alpha. She passed away five years ago."

Okay, now this was really interesting. I haven't been able to meet any Alpha who own state or country had a alive female Alpha or even a recent one who was alive not to long ago! It was truly something rare and this woman was alive not to long ago. Tamaz sat the picture down and I pushed my hair behind my ears, "Please tell me about her." I said excitedly and he noticed. "Sorry, sorry. It's just I haven't been able to meet a female Alpha or someone who knew one."

He smiled, "How about I make you a deal? You let me and my brother Zakaria come visit you. I will tell you everything about her. I promise we will remember we are you guest and won't cause any disturbance. My mother taught me to have respect for other people territories. Like I had said, it would be a very big honor."

Oh man, he got me on that since I so badly wanted to know about another female Alpha. Last one known to be alive was in 1890's in France and she ruled a pack like any man would. I guess since Georgia is a small country it must also be quiet one. I was to curious-yes, I do have to know about her.

"You're brother?" I questioned and he nodded. "Don't you have a wife?"

"I do but she is seven months pregnant right now with our second son. I would like for Lizaveta-my wife-to come since she usually does when I travel but she doesn't want to risk anything being as superstitious as she is so my brother is making this trip with me." he said. "He's twenty years old and very respectful. I promise you can trust us in your territory."

"Well I do need to talk to my husband and Beta at the moment but I don't see any reason why not." I told him and he nodded. "How about I'll get back to you tomorrow-or later, I'm sure it's early in the morning there as I can see from the window behind you."

He turned his head chuckling as he looked back at the camera, "Yes, it's seven in the morning but I'm a morning man. I get my job done early in the morning since my wife makes night family."

"I think your wife gonna need to come." I said, chuckling. "Teach me some things about family. My husband and I are trying to have a baby right now."

"Candles." he said, confusing me. "Both times my wife got pregnant there was candles lit around. Her crazy grandmother told her this saying the light of the fire helps lead our future child to the right spot."

"Hmm, not a bad suggestion." I sarcastically said. I chuckled, "Okay Alpha Tamaz, it's night time here and my Godson arriving in the morning with his parents so I need some sleep. I'll have your answer for you later."

He nodded, "Alright, I looked forward to hearing your answer." he said. We both ended the video call and I set my tablet down. I tapped my finger against the desk until I stared at the berry scented candle on my desk. I thought about what Tamaz said for a moment before I rolled my eyes and leaf the office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6M 231K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...
1M 45.1K 38
Moving back to a hometown she had left before she could even remember it was never supposed to be a big deal. But for Sara Bryant, everything is abou...
2.8M 73.7K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
349K 8.4K 52
it's the sequel to "the mate of his nanny 1" that I have to post separately because the story is 252 chapters and we can only post 200 per story !!