part one - vi.

Mat

I was helped into the large room by Killian was holding my arm. I heard voices of many Alphas but many of them hushed as soon as I came into the room. I scoffed, "Oh don't get quiet just cause I showed up." I sarcastically said.

"Mat!" I heard a familiar female voice and I quickly recongized it even after all these months. I saw a figure of a girl come towards me with dark hair before she wrapped her arms around me. Melinda hugged me tightly and free my arm from Killian so I could hug her back. "You look so good." she said, chuckling.

"I wish I could see what you look like." I said as the hug broke. I could see her only a little, she was very blurry. I knew she was wearing some blue off the shoulder top with dark jeans. Her long dark hair was hanging down straight. "I didn't expect you to be here."

"I knew you would come so I had to. It's feels like such a long time." she said. "I heard what happen, I'm sorry."

I shrugged, "I'm still alive, just eighty-five percent blind." I sarcastically said. "Serious though, I'm dealing. Everyone alive and safe, that's all that matters."

"Yes." I heard a voice. "That is the imporant thing."

I cleared my throat, "Alpha Alaric." I said, nodding my head in respect.

I was met with a bunch of other Alphas. Allot of them I have never even met and won't remember their name since there is fifty-one Alphas in one room and most of them were men. It was hard to make converstation with men who knew what they were talking about when I was just an eighteen year old girl and I feel so dumb at the moment. I wanted to join in on those converstations but I didn't feel like I belonged in that group.

I was glad when it start. I sat down at the table in the meeting room of a hotel were all told to go to. It was in the ballroom and my back chilled at the thought of a possible another attack. But the ballroom of an hotel was big and the hotel was owned by Wolves. Nate promised they have high tech security and nothing like that massacre at Alpha Alaric party last year will happen again.

"Would you like anything to drink?" a female waitress ask—I could smell her being a wolf.

"Uh, big glass of vodka?" I jokingly asked and Killian hang tighten in mine. I forced a smile, "Kidding. Ice tea please."

The lights were turned on, leaving me completely blind until large projector was turn on and shown something on the white flatten draps and I couldn't see what was on it.

"What was found at the scene were these. A bunch of needles with Belladonna in the syringes. They were also taking blood simples." Nate started.

"Why isn't Alpha Matilda doing this?" an Alpha spoke. "It was her pack that was attacked."

I growled, "Do I look like I'm in any way to present this?" I asked. "I'm almost blind, I can't see what's on the drapes."

Killian cleared his throat, "She had asked Alpha Nathan to talk at this meeting. She helped him get it all started up though."

Nate continued on with the meeting with the other Alphas that were homes to America. He spoke loud and confidant. He told them what I wrote down what happened and some of the others members on what they witnessed. I told them about the human Hunter Shane and the man name Faulkner.

"They took interest in Alpha Matilda." Nate said. "They noticed that she is different from the others. When her eyes shifted color and since her eyes don't turn a golden yellow color they shot her."

"In the eyes?" another asked in amusment. I stiffened up and my hands roughly balled into a fist. Killian put one of his hands over one of mine and held it.