Marked Claws (Mystic Bonds #2...

By SkylerChase29

❝ Let's rule a Kingdom, shall we? ❞ •○• When human slave turned Fae Handmaiden, Cara Arnel found herself in t... More

Prologue
Part I: The Knowledge
1. Cara
2. Cara
3. Lucien/Damien
4. Arion
5. Cara
6. Cara
7. Cara
8. Xander
9. Cara/Xander
10. Xander/Cara
11. Xander/Cara
12. Damien
13. Arion/Lucien
14. Lucien
15. Xander/Cara
16. Cara/Xander
17. Cara
18. Cara
19. Cara
20. Cara
21. Cara/Xander
Part II: Confrontations
22. Cara/Lucien
23. Cara/Lucien
24. Xander/Cara
25. Arion/Lucien
26. Cara
27. Cara
28. Britt
29. Cara
30. Cara
31. Lucien
33. Cara
34. Cara
Epilogue
Book 3 Announcment

32. Cara/Arion

548 50 8
By SkylerChase29

He felt like coming home.

Lucien's kiss was frigid. And at the same time, it was wrecking havoc on me. I shouldn't be indulging and yet here I was, succumbing to the need he arose within me and breaking my own rules.

I was so goddamn selfish.

Lucien's hand wrapped around my loose hair and tugged, sending pinpricks of pain up my scalp that held my attention for no more than a few seconds. HIs lips devoured mine, moving in sync as I rose on my tiptoes, hands occupied with holding the books against my chest.

"You....." he pulled away, amber eyes swirling with confusion as they met mine and we breathed heavily. "What are you doing to me?" Whispered against my cheek and yet they were like a cold bucket of water over my heated state of mind and body. The bonds in my chest pulled and writhed, a certain amber and blue one wrapped around my heart.

I pushed myself away from him, creating distance as I looked at his swollen lips. The splash of swollen red lips on his otherwise frigid structure sent a thrill of satisfaction through me.

Until--

"My, oh my. How scandalous of the Luna Queen and Shifter General to be having a rendezvous  in a dark corner of the library."

Damien's smile could cut stones. It was that sharp. He was practically buzzing with electric energy, his eyes glowing blue as he stared between me and his best friend.

I lifted my chin in a futile attempt to regain composure, hoping the flush in my cheeks would've vanished. "Prince Damien."

He was hurt. I could feel it in the bond and he was making sure I felt it.

"Are you cheating on your so-called-mate so soon?" His words were harsh, covering up the hurt.

"Pardon?" Evenly, I rose a bow as Lucien took one step away, his hand still wrapped around my waist even though it was wrong.

He simply stared at me, swallowing harshly. His midnight black hair looked freshly styled, a little longer than I last remembered it. and I couldn't stop thinking about how my visceral reaction had just complicated things even more.

I understood where Damien was coming from perfectly. And I wasn't planning on getting close to any of my other three men but gods, I missed them so much. It was like asking a thirsty man to not drink water placed in front of him. My feels ran so much deeper. My memories wanted their touches and affection all to myself.

"Are you done with the farce for power, Cara?" He sneered. "If you wanted to be Queen, I could make you one. You had no reason to pretend to be Xander's mate." 

I stepped away from Lucien's hot touch and felt him flex his hand even though he didn't look at me. "My apologies but it seems you've misunderstood. I am indeed Xander's mate. He is my moon given."

He scoffed, entirely disregarding my statement before looking at Lucien. "And you? You're kissing her? When you know exactly who and what she is to me?"

Lucien didn't back down, his words like a fortress hewn of ice. "It seems she has some connection with me as well. I do not trust her, neither do I care for her. But as long as whatever memory I cannot recall stays in play, I will be a part of her life."

Momentary panic seized my heart even though I looked to be prim and proper on the outside. What was Lucien doing? 

Damien's anger flared and his electric eyes met mine, his fangs displayed in his vicious smile. "You've felt our bond, haven't you? You've blocked me too. Consciously. I am your SoulBond. That is a connection you cannot break." 

What was I to tell him? How would I explain anything? All four of these men were mine, Gods be damned. And soon enough I'd be losing each of them. I was supposed to keep my distance because things were about to go haywire. But I'd been so so stupid. Kissing Lucien? Instigating Arion and Damien? 

"I know. But right now, my duties lie elsewhere."

Lucien had stiffened besides me as I stepped further away and Damien growled. "I don't understand what exactly is going through your head, Cara. But I know you're mine. So don't reject me."

I paused at the threshold and glanced back eventually. "Please don't bring this up in front of Xander. Thank you."

I probably seemed too heartless. But I couldn't afford this misstep. Especially with Damien. Xander was bound to find out but I needed some more time. There were still some plans I had left to execute before leaving. 

I was such an awful person. A true villain. But sometimes, heroes have to become villains in order to succeed. 

•○•

(Arion's P.O.V)

"You have her scent all over you." I hated to even acknowledge it but it was true. 

Lucien was covered in Cara's scent of lilacs and lemons and if his swollen lips were anything to go by, they'd kissed. A surge of possessiveness and anger crawled up my spine but I tamped it down. It'd be no good if we started to fight amongst ourselves.

Lucien and Damien refused to meet each other's eyes and I narrowed mine. Sipping on some more fae wine, I observed them both, waiting for a reaction.

When neither of them broke the silence, I rolled my eyes. "Alright. So Lucien and Cara kissed. Damien saw. He's mad. And now you refuse to clear it up. If I'm not wrong. Cara, my dear Angel, must have walked out without any explanations and left you both to eat dust, no?"

The way they both glared at me, their powers surrounding me, I figured I was right.

I nodded to myself. "Yeah, makes sense. But we can talk about that later. We have more pressing matters."

That got their attention and they shifted in their seats. he common room of the Palace floor where the three of us were staying had been adorned in gold and glitter. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, steepling my hands in front of me.

My eyes met the ceiling decorated with the many portraits of wolves.

Mated or mating wolves. Kind of off putting but I understood what message the Alpha King was trying to send us.

"Well, say it." Damien hissed.

His charming demeanor had been taking a hit. Plus because he hadn't had Cara's blood in a long while, it was making him irrational. Lucien exhaled sharply.

I nodded. "Right. Well....your mother," I pointed to Damien, "Has allied with Killian. Celera is officially a part of his army and their next attack will be on Valeryn."

Lucien and Damien blinked, then exchanged looks and I internally snorted. This was how long they went with their angry farce.

"That's immensely concerning." Lucien tilted his head.

"It is." I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm hoping for allies from Xander and then I'll leave for Valeryn as soon as I can. I'm the King and they're going to try and attack in my absence. I can't have that happen."

"Of course." Damien stiffly nodded. "I'm sorry for....." He snickered, "I don'tt know. My mother picking the wrong side again?"

"Again?" Lucien questioned.

We all paused. 

The statement had felt so natural though. As if history was repeating itself. and this was a regretful choice Kesla had made once more. Confusion made me furrow my brows but it seemed we were once again without an answer.

"I sometimes think she's a witch." I finished the glass of wine, refilling it from the pitcher. "A strong one at that."

We all knew which 'she' I was talking about.

"What are the odds that she's indeed the lost Queen of the Witchlands?" Damien quietly spoke.

I mused, swirling my glass of wine and observing the view of the mountainside outside.

"She couldn't have been deceiving us for so long then. She smelled like a human. Utterly human." Lucien clenched his jaw, legs spread wide like a king on his throne was musing. A cool composure of power.

"Or tasted that human." Damien scoffed. "I know I wasn't wrong. She was human."

"Was being the keyword." I ran a hand through my rust hair. "Something changed after...that Daeva attack and...Sera." My throat still clogged up with emotion.

But both of them nodded in affirmation. 

The thought of Cara had me feeling so off-kilter. Now that I knew Lucien had kissed her too, it made things even more complicated. Xander was apparently her mate. Damien was her SoulBond and I had a feeling she was also my mate. But then shouldn't Lucien and I have been able to feel the bonds? 

Was I supposed to let this go on? Share her? God, no. Couldn't get angry either. The only one o blame here was Cara. She was knowingly messing with all of us. She had to be. I couldn't think of any other explanation.

Lucien narrowed his eyes at the wine in my hand, "It's starting to irk me how we can't access some memories. I feel like they're crucial parts to understanding things."

"That's a given. And I think confronting Cara is the only option we have left now." Damien lounged in his chair, an indolent look on his face but electric eyes blazing.

"I have the scheduled meeting with Xander the day after tomorrow. I'd like you both to be there as well." I  said it nonchalantly but I knew they'd understand the importance of that invitation.

We were in this together. Despite whatever disagreements we all may have with each other, it was something supernatural that brought us together and I felt like I belonged.

"Yes, of course." Flashing me a fanged grin, Damien picked up another filled glass of wine and clinked it against mine.

Lucien nodded as well.

And somewhere in the back of my mind, an image passed.

Of a similar situation, blurry faces. A hearth burning and pleasant laughter sounding. The feeling of home, fulfilling and complete. Warmth. Even  though despair and doom was coming. A feather light kiss and a lilac scent, wine and food. Blankets and books. 

And just as suddenly as it came, the vison passed.

No, not a vision.

A memory.

•○•

AN~

Whew, I know guys. Been a while. So sorry. But I just got my laptop fixed after like 10 months and nobody understands how happy I am to be typing away properly. 

Not gonna lie, I kinda am disconnected with the plot and book, my apologies. I hope the chapter wasn't too bad. It's  just....

There's only like 4 or so chapters left now before this book will be. OVER.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I will be done with Marked Claws so very soon and omg omg omg. To be honest, this book was a bit of a filler and I've go solid romance planned for the next book. Because yk, it'll also be he last book.

But oh well. I know this was a comparatively short chapter. But what are your thoughts on the information from this chapter? How do you think things will be changing?

I hope you've all been taking care of yourselves. I'll be updating soon hopefully. I'm also working on a new mafia romance mwahahahah! That one should be out by August hopefully. Either way, till next time everyone!

~Sky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 4 10
Tiffany-Angelica-valentine a lonely dark and sassy badass, she is a 24 year old who lives in a small unfrequented town where no one visits often due...
3.2K 1.6K 23
When Rin imagined meeting her mate she did not expect their first meeting to be of him wounded and kneeling in her father's throne room slowly dying...
22.5K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
2.1K 178 29
❝ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑓...