RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Here's a polished synopsis: Jack Cooper is an overworked and underpaid adult American, navigating the frustra... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?
Chapter 38: A face unbefitting for a maiden
Chapter 39: Raising a Flag
Chapter 40: When the clock strikes midnight
Chapter 41: A letter to the catacombs
Chapter 42: A companion in the sewers
Chapter 43: Gorgon

Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run

310 16 0
By Lerpa2k2

Last night was a bit chilly.

I sneezed so hard it caused my chest to tighten real good that I thought I was about to die. Thank goodness I am alive~

Other than that....

The issue about some evil people going after Lushea is still a bit hot, so I increased the range of scouting of the drones.

[So hot...........] I am, however, not at the inn currently but is out on a quest.

The forest where I am at is a different one as this was the forest near the dungeon I had visited before. This and that were different since this time I am here alone and not with them.

Just how long are those two away? I already missed them.

[As if we can do anything about that] Well, technically I am not alone.

Ronin is at the distance pushing away the logs that it had cut. I also managed to learn a bit of new knowledge.

Apparently as golems were primarily used as servants by strong magicians, it is common to have them work around instead of just letting it stay at a place. It might be risky if Ronin is away from the inn, but if it never left the place then no one would take the bait.

I can also count that those white armored knights staying at the inn for some time could do something....but I can't figure out how.

Back to the topic....

I am a ranged fighter, not a magician. I also have my non-existent mana pool valued at ZERO. ZERO. Z.E.R.O!

The neighbors already misunderstood that I am a magician, where in fact I am not.

God, misunderstandings sure are hard to deal with, but at least I will use that to my advantage.

[Hmmm, there are people ahead of us that got in first. Well, they already knew about you anyway, so, partner are you ready?]

Brandishing the huge ass sword out from its attachment, Ronin stood beside me as I cocked the charging handle of the spitfire LMG.

[Ready when you are pilot] (Ronin)

[Then, let us roll out...no wait it should be rolling in] I hopped into Ronin's back and hoped for the best.
==================================================
It could be said that on this day, a few adventurers will learn the true power of the metal giant alongside the weirdly costumed dude.

???'s POV

[What's that sound?] (??) A group of 5 people banded together as a party entered the dungeon entrance, loud and earthshaking sound echoed in the place.

[Ah, it must be him again] (??) Equipped with a bow, a female archer voiced her annoyance as she peered over to the direction the sound is coming.

[Wa? Who?] (??) Their equipments were relatively of low quality, likely signs of being new adventurers, except, 2 of them were veterans but are equipped with basic weapons to let newcomers learn.

[That is him, look over there] (??) As his head turned to see the direction his teammate pointed for him, what he saw was not a person, but a giant wielding a huge sword bigger than him.

He can't help but gulp in fear and awe as it passed by them.

[That's an adventurer?!] (??) Baffled by the sight, he then asks them for confirmation.

[No silly! The one on top of it is!] (??)
=================================================
[New adventurers?] I looked at the people behind me as they discussed something while someone from them points his finger at our direction.

Well, that does not matter anymore.

My goal today is to do a solo run in this place until the 10th floor.

With the knowledge imparted by the people I knew, I decided to do this my own way and find out whether I am fit for this or not.

Now that I also remember it, I need to check the new items in my INVENTORY.

{YOU HAVE 30 UNOPENED REWARD BOXES}

[......] Huh? What the...

{OPEN THEM ALL? YES|NO}

[Ahhhhh....oh]

30 boxes of various colour from various achievements I have missed to celebrate because I turned off the notification is piling in my INVENTORY.

[Yes....]

{YOU HAVE OPENED 34 REWARD BOXES! ITEM LIST WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED}

++++++++++++++++++++++++
YOU'VE CLAIMED:
•1 Coreless Simulcrum Frame

•2 Simulcrum Core Chip (Blanks)

•Simulcrum Spare parts package

•5 Spectre Drop pods

•Kraber AM Sniper

•5, .50 Cal, 4 round Sniper Magazine

•RE-45 Automatic Pistol

•14, 9mm, 25 round parabellum extended magazine

•2, sorted ammunition crate

•2, sorted ordnance crate

For once, I felt like I've been relieved from a long day of work or something similar. Yet, I found myself carrying another burden again.

[What the heck is a simulcrum frame doing in the reward box?] Slumped on the ground is an unactivated simulcrum, also known as a robot with human consciousness.

That does not stop from there too....

The amount of weaponry and ammunition I have received from my level up rewards are great.

[Well, at least I will have an assistant in the following bullshits I will be in] Though ,how does one activate this?

I looked through the bot and found no button to power it on, ahhhhh....

A power cable......it has a slot for it in the nape. It must have zero power hence it can't turn itself on.

But... weren't these battery powered? Or did I forgot the lore of the game regarding this? Pah! Such complicated bullshit is already not needed!

[Secure the perimeter and don't allow anyone to go beyond okay?]

[Roger that] (Ronin) I'm now at ease knowing there will be no prying eyes to look at my activities here.

Ahh... I'm still not doing any dungeon related stuff despite being here. I just had to sort the stuff I have received, that's all.

[Hmmmm. So connect it here, then take the titan battery...and...] I obtained a manual on how to activate it in the field.

Still, the corporation sure is fucked up to have thought of putting human memories into the core of a robot with an AI. A soldier after death is still a soldier.

{Simulcrum (Nameless) Charging: 1%}

{Estimated time to fully charge: 48 hours}

[Now then, this should do] With the charging cable docked in its slot, I stored the bot back to my inventory before looking at the mess I created earlier.

I should not have opened the boxes in one go, the clutter of multiple spectre drop pods is just overwhelming. Multiple ammunition and ordnance crates just lied in the vicinity waiting for sorting.l

Based from the number of drop pods, I think the specters should number up from 30 to 36 since there are 6 drop pods.

Nearly humanoid robots with stormtrooper aim......I wonder if these bot will even help so late in the game.

They don't have the IMC logo in them instead they had the MILITIA skull logo in their chest area.

I sorted the clutter out, and then dealt with the next items in the lineup.

[Phew, that was a lot] The new weapons I have obtained were the ones I have originally used in the 1st game like the generic carbine and the infamous KRABER Anti-material Sniper Rifle. Its corresponding ammunition is also given by boxes, and these are limited so I have to wisely make use of them.

Now that I remember it, how much did I leveled up by just doing ordinary adventurer stuff?

[STATUS]

================================================================================

CHARACTER STATUS
NAME: JACK COOPER
AGE: 20 YEARS OLD
RACE: HUMAN
OCCUPATION: [MILITIA] TITAN PILOT LV10 [67/2350]
TITAN: RONIN LV1 [7,987/100,000]

HP: 110/110
ENERGY: 190/200
STR: 17
VIT: 11
DEF: 16
STAMINA: 16
LUCK: 13
STATUS POINTS: 0

SKILLS:
CLOAK LV1
STIM LV1
GRAPPLE LV1
A-WALL LV1
PHASE SHIFT LV1
PULSE BLADE LV1
HOLOGRAPHIC PILOT LV1
SKILL POINTS: +10

PILOT KIT I: FAST REGENERATION LV1

PILOT KIT II: LOW PROFILE LV1

TITLE:
DAVID & GOLIATH
INN RECEPTIONIST
ADVENTURER

================================================================================
[Hmmmmmmm, so only 5 levels have increased in a short amount of time huh.

I looked at the values reflected by the status screen, and these numbers are my entire lifeline. It seems that when you don't check the status screen for long, the status points would be automatically spent on parameters that are essential for example vitality, then next is stamina.

My skills did not increased their levels because I stupidly forgot to spend them...............just why did I forgot about it anyway?

[Uhuh, so now this then] Staring at the skill lineup, I then decided to just increase their level by one

CHARACTER STATUS
NAME: JACK COOPER
AGE: 20 YEARS OLD
RACE: HUMAN
OCCUPATION: [MILITIA] TITAN PILOT LV10 [67/2350]
TITAN: RONIN LV1 [7,987/100,000]

HP: 110/110
ENERGY: 190/200
STR: 17
VIT: 11
DEF: 16
STAMINA: 16
LUCK: 13
STATUS POINTS: 0

SKILLS:
CLOAK LV2
STIM LV2
GRAPPLE LV2
A-WALL LV2
PHASE SHIFT LV2
PULSE BLADE LV2
HOLOGRAPHIC PILOT LV2
SKILL POINTS: +3

PILOT KIT I: FAST REGENERATION LV1

PILOT KIT II: LOW PROFILE LV1

TITLE:
DAVID & GOLIATH
INN RECEPTIONIST
ADVENTURER

================================================================================

Now that seems to be done.....the pilot skills are fixed at level 1 huh. Well, they are perks after all. As if you need the perks to level up some more.

And if I remember it......where was the notification message?

[Ah. there]

{AS FOR THE TITAN, ONE TITAN CAN ONLY BE ALLOCATED EVERY 50 LEVELS, THE MAXIMUM IS TWO AND THE MAXIMUM LEVEL PER UNIT IS 10}

[.......does this mean once I get to be at level 50, I can get another type?] Man, I should have read the notification messages thoroughly before.

------------------------

In the abyss where the afterword resides....

In the deepest and lowest part of the page......

A crack suddenly emerged from the empty space, emerging from it is a winged glowing figure that seems to be a woman.

"Areh? Why am I here?" (??)

"Ah! You, aren't you the angel from that chapter?" (??)

"I dunno....Who are you? If you would please enlighten me with your name"(??)

"I am the being called the afterword....or so that is what I am called. Why are you here?"

"Now that I remember it, I am here to bring good news to the readers!" (??)

"Nani?! A surprise message?!"

The author is now freed from any sunday classes as college classes will only be held weekdays and on Saturdays only. There's also more extra stories coming so please stay tuned for more~

"Huh? But what does that have to do in this section?"

"I dunno?" (??)

".....you don't know?"

If you like the story, please vote and comment your thoughts about this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 152 15
Y/n L/n is no longer alive, or that's what everyone thinks. Turns out you get a second chance, coming back to life as a robotic animal. You meet new...
1.3K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
1.9K 25 14
This is part 1 of Rocket x Oc part 2 coming soon I used to have a beautiful nice life with both my parents that was until my father had passed away j...
4.8M 143K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...