Just a Seat Away -- A JoongDo...

By Tofi_likeskaeya

(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭ ONGOING ~ upload will return soon || might change cover ++Some other characters are included and pos... More

'Yoo Joonghyuk'
'Kim Dokja'
'Stay with me'
'It wasn't locked'
'Cafe - SHORT BONUS CHAP'
'What's wrong with you?'
'Nightmare'
'I'll protect you'
'Do you like me?'
'Absent, yet always there'
'Little Sister - BONUS CHAP'
'Grumpy'
UPDATES DUE TO LATE POSTS LATELY
'What are we'
'Date'

'Wait'

391 20 17
By Tofi_likeskaeya

Yoo Joonghyuk's POV

Joonghyuk moved closer, believing the current situation was just in his mind. Like a dream, he attempted to break the wall and talk to Dokja. In a much more intimate way than usual.

"Kim Dokja." Softly, he ran his finger on Dokja's cheek. His palm started to burn up with the rest of his body. 

"Kim.. Dokja.." He whispered leaning in closer to him. It wasn't like Joonghyuk to make a move like that. 

His vision blurred and he closed his eyes again, resting his head on Dokja's stomach like a pillow. He mumbled while his face rested into his usual cold expression. Joonghyuk's robe slowly slid down his shoulders revealing his muscular figure underneath.

"Uhm.. Joonghyuk.." Dokja carefully pushed Joonghyuk away in attempt to escape. Arms wrapped around Dokja's waist as he tried leaving. "Mmm..." Joonghyuk remained asleep while tightening his hold around Dokja. 

"I'm not your pillow." Dokja shook him harder as he tried moving, but he didn't budge. Joonghyuk slowly opened his eyes again and looked up to see Dokja.

"Didn't you just wake up earlier!? What's the matter with you?" Dokja finally slid out Joonghyuk's hold. His uniform stretched due to his pulls. 

"Was I?" He sat up and rubbed his eye gently while looking at Dokja. Pulling up his robe as he stood up. "Are you feeling better?" Walking to the closet, he disappeared.

"Yeah.." Dokja stood and followed from behind. Numerous images and words cross his mind.

He glanced at him through his peripheral vision. His lips curved upward slightly as he turned back to take some clothes. 

Refusing to exchange their thoughts about what just happened, they were quiet as Joonghyuk picked out his outfit.

"Are you planning to watch me change?" He turned back wrinkling his forehead. "Uh- I'll leave." Dokja quickly paced out his room and closed the door. 

Meanwhile, Joonghyuk took off his robe and looked at the mirror. Turning around, he checked his back. His lips parted while thoughts ran in his mind wildly.

Did he see it?

Trailing down as he looked at the mirror, his scar was a little dark. 

He sighed. Again, his eyebrows furrowed while putting on his clothes.

As he pulled down his shirt, he stared again at the mirror. "What was I even doing?" His lips trembled uttering those words. A hint of regret escaped his breath as he walked back to his room. Glancing at the hands of the clock, he noticed it was already 10pm. 

He walked to his desk and took his bag, putting down some notebooks and books. Upon opening his notebook, he smiled.

Scribbles and doodles filled the page in front of him. It was during class he did this, while he was behind Dokja trying to figure out how he'll ask him to join him for the dumpling event. 

"Good thing this wasn't out.." He mumbled again while resting his chin on his hand, finding a blank page to write on. He opened his text book and heard a loud screech from his door.

Turning back quickly, a young girl entered with a smile. "Joonghyuk!" The girl ran towards him with excitement. Opening her arms as she dived into Joonghyuk's embrace. "Mia..What are you doing here?" He pat her head gently running his fingers through her soft hair. 

"I wanted to see you!" She chuckled and looked up at him. "What are you doing?" She glanced at his notebook. Joonghyuk turned and realized a small chibi of Dokja was on the page. He quickly flipped it and left it at a blank page. "Who's that?" She took his notebook and flipped the pages back to the one with the chibi. "Nothing, just a drawing." He grabbed the notebook from her hands. "Awwh.. Alright." She pouted and turned walking towards the door. "Anyways, there's dinner downstairs! If you haven't eaten yet you should now!" Chuckles escaped her lips as she walked out happily. 

His eyes followed her as she walked out the door. A smile formed on his mouth again and he opened his text book. "I'll eat a little I guess.." He stood up and walked to the stairs. Spotting Dokja fidgeting as he took a few more steps down. 

Now what is this? 

"Kim Dokja." His deep voice filled the room as he reached the bottom of the staircase. 

"Ah-" Dokja turned around quickly once he heard the voice. He didn't notice Joonghyuk at all. It was clear he was in deep thought. Joonghyuk chuckled and walked towards the kitchen. "Are you hungry?"

"A little.. But not really. The dumplings were heavy enough."

"A snack will work then."

Joonoghyuk reached the kitchen and took a plate with some biscuits prepared. A note beside it saying, "I know you've eaten already, but if you get hungry, share this with your friend. - Mom."

His eyes softened and he took the letter and folded it. He held it while bringing the plate to the dining table. "You want some?" Joonghyuk took a biscuit and bit it. He chewed as he sat down on a seat.

"Sure." Dokja walked closer and sat across the table. He took some biscuits again.

The dining room was filled with silence. No one else was downstairs, and the butlers and maids were in another building ready to be called if ever. Joonghyuk's family was either out, upstairs in their rooms, or what. Yoo Mia was probably in her room, he thought.

Minutes pass and the biscuits were finished. "Good night." He stood immediately and took the empty plate before them.

"W-wait!" Dokja stood as well. 

"What?" Joonghyuk looked at him coldly again.

"Ah.. uhm.. Thank you for the dumplings earlier." He smiled and walked away. "Good night..!" 

Joonghyuk paused and watched as he left. Something pounded in his chest and his skin felt like blood was running. Not like he was angry, but a familiar feeling. He sighed and walked to the kitchen putting the plate on the sink and washing it to spare the maids from doing it for him.

Before heading upstairs, he checked the hallway. One of the guest rooms still had lights on. He took a glance and walked closer, listening from outside the door. 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Dokja?! You should've pushed him harder! If you stayed in that position.. Gah!" He heard pillows slammed together. A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he walked away. "Weirdo.." He whispered and walked back to his room upstairs.

With a mind full of scenarios of earlier, his fingertips tapped repeatedly on the desk as he stared at the partly filled page. Barely making any progress at all, he sighs and rests his head on the notebook as his eyes follow the words on his text book. 

12:02 am

"It's late." He sits back up and opens his notebook, adding a few more notes and highlighting some sentences on his textbook. For a few minutes, he does this. 

By 12:30 am, he closes his notebook and textbooks and puts it back in his bag. He zips it and an image of Dokja flashes through his mind again.

He turns his chair and looks at the door. Massaging his forehead with his fingers, he takes a few deep breaths. "I'll just tell him we can take the bus tomorrow.."

Standing up, he prepares for bed again to wake up early the following morning. Resting on his back, he stares up at the ceiling. He claps twice and the lights shut as he falls into slumber once again.

Yoo Joonghyuk's POV -- Dream

"Joonghyuk! Hurry up! We might miss the train." A tall figure stood before him, gesturing with his hands towards himself. A girl with short hair stood beside the figure.

Both of their faces were blurry.

"Who are you?" He approached with hesitance. His usual expression broke and his field of vision narrowed. Almost as if it was making itself focus only on the two people in front of him.

"Huh? Why are you asking that?" The man with the white coat spoke. His hand inserted in his pocket and a chuckle escaped his mouth.

"He must be kidding with us." The short haired woman spoke and entered the train. 

"The doors will close shortly."

The man looked up and sighed. Despite his face being blurred, his mouth was visible. It smirked as he faced Joonghyuk. Reaching his hand out, Joonghyuk took the man's hand. 

A breeze brushed on his face. 

But.. it was like he already knew what was going to happen later in the dream.

They both entered the train and sat across each other. 

"How've you been, Joonghyuk?" Wearing the white coat, his mouth curved upwards again as he spoke. The voice was familiar, but he couldn't understand why. It felt like he could distinguish it but also can't.

Like an auto response was made, Joonghyuk replied. "Good." His voice was in the usual cold tone again. But this time, with a hint of softness and gentleness. 

The train stopped and the three stood up and walked out. The short haired woman went ahead, then Joonghyuk. Behind him, the man with the white coat followed. 

He laughed.

Joonghyuk saw as the man walked ahead of him with the girl and he felt a sense of relief. 

...

Then a part of him told himself to turn back. 

He hesitated, thinking it was just a feeling. That he didn't need to.

But he did.

The train doors closed and a man stood, waving at them with a smile.

For a second, Joonghyuk reached out his hand and had the urge to run back to the train.

"WAIT!" Panic filled his voice. His fingers trembled as he rushed to the train. The man just kept smiling and waving before him as he placed his palm on the window. Joonghyuk's fingers slowly moved forming a few letters on the moist window. "K...I..." 

Then the train began moving slowly.

"W-WAIT!" He walked beside the train and kept writing. His heart pounded quickly and roughly. The face on the other side of the window started to clear up.

"K..I.. M... D.. O. K... J..." Before he could write the last letter, the train moved even faster. He ran and looked at the man with the coat. 

Tears filled the man's eyes and finally, Joonghyuk could see his face. "WAIT!"

...

The train sped up and disappeared, Joonghyuk fell face first and woke up.

Yoo Joonghyuk's POV

"WAIT!" He sat up and gasped. 

Wide open, his eyes shook while tears continuously ran down his cheek. He felt it and began wiping it away. 

Only one image appeared in his head.

...

A man with the white coat.

"He.. was in the train." He whispered and breathed heavily as he tried relaxing. 

Immediately, his hand ran around the bed searching for his phone. Taking it, the bright screen flashed on his face.

5:49 am

"It's still early.." He leaned back down and rested his head. Covering it with his arm as he began breathing normally. He swallowed.

"I can't fall asleep again.." He sat up quickly and clapped his hands again for the lights to turn on. He rushed downstairs and headed to the guest room. 

It was purely on impulse.

It felt like he needed to check on something.

Upon reaching the guest room, he carefully turned the knob and opened the door.

"Young master-" 

He flinched and covered his mouth. Widening his eyes, he looked furiously behind him.

"What?!" He whispered.

"Young master, I apologize for the intrusion. Hhowever, I must ask. What are you doing?" The maid bowed and looked up at Joonghyuk.

"I'm checking.."

"Ah.. I see." She nods. "I'll take my leave then, young master." The maid walks away.

"Darn it." He whispers again and quickly enters the room. 

Sliding swiftly through the small opening he's made, he closes the door and stay on guard.

"Mmm.." He heard a voice mumble.

On the bed laid a man embracing his pillow tightly. Dokja grasped on the pillow while his eyes shut tightly. "Mmm.."

Joonghyuk rushed quickly to Dokja and felt his forehead. It didn't seem hot, so he wasn't sick. He sighed and glanced at his hand. 

Probably a nightmare too..

Should I wake him?

"N-no.." Dokja whispered and squeezed the pillow. This made Joonghyuk kneel down and hide himself in the dark room. "NO!" Dokja sat up breathing heavily. 

We both had nightmares..

"Again.. This hasn't happened in a while.." He rubbed his chest trying to keep himself calm.

"Hm?" Dokja looked down beside his bed noticing something move in the dark.

"Hell no... Whatever is there go the hell away or I'm going to kick you." 

Joonghyuk covered his mouth holding back a laugh.

I'll be found out soon.. 

"WHO'S THERE?!" Dokja quickly took a pillow and swung it around.

Joonghyuk slowly moved towards a more hidden spot. 

"Maybe I'm just imagining things." Slowly lowering his pillow, Dokja sighed. He stood up and flipped the switch turning the lights on. He turned back.

"AGH!" Falling to the floor he scooted and cursed.

"SHIT WHAT THE HELL-"

"Pfft-" Joonghyuk stood up, unable to hold his laugh any longer. "Are you a kid or something?? That was a show!" He covered his mouth while softly chuckling on it. Dokja frowned and screamed at him. 

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!" He took a pillow and smacked Joonghyuk with it. "Hilarious! I should've recorded it." Joonghyuk took a pillow as well and swung it on Dokja. 

They kept hitting each other for a while. Joonghyuk kept laughing while Dokja screamed at him. One of the maids heard Dokja scream and rushed into his room.

"What's wrong?" She opened the door and saw them both slamming pillows against each other. The maid quietly closed the  door and walked away. "It's so early!" She whispered while speeding back to her post.

Moments later, they stopped. Catching their breath, they sat on Dokja's bed.

"Why're you here? It's still too early.." Dokja cleared his throat.

"Not sure." Joonghyuk looked at him while breathing heavily.

"What kind of answer is that?!" He gently punched him on the shoulder and raised his eyebrow.

Dokja took his phone and it was already 6:14 am. He stood up and walked to the bathroom, washing his face and preparing for breakfast. Joonghyuk stayed seated on his bed while looking around.

How long will he stay here..?

He sighs.

I don't want him to leave.

...

..

.

Kim Dokja's POV

Seriously.. what was he even doing in my room? Did he hear me? Did he do anything? God this is killing me..

Gently wiping his face, he looked into the mirror.

It's been bugging me since.. the fact that I think.. I..

"Are you done yet?" Joonghyuk knocked on his bathroom door.

"Why are you even here?! Just go ahead!" Dokja opens the door and looks at Joonghyuk. His eyes again stuck to his. Like magnets attracted each other trying to pull together, my eyes couldn't repel Joonghyuk's. Even though I tried pushing him away.

"Let's go.." He left his gaze and walked out the door. Dokja stared from the bathroom as he left. 

Maybe I should just accept it.

Following behind, he smiled. Dokja closed the door behind him and dressed up quickly before he went downstairs with Joonghyuk.

"Brother..!" Mia ran to the stairs surprising Joonghyuk with a hug. 

That was her sister..?

"That Dokja guy!" She pointed up. In reply to her, he waved awkwardly.

"Don't point.." Joonghyuk wrapped his hand around hers and put it down. He then whispered something in her ear and Dokja stared at the two confused.

He followed down and Joonghyuk pulled away. Mia quickly rushed away after that. 

"What's her name?"

"Mia." Joonghyuk's lips smiled softly. 

His heart pounded as he noticed his lips, he was going to add something. At least, until he got cut off.

"Dear!" Mrs. Yoo rushed to the both of them. Closing the gap with Dokja, she also whispered in his ear. "Were you able to talk to Joonghyuk last night?" Dokja swallowed and nodded. An uncomfortable smile escaped his mouth as he moved away slowly.

"Mom." Joonghyuk looked with a slight hint of annoyance and embarrassment. 

"What? I'm just talking to your friend." She chuckles.

"Why whisper then?"

"Why not? He and I have a small secret." Her hand lands on Dokja's shoulder as she turns her head and winks to him. Dokja got the memo and chuckled back at her.

"Ugh.." Joonghyuk turned and put his cold expression back.

"He's just being a teenager. Anyways, how was your sleep? Is it comfortable in the room you're staying in? If ever you need something, just tell me. I can easily arrange a move for you to another better room." She smiles and rubs Dokja's back gently. "Hopefully your place will be safer when you return. Don't hesitate to contact us if anything happens, okay?"

Dokja's eyes relaxed and he felt as if heavy weight was lifted off of his shoulders. He let out a relieved sigh and smiled. "Thank you, Auntie. I appreciate your kindness." He bowed and smiled. Later, he followed Joonghyuk and got his breakfast as well. 

"Do you want to take the bus today or are you good with the car?"

"I'm fine either way.." He chews his food and looks at Joonghyuk. "Wouldn't you prefer the car though?"

"Hm? I'll be fine whichever you pick."

He paused and gave himself a moment to think as he swallowed his food..

Why was Joonghyuk even taking the bus in the first place if he was rich enough to just have his driver bring him?

What was Joonghyuk doing in the bus that time when we first met?

The thoughts bothered him until he finished his meal. He stood up and brought it to the kitchen sink then a maid stopped him. "I'll take that, sir." She smiled and took the plate from his hand. "Ah- thank you." 

He walked back to Joonghyuk and sat across the table. 

Watching him finish his food, he fell deep in thought again. 

Should I ask him?

"Stop looking, it's uncomfortable.." Joonghyuk looked back him Dokja with a cold gaze. 

"Ah.. sorry." He diverted his attention elsewhere in an attempt to shake off the thoughts.

"What did she tell you?" Joonghyuk passed his plate to the maid beside him and looked at Dokja.

"What?"

"My mom."

"Oh. Nah, it's nothing." He let out a faint chuckle.

"That's not nothing. What is it?"

"Why do you need to know?" Dokja smirked.

"Forget it."

...

..

.

??? POV

He still lives here. That's a relief.

She checkes the name plate outside the mansion.

"Yoo Family."

She sighs and clears her throat before ringing the bell. 

I wonder if he's doing alright.. It's been a year since then..

"Ah.. Ms. Lee. Welcome. The young master is still inside so you're lucky."

"Hi! Sorry for the short notice. Especially that I'm visiting this early. I just need to drop something off." She chuckles as she follows behind the butler that welcomes her in.

They walk to the main door. 

The door opens before the butler even opens it and Dokja and Joonghyuk walk out.

"Joonghyuk..!" She rushes to him and holds the paper bag tight.

She glances at the man beside Joonghyuk. Her silky white hair runs on her back as she turns her head. 

"Ah.. uhm.. I'm Dokja."

"Dokja..? Only child?"

"No.. but also yes.. I mean Dokja is my name."

"Ahh.. Okay. I see. Well, nice to meet you." She smiles and turns to Joonghyuk.

Wearing her school uniform, she seemed like she had just finished dressing up.

"Why are you here?" Joonghyuk looks at her with a softer expression.

"I forgot to bring this back. Haha.. It took a while for me to fix my stuff at home and I found this. It's yours right?" She hands her the paper bag and opens it. Inside contained a few jackets and an umbrella.

"I told you you didn't have to return the umbrella.. but my jacket.. Ah.. Thank you." He took the bag from her and gave it to the maid behind him. 

"What's your name..?" Dokja whispered.

"Hm?"

"Ah, Dokja. This is Lee Seolhwa. I don't think I've mentioned her to you before."

Seolhwa looks at Dokja and smiles again. Her eyes shine under the morning sun, and her lips were slightly tinted. The fresh look made her seem very youthful. She's only a year younger than Joonghyuk.

"Oh, I see." Dokja nodded and greeted her back with a smile. "Are you also heading to school?" 

"Yes. I just wanted to drop this off before I head there. You too?" Her eyes scan them both. A hint of curiosity hits her. Far from her question, a thought crosses her mind.

Why's he in Joonghyuk's house?

"Well then, I'll just greet your mother if that's alright. It would be rude to leave immediately without saying hi to her." 

"Ah.. Joonghyuk will you.. Oh! Seolhwa dear, what brings you here?" Mrs. Yoo walks toward the main door and out. She spots a familiar white haired girl.

"I just returned a few things to Joonghyuk."

"Oh I see. I know you guys have broken up, but I miss seeing your face dear. Visit us from time to time!" She chuckles and holds onto Joonghyuk's shoulder. 

"I don't think Joonghyuk will be comfortable with that, Mrs. Yoo.."

"Oh come on.. If he isn't, then at least visit me dear. You just suddenly stopped visiting one day and Joonghyuk tells me you've broken up. At least come once more the next time. That'll be enough." Mrs. Yoo looks at her with a little hope. She sighs and nods. 

"Alright, Mrs. Yoo. Next time I'll be sure to bring something more suitable for the visit! Right now, I have to head to school."

"Thank you dear. I'll be looking forward to it."

"I'll be off then. Bye Mrs. Yoo, Joonghyuk, and Dokja!" She waves and leaves. The butler follows behind her and brings her to the gate as she leaves.

When she turns around, she notices a slight gaze of disappointment on one of the faces she spoke to.

Why was that guy looking at me like that? Who even is he to Joonghyuk to stay there this early?

...

..

.

Kim Dokja's POV -- inner

Break up? Visit? Jacket? Umbrella? 

...

What did I even expect..?

Of course he would've had a girlfriend.

...

She was pretty..

...

Does Joonghyuk think so too?

...

Of course.. she was his girlfriend.

...

It aches.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 233K 96
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1M 91.6K 142
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
263K 17.9K 20
#2 IN HIS SERIES 𝐕𝐢𝐤𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 The elder son of the Rathore family and the future King of Rajasthan, he was cold, arrogant...
482K 39K 19
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...