For The Press

By Writinglad16

๐—”๐—น๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—ฆ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ โ†ฌ she's your basic, molded into the background, type girl. She does everything she... More

A/n
00. Character Aesthetics
0. Cast
1 - the group of idiots that are my friends
2 - if we're meant to be, we'll see each other again
3 - Alright, so there's a new guy
4 - What about my tour, love?
5 - You have to get this girl to date you
6 - I need to talk to you
8 - Deal.
9 - I'm her boyfriend
10 - I am going over to his house to kiss after all.
11 - Good practice
12 - I was just trying to protect you
13 - don't let them see you cry, whatever you do
14 - No one will ever hurt you again
15 - Tu es trop parfait รชtre traitรฉ รงa
16 - You have a brother?!
17 - We'll just be fake dating with benefits
18 - I feel like fucking you on the couch in broad exposure
19 - It would look a little weird if my girlfriend didn't come as my date.
Bonus Chapter - Asher's POV
20 - My name's Dawson Bentley
21 - Help me survive this
22 - you're okay baby, I've got you
23 - You need to eat
24 - That prick from the charity event?
25 - And what if it's getting hard to act like I'm dating you
26 - Now go back out and act like a good girl
27 - Just tell me to stop, and I will
28 - Want to go on an adventure?
29 - I just wasn't feeling well
30 - Something's wrong.
31 - You're not going to take them away from me
32 - Forever and always

7 - It seems that we've gotten ourselves into a little predicament

154 3 0
By Writinglad16

I told her to meet me outside of the auditorium exit. I tried so hard to be as civil as I could but I was getting pretty ansty with the whole situation and she wasn't helping with her quippy little remarks.

But, in all fairness, the situation I led her to was a little weird, and creepy. So, can't blame her that much.

So, here I am, leaning against my car outside of the auditorium, waiting on Allie, when my phone rings from my pocket. I pull it out and Matt's contact glows on my screen.

Great. Fucking perfect.

Relentlessly I click answer, though. "Is she coming?" He snaps before I even have time to answer the phone.

I close my eyes. "Yes, but I'm taking her to the beach to talk first. She already knows me, let me lay the plan out before you throw money in her face to accept this," I snarl.

"You better make this work Asher."

I sigh. "I'm aware, Matt. You've already told me all the ways you'll kill me if I don't. Wouldn't want to upset the devil himself, now would I?"

"You little-"

The exit door suddenly opens and Allie's pretty face appears. I feel my bones relax instantly when I see her and almost don't even realize that from the other side of the line Matt is absolutely losing his mind.

"Sorry, gotta call you back," I mutter before hanging up and turning around to her.

"You okay?" She asks softly, her voice so caring.

I nod. "Y-yeah. Course, ready to go?" I open the passenger door for her. She looks at me a little suspiciously before nodding and climbing in. I close it behind her.

"Don't screw this up, Asher," I mutter to myself before climbing in on my side, too.

"Okay, so, what did you need to talk to me about?" She asks nervously. I start the car and put my arm behind her seat, looking back as I pull out. "Not here," I mutter.

She takes in an irritated breath. "Okay, well, if we can't talk in the library and we can't talk in your own car, where can we talk?"

I pull onto the road with one hand on the wheel, keeping my eyes steady. I shrug and glance over at her, a slight grin on my lips. "I know a place."

"Where are we going, your house?"

I tense a little. "No, my, uh, my manager's there right now."

She sits back in her seat and looks out the window. "Was that who you were on the phone with?" She asks.

"You sure are interested in my life for someone who seems so irritated with me," I smirk, glancing at her.

Her eyes drop. "I think I have a right to be a little irritated, you drug me out here, after all. No explanation, nothing, just-"

"I know," I interrupt. "I'm sorry, I swear it'll all make sense soon just, just give me time to explain. Please."

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asks.

Lord, she's so sweet. I don't have it in me to answer her, though.

So instead, I ignore the question with another question. "What music do you like?" I ask her.

"What?" She asks, obviously caught off guard. I pull out my phone and my aux and hand it to her. "Asher stop, that's dangerous."

I smile a little at her tone. "You worry too much, love. Pick out something to listen to."

She eventually puts on Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. I smile slightly to myself. Nice taste.

Eventually, I pull into a deserted parking lot in front of an equally deserted beach. Just something I stumbled across when trying to escape the paps.

Allie looks over at me skeptically as I turn the car off. I look over into her doubtful eyes and laugh softly. "Would you just trust me?"

I open the door and jog around to her side and open her door, holding my hand out for her. She looks at it and grins, shaking her head. "You're going to kidnap me, aren't you?"

I grin and shrug. "Come find out."

She slowly places her hand in mine and stands up out of the car. Again, electricity shoots through my hand.

I love her hands. So soft, so delicate. I don't want to let go, so I don't.

I pull her by her hand towards the forest lining. I look back at her when we reach it, worry drenched all over her face. "Okay, through here. Don't worry, it's fine. I've been here before." She nods, still looking worried.

I don't want her to be worried. I want her to feel safe. I try to push away the fact that I myself feel worried too, though. But my main concern is her.

Her hands are so cold. From what I can tell, they are most of the time. It's okay, I can warm them up.

We keep walking until finally we push through and break out onto a small part of the beach. It's surrounded by the woods, but it has sand and water.

I've come here before, it's nice. Peaceful.

Her eyes light up as she stops to look around. "Asher, you've been here for, like, a week, how did you find this?"

I let go of her hand and chuckle. "First off, I've been here longer than a week, second off," I take a seat on the sand and tilt my head to look back at her, "you gotta be knowledgeable of secret places if you're going to get any kind of solitude from the cameras."

I loosen my tie around my neck, it's been suffocating me all day, and run my fingers through my hair. The wind gently blows by and I look up to see it running through her hair.

She looks like a goddess. It's golden hour and the sun is hitting her just right. She's so beautiful.

The sound of the water in front of us fills the silence and I try to take it all in before I start this conversation. Suddenly, she walks over and takes a seat beside me.

"So," she leans back on her hands. "now will you tell me what you have to talk to me about?"

I tense a little and look back at the water. "It seems," I take a breath, "that we've gotten ourselves into a little predicament."

"We?" She chuckles. I look over into her eyes.

"Yeah, we. Remember yesterday when that ball hit you, and you fell onto me?" I ask, looking down.

"Yeah?" She says cautiously.

"Well, a couple of people, and by a couple I mean a lot, may have gotten a picture of it. Specifically, the part where we were face to face."

She readjusts how she's sitting. "Okay... what are you saying?" She asks slowly.

I finally look up and meet her eyes. "They think we're dating. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of pictures all over the internet saying we're together."

Her face goes pale white. "So-so tell them we're not. That it was an accident," she stutters.

She's scared, I can see it in her eyes. Fuck, I screwed up.

I swallow the lump in my throat. "See, that's what I needed to talk to you about. The responses that we're getting are... good. Really good. It seems my fans think I'll be softer and shit like that. They're eating it up."

She looks around, panic evident in her eyes. "So? We're not dating so it doesn't matter, right?" She chuckles nervously.

This isn't going to work. Shit. What now?

"Well, my manager wanted me to ask if maybe, you'd consider.."

"What Asher?" She snaps.

"That you would consider pretending to be in a relationship with me. You know, for the press."

Her jaw drops slightly and her eyes go wide. "You're insane," she jumps up.

"No, no, no, wait please, just let me explain," I stumble trying to get up after her. I grab ahold of her arm and she whips her head around to look at me. "Please."

"No, I won't! This is crazy, we just met and,"

"Ok, ok, look. My manager really wants this to happen. He's willing to negotiate."

She searches my eyes for a moment before snapping out of it and shaking her head. "Absolutely not," she scoffs, starting to walk away.

"We'll pay you!" I shout.

Wow, sudden Asher.

"What? You'll pay me to date you?" She says in disbelief.

I close my eyes and sigh. "Yes, okay?"

She stands for a moment and looks down like she's considering it.

"And, I mean, if you go out with me, no one will mess with you. You'll be covered."

Her eyes meet mine and they soften. I struck some kind of nerve. But I mean it, every word.

She closes her eyes after a minute. "Okay, I-I'm willing to consider it."

I smile and let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I let go of her arm. "Okay, good, um, we don't have much time. For this to work we either have to start or shut it down as soon as possible."

She looks down. "Okay, um, what do I need to do?" She asks in a timid voice.

Stop making her so nervous, Asher.

"Okay, fine. Let's go," she says.

The whole car ride over to my house was silent other than the music she played.

Eventually, I pull up to my house and stop the car. I look over and Allie looks in awe at the house.

This is so fucking embarrassing, why did we have to buy a whole ass mansion.

"So," I break the silence, "couple things before we go in. Matt can be a bit... he can be a lot. Just don't let him scare you."

What I mean to say is if he says one hateful thing to her I will rip his hair out.

"Matt? Is he your manager?" She asks. I nod in response. "Alright, well, let's go see Matt, then." She claps her hands enthusiastically.

I get out and smile as I do. Such a feisty side.

We walk up the long walkway and when we get to the door I put my hand on the glossy doorknob and look back at her.

"After you, love," I smirk down at her, opening the door. She takes one step inside and her jaw drops.

So fucking embarrassing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 29.4K 68
ษขส€แด€แด„แด‡ แด€ษดแด… สŸแดœแด„ษชแดœs. สŸแดœแด„ษชแดœs แด€ษดแด… ษขส€แด€แด„แด‡. Two inseparable best friends. A bond so beautiful that nothing could've broken them apart. But it all changed ๐˜ต๏ฟฝ...
111K 3.1K 48
Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place she never wanted to be in broke her into...
14.7K 568 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
4.1K 93 29
COMPLETEDโœ… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...