Fire Phoenix

By charlewrites

"don't do anything crazy stupid, please" ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 18

458 11 0
By charlewrites

We all went to our own rooms and headed to bed once we got back to the tower.

When I got to my room I sat on my bed and saw that my phone was next to me. Dick must have put it there, I thought.

I saw there were many messages from Jason asking where I was, how I was and why I am not answering.

I didn't feel like explaining it to him, so I would just keep it simple.

                                                                                                              I'm okay, rough night, but I am fine. Just

                                                                                                                       tired so can we talk in the morning?

He answered fast, so I guess he was still awake, it was late but he might have been at patrol.

Okay, as long as you are alright. Goodnight!

                                                                                                                                                                    Goodnight!

For the first time in my life in a while at least, I wanted to say something else other than goodnight.

No, No, No. I can't think this way, what if he doesn't like me that way and plus I love you never ends well with me, so no don't think this way. I thought.

I laid back in the bed and rolled over to the side to put my phone on the side table and shut my eyes.

"You're such a disappointment. You will never be good enough. You killed us!" I heard my parents' voices shout in my head as I jumped out from the bed, breathing heavily.

"Great, the nightmares are back." I said to myself. When my parents first passed away, I had nightmares for years because of it. They were just about that night, but recently I met Rachel, Kory, Gar, Dick, and Jason. They seemed to only come once in a while and not every night, but now they're back thanks to those stupid doctors.

I laid in bed for what felt like years, trying to get rest but kept hearing the voices in my head every time I shut my eyes.

After laying down for a few hours and getting a total of 2 hours of sleep that night, I decided to get up. I heard footsteps walking around the tower, so at least one person was up.

I left my room and walked into the dinning room, to see everyone eating breakfast at the table. "Hey, how are you doing?" Dick asked me.

"Tired but fine." I said with a fake smile. I sat down next to Rachel who seemed a little sad. "What's going on?" I asked the group.

"Rachel's mom has a house in Ohio that could be our new secret base that we're all going to go to." Gar said joyfully, "Except Dick." Rachel said with an attitude.

I looked over to Dick whose smile faded. "Well not to make you anymore pissed, Rachel, but I can't go either." I spoke.

Rachel turned her head extremely fast along with everyone else bringing the attention to me. "Why?" Rachel asked.

"I have something to do back in Detroit. I promise I will be back, but I need to be alone right now." I frowned. "Okay, but you have to be quick." Gar said, trying to lighten the mood.

"We are all here now, so let's enjoy breakfast made by our personal chefs." Kory joked. "You hungry, Em?" Dick asked me.

"No, I'm fine, not really that hungry." I fake smiled, "I will just have some water." I added as I got up from my seat to grab some water.

I went to walk back to my seat but was distracted by the voices again. "Are you really going to leave them, your only family? Remember you killed the last ones." I started to tear up and looked at the group who looked at me a little concerned.

"I'm fine, okay. Just tired like I said, maybe I will take a long nap on my way back home." I joked as I continued to walk to my seat.

I sat down next to Rachel like before. Everyone continued eating and talking about whatever. I was distracted from the conversation when I felt a hand touch mine. I looked down to see Rachel's hand holding mine.

She held softly at first but then squeezed more as she looked back up at me with a, you are okay, face. I locked eyes with hers and we just stayed there for a minute, she must have seen and heard what was going on in my head.

We continued to eat and chat with everyone for another half and hour or so until everyone left to go pack and get ready to leave.

When I went to my room, I saw a missed call from Jason. I picked up the phone and called him again and to my surprise he answered quickly.

"Hey, sorry I missed your call. We were eating breakfast." I first spoke. "You're fine, I just wanted to check up on you." Jason said

"I'm fine, just tired still but..." I started and paused for a minute before continuing again. "I was wondering, if after I visit my home in Detroit, I come see you?" I asked, squinting my eyes, waiting for his response of no.

"Yes, only you right? Are you guys splitting up?" Jason asked without hesitation. "Yes and no. Dick and I are leaving to do our own thing while everyone else goes with Rachel's mom who we saved last night." I said quickly.

"Okay, as long as it's you. I think Bruce could trust you to stay home alone with me compared to some of the others." Jason said. "Home alone?" I asked, "Yea, him and Alfred are at some Justice League thing, so I am here all alone." Jason cheered through the phone.

"And there's still a mansion, all in one piece." I joked. "Yes, I am not that stupid and I can handle myself and a huge ass mansion." Jason said annoyed with my comment.

"Okay, if you say so. I think the others will be done packing soon. So I should hurry up." I said changing the subject. "See you soon then, be safe." Jason spoke sweetly back.

I smiled at the wall thinking about what he said. "See you soon, don't do anything crazy stupid." I joked back. "I promise." Jason said as I hung up the phone.

I continued to get some things together. There wasn't much but I could get more when I go back to Detroit.

Everyone had everything they need and we all left the tower and stood outside the building ready to say our goodbyes.

"So, what? This is the end of the team?" Gar asked as we walked down the streets. "Technically, we were never really a team–" Dick started.

"Oh, we were a team." Kory corrected. I nodded my head in agreement. "I'll see you all again sometime." Dick continued.

"And I will too, I promise." I added, "And I put my number in your pockets, so call me whenever you need." I said holding up my phone.

"Where did you get, that anyway?" Dick asked. "That is a different story for another time." I smiled.

We stood there for a moment before Dick spoke again. "Rachel.." She stood there in silence looking away from everyone, still pissed, hopefully only at Dick, I thought.

"She'll be okay." Kory said as she pulled Dick aside. We all stood there awkwardly waiting for them. There was definitely something going on between them, I thought.

After a few moments of them talking, Dick started to walk off but was stopped when Rachel ran over to him pulling him in for a big hug. "Asshole," She joked, pulling away.

"You sure you're gonna be okay?" Dick asked, "What do you think?" Rachel answered.

Dick started to walk off again. "Wait, I get one too." I yelled as I pulled him for a hug. "Be safe," Dick said as he pulled away. "Promise, see you soon." I waved as he walked to his car.

He pulled away as we all watched him. "My rides here." I pointed to the honking car next to us. Rachel pulled me in for a hug and so did Gar. "Don't make a secret room without me." I joked to the two as they pulled away.

I walked over to Kory and pulled her in for a hug. "Keep them safe." I said as I pulled away. "I promise, and keep yourself safe, the world can be a bit crazy." She joked.

The taxi driver beeped harder and louder. "Coming" I yelled, "I got to go." I said as I turned to walk over to the car.

I started to get in the car as I waved goodbye to everyone. Now off to Detroit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 273 14
─ "π‘Šπ‘’'π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‡π‘–π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘  π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑃𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑠 π‘ π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’! π‘Šπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘’ 𝑒𝑝 π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑀𝑒 π‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘™! Β© Katherine, 2021 Fem!OC x Jason Todd [Ti...
28.6K 599 21
❝Tell me Atlas: What is heavier, The world or its people's hearts?❞ Sam never expected her life to end up this way, turned upside down by an infamous...
5.5K 199 8
"couldn't you at least be likable?" "not my thing, bird boy." [NIGHTWING x OC] [YOUNG JUSTICE AU] [BATFAM x OC] β†’ if you l...
3.8K 191 23
The story in which a girl from Gotham wants nothing more than to remain invisible, but the crime fighting Robin won't let her. [Titans Season 1-4]