Second Chance (Taekook)

By My_IntrusiveThoughts

He spent his whole life chasing after a guy, wanting love, running after it. Desperately grasping at anything... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER - 1
CHAPTER - 2
CHAPTER - 3
CHAPTER - 4
CHAPTER - 5
CHAPTER - 6
CHAPTER - 7
CHAPTER - 8
CHAPTER - 9
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER -13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
CHAPTER - 39
CHAPTER - 40
CHAPTER - 41
CHAPTER - 42
CHAPTER - 43
CHAPTER - 44
CHAPTER - 45
CHAPTER - 46
CHAPTER - 47
CHAPTER - 48
CHAPTER - 49
CHAPTER - 50
CHAPTER - 51
CHAPTER - 52
CHAPTER - 53
CHAPTER - 54
CHAPTER - 55
CHAPTER - 56
CHAPTER - 57
CHAPTER - 58
CHAPTER - 59
CHAPTER - 60
CHAPTER - 61
CHAPTER - 62
CHAPTER - 63
CHAPTER - 64
CHAPTER - 65
CHAPTER - 66
CHAPTER - 67
CHAPTER - 69
CHAPTER - 70
CHAPTER - 71
CHAPTER - 72
CHAPTER - 73
CHAPTER - 74
CHAPTER - 75
CHAPTER - 76
CHAPTER - 77
CHAPTER - 78
CHAPTER - 79
CHAPTER - 80
CHAPTER - 81
CHAPTER - 82
CHAPTER - 83
CHAPTER - 84
CHAPTER - 85
CHAPTER - 86
CHAPTER - 87
CHAPTER - 88
CHAPTER - 89
CHAPTER - 90

CHAPTER - 68

1.7K 97 33
By My_IntrusiveThoughts

The Press Conference Pt.2

~*~ Flashback Continued~*~

Taehyung was in different car than the lead actor and actress when they reached the venue of press conference. The lead couple had to walk on the red carpet together and Taehyung will go by himself. Soon the car reached the venue. The number of reporters and people gathered there were astonishing.

The lead actor and actress were the first one to walk on the red carpet and as they entered, the flashes of camera and screaming of people began. Taehyung was sitting inside his car when the staff came there to inform him that he will be the next one going on the red carpet.

Taehyung took a deep breath and stepped out of the car with Jimin. Jimin gave him an assuring look and went towards the backstage.

As Taehyung was walking on the red carpet, the flashes of camera became more intense. The screaming of people and questions from the reporter also increased. Taehyung calmly walked to the centre and bowed towards the people. The reporters started screaming his name to pose for them. Taehyung smiled at them and posed for everyone.

After posing for few minutes he bowed and started to walk. He was near the venue door when a boy lunged over him, shouting.

"Jeha is better than you. She should have gotten this role."

The force at which the boy lunged at him was enough to make him fall. Luckily the guards with him were watching closely and acted quickly to help him. Other guards also came and took the boy out of sight.

"Sir, are you okay?" One guard worriedly asked as he helped him stand straight, Taehyung nodded but his face scrunched in pain and he hissed a little when he felt a sting in his ankle. He felt that his ankle is sprained and he hate that. It was the bad time.

Taehyung bit his lips before smiling as he tried to hide his pain.

"Yeah I am okay." He smiled assuring everyone, then he tried to walk normally as he could because he didn't wanted to ruin his first ever project.

Meanwhile with Jeongguk

Soobin who was standing beside his President sir felt as if he was in Antarctica. He felt the temperature of room going down immediately when his president sir saw Mr. Kim being attacked and almost falling on the red carpet.

His President Sir was fuming and his eyes were filled with anger when some idiotic and ruffian guy lunged himself at Mr. Kim.

Jeongguk was tempted to go on the venue and drag that boy who dared to harm his baby but he somehow controlled himself. He didn't wanted to make matter worse for his Taehyung than it has already became.

Soobin started praying after seeing his president sir's anger. He wished for Mr. Kim to be okay or the hell break will loose. He almost cried in relief when he saw Mr. Kim standing up and walking without any pain.

"President Sir, Mr. Kim is alright-" Soobin said but before he could finish his president sir cut him off in the middle.

"I want every single details of that boy within an hour. Every. Single. Detail." Jeongguk said as he kept looking at Taehyung's face. The last words spoken by him were flat and filled with rage.

Soobin gulped and nodded. He called the IT department of Jeon Inc. and passed the order of his president sir to them. Jeongguk didn't moved his gaze from Taehyung's face as he knew his order will be fulfilled.

On the Venue

Taehyung was walking towards his seat, he could feel his ankle swelling. He very carefully took his seat and sighed in relief when he relaxed his leg a bit but the pain was still there. He just smiled and talked normally with his co-actors and staff without giving any sign of pain.

Taehyung thought went to Jeongguk. He knew other would be worried for him. He also knew if the other came to know about his sprained ankle he would be angry, livid would the correct word to use, so he maintained his smile on his face.

Soon the press conference started. First all the questions were asked from the lead couple and when Taehyung's time came the number of reporters asking question multiplied.

"Mr. Kim this is your first full length project from the time you started working in the entertainment industry. May we know why?"

"Yes this is my first full length project since the beginning of my career and there are no reason why didn't chose any project earlier. I just wanted to explore more and make myself mentally and physically stable for this industry by doing small projects initially. To make myself comfortable with the demands in the industry."

"Mr. Kim not to be rude but why did you chose a second lead role for your first project. I am sure there would be a lot of offers for main lead offered to you? Don't you think it would be good if starred in the project as Main lead?"

"I chose this role because it was one of the best written role out of the one I was offered and that's what matter, a good script with a good role. And I don't think that I would have to work as a main lead in my first project. Every newcomer start from the bottom and that's what I did. Even if I did some small projects in past but I am still immature. I know about myself and I don't think I am prepared to act as a main lead. Maybe after the end of this drama I will be prepared." Taehyung answered with a smile.

"Mr. Kim you are heir of Kim family. Why did you chose to work in a low budgeted drama?"

"It doesn't matter that I am Heir of some rich family. I am still an immature and somewhat new in this industry and no big label would want to cast a new artist unless they know about his capabilities and I did not want to use my status to earn myself a role. I decided to work in this drama because as I said earlier the script was good and the role offered to me was promising. The budget of the drama is not that low as all you guys are thinking it is. Yes, it is low compared to other big projects but still it is more than enough." Taehyung replied with a smile.

Suddenly there was a commotion among the crowd and someone shouted.

"Liar. I know you used your status to get this role. Other wise why would they chose you instead of Park Jeha?"

And soon other people joined and the press conference became chaotic. Taehyung didn't knew how to respond. He can say that he didn't but will people believe it. No, because that's what people do they believe what they want to believe and will not even spare a glance even if truth is in front of their eyes.

But what he didn't understand was why they are bringing Jeha in this. Jeha was not even part of show nor did she auditioned for it. Taehyung was sure it wasn't Jeha who planned this, because if she was the one who planned this she would not allow them to use her name so openly. It was someone who was trying to attack him while hiding behind Jeha's name.

Before he could say anything, the director did.

"Please don't accuse us of anything like this. Miss Park didn't auditioned for the drama. Mr. Kim got this role because he was the best out of people who auditioned."

"How would we believe you? You could be lying." Someone yelled among the crowds and the matter started turning worst with people shouting at them.

"I can show Mr. Kim's audition clip to you. Will you believe after that?" The director replied as he motioned his staff to play the clip. Taehyung's audition clip was played and by the time it ended it took away all the doubts that were in people's mind. There was silence in the venue. They were mesmerized by his acting and how he adapted to the role. Now, they were more excited about the drama.

"I hope now you all understand why Mr. Kim got the role. If I see someone accusing us we will take legal actions against them. Thank you." The director said and the press conference continued.

"Mr. Kim firstly congratulations on the success of your recent Adventure Show and your acting in the audition clip has left me spell bounded.. My question to you is what would you say about your growing closeness with Heir Jeon? You both look beautiful together."

"Thank you for loving my last show and Thank you a lot for the compliment but I would not like to answer this question as this press conference is for my professional life and not my personal life."

And the reporters kept asking questions and Taehyung kept replying to them maturely. Everyone present there couldn't help but be impressed with the ease and maturity Taehyung answered the questions. They started admiring his public speaking skills.

Soon the press conference ended. Jimin immediately ran towards Taehyung. He hugged Taehyung and whispered in his ears.

"You did good Tae. Jeongguk is in the parking lot waiting for you. You go with him I'll take care of everything here." and broke the hug.

Taehyung nodded and started going towards the parking lot. He tried to hide his pain as much as he can and cheerfully greeted everyone who met him on the way to parking lot.

"Good Evening Mr. Kim." Soobin greeted him with a smile as he opened the door for him.

"Good evening Soobin. Thank you." He replied and entered the car. But as soon as he entered the car, he felt something different. He saw Jeongguk leaning on the backseat with his sleeves flooded up to his elbow and his coat lying on his side.

"Hey Ggukie." Taehyung cheerfully greeted him and kissed his cheeks but frowned when Jeongguk didn't greeted her back but instead kept looking at him.

Jeongguk then sighed and gently took Taehyung's left foot and kept it on his lap. Taehyung was surprised to see that he knew about his foot. No one sensed or knew since he was acting normally. He didn't said anything just kept staring at Jeongguk as he removed his shoes.

"Why did you endured this? Why did you hide your pain, Bub? You don't have to hide it, not in front of me, Baby." He gently asked making Taehyung feel the warmth in his voice.

Taehyung can be strong in front of everyone but whenever he is with Jeongguk he feel like he is made of glass who would break any moment. Jeongguk make him feel soft and delicate. He don't know whether it is a good thing or bad.

"I didn't wanted to ruin this event." Taehyung answered honestly making Jeongguk glance at him with his eyebrows furrowed before he let out a sigh.

"Soobin, let's go to Jeon Mansion." Jeongguk ordered and Soobin immediately compiled with it. He never knew that Taehyung was injured but his president sir sensed it. That's why his president sir had asked him to get ice pack while ago.

"Jeon Mansion?" Taehyung asked and stared at Jeongguk as he was gently putting ice pack on his swollen foot.

"Hmm. Mom knows some traditional home made remedy for sprained ankle. Don't worry I already informed Hyung." Taehyung smiled as he touched Jeongguk's face.

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me Bub. Its my duty to take care of you. And I promise you this will not happen again."

Taehyung just smiled and kissed Jeongguk lightly on his lips. They drove towards the Jeon Mansion with his leg still on Jeongguk's lap and Jeongguk applying ice pack on it.

~*~ Flashback ends ~*~

Taehyung jolted from his thoughts when he felt someone shaking him. He opened his eyes and looked at Jimin who was looking back at him with concern.

"Are you okay, Tae?"

"Yes Chim. What happened?"

"Nothing you were just not responding to my calls. We reached Korea. Let's go. Your family must be waiting for us."

Taehyung smiled as he stood up and picked his bag.

'Finally I am back in Korea.'

__________________________________________________

Here is the next chapter.

How was it? Let me know your thoughts.

If you don't remember this and last chapter were flashback that Taehyung was thinking when he was on his flight back to South Korea after he finished shooting for drama in Singapore.

I don't know how press conference actually happen or did they can release audition clip but let's assume they do. 😅

Thank you so much for reading.♥️♥️

Stay safe and healthy. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 1.1K 33
"I hate you Jeon Jungkook" , "You think you hate me? You've no idea what you're playing with. But deep down, you know you're Mine, And no amount of h...
217K 18.3K 60
A dedicated and passionate patissier could have never imagined his soft delicate hands would come across as the embodiment of rough and tough in the...
53.3K 3.1K 40
Jungkook takes a day off work to go drink at a bar to relax from everything happening in his life. There, he runs into a prosecutor who might just be...
300K 12.8K 34
Taehyung is gorgeous, everyone knows that. Everyone including Jungkook who finds himself quickly intrigued by the beauty he's never laid eyes on befo...