ASPHYXIA | NewJeans x Reader

By rg4062

What happens when a girl falls in love with someone with a troubling past? *includes violence, LOTS of violen... More

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14
PART 15
PART 16
PART 17
PART 18
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25
PART 26
PART 27
PART 28
PART 29
PART 30
PART 31
PART 32
PART 33
PART 34
PART 35
PART 36
PART 37
PART 38
PART 39
PART 40
PART 41
PART 42
PART 43
PART 45
PART 46
PART 47
PART 48
PART 49
PART 50
PART 51
PART 52
PART 53
PART 54
PART 55
PART 56
PART 57
PART 58
PART 59
PART 60
PART 61
PART 62
PART 63
PART 64
PART 65
PART 66
PART 67
PART 68
PART 69
PART 70
PART 71
PART 72
PART 73
PART 74
PART 75
PART 76
PART 77

PART 44

161 6 7
By rg4062

Narrator

NewJeans were back to work a few days earlier than expected, and the double date was cancelled.

"You ever done this before?" Y/n asked Cheol.

"Nope, first time." He replied. "How does this work?"

"Just wait until they finish and get them through the hordes of people afterwards." Y/n explained.

"And no killing allowed! Not every person that gets too close deserves to have their ass kicked, got it?" Y/n scolded.

"Y/n, I'm nervous." Danielle said.

"Don't be." Y/n comforted. "Everyone huddle up."

"Go out there and absolutely kill it, like usual. Fighting!" Y/n hyped.

Cheol's POV

They go out on stage and prepare.

A few minutes into their performance, I realise that Haerin is really talented.

I peek my head around, and I just pause there, staring at Haerin.

"Cheol, what are you looking at? Come back here!" Y/n hissed. "The cameras and people can see you!"

I quickly go backstage, and pretend nothing happened.

"Sorry," I apologised.

"Don't worry about it," Y/n sighed. "Just pray the cameras didn't catch you,"

Y/n's phone then rings.

"Yeoboseyo?" They said. "Haruto? That you? Man, how've you been? Alright, I'll catch you later."

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Oh? That was Haruto Watanabe, we went to the same middle school." They said. "He just plays video games now, and he got my number somehow."

"Huh," I thought nothing of it.

"They're almost done, so finish up that peach energy drink thing and get ready," Y/n guided.

Haruto's POV

"On the left! On the left!" My online friends yelled over their microphones. "He's almost down!"

My friend turns the corner and died instantly.

"Gaaah, is he cheating?" My friend groaned.

"Haruto, it's up to you, if you don't win, you have to replace your profile picture with a girl!" He teased.

"Where? Where's he camping?" I said.

There's chattering over the voice chat as a bullet flies into my head, making us lose.

"God dammit!" I grunted.

"Ha ha ha!! Now Haruto has to become an online girl!" They teased.

"Yeah whatever, send me the profile picture." I said.

"It's in our messages," ParkDog said.

I check the messages.

"Woooww, she's pretty! Who is that?" I asked.

"That's NewJeans' Danielle," Aspect1 said. "You should check them out."

"NewJeans? I'm pretty sure Y/n works for them." I thought to myself.

"Alright guys, I've got taekwondo class in 30 minutes, I'll see you all tomorrow!" I said before logging off.

Y/n and I were best friends in middle school. I've been doing taekwondo since elementary. Y/n was bullied a lot, and we separated when we went to different high schools.

We lost touch mostly because Y/n went their way and I spent most my time at gaming cafés.

I get changed and head out to practice.

I was walking there, when Y/n sent me a text.

"Hey, you should meet my new friends. It's been ages, it'd be awesome" Y/n texted.

"Sure, where?" I texted back.

"How about that bbq place we went to when we were younger?" Y/n texted. "8pm tonight."

"Sure, no problem." I texted.

-

I walk back home after my taekwondo session, and hop in the shower.

"Crap, I'm gonna be late." I said to myself.

By the time I was ready, it was 7:50. I had to jog there.

The jog broke into a sprint, and when I got there, I knocked over a girl.

"Ow!" She groaned.

"Sorry!" I apologised, helping her up.

Her face looked a little familiar. It's the girl in my profile.

"Wait! Are you NewJeans' Danielle?" I asked.

"Haruto!!" Y/n appeared. "Wow, look at you now!"

"Y/n! Man, how you been? Putting on muscle nowadays, huh?" I greeted.

"Come on, you must be hungry," Y/n welcomed.

I got to the table and were greeted by a group of pretty girls.

"Guys, this is Haruto Watanabe! We were middle school friends." Y/n introduced me. "Haruto, this is Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Haerin, and Hyein."

"Little Shit works for you all?" I said.

"Who?" Minji asked.

"Kim Cheol, that's his name in the streets." I explained. "Young and feisty. No one dares to fuck with him."

"So, Haruto." Minji judged. "What do you do?"

"I'm thinking of taking taekwondo professionally, or I'm going to become a pro gamer." I said.

"No school?" Minji questioned.

"I don't need it," I said.

"Hey, forget school," Hanni said. "Just look at Cheol here, he's perfectly fine."

"Sup?" I said to him, and he nodded back.

We talked and laughed the whole time, and before we knew it, it was already late.

"Hey, Danielle." I said. "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

"I'm taken." She said confidently.

"Oh? Who's the lucky one?" I asked.

"It's me." Y/n said.

"Oh, sorry." I apologised.

"No need, you didn't know." Y/n said.

"Hey, Haruto, since you've got nothing better to do, come stay with us in the dorm building!" Hanni offered.

"But I'm supposed to play with my friend- y'know what, sure why not?" I said. I'd never been this close to a group of girls this pretty.

In the car, I decide to go on my phone and search up "NewJeans".

"Wow, they're pretty good." I thought.

"What are you watching?" Haerin said, leaning over to look at my phone.

"N-nothing!" I said in embarrassment, hiding my screen.

"Come on, I'm sure it's fine." She said. "Ah, you're watching our shows?"

"Y-yeah." I said.

"That's nothing to be embarrassed about." She said.

We arrived and we climbed out of the car.

"Bedrooms are over there, and everything else is self explanatory." Y/n said.

"You guys have PCs here?" I said. "Wow, and they aren't cheap either!"

"We rarely use them though." Y/n said.

"May I?" I pleaded.

"Go ahead." Y/n said.

I opened the computer and boy was it fast. I installed a few games and the messaging app me and my friends used.

"Haruto, you drink?" Minji asked.

"Sometimes, why?" I said.

"C'mon, in the living room." Minji said.

I sat down and got myself a drink. We talked and reminisced about old times for a bit.

It's safe to say I was pretty drunk.

"Come on, Danielle, go out with me." I begged.

"What? No!" She refused. "Like I said. I'm taken. You can choose anyone else."

Y/n's POV

Haruto constantly hitting on Danielle was slightly getting on my nerves now.

"Cut it out." I said coldly. "Danielle's mine."

Danielle stuttered and blushed before crawling into my arms.

"Y/n, come on!!" Haruto pushed. "You owe me."

"What do you mean?" I said.

"I stopped you from getting bullied in middle school, now's the time for you to return the favour," he winked.

Haruto was always out of pocket whenever he was drunk, especially when he interacted with girls.

"What the hell are you trying to say?" I pressed.

"Just let me and Danielle have some time in private." He slurred. "We'll be finished before you know it."

"Okay, it's pretty obvious you need to go to sle-"

*SSLAPPPP!!*

"How dare you talk about me like that!?" Danielle said, disgusted.

"Oww, baby.. that hurt," Haruto kept going.

Danielle slapped him again.

"I'm not your baby!" She yelled.

"Danielle, calm down." Minji said. "And Haruto, if you keep behaving like this you'll have to leave."

Haruto then put his hands on Danielle, trying to hit her.

Danielle shook and yelped, like something shocked her.

I rose up and stood against him.

"Don't fucking do that, you hear me?" I warned.

"You really think you can beat me?" He said. "I was your saviour. I am an 8th degree black belt in taekwondo."

I death stared him, saying "I'm different from back then."

"When I beat you, Danielle will belong to me, correct?" He slurred.

I fake lunged at him to scare him, and he got angry, shoving me.

He tried rushing me, but Cheol put his foot on his chest.

"Move it, go to sleep." He ordered. "Apologise when you're sober."

"Hmph, whatever." Haruto groaned, leaving.

"You okay?" I asked Danielle, settling down and calming.

"Don't ever leave my side, okay?" Danielle said.

"I won't. I promise." I said.

"Right, Haruto leaves first thing in the morning." Minji said.

"Aw man, he was actually smoking hot too," Hanni commented.

"No, let him stay." I insisted. "He's a good person, just when he isn't drunk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 563 22
Minji and Hanni are known by everyone for their rivalry in school but nobody knew about their enduring love. Separated by circumstances, distance and...
44.3K 2.5K 25
Pham Hanni's father needs to pay his debts to his ex boss and he will have to use his daughter in order to live since his money isn't enough. Pham Ha...
1.6K 86 13
A self insert fanfic where y/n breaks up with Haerin and they get back together after meeting each other accidentally. Y/n had been expecting a break...
6.4K 632 20
Nothing is worse than seeing your loved one die in your own arms. Minji watched with a heavy heart as Hanni took her last breath and her soul left he...