ASPHYXIA | NewJeans x Reader

By rg4062

What happens when a girl falls in love with someone with a troubling past? *includes violence, LOTS of violen... More

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14
PART 15
PART 16
PART 17
PART 18
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25
PART 26
PART 27
PART 28
PART 29
PART 30
PART 31
PART 32
PART 33
PART 34
PART 35
PART 36
PART 37
PART 38
PART 39
PART 41
PART 42
PART 43
PART 44
PART 45
PART 46
PART 47
PART 48
PART 49
PART 50
PART 51
PART 52
PART 53
PART 54
PART 55
PART 56
PART 57
PART 58
PART 59
PART 60
PART 61
PART 62
PART 63
PART 64
PART 65
PART 66
PART 67
PART 68
PART 69
PART 70
PART 71
PART 72
PART 73
PART 74
PART 75
PART 76
PART 77

PART 40

157 6 4
By rg4062

Narrator

Haerin begins her search for anything peach flavoured, and a cat-related gift.

Haerin's POV

I look around the small store with a smile on my face. This new information was completely unpredictable, especially for someone like Cheolie. And made him a little cuter.

I find an adorable little stuffed cat, along with a cat beanie, and add it to my basket.

I hear two familiar voices somewhere, and I listen in.

"It's good, right?" He said.

It was Cheolie. He's here!

I run around, trying to find him.

When I reach him, I find out he's with someone else. Another girl.

Eunchae.

She was pushing him around on his wheelchair, and they were listening to music through OUR earphones.

"Haerin?" He said with a hopeful expression on his face.

"Oh, Kang Haerin! What are you doing here?" Eunchae asked in surprise.

My heart sunk to my stomach seeing the two sharing music. Music was me and Cheolie's thing. She had no right to take it away.

I would've gone feral at Eunchae, but I knew I didn't stand a chance.

Did he ignore my text because he was with Eunchae?

"C-Cheolie... what are you doing with her?" I asked quietly, approaching him.

"I figured you didn't want me around anymore, yknow?" He said.

"You did kick him out... right?" Eunchae asked.

I stopped in my tracks and stood there, looking at them. Cheolie looks so happy with her. What am I doing wrong?

I was speechless, and Eunchae started getting all touchy with Cheolie, pinching his cheeks and playing with his hair.

"Don't mind her," he said. "She's always like this."

I couldn't take it anymore. I dropped my basket and sprinted out, trying to prevent tears from bursting out.

I ran all the way home, and shut the door. I crouched in front of the door, sobbing.

I eventually moved myself back into my room, and laid in bed. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate.

"How did it go?" Hyein messaged me. I had told her all about how I was going to make it up to Cheolie.

I slowly starting typing and told her.

Cheol's POV

"Should we go after her?" Eunchae asked.

"Just a second," I said, wheeling towards Haerin's basket.

Her basket had all sorts of things peachy. From snacks to drinks. There was even a nice little stuffed cat.

I started to realise what this was all about. Haerin realised that she was wrong, and she was doing everything she could to get me back.

She probably sought guidance from Chaewon, and Chaewon told her what I was into.

I pulled out my phone to check the group chat, and I had a bunch of notifications.

Including one from Haerin that said, "Cheolie, please come back. I was wrong." With a sad face emoji.

I checked the rest of the messages, and I had missed loads from Chaewon and Hyein.

"Cheolie, go get that girl." Chaewon texted. "You two are meant for each other, I know it."

"Cheol, go back to Haerin, right now!" Hyein texted with an angry face emoji. "Do you have any idea how she's feeling?"

I feel like such a crappy person.

"I'm going after her," I told Eunchae.

"Stubborn as always," she commented.

I picked up something Haerin would like on the way out. A frog hat.

I got to the front door, and it was obviously locked.

I look up and see Haerin's window is still open. But there's no way I can climb up there without using my legs.

The door suddenly unlocks, and Haerin's mother is there.

"Quick, come in!" She hissed. "My Haerin's upset, you're the only one who can calm her down. Go!"

She patted me on the back as I approached Haerin's room.

I open the door, and she's crying on her bed, hugging the stuffed frog I gave her all those months ago.

She must've heard the door open, and she said "Omma, go away!"

"I'm not your omma." I said calmly.

Her sobbing stopped, and she turned over, facing me.

"Cheolie.." she sniffled. "Is there something I'm doing wrong? What's wrong with me?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're always so happy with other girls, but not me." She said. "Am I too annoying?"

"Of course not," I said shyly. "You're too perfect."

She cupped my face.

"I've thought long and hard, Cheolie." She said, with a strong face.

"What's up?" I said. I had a sense of foreboding this wasn't going to be good.

"I don't think it's better if we don't continue as a couple. I'm breaking up with you." She said, with a stern and hard expression.

My heart sank, but I held in my tears and stayed strong.

"But w-why?" I asked.

"I am too much of a burden to you." She said, unable to look at me. "I only dragged you down."

"What? No you didn't." I said.

"I.." she trembled.

"I have! Now please leave! It's better for the both of us!" Her strong expression returned.

"We are still able to remain as friends, but not a couple."

I slowly left her room and shut the door, miserable and sulking.

This was all my fault. I should've just paid more attention to her and spent more time with her talking. But instead I made her think she was nothing but a tool.

I look at the hat I was supposed to give her and toss it to the side and sit there, thinking.

Eventually, I burst into the tears that were dying to come out and left the house.

Eunchae's POV

I'm woken by the sound of knocking on my front door.

I went to sleep right after Cheol went to get Haerin because I thought he wasn't returning.

I slowly open the door, barely opening my eyes to an aching Cheol.

"What's happened now? Come in, come in." I ushered.

He didn't say anything and sat down in the living room while I went to get him a cup of water.

I place the cup in-front of him, and ask "What happened? Something go wrong?"

"She dumped me." He said.

"What? Why? I thought she was crazy for you." I said.

He drank all the water in one go.

"Apparently not. Said something about her dragging me down." He chuckled in a dull tone. "Go rest, I'll be alright."

As hard as it is to face it, It's safe to say that Haerin did soften Cheol. Because of her, he pulled his punches more and more. I'm confident somebody like Y/n would be capable of defeating Cheol.

I reluctantly went back upstairs and tried to go back to sleep, but I just couldn't.

I snuck downstairs and peeked around the corner to see Cheol crying to himself.

He kept staring at the ceiling and laughing in a sad and tired way.

He's never cried like this before. I watched as he packed up his stuff and left the house.

I was thinking of going after him, but I figured it was a better idea to leave him be. Cheol is a strong person, especially when he's on his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 632 20
Nothing is worse than seeing your loved one die in your own arms. Minji watched with a heavy heart as Hanni took her last breath and her soul left he...
53.8K 2.5K 19
"I am a different kind of lover Hanni. I am a silent lover." 🐢 | Expect some wrong spellings and grammars | 🐢
147K 4.4K 34
What will happen when a innocent angle y/n will bumb into a mafia leader and later other mafia's get obsessed with her and want to maker her there's...
2.9K 175 7
(Idol AU) Throughout your whole life, all you've ever done was contained in a small town in South Korea. You were perfectly fine with everything that...