The Wolf Queen - Part 2 - (Ae...

By MillaCoetz

Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath o... More

Introduction
List Of Notable Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Helaena's Prophecy Part 1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Helaena's Prophecy Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Helaena's Prophecy Part 3
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Helaena's Prophecy Part 4
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Helaena's Prophecy Part 5
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Helaena's Prophecy Part 6
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Helaena's Prophecy Part 7
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 11

248 15 7
By MillaCoetz

From Lyanna's point of view.

It was the strangest feeling. A feeling of not knowing if I am awake or dreaming.

At first, it was total darkness, floating on in an endless vacuum of nothing. No light, no air...just nothing. But somehow I knew I was somewhere, even if I can't see where that 'somewhere' was.

Then the burning started. At first, it was just a warm feeling, filling me up slowly, starting in my stomach. A smoldering ember in my core. It was not uncomfortable but also not pleasant. The slow-burning ember emitted a small glow of light. Not enough light to show me where I am.

The burning began to intensify, burning more and more with every passing minute, as if I make more sparks for this fire every time I move.
It was painful, spreading throughout my whole body, creeping down my legs, circling my knees, and finding the path toward my toes. The same with my upper body. The fire spread to every organ as it found its way to the far corners of my being. When it reached my lungs every breath started to burn as well. I wished at a time that I can just die, I don't want to feel this pain anymore. But then it spread to my heart, the organ ensuring my blood moves through my body. But this time it ensured that this fire spread through quicker, sending more oxygen to the flames, encouraging it to burn as wild as it can.

I thought it couldn't get worse than that.

I was wrong.

My brain was the worst. I was crawling around in pain while still floating in this dark pool. No words can describe how terrifying it is to be in such agony and not be able to see.
The fire seeping through the cracks in my brain felt warmer than the rest. This must be how it feels like to be burned alive by a dragon. It is the only thing I can compare it to.

I yelled out. Hoping that the sound of my voice would make the burning go away. But it only made it worse. The flames inside started to make bright light, shining from my skin. As I tried to look around me, all I saw was the endless nothing I knew I was stuck in. The only difference is that I can see it spreading out around me.

Where am I?

Why am I feeling this way?

Then I remembered the knife in my gut, the poison slowly killing me.

Daemon.

If only I could reach him from here, make him feel my pain before killing him. If only I knew where I was.

I was trying to make sense of my situation but the constant pain held me back, numbing my ability to think.

You are a greenseer, Lyanna.

The little voice in my head kept on reminding me that I am much stronger than whatever is happening to me.

Fight it, push it away.

Easier said than done, I wanted to yell back. I tried. Focusing on the source of the pain, the ember that started it all. I closed my eyes, trying hard not to yell out in pain again.

My mind traveled through my body, searching for the poison. I found it easily, a black mass that looks like it has roots shooting out from it, the roots that are the cause of the fire being spread all over. I started attacking it, willing my mind to do whatever it must to rip it out.

Over and over I rammed into this thing, thinking that it will never budge, but I saw a root shoot loose from where it was fastened. It's working!

I kept on doing the same thing until all the roots came loose, leaving the black mass floating around in my stomach. With a final will from my mind, the black mass dissolved into nothing.

The burning feeling went away, but also the light that emanated from it.

I felt myself floating around in this dark void again. Grateful for the peacefulness. If this is how death feels like, then I don't mind being here. All the years of fighting, experiencing loss, and heartache...this is all I can ask for.

Rest.

But the memory of my family woke me up from that illusion.

I need to find Aemond, he must be out there trying to save me. My husband won't let me die.

Again I focused all my energy, on creating the image of him. Not knowing that in doing so my surroundings changed. Changing into a room within a castle. A room with no doors, just a single window.

I found him after some time and my eyes shot open as I grabbed hold of his thoughts.

Aemond, I called out to him, seeing the confusion rushing through his mind. But he is too focused on the storm raging around him. I can see how he is trying to steer Vhagar through the dark clouds around him.

Aemond, my love.

I tried again, focusing harder on that small spot behind his eye, the spot I need for him to see me.

The image of him appeared in this strange room, looking straight at me. The confusion in his mind turned into longing and I reached my hand out to him, knowing that I can't touch him.

My love, I said and tried to smile. Suddenly the black mass that was inside me formed in the far corner of the room. It looked like a heap of tar lying on the floor. It started moving, coming closer, reaching its tendrils out to touch me.

Even though I didn't know where I was, I knew instantly that the black mass was death. That it was coming for me.

I need you, Aemond. The black mass grabbed hold of my leg. I tried to pull it back but it was too stuck to even move an inch.

I don't know how long I can hold on. The power inside me started to flicker.

My body is becoming weak. I tried to force it away with my mind, but nothing happened. I am not strong enough to defeat it.

Not even my mind is strong enough to keep myself alive.

I think Aemond heard the urgency in my voice because he replied. Just hold on. His beautiful voice echoed in the room and for a brief moment, the black mass let go of my leg giving me the chance to move away from it. But the room is only that big.

I will try for as long as I am able, but you need to hurry.

I might be able to keep myself away from its grasp. If Aemond can be quick enough to find a way to wake me up.

And I did try, if only people could see how hard I fought to not let Death grab hold of me again. I ran around this tiny room, jumping over it, and throwing it with the objects around us.

But eventually, I grew tired and that was exactly what it was waiting for. Again it grabbed me and this time I didn't have enough energy in me to fight it.

Aemond, I can't hold on any longer.

I don't know if he heard my last message to him. In my heart, I knew I won't be able to send another one, that he might not be in time. This is the end for me.

Slowly Death crept up my body and I started to lose feeling in my legs. If I could fall over I would but the black mass was holding me up.

As it reached my torso it started to suffocate me, pressing hard onto my lungs. With every inhale it pressed down harder.

I had no more will in me to fight.

It covered my whole body, surrounding me in darkness once more.

And I blacked out. I couldn't think anymore. Couldn't breathe.

Nothing.

It wasn't pleasant, wasn't peaceful. Just nothing.

I died.

I wish that I could've seen my twins again, see my beautiful little girl with her beautiful heart. And my boy, Rhaegar, my white-haired little love. There is a stronger bond between me and my son, than with my daughter.
Rhaegar is so much like his father, strong, courageous, and willing to do anything for you.

If only I could feel Aemond's touch again. Feel his lips on mine.

I am leaving them behind and I can't do anything to reverse what has happened.

But something did happen.

The black mass started to crack around me, filling with light to wake me up. Slowly I did wake up, opening my eyes to this blinding light coming through the cracks.
The cracks started to crumble, becoming bigger. I could breathe again, think again, and move my limbs.

Then I woke up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.4K 53
A silver haired girl, waging war to restore her ancestral house to its former glory. Rhea Celtigar, the King's Ward has been raised along his childre...
312K 10.5K 27
❝ I WOULDN'T PLAY WITH FIRE ,IF I WERE YOU. ICE MELTS FAST THESE DAYS. ❞ [ GAME OF THRONES AU ] [ AEGON'S CONQUEST ] [ AEGON TARGARYEN X OC ] [ Ⓒ win...
37.4K 1.1K 37
From my blood comes the prince who was promised he would be a song of ice and fire, and yet the dead could not hear the songs, the words of brave men...
36.6K 1.3K 11
Rhaegar Targaryen is the eldest surviving son of Viserys Targaryen and Aemma Arryn. Born in 94 AC with memories of a future yet to come Rhegar must g...