The Queen (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #2 in The Kingdom of Ula Series King Harry and Princess Emerald's love story continues as they begin the... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 26

22.6K 1.2K 128
By amandaJtommo

Make sure you leave your comments inline or after the chapter!

_________________________

Dark eyes stared down at me. A sly smile appeared on the man's lips as he stared down at me. He lifted a glimmering, silver blade to his lips. Delicately, he pressed his lips to the bottom of the silver. Sticking his plump tongue out, he licked the silver seductively all while his dark eyes stared down at me.

As I watched the insane man, whimpers escaped from my lips. My body shook with fear as the man had me pinned to the ground just by straddling me. I couldn't move, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Why was this happening to me? Why was I in this life or situation? Again.

"Please," I begged. "Don't do this." I cried, the warm tears cascading down my cheeks as I was pinned to the ground.

"I must," he said with a coy smile. "It's to show power of the great leader."

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"I must kill you to weaken your kingdom," he whispered, his lips moving against my ear, shudders rolling down my spine. "For irony."

The man began waving the knife around before pressing it against my stomach and dragging it up my skin. He leaned down, licking his tongue along my bare skin. I whimpered beneath the touch of the knife and his touch. I sucked in my stomach trying to avoid the knife.

"Ah, ah," he reminded. "Move away and you get this plunged into your heart, Your Highness."

The man's hands touched me, I felt dirty. His greedy hands moved touched me. I was unable to move, temporary paralysis seeming to take over me, I was unable to move. The man before me appeared cloaked; his identity a mystery. His face was concealed from me and it made me wonder who he was. His voice sounded like that of a nightmare, a deep, contorted voice. It sounded like something you were to hear out of a film when they did those voices through the machine.

I squirmed beneath the man's touch again and before I could blink, the man raised his knife above his head and began to shove it down towards me. I screamed with all my might hoping someone would hear me, turning to get out of the way of the knife. I felt the knife stab my side. I let out a loud gasp, my hand grazing over the wound. Blood drenched my fingers as it flowed freely from my side. My hand collided with the man's wrist, working on prying the knife from his grip.

Victoriously, I took the knife from the grasp of the tall man and pushed him into the water, both of us creating a loud splash. The water blinding me, unable to see where I was, but feel the torso of the man. I reciprocated his actions and plunged his knife into his stomach. I repeated this twice more before he began to cry out.

"Em," he cried. "Em, please. Stop!" My heart stopped.

I paused, looking at who was once a darkened figure. The moonlight was cast perfectly on the man's face. The brilliant green eyes started at me. Wet ringlets of brown hair clung to his pale face as he looked at me with the most afraid look I've ever seen. One of a broken hearted man. The knife fell from my hand into the water.

"No, no, no," I cried, looking at Harry's pain stricken face. "No. You-"

"Em," he cried, his body shaking and covered in blood. His hands were spread across his stomach, as he cried in pain at his gentle touch.

"I'm going to fix this," I whispered. "You'll be fixed and everything will be okay again."

"Em!" he cried, his head rolling back as he groaned in pain.

"You're going to be okay," I said, my voice breaking. "You're going to be fine and we're going to be happy."

"Em! Please!" he continued to cry.

I pulled at my wet black shirt, pulling it over my head. I ripped it so I could fit it around his waist. I tied it, pressing down on the wounds I made. The mess I made. I shook with sobs as I continued to say it was going to be alright and that I was going to fix this. He was going to be better.

"Em," he whispered. "Please." It came out more as a battle cry.

I leaned over and kissed his forehead.

"You're going to be better," I promised. "We're going to be happy. We're going to grow old together. You and me, Harry."

His green eyes stared at me before shutting and silence overcame us. I shook him, my heart racing even more so.

"No! Don't do this, Harry," I cried. "Don't leave me. You can't leave me like this, not this way. We're supposed to be together for a long time." I sobbed. "You're my best friend," I croaked, brushing the hair from his ashen face. "I love you so much. But you can't die like this, Harry. It's not over for us."

My eyes shot open to see Harry above me, a worried look in his features. His brows furrowed as his hand was pressed gently to my cheek. I looked around me, confused, before realizing it was just a dream. I covered my mouth, my hand shaking. My face was wet from my warm tears.

"Em," he sighed, getting back into bed and wrapping me in his arms. I cried into his chest, the pain becoming too much to bear.

I killed him. I killed the man I love in my dream, and I could never forget the face of a betrayed man. Harry had no idea what was going on, but he still held me close to his chest, his cheek resting against the top of my head as I cried.

"Everything will be alright, my love," he whispered. "You're okay. It was just a bad dream."

"It was so real," I sobbed.

"I know, but you're okay. You're safe here," he promised me. "Nothing bad will happen to you."

I shook my head and sat up from his arms. His eyes watched my movements, observing me. He knew I was upset about my dream, but I'm sure he was still worrying over what I was doing.

"It wasn't me that got hurt," I whispered, my hand clutching at the silver cross necklace.

"Who-" he started, but paused as if he were realizing what happened. "Me?"

"It was just like what happened at the docks, but instead of that man..it-it was you," I said, wiping the tears falling from my eyes. "You started yelling at me, saying Em over and over again and you looked so heartbroken."

"None of it was real, Em-"

"H, for now, can you just call me Emerald?" I asked, hurt crossed his face. "Just until I get over the dream."

"Of course," he nodded. "I've always called you that, though," he said.

I smiled at my husband gratefully. I reached over and took one of his hands, lacing our fingers together. He gave me a gentle squeeze of the hand letting me know everything was going to be alright. I was extremely grateful to have married the man I did, he was incredible for everything he does for me and everyone else. He's the most selfless man I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"For what?" he asked.

"Being you," I said relaxing back on the bed. "That's all I need to say thank you for."

"I'll always be the person you need, Emerald," He smiled. "Now, I think we should go back to sleep. It's two in the morning, and we have another day of absolutely nothing to do."

"Okay," I nodded. Harry wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his body and tangled our legs together.

"Emerald?" Harry asked.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"I love you, you know that?" he asked, his lips grazing the back of my shoulder.

"I do," I promised.

"And I do try to be everything you want me to be," he said. "It's just hard sometimes."

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning in his arms to look at him. He paused, biting his lip.

"Nevermind, we'll talk about it some other time," he said.

I looked into his face, trying to read his expression. I knew he wanted to say something, but whatever it was, it was difficult for him to say out loud. It kind of made me sad that he didn't feel like he couldn't say it out loud, but the fact that he is vocal enough to mention that something is bothering him.

"Just tell me when you're ready," I said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "I love you." I turned around so my back was to his chest once again.

"I love you too," he smiled. "No nightmares."

"I hope not," I breathed. "I can live without them."

"So can I," he murmured, his face buried into the back of my shoulder. "So can I."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1K 11
*Alternate Beginning to the Royals Series* In this special edition to the Royals Series, Jackie Baker and Prince Harry have a bit of history before t...
14.5K 276 31
•BOOK 2 OF HAILEY SERIES• Harry and Bailey were the best of friends whom turned into lovers. They were deeply in love with each other and everything...
112K 2.7K 21
Nothing in life is for certain, the flowers will wither, the storms will cross, just like the sun will become eclipsed-the stars will align before di...
62.8K 2.4K 20
Reyna is a princess and Harry is a prisoner in her castle. With his help, she runs away from an arranged marriage and her father's rotten kingdom in...