Fire Phoenix

By charlewrites

"don't do anything crazy stupid, please" ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 6

628 9 1
By charlewrites

I walked into the main church room to see Rachel sitting by herself, reading a book. I sat next to her as I gave her a little smile, trying to boost her mood. "Hey you, okay?" I asked. "Yeah, just going through a lot right now that's all" she answered.

I gave her a little side hug when Dick came walking over to us standing a few seats away. "Rachel" he said, with a sorry tone. Rachel looked up from her book for the first time since I got there. "I don't know what to do"

"What set you off? Were you scared?" Dick asked. I just crossed my arms, off course she was scared have you seen what she has been through and what she can do, i thought

"Was I scared? I'm always scared" i rubbed her back with my hand trying to calm her down and comfort her, i was scared for her, so i can't imagine what she must be feeling

"Listen, I need you to start," Dick started, "what? Trust you? Other people can help. Is that it?" rachel interrupted

"Not they cant," she continued, I thought as I turned my head to face her with a sad look. "They'll just make promises. But in the end, they'll fail. They'll all leave...just like you, At least Ember tried to stay she wanted to stay but then you tried to separate us"

I gave rachel a hug trying to comfort her the best i could without crying myself, that's when i realized rachel wanted me with her, someone wanted me. Being in foster homes my whole life I have had lots of families leave me, send me back or just not want me, so i knew what it was like to have no one there for you and to not have anyone want you.

"Yeah, you're right." Dick finally said, shocking us both, and breaking our hug. "What?" we both asked.

Dick took a seat in the row in front of us and turned to face us both, "You're on your own. No one can help you. Not really."

"Dick" I said with concern. The more he talked the more I wanted to punch him in the face. He then shushed me and put his finger up. I stared at him in shock, two times he has shushed me the past few days, rude, I thought.

"I was just like you once. I thought if I leaned on someone, if I trusted them, all the pain would go away." Dick started, "But I was wrong. Anyone that tells you any differently is lying. The loss is here for good now. There's no getting over it." He continued as I faced my head to the floor before I started to tear up in front of them. I understood everything he was saying more than I should have.

All this holding up of tears has finally hit me when I met Rachel and Dick . I am not an emotional person, it only really hits me after a while or I just hold it in until it explodes and I have a breakdown of months of pain. Not saying they are the cause but before them I would stay strong for myself to keep going or for the little kids I would save or the ones who would look up to me as a hero and not some broken, homeless, 18 year old girl with no family left.

"But you can control it. You can channel it. No one else can do that for you. Just you." Dick continued bringing me back from my thoughts.

Dick started to walk away when Rachel stopped him, "I think I need to stay here awhile, okay?"

"Yeah, sure" Dick said as he walked out of the room,

"You okay?" Rachel asked after seconds of silence, "yeah I'm fine." I gave her a fake smile. "Your lying, you know you can't lie to me" rachel stated

"Yeah, but we are here for you and not for me , okay, so I should be the one to ask the questions, are you okay?"

"I am" she answered, "are you staying too?" she asked

"Yea, one I need to stay for you cause we both know Dick cant take care of you and Kory doesn't even know who she is, and these nunsIi don't really trust, idk they just give me weird vibes,like they are hiding something from us. No offense, I just don't trust people I barely know."

"None taken, how come you trust me and Dick?"

"Idk you both remind me of me and plus you already know everything about me and Dick has read my file from the police so he also knows a lot about me."

"What's the other reason you are staying?" Rachel asked

"Maybe these nuns can help me out, like they are doing with you. I would love to be able to control my powers as well." I figured Rachel already knew about my powers considering she didn't question it when I mentioned them, she has been in my mind. I am sure half of it is just filled with me and my powers anyways.

We both sat in silence until someone walked in. "there you go." she said as she passed us both a cup of tea.

"Is it okay?" I asked. "Hmm," the woman said with a confused look.

"To drink in here?" Rachel added, "I won't tell you if you won't." the woman said, making us all laugh a little.

"Feeling better. Your friend said you needed some time." The woman spoke after me and Rachel took sips of our tea. "Yea, thank you sister."

"Sorry to interrupt this nice moment but what's with the doll?" i said as i took another sip

"Rachel used to sleep with her every night." the woman said as she turned to Rachel giving her the doll.

"Oh, this is just so unexpected. Seeing you back here." the woman said as she put her arm around rachel's shoulder, "truth is, we should never have let you go in the first place. But you're safe here. And you always were."

The woman's tone gave me a horrible feeling and just was very creepy. Before I could say anything else Rachel fell asleep. "What did you do to her?" I yawned, "oh nothing" was the last thing I heard before I myself also fell asleep.

When I woke up there was the same woman standing in front of me. I looked around the room to see nothing, a plain room with brick walls and one window.

"What did you do to us?" i asked "we gave to something to calm you down, that's all"

"Let me get this right, you gave us both a drug, sent me to a room with absolutely nothing in it, poor decorating by the way, and then tried me up with a rope."

"Yes," the woman answered. I wasn't scared of her or anyone in this church, I was scared of what they were or did to rachel.

"Where's rachel?" I asked with a harsh tone. "She is somewhere no one can hurt her"

"Look lady, I get why you might have locked her away but why me?" i asked the lady

"If we keep you awake and out in the church you would go after Rachel and try to free her from somewhere she is safer." the woman said with no expression at all

"Where is Dick and Kory?" i asked with an annoyed tone

"They left," she said, which shocked me. I know out of the three of us I am probably the most responsible one to take care of a kid even if I am 18 but they left us alone, seriously could they have any more reasons to not have children.

"Lady, your plan or whatever you want to call it is going to fail, so let's go and I will find Rachel and leave this creepy place before I blow it up, you got that." i said with a stern voice

The lady just stared at me with a look of yea okay. I lifted both of my hands to show I undid the rope holding my hands together behind the chair.

"I have been untied for the past 5 minutes." the woman stared at me with shock. "You suck at tying rope, how about instead of kidnapping children you learn to tie a rope."

I got up from the chair as the woman started to leave the room. As I shoved her out of the way, the small little shove knocked her to the ground, which surprised me. She was weak as hell.

"Look lady, I won't beat you up and shit because you're old and very weak, like seriously I gave you a nudge and you fell on the ground. But get one thing straight for me okay, never get in my way, okay. Now I am going to get Rachel, leave this place and never look back, okay." i said with a smile

The woman just nodded, scared, probably from my bright red eyes, as I left to find rachel. I ran around the building trying to look for the room Rachel was in. I heard screaming from a room I haven't looked at yet. "Rachel" I yelled as I banged on the door.

I knew the only way to get her out was to blow up the door.

Next thing I knew half of the building was burnt down. I met eyes with Rachel as I ran over to her, checking to make sure she was okay.

"We need to leave now." I demanded, I dragged Rachel by the arm, pulling her into the woods.

"Was that you or me?" i asked, "Idk" she answered with a scared look on her face

"Maybe it was both of us, that could explain it."

We grew silent again as we ran into the woods not looking back at the mess we made.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 160 23
The story in which a girl from Gotham wants nothing more than to remain invisible, but the crime fighting Robin won't let her. [Titans Season 1-4]
687K 19.5K 72
"𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏, 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊'𝒎 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍." - titans; season 1 - 2! - jason todd x oc - enjoy :ᴅ
9.2K 274 91
- peace in havok - Power and anger have gone hand in hand for Hazel her entire life, as has trust and heart. Hazel is bright as the s...
3.9K 142 19
"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within, Dick." Book 2 of my series of Dc Titans. Jane GreenXDick G...