๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐„๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž |...

By softchxton

- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar The Way of Water Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Single Book - After losi... More

- Introduction/Author's Note -
| ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐„๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž |
| Character Profile |
| Prologue |
| Aw (1) |
| Mune (2) |
| Pxey (3) |
| Tsรฌng (4) |
| Mrr (5) |
| Pukap (6) |
| Kinรค (7) |
| Vol (8) |
| Volaw (9) |
| Vopey (11) |
| Vosรฌng (12) |
| Vomrr (13) |
| Vofu (14) |
| Vohin (15) |
| Mevol (16) |
| Mevolaw (17) |
| Mevomun (18) |
| Mevopey (19) |
| Mevosรฌng (20) |
| Mevomrr (21) |
| Mevofu (22) |
| Mevohin (23) |
| Pxevol (24) |
| Pxevolaw (25) |
| Pxevomun (26) |
| Pxevopey (27) |
| Pxevosรฌng (28) |
| Pxevomrr (29) |
| Pxevofu (30) |
| Pxevohin (31) |
| Tsรฌvol (32) |
| Tsรฌvolaw (33) |
| Tsรฌvomun (34) |

| Vomun (10) |

2.6K 74 51
By softchxton

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, or Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: The tension begins! I figured this would be a good chapter to start trying to build up what is y/n and Jake trying to recognize what they are feeling but also spending time together and building a bond.

Before we move onto the stort, I know Ive been saying this a lot recently but just a small reminder; don't forget to comment <3 I love reading and replying to all of your comments and they make my day. 🤍 I hope you guys like this chapter!
-

It wasn't long before you and Jake were in the shallower parts of the beach, and the water reached up to your waists. There was a little something that you had forgotten to tell him before getting started. Breathing, as well as controlling your body underwater was a big part of controlling a Tsurak, let alone an ilu. Before Jake could master riding one, he needed to handle being underwater for long periods of time. If he did that, he would have no problem staying on the creature itself. Maybe the fact that he couldn't control his breathing was why the animal could sense that he was tense.

"Jake, one thing you should know before getting started is that controlling your ability to stay underwater for long periods of time is very important. If you can do that, you will have no problem staying on an ilu or a Tsurak. We will work on that first" You said, wading closer and deeper into the water, but Jake stayed in place. What you were saying made sense, and it didn't quite occur to him what you were pointing out.

"How can I do that?" Jake asked. The Metkayina are born with the water everywhere around them. It's part of their lives and their way of living. This is probably taught months into the beginning of their lives, so if anyone had knowledge on staying underwater for long periods of time, it'd be you. "Like a newborn baby, you will learn by swimming in the reef and staying down there as much as you can. I will be there with you, and after that, we'll work on some breathing exercises that way you will  store more air in your stomach" You explained, and Jake nodded accordingly.

"Well, if you're there with me than nothing bad can happen, right?" Jake said, letting more of his confidence out around you. He eas beginning to feel more comfortable with you. Still, he was unaware of the reaction he caused you. You suddenly felt flushed and your face heated up, through no fault of your own. "Right..." You said bashfully, looking away from him, which didn't go unnoticed by him. He tried to keep eye contact with you, but you had your head turned to look somewhere else.

"Why don't we get started? We have lots to do" You said, turning to look at him briefly and then gestured with your hand for him to follow you deeper into the water. "Okay, yeah" Jake said, moving past the moment and following after you. He wasn't worried. You knew about this more than anyone, being one of the most skilled women in the clan, so he trusted that you knew how to guide him through this.

When both of yours and Jake's feet did not reach the sand anymore, you looked at him and have gave him a knowing look. It was time. This was his first time heading into the depths without a creature to guide him through it, and even if you were there, he wouldn't be scared. Taking a shot in the dark, you raised your hand above the water and offered it to him. The palm of your hand was open to him, and it took him a few seconds as he looked between your face and your hand. You'd guide him through it. You wanted to hold his hand through it all.

Not only would this be uncharted territory for him, but the world that was below these waters was nothing like he'd ever seen before. This wasn't just about the lesson, but also so he got to see the beauties of this region in Pandora. When he rode his Skimwing, he was riding it so fast that he probably didn't get a chance to see the reefs. This was his chance to see all that. What awaited him below the depths of these currents was something that you wanted to be a part of, so you hoped he took the chance.

It wasn't a few seconds until you realized that he hadn't put his hand on yours. Maybe you were too forward, and that was your mistake. But, to your surprise, the moment you started to lower your hand onto the water again, you suddenly felt his hand curl around yours, gripping it and holding on to it tightly. You turned to look at him and he was looking at you with so much fondness and tenderness that you didn't know to react to it. He didn't say anything, and he just placed his hand on yours, feeling like it should've been there all along.

You smiled at him and took this as the opportunity to finally begin. Sensing you two were about to go underwater, Jake took a deep breath and held it. Soon enough, you dipped underwater and he followed after you, still holding onto your hand. The moment you two went below the surface and the bubbles cleared from the impact of the dip, Jake's eyes widened and he turned to look at you, seeing you already looking at him with a soft smile.

He was in absolute awe and marveled by what he was seeing. There were creatures he'd never seen before, so unique looking, and surreal. You and Jake continued to make your way further down to the reef, swimming side by side and not letting go of each other's hands. While you swam using your finned tail and swayed your body through the water gracefully, Jake used his legs and free arm to push himself forward. You smiled as you looked over to him and saw how eager he was to see more.

As you two swam through fragments of coral, Jake spotted a school of colorful fish that caught his attention. He tightened his grip in your hand gently, catching your attention, and when you looked over at him, he was smiling from ear to ear. Jake pointed with his free hand over to the fish he had spotted. You looked over to what he was referring to and smiled in wonder. That species of fish always travelled together and never left each other alone or someone behind. They stuck together. Seeing nature in such a fresh light and how much it survived and thrived when it was left in peace was truly an astonishing and wonderful thing.

Jake took a bold decision and began to swim forward on his own, letting go of your hand briefly. When finding himself at a normal distance from you, this time he turned around and swam backwards as he extended both of his hands out to you instead of one. You didn't hesitate in coming closer and joining hands with him, but what you didn't expect was for him to pull you forward towards him in the water to the point where your faces were inches away from one another. Your eyes were as wide as dinner plates and Jake let his eyes trail all over you, and could only help but marvel at your beauty. He had never noticed those details about you that made you so unique.

Like all adult Metkayina villagers, or at least most of them, you had tattoos in the crown of your head that reached the top of your forehead. They were gentle and smooth lines that framed your face beautifully, and Jake had failed to notice until now. You were still trying to process the moment you two were in, so you eventually came to your senses and departed you face away from his, but still keeping your conjoined hands together. Jake was beginning to feel playful, given to how happy he was feeling in that moment. He began to swim in way that had you both twirling in the water in spirals and spins, marvelling at the sights before the two of you.

Disconnecting one of your hands from his, you started to swim forward again and pulling Jake behind you. Given that he was staying behind you while you guided him, Jake's eyes caught sight of something that made his eyes widen. Not only did you have tattoos on your forehead, but also on your back. The ones he was seeing trailed from the bottom of your spine up to mid-back. The patterns were just as stunning as the ones he saw framing your face.

He knew that most villagers, especially warriors and skilled people in the tribe had tattoos that symbolized chronicles of their lives. You had some so it meant that you had great achievements that merited those tattoos. Members of the tribe, like yourself, received their first tattoo after they complete all of their rites of passage into adulthood. You were around Jake's age so you probably passed that rite of passage a long time ago. He had no doubt that you were nothing short of exceptional. You were a warrior like Tonowari and Ronal, so you had stories to tell with your tattoos and what they truly represented.

While you and Jake continued to explore, you began to forget why you were here in the first place. You had to see Jake's endurance underwater, and right about now, he should be feeling the effects of the lack of air. As you had expected, while you and Jake continued to swim, he tapped your shoulder. You turned to look at him and saw that he was pointing to his throat. You were right. It was time to come up for air. You nodded and began to sign what you wanted to say; "We have to come up for air" You signed, and Jake tilted his head to the side with confusion. He had no idea what you said.

Nonetheless, the man nodded (realizing that you took notice of his sudden panic over lack of air) and you two began to swim upwards. Neither of you had let go of the grip on one another's hands, completely forgetting they were interlocked in the first place. When approaching the surface, and finally coming above the water, Jake didn't realize he had let go of your hand to brush away the water from his face. As for you, you had noticed he let go of your hand, but you ignored how empty it felt to not being in contact with him anymore.

"Wow. That was amazing, y/n. You really see that every day?" Jake chuckled as he panted, trying to get air in his lungs, but still in shock of everything he saw just below the surface. It was like a completely different world, and even if he couldn't stay down there for too long, everything he saw was more than enough. You laughed at his excitement, and nodded. "Yes. It truly is beautiful, isn't it?" You inquired, more as a rhetorical question since he knew the answer to what he was asking. This was your home and you never got tired of it.

You hadn't forgotten what Jake did earlier. He was so forward and bold all of a sudden, leaving you stunned. Jake didn't know what came over him either. It was an impulse and his subconscious acted for him.

If it was anybody else, he wouldn't have done it, but its you. What about you has him feeling so conflicted and confused? What about could have prompted him do that all of a sudden? His heart felt too closed off for him to even consider that he felt something for you, and like before, he refused to let that be the case. He needed to focus on his children and make sure they were happy. That was what this whole ordeal was for, wasn't it?

You were his friend, and that was clearly established the night before. Still, he couldn't deny that there was tension, and he spurred on that same tension without meaning to. Jake convinced himself that he was simply confused. That was all, wasn't it? His mind is mistaking feelings that aren't there and he had to nip that in the bud or he would go down the same path he has been dreading ever since Neytiri passed.

"Also, what was the signing with your hands that you were doing?" He asked, remembering what he wanted to ask earlier. It was obviously a form of sign language. He had seen it before on Earth in various occasions so it wasn't completely foreign to him. "We the Metkayina use it to communicate under the surface. I can teach you if you'd like" You offered, looking forward to yet again one more thing that you could share with Jake. You were sure he already knew the 'I see you' gestures, but there was so much more to Na'vi sign language that would be important to know if him and his family would coexist with the Metkayina.

"I'd love to" Jake accepted, keeping his inner excitement at bay. He would get to spend even more time with you and that made him look forward to his days here even more.

"Now, we should head back to shore to begin your ilu lessons. Now that I know you have good endurance to stay underwater for a decent amount of time, we can begin" You explained, and Jake nodded. If he was being honest, it came as a shock to him that you thought you were ready. He thought he'd done much worse than he actually did. Even so, he felt fulfilled to know that he could move on.

"Okay, let's head back. My arms are starting to hurt" Jake laughed a bit, referring to the fact that he had been using his arms to keep himself afloat the entire time during this conversation so he wanted to at least have his feet touch some sort of surface again. You chuckled at his words, realizing how truly inexperienced he really was with staying in water for long periods of time. Still, that was okay. You'd teach him and he would become a master at it. You didn't doubt that he would make amazing progress these next few weeks.

You two eventually headed back to where you were before, just at the shallower parts of the beach where the water reached your hips. It was time to get Jake accustomed to an ilu. Your plan was to get him to ride one on his own for the first time, and then have him repeat the process a couple times. Ilu's could be very difficult to work with because of how playful they are so its all about repetition and doing it over and over until you get the hang of it.

Leaving Jake and stepping forward into the water, you began to make trilling and yipping noises, clicking your tongue on the roof of your throat to call the creatures. A few seconds later, an ilu appeared at your side and began to circle around you, swimming contentedly.

It was white with navy blue markings all over its body. You turned to Jake and saw that he was eyeing the ilu with curiosity. It was very different from the Skimwing from what
he could see. "This is an ilu, Jake. They're versatile animals. Much easier to master than a Tsurak, but that doesn't mean they won't give you a hard time" You said, patting the top of the ilu's hair popping out of the water.

"What do I do first?" Jake said, cautiously stepping closer as he watched you round up the ilu and have it be positioned right in front of Jake, ready to be mounted. "Come," You said, you gestured with your hand to him. He did as told and stood before the creature, waiting for your next instructions. "First, mount him. Let him get used to you" You explained.

Jake followed what you said and threw one leg over the ilu and sat himself on the saddle. The ilu thrashed its tail, splashing it on the water while it chirped and yipped. "Now, make the bond" You said, grabbing onto the antenna of the ilu and bringing it up to Jake so he connect his braid. Being familiar with this part, Jake grabbed his braid and let his queue connect to the creature. Upon contact of the bond, the ilu shuddered and chirped underwater. He instantly felt a connection between Jake, and even if it wasn't a lifelong bond, the ilu felt complete trust with the ex-marine.

"Good. You're doing very good, Jake" You said, watching as he closed his eyes, breathed in and out gently and with no rush. Part of the process was getting to know the animal itself, so that is what he was doing. "You have to feel his breath. His strength. Build a connection" You said, and Jake listened intently. The bond between the Skimwing and an Ilu felt very different. For a Skimwing; the energy from the animal was overwhelmingly strong, while the ilu had more of a carefree feeling to it. Not necessarily serene or calm since ilu's were hyperactive creatures, but it was definitely to be considered somewhere in between.

"Now, you have to tell it go forward. Are you ready?" You asked, moving up to be by Jake's side next to the ilu. You caressed the creature's face in order to put it a bit more at ease. "Yeah, I can do this" Jake said confidently, looking forward and remembering everything you've told him. Just to stay clam and sure of himself, grab on tight, and trust the ilu. "Alright, just wait one moment" You interfered, raising your hand up for a moment and turning away.

You began to make those same clicking and trilling sounds, using your tongue against the roof of your mouth. Soon, the shadow of another ilu appeared by your side and it chirped happily at your presence. You effortlessly guided the ilu and swiftly mounted it, just like Jake had done. You steered the creature and settled it to be right next to Jake. "You are ready. I will ride by your side, so you won't be alone" You reassured him. Jake let out a breath that he didn't know that he was holding in at your words. At least he wouldn't be going into this completely blind. He'd have your guidance and that put him at ease.

"Now, are you ready?" You asked once again, and Jake gave you one single hard nod with confidence painted all over his face. You smiled and positioned yourself on the saddle better. "Go," You said, wanting Jake to start riding first and then you'll follow after him. With one deep inhale, Jake let out a loud yet clear yell, commanding the ilu through the bond. Not even a second later, the ilu began to swim, submerging itself with Jake on its back.

Not wanting to miss a single second, you yipped and commanded your ilu as well. Soon, you were caught up with Jake underwater and could see his technique. You stayed close bu but you could see he was doing extremely well. Every spin and turn he did was precise and he was focused. You maneuvered your stance and held onto the saddle holder with one hand, leaving your other arm free to stay on one side of your body. This was a position you really liked when riding an ilu. It felt so freeing and comfortable that it made the experience and the rush that much more enjoyable.

Steering your ilu to move closer to Jake, so your ilu's cruised together side by side, he turned to look at you and smiled from ear to ear. He was doing so well and he learned to control the animal well with inner commands with the bond. This wasn't rushed and unsteady like with the Skimwing, but rather the exact opposite. He was beginning to trust the creature itself and even letting it take the lead. This was a big accomplishment for Jake and you couldn't help but reciprocate his expression. He looked so happy, and you had a feeling that was something that was hard to come by when it came to him.

When Jake began to feel more confident and comfortable in this state, while you two cruised through the reef, he suddenly had an idea. He grabbed your free hand and held onto his saddle with only one if his hands, and began to lead you and your ilu towards a deeper part of the water. It was still the reef, but just a little further down, which was needed for what he wanted to do. When getting to the ideal place, Jake began to have his ilu swim around yours in graceful twirls as you watched him in awe.

Catching on to what he was trying to do, you began to follow his lead and began to have your own ilu twirl around his while his did the same with you. Soon enough, the two of you were swimming up the surface in perfect unison as the two of you circled one another in the water.

It wasn't long before you and Jake reached the surface, but this time, there was laughter from both of you combined with exhilarated pants. The two of you stationed your ilu's to be right on the surface as both of you sat up and looked at one another with happiness coursing through you. Without thinking, you and Jake raised your arms in the air and connected your hands together, intertwining them as a wordless gesture of excitement. "You did it! You were amazing" You praised happily.

Jake had the biggest smile on his face, not believing what has just happened. There was so much adrenaline and emotion running through your veins that you could barely register it. If you had to admit it, that was the most fun you've had in a long time and you were glad that it all happened alongside Jake. You both disconnected your hands and let them drop to your sides and the handles of the saddles.

"I can't believe it. That was incredible" Jake laughed as he panted and brushed away watee droplets from his face. Out of everything that he thought he would be doing today, none of then included having this much fun. He came to learn and got something even better out of it. The best part is that he got to do it with you. He wouldn't say that out loud, but he enjoyed your company and he could do this all day by your side if he could. He couldn't bring himself to ask either so he would treasure this.

"You did very well, Jake. I'm proud of you" You said with so much gentleness that Jake could barely process what was happening inside him the moment you said those words. "You are one step closer to mastering the Tsurak. You are a very good student" You chuckled a bit, reaching out and patting the head of his ilu. All of the things you told him to do, whether it was instructions or advice, he took them in with a grain of salt and implemented them in the best way possible. At this rate, he would be an expert in just a couple of weeks.

"Thanks, Y/n. I wouldn't have done it without you" Jake said, genuinely grateful for you being here with him to teach him and for being so patient and understanding. You've been exactly what he's needed since he lost Neytiri and he couldn't ask for anyone better. You've made the transition of moving to uncharted territory so much easier and he was eternally grateful.

He was glad he had you as his friend. Anybody would be lucky to be close to you but Jake just feels lucky to know that you're his friend and that he can rely on you. You smiled bashfully at his words, happy that you've been able to help him make progress in such a short amount of time. You've never underestimated what he could do, and now, when Tonowari sees his progress, things will just go uphill from here.

You and Jake reminisced together about the day so far, and Jake was so excited that he continued to ask for more tips on how he could improve. You've gotten him this far and he wouldn't back out now. The Metkayina culture was unlike anything he's ever seen. It's so different from the forest, but in a good way. You two stayed on your ilu's in the water, floating in the surface and just talking about anything, really. It wasn't just the training, but talking with each other was really great.

The two of you eventually lost track of time and it became the afternoon pretty quickly. You and Jake hadn't stopped talking just yet, but you had gotten closer to shallower waters and released the ilu's. Both of you sat togethee side by side on the beach. Jake had his hands propped up behind him and his legs stretched out in front of him while you had your legs crossed together and your hands were propped up behind your back too, like Jake.

The two of you laughed together, told stories, talked about the kids, and rehashed things about the day. It seemed like it was just the two of you and nobody else was around. At least that's what it seemed like. Vokan was just coming back from training all morning until noon, and he came around the corner of the huts, giving him a view of the beach you and Jake were sitting in. Talking and laughing together. Anyone with eyes could see that they were getting closer. Vokan didn't know exactly what he wanted for sure just yet, but the sight in front of him wasn't very pleasant and he had a weird feeling settling in his stomach.

Half of his mind wanted walk over there ans interfere, but the sensible and logical part of his brain reasoned that nothing good would come out of that. If anything that would just push you away from him even more and lead you straight to Jake. He had to think this through. With a sigh, Vokan turned his head and walked the other way where he was headed in the first place before spotting you and Jake. If he didn't do something, you would slip out of his reach and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Ultimately the choice for a mate was up to you, and nobody else's.

-

Everything happened in a blur. But, a few more days passed, and the lessons between you and Jake continued. As for him, he had continued to practice on an Ilu until he was finally ready to get back on a Tsurak. Today, he had spent all morning mastering the Skimwing and showing the Olo'eyktan what he had learned.

Tonowari was there to aid him, along with you, and in no time, Jake was able to tame the ferocious sea creature and ride it almost to perfection. Jake never gave up, the words of encouragement that you gave him, the training, and your support certainly helped, and your soft voice ran through his mind all day, telling him to keep going. It was what kept him going telling him that he could do it. Jake was strong, determined, fearless, valiant, and has integrity. Those were just some of the traits you began to notice about him more and more every day.

After seeing Jake's improvement, Tonowari decided that it was finally time to take the ex-marine to the deeper waters of the reef. You had offered to come along and oversee this. You couldn't wait to see Tonowari's face when he saw how well Jake rode the creature.

Now, you, Tonowari, and Jake were riding their Skimwings side by side. You were on Jake's left while Tonowari was on his right, all at a good distance. Jake was in a position on the saddle where he was on one knee, wind was blowing in his face and hair as one of his hands was holding onto the handle. Soon it would be time for him to dive, so Jake looked over to you and as always, you gave him a nod and a smile, giving him the encouragement he needed. His queue was connected, and his other arm extended to keep balance. He had taken all of those pointers from you and Tonowari beforehand and would implement them now.

As you, Jake, and Tonowari rode together, the ex-marine knew it was time to dive again, so when the Skimwing dove onto the water in a torpedo shape and its wings tucked back into its body, Jake changed his position to be flat on the creature's back as they cruised through the reef. You watched with pride, seeing how well he executed that move. It was one of the hardest ones he had to do, and now you could barely tell where his struggle was. Jake kept a good posture and refrained from tying a rope around his hand this time. The waters were so clear that you and Tonowari was able to watch Jake execute this move as both of you rode your Skimwings on the surface.

After riding through the currents for a few more seconds, the Skimwing rode back up to the surface and extended its wings to how it was before. Once coming up for air again, Jake exhaled and got onto one knee again, placing his free hand on his raised leg and looking forward, then back at Tonowari for feedback. You awaited the Chief's response as well, hoping it was up to his standards. Jake deserved to be praised after his hard work.

You and Jake looked over to the clan leader, and saw that he had a satisfied look on his face as he watched Jake ride the Skimwing excellently. He had made so much progress in just one morning. When Jake looked at Tonowari for approval, the chief only nodded his head with a look that said, 'Not too bad'. Jake smiled with a breathless exhale and continued to ride. Amidst his happiness, Jake looked over to you and you could see he exhaled with relief. His face said 'I did it, Y/n' and your heart swarmed with pride.

Meanwhile, Tsireya and Lo'ak were sitting together side by side on a rocky shore. Lo'ak was sitting cross-legged while Tsireya was kneeling on her shins with her hand placed on Lo'ak's abdomen to help him control his breathing. It was an exercise you had yet to practice with Jake, but the kids were learning it right now from Tsireya and Ao'nung since they had already done pretty well on their ilu's.

It was so peaceful and tranquil, the only sounds they could hear were the splashing of the waves against the rocks, their own breathing, and the gentle winds that brushed against the two of them. It was impossible not to start reminiscing about what had transpired during their last few days so far. It felt like a dream that they wished would never end. Lo'ak and Tsireya had gotten closer, and Neteyam continued to tease his brother about it.

"The way of water has no beginning and no end," Tsireya started, guiding Lo'ak through his breathing as he closed his eyes and concentrated as best as he possibly could. That's what this was about. He could hear the ripples of water, calming him furthermore.

The sea is around you and in you.

He started to remember the lesson he had earlier that day, coincidentally at the same time as you and Jake, where Tsireya held a hollow seashell in her hand and threw it in the water, making it immediately start to sink to the bottom of the reef. It was supposed to be an exercise so that Lo'ak could practice and prolong his time underwater. After throwing it, Tsireya looked at Lo'ak with a go-ahead, and he immediately sucked in as much air as he could.

The sea is your home before your birth and after your death.

Lo'ak dove below the surface and began to swim downwards, keeping his eyes locked onto the falling seashell that was daintily falling further down. Tsireya dipped her head down on the water to watch Lo'ak. She wanted to see his progress and check his improvement. He had made so much progress, much like his father, and she was really proud of him.

As she watched him, she smiled fondly at the boy while remembering what they did a few nights ago. They both got on their ilu's at night and since the water was full of glowing organisms and bioluminescence, and the reef was absolutely beautiful while they rode side by side. The water reacted to the movement of the ilu's fins, creating glowing trails behind them. The corals had dimmed lights to them, creating an atmosphere that felt like an illusion that they had yet to register completely.

Our hearts beat in the womb of the world.

Lo'ak continued to swim further down, and this time, he was able to be a lot longer in the depths of the water. The lessons were working and he had Tsireya to thank. He swam by various columns of coral that welcomed him to the deep as if showing him where to go. Fish swam all around Lo'ak, accepting his presence.

Our breath burns in the shadows of the deep.

Tsireya remembered her special bonding moments with Tuk, and compared to now, the little girl had such a strong connection and love for the sea creatures she has gotten to know. The Metkayina princess remembered seeing Tuk lovingly hugging the neck of one of the Ilu's, which the creature allowed. It was so endearing and precious to see.

The sea gives and the sea takes.

Lo'ak continued swimming, and eventually, he got closer and closer to the seashell to the point where he was able to grab it. This feat alone was able to make him smile and then look upwards to start swimming up to the surface. Tsireya noticed what he did and she smiled fondly at the boy. He had done it.

Water connects all things. Life to death. Darkness to light.

The moment Lo'ak got back to Tsireya, he popped his head out of the water with an excited smile as he held up the seashell in his grasp. Tsireya gasped while beaming at Lo'ak proudly, swimming closer to him.

"I got it! Tsireya!" Lo'ak exclaimed, feeling really good about his accomplishment. The girl grabbed ahold of the hand that was holding the seashell, with both of hers, smiling at the boy. "You did it!" She giggled happily, not having a single doubt in her mind about him. She had so much hope for him and no doubts that he would be able to do it and he proved her right.

Later that day, nighttime had fallen in the village of Awa'atlu and Tsireya had taken it upon herself to show Kiri and Tuk something really interesting about the reef's nightlife. While Jake spoke with Tonowari, you decided to join the girls on their plans. Tuk was beyond excited to hear you were coming and didn't leave your side on the way there. She was seated on your same ilu, right in front of you.

Tsireya and you guided the two sisters over to a spot in the reef where there were these semitransparent creatures that had glowing spots dotted all over them, much like the Na'vi had on their bodies and faces as well. You had been to this place before so you were excited to show Kiri and Tuk as well. Tsireya had said that these were Gill Mantles, or Txampaysye, as the Na'vi called them. It is said that once a Na'vi bonds with it, the Gill Matle serves as a biological diving suit, feeding oxygen to the Na'vi through the Kuru connection.

While you held Tuk close and Kiri stayed right by your side, Tsireya swam over to the closest Gill Mantle that she had in her proximity, grabbed it gently, and headed over to Tuk. To make it easier, you helped the little girl turn around so it could be placed on her. The youngest Sully already knew what to do, so she pulled her braid back and allowed Tsireya to attach the invertebrate onto her back. Tuk smiled and then turned around to face Tsireya once again. Tuk then turned to look at you and tapped your shoulder, signing the words that Tsireya had taught her in Na'vi sign language.

"Y/n! Look how pretty!" Tuk signed to you, and you smiled at how excited she was. These were tranquil and calm animals, not only that, but they were beautiful as well. Their glowing appearance is something that you didn't blame Tuk for being in awe of. They were ethereal.

"This will help you. It gives breath underwater" Tsireya signed, and the two girls understood. Apart from breathing lessons, the Metkayina princess had also taught the Sullys about sign language that the Na'vi used to communicate underwater, just as she promised she would. Kiri and Tuk already knew the basics from what Tsireya had taught them. You had yet to teach Jake, but you were excited.

After helping put one of the Gill Mantles on Kiri, Tsireya, you and the two Sully sisters headed over to meet with Ronal who was also with them and had arrived shortly after you did. The Tsahik was gathering clams and supervising the girls, accompanying them as well. As Tuk swam around merrily, Ronal finished scraping off one of the clams she was looking for, but something in the corner of her eye caught her attention and curiosity deeply.

It was Kiri. The girl was on kneeling on the sand on the floors of the reef with a Gill Mantle attached to her back. Her usually yellow eyes were glowing brighter, the white spots that decorated the Na'vi were glowing all over her, and she had a soft and serene smile on her face. She was at peace. She was waving her arm back and forth, which was a movement that was reciprocated in the school of fish in front of her. She seemed to be...controlling them?

Before Ronal could approach, you had noticed Kiri and her suddenly newfound ability. You figured that if Kiri was doing it in an open space, then she wouldn't mind you joining her. You swam down to where Kiri was and kneeled on the sand next to her. You placed a hand on her shoulder and Kiri flinched, but then relaxed when she realized it was you. It seems that she was so immersed in what she was doing that she didn't see you coming.

Normally, Kiri wouldn't have liked to have anyone see her do this but the young teenage girl trusted you. The way you placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her an expression full of awe and amazement gave her all the love and reassurance she needed. Kiri had stopped what she was doing, but the fish she was controlling stayed together. Before she could continue, you rubbed her arm up and down and signed. "Go on. You can trust me" You signed, knowing that Kiri probably hasn't let anyone else see this before, but she was putting her trust in you. This ability was incredible in and of itself, and she was just discovering it. It was normal.

Kiri nodded with a smile and closed her eyes, letting the connection between the ocean and her run through her. She began to sway her arm from side to side, and the fish followed her movements once again. You watched next to Kiri and wondered what it was that made her have such an ability, but you didn't question it. Kiri was special and there was no denying it.

Watching all of this happen, Ronal came around the corner and swam behind a coral to watch the girl curiously. Ronal saw you sitting next to the girl and how she was willingly showing you what she could do. You've become very close with the Sully kids ever since they arrived at the village, but Ronal didn't have the greatest track record with them, which is probably why Kiri was entrusting you with this. The girl looked so at ease with you, completely trusting and willing to share it with you.

During her years of being Tsahik, the woman had never seen anything like that before. Anyone who saw this would wonder what it is that makes her be able to do this. It was certainly a unique ability, and she was sure that not even Kiri understood it herself and she was just beginning to explore and learn about it.

-

Hey! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Its one of my favorites so far and I literally have so much planned in my Notes App on my phone- I gotta say, this is the calm before the storm because I have some pretty sad stuff coming in lmao but i'll give you guys a heads up when it happens!

I am trying to figure out an updating schedule btw! I have much more free time now so things are opening up! I don't know if you've all noticed but updates are coming a lot faster and Im super excited about it!

I have officially two weeks left of school, so after that, I'll have plenty of time to write! Right now, my teachers are assigning final assignments and all, but Im still trying to stay consistent. I want to start doing daily updates like I used to do. I'll up a schedule these next few weeks and i'll let you guys know.

As usual, there's not much I have to say now, but as always, I'll add other news in future chapters if there are any at all or if anything changes. Anyway, I'll see you all in the next one! 🤍 Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 81 10
โœตJre'saya(Dress-Aya), Also known as Aya by her people, has lived half of her life alone. Her parents had been killed in battle years ago during a fig...
403K 9.9K 24
This is a Jake Sully x Reader story. I hadn't seen many and I just love Neytiri and Jake's love story/ relationship. You take the place as an additio...
48.5K 704 16
ILYANA TE SULI NEYTIRI'ITE was a girl who only valued her family, her home, and her ikran. She was the daughter of two powerful warriors who fought i...
439K 13.3K 17
(Y/N) was always a special Na'vi since she was born, and thanks to the Sully family, she grew up in a loved and cared for environment. Though, she di...