The Darksield Chronicles, Boo...

Oleh DragonLord39

Coming from a destroyed world, Wraith Dragonborn has always been a unique boy. When a portal opens, and he is... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Chronicler
Chapter 2: Cynder
Chapter 3: City
Chapter 4: Questions
Chapter 5: Hey, it's the guardian of lighting (Uh, oh).
Chapter 6: Naturally, It Goes Wrong
Chapter 7: Rooftop Chase
Chapter 8: Arguments
Chapter 9: Return to the Temple (With a few detours along the way)
Chapter 10: The Plan
Chapter 11: A New Form
Chapter 12: Academy
Chapter 13: Restaurant
Chapter 14: Confession
Chapter 15: Nightmares
Chapter 16: Flight Lessons
Chapter 17: Lunch
Chapter 18: Elementary
Chapter 19: The Past and a very short Return
Chapter 20: Taking Care of Buisness
Chapter 21: In the Darkness
Chapter 22: Apologies
Chapter 23: Preparations and Practice
Chapter 24: Breakfast and Some Last-Minute Preparation
Chapter 25: The Spy's Job
Chapter 26: Best Day of My Life
Chapter 27: The Dark Side of Warfang
Chapter 28: Unexpected Allies
Chapter 29: Duel
Chapter 30: Preparations
Chapter 31: Battle
Chapter 33: The Battle of Warfang
Chapter 34: The Spy
Chapter 35: The Final Battle

Chapter 32: Regrets

292 2 7
Oleh DragonLord39

Cynder POV

Cynder opened her eyes. She was inside the main hall of the temple, and she was confused. She had gone to sleep in her room, so how the heck did she end up here? Then she remembered the dreams, and she shuddered. She had been fighting someone in armor and then that person turned into Wraith. She was glad that those dreams were just that—dreams.

Then she glanced down and noticed something coming from below her. It was blood. She got to her feet and backed away. Wraith lay on the ground where she had been, blood pouring from teeth marks and claw marks all over his chest. She gasped.

"Wraith?" Then she looked down at her own claws and saw that they were dipped in red. She realized that those dreams weren't dreams at all. They had really happened.

She immediately ran to his side and crouched down. His chest was still moving, so that meant he was still alive. She gently eased her claws under him and lifted him up. She glanced around. There weren't any red crystals anywhere. Then she remembered that the infirmary at the academy had red crystals. She immediately ran off down the hall and opened the doors, cradling Wraith's limp body as she did.

When she opened the doors, she noticed a group of armed cheetahs on the ground, including Hunter. All were unconscious and covered in wounds.

"What happened?" she wondered. Then she remembered Wraith and shot into the sky. She glanced down. Blood still leaked from his wounds, but not as much as before. "Hang on, Wraith," she whispered.

Spyro POV

Spyro opened his eyes and immediately groaned. Every bone in his body hurt. He stood up and glanced around. He was in some kind of crater. All around, unconscious dragons, moles, and cheetahs lay strewn about as if they had been in some kind of battle. As he watched, the dragons started moving again, then the cheetahs, then the moles.

"What happened?"

Spyro turned. Flame had apparently snuck up on him. Spyro shrugged. "I don't know. Last thing I remember was going to the dance. Then there were these weird dreams..." He trailed off, horror striking him. "Flame," he asked cautiously. "Did you happen to go through the same thing I did?"

Flame nodded. "Yeah. Everyone's talking, and it seems like everyone did as well."

Spyro cursed. "We were in our dark forms. But I don't understand. How could all of us go into our dark forms all at once?"

Flame shook his head. "I'm not sure." Then, suddenly, he stiffened. "Spyro, do you remember what happened during the battle?"

Spyro nodded. "Somewhat. All I remember is flying into the air to fight some kind of creature. I remember its eyes. They looked like Wraith's..."

Suddenly, he realized something, and apparently Flame did as well. "Wraith." They both spun around and shot toward the temple. If Spyro remembered correctly, Cynder had been stationed there to guard some kind of crystal that had been keeping them all under Malefor's control.

They landed and peered inside, ignoring the cheetahs that were starting to gain consciousness. Blood was spattered in random places including a big patch near the middle. Worry flashed through Spyro. Someone had been grievously injured, most likely Wraith. He spun toward Flame. "Where do you think Cynder took Wraith?"

Flame considered the question. "I think she might have taken him to the academy infirmary. It's the closest place with red crystals."

Spyro nodded. "Let's go."

They shot into the sky.

Flame POV

They landed outside the infirmary and immediately darted inside. Wraith lay on a bed, covered in blood, claw marks, and bites. Cynder was rummaging around the room, obviously looking for red crystals.

Flame dashed over. "Cynder."

She spun around. "Guys!" she cried in relief. Then her face turned back to worry. "Wraith is seriously injured. I'm not sure how or why, but I know that I'm responsible." Her eyes filled with shame, and she looked down at her claws.

Spyro walked over and gently placed a wing on her shoulders, comforting her.

Flame started rummaging through the bins. Soon, he found what he was looking for. "Here!" he shouted as he held up a cluster of red crystals. He immediately brought them over, Spyro and Cynder at his side, and placed the crystals beside Wraith.

At first, nothing happened. Then the crystals began to lose their glow, and the cuts on Wraith's body started to close.

Cynder POV

Cynder knelt beside Wraith and placed a talon on his wrist. She could still feel his pulse. Then she turned her attention back to his chest as his wounds started to heal. Guilt flooded her. She was the one who had done this to him. She shook her head. She could apologize later. Right now, she needed to make sure Wraith was alright. She stood and looked down at his face. Please Wraith, she prayed silently. Please be okay.

Wraith POV

Wraith opened his eyes and glanced around. Once again, he was in the dreamscape, only this time it was in a library. He turned. Sure enough, there was Ignitus, reading some kind of floating book. Wraith checked himself over. No pain, no blood, no wounds. He was glad as heck that he couldn't feel the wounds here that he had had in the real world.

"Hi, Ignitus."

The Chronicler turned. He sighed with relief. "Ah, Wraith, I'm glad that you're alive."

Wraith rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and thanks for the heads up."

"How was I supposed to know what was going to happen? Events that you experience get mirrored in this book, so I can't read more than what you already know," Ignitus protested.

Wraith sighed. "Yeah, I know. Sorry."

"It's alright, young one. Now I have called you here to give you a warning. Malefor has returned."

Wraith stared. "How?"

Ignitus shrugged. "I'm not sure. I think that when you destroyed the crystal, you must have unleashed all the energy within it. Apparently, Malefor siphoned off that energy and used it to break out of his prison. He is currently raising an army to march on Warfang."

Wraith sighed. "Thanks for the warning and all, but I got a question for you. Did you know about the legend?"

Ignitus nodded. "I did, and when I pulled you from your world, I could sense some sort of energy within you that fit the description."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Wraith demanded.

Ignitus sighed. "Being the Chronicler, I couldn't tell you any information that you didn't already know."

"Then how come you told me about Malefor's return?" Wraith asked.

Ignitus sighed. "Can't you figure it out? You already know. Dragons are extremely tuned to major changes in this world, you most of all because of your past. Didn't you feel anything when the crystal exploded?"

Wraith nodded. "I guess the pain from Cynder falling on top of me blocked me from sensing his return." Suddenly, he felt a shift around him. "What's happening?"

Ignitus looked around. "You are waking up. Remember my warning."

Wraith nodded. "Thank you, Ignitus." Darkness enveloped him, and Wraith closed his eyes.

Wraith opened his eyes and registered three things at once: his wounds were gone, though he still felt some pain from his ribs; he was in the infirmary in the academy; and Flame, Spyro, and Cynder were kneeling beside him.

He turned his head and looked at their scales. All good there. He glanced toward their heads and saw red, purple, and emerald-green eyes looking back at him.

"Cynder, is that you?" he asked hesitantly.

She nodded, tears in her eyes. "Wraith, I-I'm sorry."

He sat up and glanced at the others. "And you guys are back to normal, too?"

They nodded. Wraith grinned, then turned back toward Cynder just as she tackled him in a hug. "I'm glad that you're all right."

"Ow," he protested. "Ribs already broken." But he hugged her back. "I'm glad that you're alright, too."

They separated, and Wraith glanced toward the others. "So, you guys doing okay?"

They nodded.

"Don't expect a hug from me, man," Flame said.

Wraith laughed. "I wouldn't anyways. But from Spyro, eh, I don't know; I mean he is kind of the emotional type."

Flame and Cynder burst out laughing at the expression on Spyro's face.

Wraith grinned weakly, but then his expression turned serious. "Guys, there's something I need to tell you." He was about to explain about Malefor's return when Volteer, Cyril, and Terrador burst into the room.

Wraith jumped. "Jeez, where the heck did you guys come from?"

Terrador ignored him. "We have a big problem. One of our cheetah scouts reported that Malefor has returned."

Wraith facepalmed. "Yeah, that's what I was going to say."

They stared at him.

"How did you—" Cyril began, but Wraith cut him off. "The Chronicler visited me. Is everyone alright from that battle?"

Everyone stared at him... again.

"How did you know about the battle?" Spyro asked.

Wraith waved a hand. "Later. Right now, we have other things to worry about. Ignitus told me that Malefor is gathering an army as we speak. We only have a couple of hours before they arrive."

Terrador turned toward the other two guardians. "We must rally all the citizens of Warfang. Send one of our messengers to Chief Prowlus and see if he can send some troops to our aid."

Volteer nodded and ran off.

Terrador turned to the others. "We're going to need all the help we can get if we are going to face off against Malefor's army."

Wraith coughed loudly into his fist, causing everyone to look at him. "Actually, I think I might be able to help. Can you move all your troops so that they are all in front of Warfang and on the plains?"

Terrador nodded. "Yes, I think I can. What are you going to do?"

Wraith grinned. "Just wait and see." With that, he turned and ran out the door.

Several hours later, Wraith stepped out into a clearing east of Warfang and beheld the temporary camp that the fire scorpions, now returned to their true forms as Dragon Blades, had set up. Almost immediately, Horizon walked up to him.

"Wraith." He sounded relieved. "We were beginning to think that you had been killed."

Wraith shrugged. "It'll take more than a little acid to kill me. I need to address everyone. Can you assemble all the troops in the center of camp?"

Horizon nodded and walked off.

Wraith strode into the camp, making his way around silvery tents until he came upon the center where a fire was lit. Several minutes later, Horizon had assembled the entire army around the fire with a ring of clear space around the fire. Wraith glanced around at the army.

"Dragon Blades!" he shouted. "The time has come once again. You have all served well on the field of battle today, but alas, there is more to come. Malefor himself has returned and is bringing an army to attack Warfang."

Shocked murmurs ran through the crowd.

"However," Wraith continued, "despite what some of you may think, we can win this fight. You have all faced off against the dragons of Warfang, and you know this to be true."

Several Dragon Blades nodded in agreement.

Wraith drew his sword. "Today, I march on to Warfang to fight against those who turned my friends against me and those who enslaved you. Who is with me?!"

As one, the warriors shouted assent.

Wraith grinned. "Let's go."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

450 15 19
What happens when you fall in love with someone you barely know? A secret kiss on the first meeting, and him mysteriously disappearing? What if you h...
132K 7K 92
Josh dreams of dragons. He thinks it's just a welcome escape from everyday life. Until one morning, he wakes up with scales, wings, and a tail. Josh...
541 7 9
Spyro and Cynder, Vexx, and Shifter along with Dempsey and the others are in great danger. Malefor and Samantha have sworn revenge on the team of dra...
159 2 11
It's been a few years since Malefor was defeated. Spyro and Cynder thought they could move on, especially now that they're living a peaceful life as...