Lizzie & Wanda One shots

By melieme

Pretty much a y/n and Lizzie or Wanda book. Y/n will be named Emma tho, cause it's a little weird not visioni... More

Morning run -E.O
Don't anger the wife -W.M
Red carpet and compliments -E.O
Red carpet and compliments Part 2 -E.O
"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" -W.M
"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Part 2 -W.M
Evans being his curious self -E.O
Silent treatment -W.M
Silent treatment Part 2 -W.M
The 3 mistakes they made -E.O
A not-so-little secret -E.O
Never trust Tom with a secret -E.O
Caught in 4k -W.M
Welcome to the panic room -W.M
Who knew she could dance like this -E.O
Now everybody hates you, congrats -W.M
Now everybody hates you, congrats Part 2 -W.M
Now everybody hates you, congrats Part 3 -W.M
I don't need you -E.O
Found the bug that bit you -E.O
I just wanted to kiss you in the middle of the dance floor -E.O
It was a good lie -W.M
It was a good lie Part 2 -W.M
If you leave, you leave for good. -E.O
Happy birthday! Who is this? -E.O
She is just not that into you -W.M
I'll take a wild guess and say that you have a crush -E.O
I'll take a wild guess and say that you have a crush Part 2 -E.O
I'll take a wild guess and say that you have a crush Part 3 -E.O
Do you come here often? -E.O
Do you come here often? Part 2-E.O
Sick day -E.O
They hate each other -W.M
They hate each other Part 2 -W.M
A joyful experience -E.O
Void -W.M
Happy New Year! Or whatever -W.M
Changing the name -E.O
Can you hold this? -E.O
Emma Bartley being in love with Elizabeth Olsen for a few minutes gay -E.O
Emma being in love with Elizabeth for a few minutes gay Part 2 -E.O
We've finally met you! -E.O
Not as tough as she looks -W.M
Stop calling me that -E.O
Betrayal -E.O
The hotel room mix-up -E.O
The hottest day of the year -E.O
Figure you out -E.O
Reading everyone's thoughts for a month -W.M
Quick! Act like you can't get enough of me! -W.M
The gayest photoshoot in history -E.O
The gayest photoshoot in history Part 2-E.O
I'd marry you with paper rings -W.M
100k Special
It's always been you -W.M
It's always been you Part 2-W.M
What do you do for cardio? -E.O
Sorry, sir, I'm just doing my job -W.M
Sorry, sir, I'm just doing my job Part 2 -W.M
Enchanted -W.M
You should get jealous more often -E.O
Crush -E.O
Crush Part 2 -E.O
No, I'm not okay -W.M
The fake date -E.O
The fake date Part 2-E.O
How it's like to date a Maximoff -W.M
Birthday surprise -E.O
Who keeps on putting mistletoes around the compound?! -W.M
That's messed up -E.O
Uber your way into my heart -E.O
Life update -A/n
A day in the life of Lizzie -E.O

When you say nothing at all -W.M

3.8K 160 68
By melieme

Hello, long time no see. I had this idea way before starting to write for this book, and I finally finished it. I think I started writing for it back in January. I remember sitting down at uni while having a break between classes and starting to write this story. So enjoy! 

This is quite a long-ish one.

Narrator's POV.

The mission was going, not great, especially for one of the members of the Avengers team. And that someone was the redheaded witch that goes by the name of Wanda.

It was supposed to be a simple mission, go in, get the info, and get out. It was anything but that. The Hydra agents were expecting them, most importantly, they were expecting her.

"Wanda, where are you?" Steve asks in the coms.

It was a mission with them and Clint, who was currently on the other side of the building fighting his own share of Hydra agents.

Steve, on the other hand, went straight it, without too much of a plan besides 'kill everyone on sight', but what's to be expected from him? This wasn't the first time he's done this, nor will it be the last.

"I'm in the lower levels." She responds with a huff in her voice.

She was getting tired and the agents seems to be multiplying whenever she downed someone. She won the fight against one, two more suddenly appear out of thin air.

"Get out of there quickly, Clint's planning on bombing the building." He shouts out of breath, which means he's either running or fighting others.

"Got it." She mutters and quickly makes work of kicking down the last remaining agents. "This room is clear." She says in her coms. "I'm coming up now."

But before she could take another step toward the door, it is quickly shut down locking her in.

"Shit." She almost shouts getting the attention of her other two teammates.

"What? What happened?" Clint quickly questions.

"They've sealed the doors." She explains and scans the room for another way out.

"I'm coming to get you out." Steve doesn't hesitate. "See if you can burst the doors open." He instructs.

She uses her powers once, the door doesn't move. Twice, nothing. Thrice, still nothing.

"What the?" She mumbles and tries again.

"Any luck?" Clint asks.

"No." She moves her attention to the ceiling wanting to burst a hole into it.

She gets one hit in before she stops abruptly.

"What's that smell?" She questions no one, her tone confused and tired.

"Try to not breathe it!" Steve tells her.

But it's too late, she already got a few good breaths of that substance.

She tries to use her powers but finds herself getting more confused when only small sparks come out of her hands.

"My powers?" Wanda mumbles completely shocked. Everything around her is becoming suddenly too much for her and she wants nothing more than to fall asleep.

"Wanda?" Clint calls her but the sound is too muffled for the witch to hear.

"Wanda!" Steve tries as well. "I'm at the door. Try to take cover!" He instructs and uses his shield to hit the door's hinges.

"I'm right behind you. Let's see if one of my explosive arrows will work." Clint calls behind him and when he sees Steve using his shield to protect himself, he shoots.

The loud explosion bursts Wanda just a bit from her daze. She looks around her and quickly starts to panic.

"It's working." Steve says and hits the hinges again, this time they coming undone with just a few more tries.

"Wanda!" Clint tries to get her attention while also helping Steve to move the door.

"Emma?" Wanda mutters confused and looks around again.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." Steve steps closer to her, not having heard her previous question.

"Can you walk?" Clint asks while taking a better look at her.

She had cuts and bruises in many places and looked way beyond tired.

Steve didn't wait for a response and quickly takes her into his arms and starts running out of the room.

"When we're out activate the bombs." He tells Clint.

They both hear Wanda mumble something but it was too quiet for them to catch.

When Steve feels her starting to tremble, he starts running faster than he thought he was able to. He was scared that one of the people he's really grown fond of was in danger.

"Emma?" She asks again, this time loud enough for both of them to hear.

"What?" Clint stops confused before starting to run again. "Who's Emma?" He asks Wanda.

"Emma." She responds tiredly, her eyes taking in everything around them as if searching for someone.

"I'm Steve, Wanda, not Emma." Steve tries to explain to her.

He feels her hold on his suit tightens.

"Emma." She says again.

"Can you say anything else? You're starting to freak me out." Clint tells her.

"Emma." That's the only thing she manages to get out before fainting.

"Do you have any idea as to what was that?" Clint addresses Steve.

"No. I'll ask Friday to have a look at her while we're going back to the compound. She was telling us about that weird smell earlier, maybe it's affecting her head somehow." Steve tried to come up with a good explanation.

Clint nodded even though Captain America couldn't see him.

When they've put enough space between them and the base, Clint clicked one of his arrows and the building started crumbling down.

The whole ride home, while Friday was scanning Wanda to try to identify the substance that she inhaled, Clint piloted the jet with Steve close enough.

The blond man was casting a look at the witch any chance he had. Friday wasn't able to identify yet what was going on with Wanda. They've even told Bruce to be prepared to have a look at the redhead as soon as they're touching down.

"Emma?" Wanda woke up scared, her eyes looking around the jet not being able to settle on anything. "Emma?" She asks again.

"Hey, hey. It's me, Steve, your friend. Do you remember me?" Steve was next to her in an instant.

Something in her eyes told him that she recognized him.

"Emma?" Wanda tries again. She looked so terrified and Steve was wondering if he has ever seen a person looked this petrified before.

"I'm not Emma. Who is Emma?" He tries this approach instead.

"We're touching down in a few minutes." Clint asks from his seat.

Wanda starts to tremble even more.

"Hey, hey. Everything is alright. I promise you." He tries to comfort her.

Wanda starts to pat her pockets and looks at Steve scared when she can't find something.

"What are you looking for?" He asks even though he had a feeling she won't be able to respond to him.

Wanda continues to look in the bag that's next to her. She finds a phone but deflates when she sees that it's not hers.

"You're looking for your phone?" Steve asks confused. "Friday ask someone to bring Wanda's phone to the medbay when we get there." He tells the A.I. and wants to pat himself on the back when he sees Wanda calming down just a tad bit. "Can you say something else besides Emma?" He tries again.

"Emma." She responds easily.

"So the answer is no." He nods in understanding. "Why, Emma, though?" He wonders out loud.

The second they land, he scoops Wanda into his arms and starts rushing to the medbay.

"What happened?" Bruce was next to him in an instant.

"She said something about a smell then her powers didn't work anymore. She's can't say anything else besides Emma too." Steve rushes out. "She fainted earlier." He added.

"I'll run some tests." Bruce replied and quickly went to work when Wanda was placed on the bed. "Did Friday say anything?" He questions.

"No, she didn't manage to detect the substance." Steve responded.

"Emma?" Wanda looked around the room in a panic once again.

"The phone! Did you bring her phone by any chance?" Steve rushes out.

"Yeah. Here." Bruce gives it to him and continues his tests.

"Emma!" Wanda looked at the phone.

"You want me to contact Emma on your phone?" Steve asked.

"Emma." Wanda replied while getting more terrified while looking at all the medical equipment.

"I will have to inject you with something that will calm you down." Bruce told her. "It's not going to hurt."

"Emma!" Wanda scurries back terrified, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey, you're safe, trust me. I won't let anything happen to you." Steve promised her instantly. This however didn't calm Wanda as much as he wanted. "While Bruce is treating your injuries I'll contact this Emma person and get her to come here. Is that okay with you?" He tried to come out with a plan.

At the mention of this woman's name, Wanda relaxed just a tad bit. Steve took this as his sign and after Bruce managed to inject her with some sleeping meds, he went outside of the lab and tried to open Wanda's phone.

After many tries, he failed and went to the one person he knew could do this in a heartbeat, Tony Stark who was sitting in the living room enjoying a nice cup of tea while having an interesting conversation with the ex-russian spy.

"Tony, hi, can you help me unlock Wanda's phone?" Steve said the moment he spotted the billionaire.

"Yeah, of course, what for? Did Wanda forget her password or what?" Tony asked confused.

"Actually, no. She's currently in the med-bay, the mission really shook her and she can only say 'Emma'. So I want to look for this girl on her phone. She seems very shaken up and the mention of me getting a hold of this person is the only thing that calmed her down." He rambled.

"Really? Who is this girl? I never heard Wanda mention any Emma." Tony muttered and quickly got to work.

"You're already looking for her info, aren't you?" Nat teased him, a smirk on her face.

"Yep. The phone was unlocked while Steve was doing his explanation. Now I'm connecting her name to the database." He explained while his attention shifted to his own phone. "Found her!"

"That was fast." Steve mumbled.

"Her full name is Emma Bartley, 25 years old, the same age as Wanda. She's working as a manager at some company that I don't really care for. Graduated from a good university as well. I found her address so if anything happens we know where to find her. She's a normal person." He read along to what was on his phone. "But no connection to our Wanda." He lifted his head to look at his friends.

"Let me call her and invite her here. It's clear that Wanda knows her one way or another, considering she has her number saved on her phone." Steve stretched out his hand waiting for the phone back.

"I mean, it's obviously her. Plus, I didn't see any other Emma saved there. In fact, she's the only contact saved in her phone, besides us, obviously." Tony pointed out and gave him Wanda's phone back.

"I'll use her phone, more chances of this woman picking up." Steve raised the phone in his hands and dialed the number.

"Put her on speaker." Nat suggested and Steve was quick to do it.

Emma answered quickly.

*Phone call.*

"Wanda, Hi!" She responded excitedly. "You're done with your mission already? You said it's going to take a while." She wondered.

After sharing a quick look with his friends, Steve cleared his throat and responded.

"Hi. This is Steve Rogers speaking." He figured it would be better to introduce himself.

A moment of silence followed. "Oh, hi." The woman responded suddenly sounding nervous.

"Do you know where the compound is located?" He asked her, trying to be as quick as possible. Wanda could wake up in any second and start freaking out again.

"Yeah?" The woman replied in an unsure voice.

"How fast can you get here?" He asked.

"Um, like 15 minutes?" She responded and it seemed like she was already moving. "Can I ask what happened?"

"I can't disclose too much on the phone, but it's related to Wanda." He left it at that. Both Tony and Nat nodded confirming he said the good thing.

"I'll be there." Her voice was now determined, with a tad bit of urgency that Nat has noticed.

"Okay." Steve responded and ended the call.

"Well, I guess now we have to wait for her to arrive." Tony said after a few moments of silence.

"Seems like it." Nat confirmed.

"While you were talking, I managed to hack into her social media profiles. There are only pictures of her and her cat. No Wanda whatsoever." Tony shared with them.

"We'll keep an eye on her, just in case." Steve responded.

"I guess it's finally time to use the room beside med-bay. It always makes me feel like I'm an agent watching the bad guys, and they can't see us. Like in every FBI movie." Tony laughed. "It's even better considering there's a wall and not a giant mirror to mess the cover."

"That was impressive when you first showed it to us." Steve agreed with him.

They continued talking for the next few minutes until Friday announced that an unknown car was getting closer to them.

"It's Emma's car, the license plate matches the one that I found in her info." Tony confirmed with them.

"Then I'm going to wait for her outside." Steve got up from the couch.

"We'll be in the room watching for any suspicious behavior." Nat told him. "Bruce just texted me saying that Wanda's all patched up and he's going to try and find out what was the thing that they sprayed her with."

"Okay." Steve nodded and went outside.

He saw the new car being parked and a few moments later, a lady comes out of it. It's the same woman from the pictures that Tony showed them.

"Hi." He greeted her first. "I'm Steve, we talked on the phone earlier." He raised his hand for a handshake.

"Hi. I'm Emma. I got here as fast as I could." She introduces herself while shaking his hand.

"Let me guide you to where Wanda is." He opened the door for her.

"Thanks. What happened to her?" Her curiosity got the best of her and she finally asked.

"As you probably know, we were on a mission earlier." He started explaining. "I won't go into too much detail, but she got into contact with some serum that has stopped her powers from working."

"That can be possible?" Emma asked confused.

"Apparently, yes." Steve nodded. "We're trying to figure out what that serum contains, as we speak."

"Okay, so she lost her powers temporarily. But other than that, she's okay, right?" Emma asked urgently, something that Steve picked up on.

"I don't know how to answer that." Steve was honest with her. "Before leaving her to get checked out, she could only say one word. And that was 'Emma'. Which is your name." He explained further. "That's how I got into contact with you. Your name and the promise of you getting here is the only thing that made Wanda calm down."

"Okay." Emma replied still trying to process what she's been told.

"Here, I don't know if she woke up yet." Steve pointed to a door and was quick to open it for her once again.

"Thanks." Emma muttered before her attention shifted to the witch on the bed.

Wanda had a few bandages here and there, but other than that, she seemed fine.

"Oh my." She whispered and stepped closer to her.

Steve was looking at her closely before deciding to leave and watch the next few minutes from the other room. If anything happens, the wall will quickly go down and they will step into action.

"I will leave you two for a bit." Steve told her.

"Okay. Thank you, again." Emma responded and watched Steve nod in acknowledgment.

The moment the door was closed, she decided to step closer to Wanda.

"Wanda, what did you get yourself in this time?" She whispered more to herself and finally sat down on the chair next to the bed.

Emma took in her whole appearance. The bandages seemed to cover injuries that weren't as bad as she thought. But what concerns her more is the way Wanda will react when she wakes up.

After a few more moments of staring at her, Emma finally takes off her jacket letting it fall on the backrest of the chair she was sitting in. She knew most likely all of the other Avengers were watching her every move. She wasn't stupid.

She made every move slower than usual so she won't alert them. The last thing she wants right now is to be separated from Wanda.

A few other minutes pass by and she finally gets the courage to take Wanda's hand into her own.

"Please be alright." She muttered while leaning on her elbows that were placed on the mattress, and bringing Wanda's hand closer to her face. "Please be okay." She repeated in the same hushed tone.

Her phone suddenly started buzzing so she freed one of her hands to see who wanted to talk with her. Unknowingly to her, Tony was also connected to her phone and could see everything that she saw on her phone.

It was her boss texting her if she will return to work after her break or not.

A quick look at Wanda was enough for her to start writing her response. She tried to keep it professional while telling him that she will in fact not come back to work today due to personal reasons. She added that there's a possibility of her missing the next few days as well.

For the most part, he seemed understanding and they both settled on Emma working from home the day after tomorrow, until she resolved everything. She thanked him.

Now, her attention was back on Wanda. She even moved her chair even closer, all of this without letting go of the redheaded girl's hand.

As if sensing her, Wanda started waking up slowly.

At first, she look around and started panicking, having not yet seen Emma.

"Hey, hey. You're safe. Everything's alright." Emma was quick to comfort her while putting herself into Wanda's sight so the witch could believe her.

"Emma." Wanda cried out.

"I'm here. You're safe, I promise you." Emma moved even closer to Wanda. "I'm here." She repeated seeing that it was calming Wanda.

"Emma." Wanda was squeezing her hand so hard Emma might have lost the circulation in her fingers, but she wouldn't change it for the world.

"Yes, my love?" Emma whispered. "Can you try and say anything else besides my name?" She tried.

Wanda looked like she was trying for a few good seconds, but then let out another "Emma."

"So that's a no." Emma gathered and that seemed to freak out Wanda even more. "Hey, it's alright. One step at a time, okay? We'll figure this out, I promise." She lifted her hand to caress Wanda's cheek. "Everything's alright, I promise." She whispered again.

Wanda suddenly lifted herself slightly and got a handful of Emma's shirt to bring her down for a kiss.

A kiss that surprised everyone watching them. By now, almost all of the Avengers were told of Wanda's situation and had come to watch and interfere in case anything happened with this stranger that was brought into their compound.

Emma broke the kiss after a few seconds and let her forehead rest on Wanda's.

The next second, Wanda starts crying and throws herself into Emma's arms.

"Let it all out." Emma whispered and adjusted her position before making sure Wanda was also comfortable. "It's scary, I know. But I'm here, you can let your emotions out." She reassured her while placing her chin on top of Wanda's head.

Wanda made herself at home in Emma's arms. She was crying in her chest and holding Emma so tight that the woman was finding it difficult to breathe sometimes, but she would not ruin the moment knowing it brings comfort to Wanda. Breathing be damned.

Emma herself was grasping Wanda's shirt so tight her knuckles were slowly turning while. However, she didn't care one bit. She closed her eyes shut and tried to stop her own tears from falling any time Wanda would sob a bit harder.

"It's okay. You're okay." She kept on repeating words of reassurance hoping it will calm Wanda down.

"Emma." Wanda called while burring her head deeper in Emma's throat.

It was uncomfortable, but Emma wouldn't dare say anything.

"Yes?" Emma turned her head a bit so she could rest her head on Wanda's, hoping this close proximity of theirs will help the witch.

It did seem like it was giving the redhead some comfort, she wasn't crying anymore. At least, not as powerful as the first time.

"Emma." Wanda tried again, but she didn't move from her place.

"You want me to do something?" Emma tried to think of things that Wanda could possibly want right now, but couldn't express through words. "Am I holding you too tight?" She asked scared.

"Emma." Wanda said once more and her hold on Emma tightened letting Emma know that that wasn't exactly what she wanted.

"Can you nod your head for me?" Emma pulled back just a tad bit to be able to look at Wanda.

Wanda looked up at her and gave her a confused look.

Seeing this, Emma raised a hand slowly and cupped her jaw. "You nod it up and down for yes." She slowly helped Wanda with the movement of her head. "And left to right for no." She did the movement with Emma's help. "Can you do it on your own?" Emma asked hoping Wanda will be able to communicate this way.

Wanda looked at Emma with her big eyes that showed nothing but love, and maybe some fear in them.

"I know you can do it. Give it a try." Emma tried to encourage her.

Slowly, Wanda nodded her head once. When she saw that she was able to do it, her eyes widened, and gave a big smile.

"See? I knew you could do it." Emma reciprocated the smile and pulled Wanda back into her arms.

"Emma?" Wanda said again, this time Emma could hear the small smile on her face.

"You want me to do something for you?" Emma asked again knowing she will get a nonverbal response from Wanda this time.

Wanda nodded her head while still having it placed on Emma's shoulder.

Emma furrowed her eyebrows while trying to think of what she can do for Wanda.

But then, she felt Wanda tap her throat.

"It has something to do with my voice?" Emma asked again and when she felt Wanda nodding her head against her shoulder, it finally clicked. "You want me to sing for you?" Wanda nodded again.

She should've thought of this way earlier. She has always been able to calm Wanda with her singing. The woman in her arms is always telling her how much she adores when Emma sings for her. Damn, she's really slow today...

Emma hummed in reply and quickly started thinking of a calming song to sing for Wanda. She almost let out a laugh when she thought of a good one.

"It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart." She started singing softly and she could already feel Wanda relaxing even further in her hold. "Without saying a word, you can light up the dark." She bopped Wanda's nose. "Try as I may, I can never explain. What I hear when you don't say a thing."

Even though Emma couldn't really see Wanda, the witch had her eyes closed while a soft smile was present on her face.

"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall. You say it best, when you say nothing at all." The irony almost made Emma laugh, but she continued singing for Wanda's ears. She knew her girlfriend liked the song when she felt a kiss on her neck.

She stopped for a moment to think of the lyrics and she felt Wanda protest.

"I'm sorry, my love, I'm trying to remember what is next in the song." Emma explained and kissed her head.

This seemed to calm Wanda.

"All day long, I can hear people talking out loud." She started again. "But when you hold me near you drown out the crowd. Try as they may, they can never define. What's being said between your heart and mine." Emma raised one of her hands and started massaging Wanda's scalp, remembering this always helps the woman.

As if on cue, Wanda relaxed even further. If she was a cat, she might have started purring.

"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall. You say it best when you say nothing at all." Emma finished the song.

She felt Wanda leaving a bunch of kisses on her neck.

"I know." Emma smiled knowingly. "I love you too." She whispered and kissed Wanda's head once more. "We will get over this, I promise." She reassured Wanda once again, somehow knowing that the redhead was worrying about it.

Their sweet moment was interrupted by Wanda's stomach letting them know the witch was hungry.

"Looks like we need to feed that beast inside of yours." Emma joked and went to break the hug but Wanda's hold on her tightened once again. "You need to eat something." Emma tried to bargain with her but Wanda was not having it. "It's been a tough day, your body needs the nutrients, especially if we want you to get stronger once again." She continued it. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise." Only at that did Wanda seem to loosen her hold.

Emma looked around the room for some buttons to let the team know that they should bring some food for Wanda, but she found nothing.

"How do I contact them?" Emma asked in general knowing Wanda wouldn't be able to answer her.

She went to stand up from the chair but Wanda was quick to grab her wrist.

"I'm not leaving you, I just want to see if anyone's outside." She tried to explain but Wanda was just looking at her, not budging.

Lucky for her, a knock on the door was heard. She turned around to look at the person who entered the room.

"Hi!" It was Steve carrying a tray with food. "It's almost time for Wanda to take some meds so we figured she better eats something first." He tried to explain.

Even though they were still watching every move the couple made, they figured a while ago it would be good for Wanda to try to eat something. It seemed as if it was perfect timing.

"I was just about to go look for someone." Emma responded gratefully. "Thank you." She told him.

Steve nodded in response before looking at Wanda, his gaze softening.

"How are you feeling, Wanda?" He asked while putting the tray on the bed.

Wanda just looked at him for a few seconds before her eyes settled on Emma.

"Emma." She said as if that's the perfect answer.

Steve nodded again and turned to look at Emma, who was currently looking at him. They both nodded at each other as if letting each other know there is going to be a bit of work into helping Wanda get better.

"Well, I shall let you eat." Steve said and patted Emma's shoulder before leaving.

When Wanda made no move toward the food, Emma knew will be the one to feed her. With that in mind, she brought the tray closer and started scooping some food on the fork.

"Open up." Emma instructed Wanda who was quick to comply.

While chewing, Wanda pointed back at her.

"You want me to keep on talking?" She asked, part of her knowing she'll get an affirmative response.

She was right, Wanda nodded once.

"Well... Not much happened today. Work was alright." She started "I talked with Claire before coming here, she said she'll take care of Nala in the meantime." She continued to feed Wanda. "You should've seen her this morning." Emma laughs at the memory. "She threw a fit when she realized you were leaving for the day. She managed to scratch almost all of my back." She shared. "I swear she loves you more than she loves me." She tried to joke and smiled some more when she saw Wanda smiling too. "It's always the same when you spend the night. She forgets who adopted her and takes care of her." She continued the joke.

While she was telling Wanda all of this, she managed to make her eat half of what Steve brought for them. To be fair, it was a pretty big meal.

So Wanda let her know she doesn't want any more with a shake of her head.

"Are you sure?" Emma asked and smiled in satisfaction when Wanda nodded her head.

The redhead pointed at Emma.

"Me?" She asked and Wanda nodded. "You want me to eat the rest?" Wanda nodded again.

Just now Emma looked at the clock and widened her eyes when she saw the time. She's been with Wanda for quite some time.

She also, just now realized how hungry she is. She skipped her lunch break earlier in the day since she had a lot of work to do. Then, when she did want to take a break to eat, she was called and came straight to the compound.

Knowing she needs to entertain Wanda somehow while eating, she brought her phone out and opened the gallery.

"I took some new pictures of Nala." She announced and gave Wanda her phone to see them.

She almost fist-bumped when Wanda took the phone and started admiring the pictures, but she stopped herself and instead started eating. She knew Wanda wouldn't be happy with her if she saw how much she was hurrying to eat so she can get back into cuddling with her girlfriend.

"Emma." Wanda said, her attention still on her phone.

"Yeah?" Emma spoke and lifted herself from the chair to see what Wanda saw on her phone.

It was a photo of them from their last date. Both of them were looking at the camera with the biggest smiles possible while behind them there was a gorgeous sunset.

For a moment Emma thought of asking Wanda if she could write anything down for them to communicate but scratched the idea pretty soon considering Wanda had trouble with nodding her head yes or no.

She also realized that, since it was getting quite late, she'll either need to ask the Avenger for their permission to stay here overnight or go home soon. However, the last option meant leaving Wanda alone for the night and that was not something that she wanted to do considering the state her girlfriend was currently in.

She can also imagine Wanda's protest at the thought of Emma leaving for the night. If she didn't want Emma to leave so she can get food for her, how would she accept Emma going home to sleep?

Yeah, asking the Avengers it is.

As if someone was reading her thoughts, the door opened again and this time Black Widow was stepping into the room.

"Hey, Wanda." She said softly. "Bruce said it would be best to take your meds for the night." She pointed at her hands which were carrying a few pills and a glass of water.

Wanda did not seem to like that, her eyes widened and she tried to put as much space between them as possible.

"Hey, I know it's scary, but you have to." Emma tried to convince her. "Can I?" She turned around and pointed at the pills.

Natasha nodded, her eyes watching Emma very carefully.

Emma took them and showed them to Wanda.

"Imagine them as vitamins." Emma started talking. "They are good for your body and will help you get better." She continued when she saw Wanda relaxing.

She raised her palm and waited for Wanda to make the first step.

When she took one pill, Emma almost let out a relieved sigh but stopped herself. Instead, she raised the glass she took from Natasha and helped Wanda drink the pills.

"That's it. Good job!" She stated proudly.

Even Natasha looked a bit proud that Wanda took her meds.

"It's quite late." The Black Widow spoke.

"Yeah, I know." Emma responded and turned around to look at her.

"Are you planning on spending the night or going back home?" Natasha asked even though a part of her already knew the answer.

"I would like to stay if that's okay with everyone." Emma spoke while casting a quick look at Wanda who was laying down, watching them.

"And do you plan on staying for the whole recovery?" She asked again, her protective side working full time.

After all, Emma was still a stranger to them. She already understood this and didn't hold it against the Avengers. They had all of the reasons to not trust her.

"Yeah." Emma responds while keeping eye contact with Natasha.

"Alright." Natasha nods once. "I would assume you need some stuff from your place?" She asks quietly, hoping that Wanda would not throw a fit.

As if catching this, Emma turns around and sees Wanda with her eyes almost closed, looking very relaxed.

"Yeah, but after she's fully asleep." Emma whispers.

"I'll come with you." The Black Widow stated.

That seemed fair in Emma's opinion.

"Alright." Emma turned around to watch Wanda.

When it finally seemed like Wanda was asleep, Emma turned around and saw Natasha analyzing her.

"Can someone come and keep her company? I wouldn't want for her to accidentally wake up and panic when she sees that she's alone." She asked the woman in front of her.

"Steve is on his way here." Natasha said in return.

"Thanks." Emma nodded and slowly got up from the chair. She looked at Wanda one more time and couldn't stop herself from leaning and leaving a soft kiss on her head.

The small smile that formed on Wanda's lips made Emma smile as well.

"Let's go." She whispered and followed Natasha out of the room.

The ride toward Emma's apartment was silent. Although Emma saw Natasha looking out the window, she knew that the Black Widow was watching her every move. She also knew that she came with her so she could keep an eye on her. Also, in case she tries to do something stupid, be there to stop her.

However, Emma would have to be an idiot to try to do something with someone that can kill her in a blink of an eye.

"This is where I live." Emma said after she parked the car, even though she had a hint that Natasha already knew where her home is way before getting in the car.

"Alright." Natasha responded and got out of the car.

Emma walked ahead so she could open the door for them.

When they finally got in front of the apartment, Emma took her keys out.

"Heads up, I don't know in what state I left the apartment." She admitted sheepishly.

"There's a lot of men in the compound, trust me when I say that I'm used to." Natasha tried to joke.

"I know what you mean. I grew up with 3 brothers. They made such a mess sometimes, or most of the time." Emma confessed.

She finally opened the door to the apartment. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

"I'll go pack some clothes. Feel free to roam the apartment. There are some drinks in the fridge, help yourself to some." Emma said and walked down a corridor.

Natasha was left to admire the apartment. It was very cozy decorated. She could pinpoint exactly which decorations were bought by her friend, Wanda. They were definitely her style.

She also saw a bunch of photos of the two of them. They were hung all over the walls of the apartment.

The sight of a very good friend of hers smiling so much in pictures was enough to warm some of her cold exterior. They clearly seemed like a very happy couple. This and the moments with the couple she got to witness in the room were a big hint.

Exploring further into the space, Natasha decided to follow Emma's steps. She saw the woman packing some clothes into a bag in what seemed to appear a bedroom.

"For how long have you and Wanda been together?" She asked taking Emma by surprise.

"Oh, hi!" Emma turned around startled. She was clearly deep in thought before Natasha came into the room. "For almost 3 years. 2 and a half actually." She said.

This shocked Natasha, they had no idea Wanda was even in a relationship in the first place. But being in one that's over 2 years?

"Why didn't Wanda say anything?" Natasha asked her.

"She didn't want the secret to be out. She knew she is a walking target and there are many people who will want to hurt her. So by keeping the relationship a secret, there are less chances of something happening to me. This included not telling you, her family, about us." Emma responded and zipped up the bag.

"That makes sense. But now, we can protect you. We are the Avengers overall." The redhead stated.

"Thanks. I appreciate that, and I know Wanda does as well." They make a small pause thinking about Wanda's current condition.

"She's a tough one, she'll get better in no time." Natasha tried to comfort Emma.

"Yeah, she is very strong indeed." Emma nods and swallows. "We'll just be there for her along the way."

"Indeed." Natasha agreed. "You got everything?"

"Yeah. Let's go." Emma answered.

But before going out of the apartment's door, she spotted something and went back for it.

Natasha watched her curiously. She saw her coming back with a burgundy blanket.

The same blanket that she could always see on Wanda's bed. But recently, it was nowhere to be seen. She thought Wanda gave it to be cleaned and just didn't get it back yet.

"We can go now." Emma confirmed and locked the apartment.

The drive back to the compound wasn't as tense as the first time, although it was still filled with silence.

"Would you like me to show you to Wanda's room to sleep in?" Natasha offered.

"No, it's alright. I'll go to the med-bay. I don't want her to wake up thinking I left her alone while in this vulnerable state." Emma declined. "Thank you, though."

"Okay then. Good night." Natasha nodded once in understanding.

"Good night." Emma responded back.

When she finally returned to the room, she greeted Steve, who left pretty soon after she opened the door, she let her bag hit the ground. She already changed at home, so she dropped herself on the chair.

The bed was too small for her to try and fit in next to Wanda. She doesn't want to accidentally hurt Wanda considering she's still physically hurt.

So, she let herself fall asleep on the chair. Her last thoughts for the night were about Wanda and how she really hopes the witch will get better soon.

But a part of her already knows the witch will pull it thought. And she will be there along the way, supporting her and offering her all of the love that Wanda deserves. 

I hope you liked it! I might write a part 2 with Wanda getting better, but I'm not quite sure yet. We shall see. 

I'm getting into a busy period at my uni. I have like 2 more weeks left before exams. Then it's graduation for finishing uni. But that's not what I'm more stressed about. It's my work for the diploma that is worrying me. I don't know how things work in your countries, but here everyone gets a subject/thing they can talk about and maybe experiment on it. And at the end of uni, you get to present that thing in front of a panel of teachers, and they will decide if your research/idea was good or not. Or the work you put into it was good or not. 

It's quite stressful if I'm being honest. I'm almost done with the lab part, now I have to write some theoretical parts for my diploma, and also design something in an app to truly show that I'm an engineer. Yay me.

Anyway, that stuff aside, I hope everyone's alright and well. I'm going to go back to play some minecraft now. 

Stay safe and take care of yourself! I'll see you in the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 5.7K 30
Wanda x Y/N One shots Natasha x Y/N One shots Elizabeth Olsen one shots Scarlett Johanson one shots Will be girl x girl Taking requests, would like f...
370K 10.2K 48
Lizzie Olsen & Female Reader Book 1: Y/N is a 25 year old high school teacher in Florida who loves Marvel (duh), sharks, music and writing. When her...
15.5K 580 13
(Original series from my tumblr @abimess) Summary: You and Wanda have known each other since you were little. And a love story that could've been as...
148K 4.9K 25
(Y/N) is a vampire, she wasn't searching for love or anything else. She just wanted peace for herself, but will it be that way or is something else c...