Second Chance (Taekook)

By My_IntrusiveThoughts

He spent his whole life chasing after a guy, wanting love, running after it. Desperately grasping at anything... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER - 1
CHAPTER - 2
CHAPTER - 3
CHAPTER - 4
CHAPTER - 5
CHAPTER - 6
CHAPTER - 7
CHAPTER - 8
CHAPTER - 9
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER -13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
CHAPTER - 39
CHAPTER - 41
CHAPTER - 42
CHAPTER - 43
CHAPTER - 44
CHAPTER - 45
CHAPTER - 46
CHAPTER - 47
CHAPTER - 48
CHAPTER - 49
CHAPTER - 50
CHAPTER - 51
CHAPTER - 52
CHAPTER - 53
CHAPTER - 54
CHAPTER - 55
CHAPTER - 56
CHAPTER - 57
CHAPTER - 58
CHAPTER - 59
CHAPTER - 60
CHAPTER - 61
CHAPTER - 62
CHAPTER - 63
CHAPTER - 64
CHAPTER - 65
CHAPTER - 66
CHAPTER - 67
CHAPTER - 68
CHAPTER - 69
CHAPTER - 70
CHAPTER - 71
CHAPTER - 72
CHAPTER - 73
CHAPTER - 74
CHAPTER - 75
CHAPTER - 76
CHAPTER - 77
CHAPTER - 78
CHAPTER - 79
CHAPTER - 80
CHAPTER - 81
CHAPTER - 82
CHAPTER - 83
CHAPTER - 84
CHAPTER - 85
CHAPTER - 86
CHAPTER - 87
CHAPTER - 88
CHAPTER - 89
CHAPTER - 90

CHAPTER - 40

2K 92 25
By My_IntrusiveThoughts

The Garden Route : George and Knysna

George

The Next day, nearly around 1 PM, they all left Mossel Bay to continue their journey. Their next destination was George.

As Taehyung said, this time him and Jeongguk were also traveling via car with their family. It was fun and soon they reached their destination as it was just 32 minutes ride from Mossel Bay to George.

George is the second largest city in the Western Cape province of South Africa. It is situated on a 10-kilometre plateau between the Outeniqua Mountains to the north and the Indian Ocean to the south.

George is the gateway to the gorgeous Garden Route. It is blessed with abundant of wildlife and stunning beaches, along with the mountains, and man made old building that make it retain its diverse beauty in all aspect.

The place they all visited first was Outeniqua Transport Museum.

"Why is it so special Ggukie? Why is this museum so famous?" Taehyung asked after sometime as every other member were busy taking pictures with the old railways and listening to grandfather Jeon telling about some stories of his time.

"Baby, This museum earlier was a railway station. This museum in some way display the heritage and history of this country. This museum has different houses which feature different types of old steam locomotives, privately owned Vintage cars, road motor vehicles, and a brilliant collection of steam locomotive number plates. Beautiful old dining cars with pillars are also on display. So, this place is also intriguing to Car lovers." Jeongguk calmly explained.

"Oh! Smart Ggukie." Taehyung said as he pecked Jeongguk's cheeks and asked Jeongguk to take his pic while he started posing. Jeongguk without any complaint did so.

After they toured the whole museum they all left for their next planned destination. Montagu Pass.

The Montagu Pass is the oldest unaltered pass in South Africa. The 8 kilometers long Pass contains 126 bends corners and curves. This pass was constructed in order to replace the deadliest Cradock Pass.

The Pass was like a beautiful alternative way to escape the chaotic life of high-speed traffic and hustle-bustle of horns.

"Come Baby." Jeongguk said as he offered his hand to Taehyung who held it without hesitation. He looked around and saw everyone was going somewhere.

"Where?"

"We are going to Old Toll House."

"What is that?"

"The Old Toll House on the Montagu Pass is a well-renowned heritage site and Built of local stone. It was expected to provide accommodation to toll keeper and his family. It suffered great damage due to wildfire but was restored and now it has been developed into a museum, depicting the history."

"Oh. How do you know all this?" Taehyung asked.

"Because I read." Jeongguk replied as he bopped Taehyung's nose.

"No wonder you and hyung are good friends." Taehyung replied as he rolled his eyes.

"Did you just rolled your eyes?" Jeongguk questioned narrowing his eyes.

"Well I did. What are you gonna do about it?" Taehyung said as he blowed on his nails.

"Wait. I'll show you what I am gonna do." Jeongguk replied and ran after Taehyung who started running when he saw Jeongguk pulling his sleeves up.

"Stop Ggukie."

"No. You rolled your eyes at me. Me, Jeon Jeongguk."

Jeon family was smiling seeing their son being this happy and childish with their future son in law.

"He really brings happiness for your bunny." Jeongguk's mother said.

"We did really good when we arranged their engagement." Jeongguk's aunt said as she secretly clicked some pictures of them.

"Yeah. I hope they always stay like this." Mrs. Jeon said.

"They will be. I will make sure of that." Mr. Jeon suddenly said. "I will not let anything happen to my children's happiness."

"Now, don't run baby, you will get tired." Jeongguk shouted when he saw Taehyung running fast. He was scared that he will get hurt. But Taehyung listened to Jeongguk and stopped running. He was panting.

Jeongguk offered him water and wiped his face with his handkerchief.

"Bunny, Bear. Let's go." Mrs. Jeon called them after sometime and they went to their next destination in George. The Outeniqua Power Van.

Rail trips on the Outeniqua Power Van are ideal for family outings and it is one of the most popular attractions in the town. The Outeniqua Power Van offers a unique, breathtaking Eco-friendly experience to the Outeniqua Mountains. The ride also offers a great experience in the forest, Fynbos and Proteas, four passes, waterfalls and seven tunnels, bird, and animal life.

They went there and had their lunch while admiring the nature. They rested there for one hour and then again left for their next destination. Victoria Bay.

Victoria Bay is one of the smallest and most beautiful bays on the Garden Route. It marks as the smallest yet the most gorgeous Bays located on the Garden Route covered by cliffs.

W

hen they reached there, it was quietness all around, it was gorgeous and beautiful with a fantastic view of the ocean.

They stayed there for one hour while enjoying the water sports offered there and then they visited St. Marks Cathedral.

After sitting there for half hour they started their journey towards their last visiting destination in George. George Botanical Garden.

This botanical garden is situated at the top of the Caledon Street, the George Botanical Garden is worth a visit for its value. The garden is like the brainchild of the of the Garden Route Botanical Society.

"It's so beautiful." Taehyung whispered.

"Not more than you." Jeongguk whispered in his ear, successfully turning him red.

"Shut up Ggukie."

Jeongguk laughed seeing his Taehyung so shy. He love when usual bold Taehyung turn shy whenever he say something like this.

"Tell me about this garden Ggukie." Taehyung said after sometime as he held Jeongguk's hand.

"Baby, this garden plays an important role in both the conservation and study of the critical floral kingdom. It is also known as the photographers paradise."

"Well It definitely justify its name."

After clicking some photographs they went back to their lounge in Victoria Bay and after having their dinner went to their beds. It was tiring today and they have to leave in the morning for their next destination. Yes, it was tiring but all of them were excited.

_________________________________________________

Next Morning

Knysna

The next morning after having their breakfast they all left for the third stop of Garden Route. Knysna.

Knysna is a small town in the western province of South Africa and is one of the destinations on the loosely defined Garden Route tourist route. It's also home to the country's largest indigenous forest.

The town is primarily built on the northern shore of a large warm-water estuary, known as the Knysna Lagoon, which is fed by the Knysna River. The estuary opens to the ocean after passing between two large headlands made up of Peninsula Formation quartzites.

The first place they visited there was Knysna Elephant Park.

Taehyung was probably the most excited one. He loves elephant but that doesn't mean that he was not scared of going close to them. All of them were fucking huge.

"Ggukie I also want to feed them." Taehyung said to Jeongguk and we all know it is not possible that Taehyung want something and Jeongguk don't bring that. So, he replied

"Go, feed them."

"We can?"

"Yes baby. But under the guide's supervision. Go."

"I am sacred."

"Wait, I'll be there with you."

And then they both together fed the elephants and walked among the herd and touched the gentle giants all while the expert guide shared his knowledge about Knysna elephant.

After spending few hours there, they went to their next destination, Knysna Head.

The heads of Knysna is a place where the ocean comes into the lagoon between mountain heads, the views from the top is absolutely stunning & leaves one breathless at the awesomeness of the Creation!

They stopped at first below the heads and walked around the walkways to the rocks, where the Indian Ocean breaks in and enjoyed the power of the ocean. Than they drive up to the heads and had a bright view via the ocean, the lagoon and the surrounding area.

They had their lunch there in one of the small restaurant there and stayed there for few hours and then started their journey to Featherbed Nature Reserve.

Featherbed Nature Reserve is a privately owned nature reserve on the Western Headland of the Knysna River Estuary on South Africas Garden Route.

It's vegetation is characterised by Knysna Sand Fynbos and coastal dune thicket. Large portions of the fynbos, and large stands of invasive alien vegetation (particularly rooikrans - Acacia cyclops), which once infested the Reserve, were decimated by fires in the 2017 Cape storm and Knysna fires. Following the fires, the reserve management instituted a systematic eradication programme in an attempt to contain the resurgence of the rooikrans.

It was beautiful experience there. Their next and last destination there was, Knysna lagoon.

The Knysna Lagoon opens between two sandstone cliffs known as the Heads – once proclaimed by the British Royal Navy to be the most dangerous harbour entrance in the world.

They hired a boat and enjoyed and enjoyed the calm waters and the beautiful sunset. After having their breakfasts, they all retired to their beds, excited for the rest of their vacation.

___________________________________________________

Here is the next chapter.

How was it? Let me know your thoughts.

One more chapter and then we will be back to South Korea.

SO, there is one short story, very short 3 chapters maximum. No angst and all. Do you guys want to read it. Let me know. I have drafts prepared.

Thank you so much for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 12.8K 34
Taehyung is gorgeous, everyone knows that. Everyone including Jungkook who finds himself quickly intrigued by the beauty he's never laid eyes on befo...
130K 6.9K 33
Jeon Jungkook, taking revenge on Kim Taehyung,in a very sweet way, because Kim Taehyung runied Yugyeom's life, someone very near to Jungkook A boy wh...
218K 18.4K 60
A dedicated and passionate patissier could have never imagined his soft delicate hands would come across as the embodiment of rough and tough in the...
784K 32.3K 59
❝Even after my hopes being torn apart, even after carrying a broken heart, even after all your faults, I was, am and will be forever your...