RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 22: Despair and Hope

327 14 1
By Lerpa2k2

WARNING!

LIGHT GORE AHEAD

If you are stomach-sensitive, you might as well brace yourself with the f*ck up

=========================================================================

In ancient times, darkness has always been the partner of light for they are inseparable. Light existed only when the god of creation willed for light to come, but the god of creation is aware of the void called darkness. 

It has always been there, during the day as the shadows and crevices light won't hit, and at night when the people rest their bodies. 

Then there's darkness in the hearts of people, no matter how bright life is, there is always a way darkness finds its way to creep into the hearts of the people no matter what.

[We killed them right?] (??) In the depths of a certain dungeon somewhere...

[Surely, we gut them out and cut their heads off. What now?] (??)

[What now? Fool, weren't you listening to the boss earlier that we will dispose of their bodies because they're useless?] (??) 

Murder, the act of killing a person which by all laws forbidden happened in the very depths of a certain dungeon. What makes it gut wrenching is the fact that the victims of this murder, had their heads cut off and their stomachs brought out from the inside-out. The stench of death, blood, and guts wafts in the air as the suspects hidden in the dark dragged the bodies one-by-one.

[For now lay low, I have received news from the guys at the capital that the knights are going to be dispatched in this city later on] (??) Another dark figure appeared to join the fray.

[Shit! Those white shits are coming huh, what do we do then boss?] (??)

[Like I said, we must not allow ourselves to get caught otherwise our goal which is already at our reach would get destroyed again] (??) For a brief moment, a glimpse of the leader's face can be seen with a huge scar traversing from his right temple, to his right eye, then to his right cheek. 

Something sinister is brewing at the unknown depths of the dungeons somewhere

......

......

......

[So we're back at this shit hole again] (??) Early in the morning, as the lives of the city folks starts by the day....A large group of white armored nights bearing a flag with a crest of a paladin arrived at the city's eastern gate.

[Stop with those words Zena, aren't you a woman? Be delicate with your words] (??)

[Yes yes knight commander, but I am just irritated because we're back at this city because our hunches were correct] (Zena) In front of the group were their platoon commander and platoon leaders. 

The men and women lined up orderly as they awaited for the instruction from their respective leaders, and their horses snorted and neighed as it gained a momentary amount of rest. They were quite a sight due to their armor of white color, rather they were well known by everyone except for a certain someone.

[Knight commander, I think we should take temporary residence on the inn nearby. I've asked the guards about a place to stay, and they recommended that inn] (??) Pointing at the distant signage board with the drawing of an ale mug being crossed from behind with a pair of fork and spoon, was a voice that came from a rather young man.

[I see, good job Eland. We should take rest for we have just arrived from a long trip, okay troops! Dismissed!] (??) Their platoon commander had a tall figure, and the huge halberd strapped at her back only made his/her figure even more threatening to others.

[[[[[HAAA!!]]]]]

......................

...........

.......

Another morning came, thus I thanked the gods and whoever it was up above with my chance of obtaining a second life. 

[Waaaaaa....what a great way to start the day with some hot coffee and stale bread] The coffee beans were freshly ground that's why the aroma was quite strong and enticing, the taste? It was great. Stale and stone-hard bread got defeated by the coffee hence it was a great combination. The only problem is that there's a lot of guests today, specifically knights donning themselves in a complete set of white armor.

Arriving early in the morning, all 50 vacant rooms of all kind were immediately got taken by them....the days worth of rent? 1 month.

[Book each of us for 1 month and include breakfast and dinner as well] (??)

[Yes........that will all be....] I can't forget that for once, I will see gold coins as payment for an inn accommodation. A bag of those, 10? 20? I don't know anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I do have a lot of gold coins in my stash but it was my first time seeing it as payment at this inn. Commonly it is silver coins and copper coins as those are common; gold coins are just that uncommon since most city folks would keep it as savings.

It's like seeing the $1000 bill for the first time as a kid despite having $10,000 in your parent's debit card.

Also the person in front of me is an eye-patched female knight, and behind her is an ivory white halberd with golden streaks. What is with the girls I met these days? Why are they all muscled up and have their favorite weapons at their backs?

Anyway I received the payment and then guided the guests to their rooms, other than that it was pretty normal early in the morning.

The next thing to be done is to check for the inventory of food stocks and beverages. This inn buys food early in the morning before the sun rises, as for the booze and other drinks it is often bought at night since that is when bars are active. Brewery is quite common here especially for alcoholic stuffs like beer, mead, and of course wine. As such the budget is quite high, and the one tasked for that is sir Matthew. 

[Lad, you should eat breakfast by now. I will handle the work here in your stead] (Matthew) 

[Got it] I am already used to the life here, and I vowed to myself that I will protect this feeling at all cost. The food, the bed, and shelter are the basics but these by itself are enough to satisfy me.....and that satisfaction is ruined by the situation of having an organization who's aim is to destroy the world...

As if someone would want world domination right? Do they even have the money and forces to do so? 

I laughed in my mind as I head into the kitchen, not knowing that I just dropped a huge jinx on myself

....

....

....

A dungeon is an adventurers best friend and enemy. We can earn money through exploring it and looting the items found in the depths of the place, as for being an enemy...let us say that 9:1 is the threat to our lives. The chance of dying is 10% and double if you're new, careless, and naive. 

[And that is how we arrive in our current rank] (Rynia)

[..............] Long story short, those words mentioned above were stories from the experiences the twins have gone through in their journey as adventurers when they were still in the beginning stages of their career.

Rank B. Hearing the letter B as an item rank sounds disappointing, but when you talk about the person's rank in the dangerous business called "adventuring"...that is when you think it is already high enough for someone to consider retiring after reaching the aforementioned rank. 

After breakfast comes the usual pesky visitor, except she's not with her twin this time. It seems that poor ol' Ethan was on an errand.......

In short I am forced to deal with the usual again.

[Okay, but what does that have to do with me?]

[Huh? You haven't entered your first dungeon, so I am here to bring you to one] (Rynia)

[......................Excuse me?] The breakfast which was quite delicious, had its taste disappear in my mouth after hearing the sinister words from this red head's mouth.

[Also we will have to accompany a group of knights later on] (Rynia)

[EXCUSE ME?!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 33 128
I started off as nothing, just a mass of consciousness that slowly evolved. Just your average overpowered existence hungry for a multiverse adventure...
1.4K 50 3
In the year 2081, every studio and industry came together to create a game of every franchise to appease the most people imaginable. They called it W...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...