Sui Generis

By Thailani_

Life was bad for Neviah. She was an innocent girl that had nothing to live for. Her parents were killed and... More

Chapter 1: Scraps, Bones & Grub
Chapter 2: Indoor Blizzard
Chapter 3: Dragon Breeders
Chapter 4: New Beginnings
Chapter 5: Welcome Pack
Chapter 6: Unwanted Match
Chapter 7: Chilling Freedom
Chapter 8: Stood Up
Chapter 9: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 10: July Heat
Chapter 11: Kindling Desire ♡
Chapter 12: Icy Fire ♡
Chapter 13: Deep Revelations
Chapter 14: Untamed Beast
Chapter 15: Familiar Faces
Chapter 16: Sweet Nothings♡
Chapter 17: Unspoken Link
Chapter 18: Change of Heart
Chapter 19: Flow of Water
Chapter 21: Alternative Possibilties
Chapter 22: Feverish Love
Chapter 23: Carnal Tension♡
Chapter 24: Offical Documents
Chapter 25: Bonfire Night
Chapter 26: False Hope
Chapter 27: Sour Strawberries
Chapter 28: Crowded Isolation
Chapter 29: Hard Decisions

Chapter 20: Old Flame

896 65 40
By Thailani_

[Neviah]

I took a deep breath staring at the bare living room. Andy was going to deliver the furniture we bought, so I needed to get the place ready and cleaned. Fortunately, Brax was called into work for the day, so I could surprise him. He went later in the morning and told me it meant he wouldn't finish until around midnight. I didn't know if it would be a good or bad surprise.

Thankfully, I was used to fixing all things broken and damaged at my aunt's bar, so I had experience. However, this place was much larger, so would take me a while. I had nothing better to do anyway, so it was I was happy to tackle.

I spent that day exfoliating the walls, mopping the floors, and dusting any surface I could see- enhancing the beauty of this old place. It has grown on me so much in such a short time, that I honestly dread having to leave. I had no plan of what I'd do if Brax were to kick me out, but I know I'm steering clear of Vondus. With the money I'm due to receive and the money I'm saving by staying here, I would be set for a few years.

Night soon came and everything was cleaned, wiped, and dusted. Andy helped me build everything and put it where I envisioned before he left to be with Angel. All left to this place for Brax. I couldn't wait to see Brax's face. I went to every room, stood back, and watched it. Bare floors had chairs and sofas, empty walls had picture frames, and windows now had pretty curtains.

With a loud yawn, I used my shirt to wipe the sweat forming on my forehead and made my way upstairs to the bathroom. It felt sticky and dirty, so a shower was needed. The water came down as cold winter rain, awakening my skin. I probably stayed in the for an hour, letting the water soothe me until my stomach started to fumble in hunger.

It was probably coming up to 11 pm so Brax would be home soon. Therefore, I needed to make dinner. I wrapped the towel around me, staring at the marks Brax left on my skin. A few hours later, the scratches, bites, and hand marks still looked bright as day. For the past few days, he fucked me until I had nothing in me to give. It was like he wanted to engrave himself into me. The only thing I managed to consume was water given to me by Brax. He would even bathe me due to the sweat, blood, and semen stuck to my skin. Since he took me flying, he expected sex multiple times a day. The dragon limit was next to none. I was very hopeful that I was pregnant. However, I stayed clear of the test just in case it was negative yet again. I had another check-up soon, so I would wait for Ms Florence to break the news. 

To my surprise, I walked out of Brax's bathroom to see a woman sitting on the bed that I neatly changed and made today. She had next to nothing on. Her almost transparent dress riding up her thighs was paired sky high black heels. My gaze lasted a full second, enough to take in her face. She was extremely pretty. Long golden brown hair laid down her side like a blanket, her body curved just right. She watched me with piercing red eyes, framed with long lashes and pouty red lips. Like a statue, I stood there as her eyes glanced over my body with obvious displeasure.

It was obvious why she was here, so there was no need to ask and verify. Hell, I wanted it too. However, I couldn't stop the destructive thought swirling through my mind. Was she the reason why Brax came home late almost every night? No one worked 18-hour shifts Monday to Sunday.

Calmly, she got off the bed and pulled her dress down to its proper length, just above her knees. It didn't make me feel self-conscious that I was only wrapped in a towel since she had on less clothes. "Who the hell are you?" She sneered, walking towards me.

The woman watched me like a prey as she stepped towards me. "Shouldn't I be the one to ask that?" I countered. She obviously wasn't much of a threat, since she had broken into the house to lie on the bed in a bright red thong and bra.

"What are you doing in here?" She continued to question. I decided to say nothing, not wanting to entertain whatever this was. The power within me wanted to be unleashed to show her how owned Brax. I didn't understand the possessive claim I had for him, but at this moment I would kill her without a second thought so she couldn't be next to Brax. Her head cocked to the side, analyzing me from head to toe. "Are you one of those weird people that break into his home to say that they were in the house of the big, bad, evil Brax? I mean you even helped yourself to his shower."

My brows furrowed in confusion. "Are you?"

We continued to evaluate each other. she was annoyed I wasn't answering her questions and, that she wasn't leaving. "Let me guess you're one of the many humans migrating to Infernae so we can all live in pea- Where are you going?" She scurried after me as I walked away from her. It seemed like she would ask me questions until I passed out from hunger if I kept standing there.

I ignored her and continued to Brax's closet. I let out an irritated breath, hearing her feet continue to follow me. "Can I have some privacy?" I snapped. Not wanting her to know I lived here, I threw on one of his shirts that went past my knees and one of his baggy shorts with the string. I looked like a bum compared to here but I didn't care.

"You still haven't answered my question." She whined behind me like a kicked dog, when I stepped out of the closet.

I scoffed. "You asked so many I wouldn't know where to start."

Boldly, she touched the bite marks on my neck, making me slap her hand away. "Don't touch me." I hissed, recoiling from her touch.

Her jaw clenched, as her eyes zoned into the various marks. "I've fallen like that too. A little advice he just uses you for your body then dumps you." She taunted. That cemented that she was an ex.

I smiled. "Thank you, I'll be sure to pass that on to his next partner."

She laughed. "I like you. What's your name?" I evaded her and made my way out of the room. I still had to make dinner. "How long have you and Brax been together?"

I let out an exasperated sigh. "It's obvious you know Brax, so why don't you go find him and ask all your burning questions."

She pouted. "You're very cagey." She continued to question me and I continued to evade them.

Tonight I was going to cook something simple. Baked chicken and rice, with steamed vegetables on the side. I hummed to myself and began to cook. "Come on cutie, throw a dog a bone. We've been at this for over an hour. Any informati-"

"What have you done to the house." I heard a voice call out. "Something smells good." He paused seeing he had a guest. "What the hell are you doing here!" Brax growled, causing us to jump.

Swiftly, she pulled up her dress a little higher and put on a sultry smile. I frowned. Now that he was here, I felt self-conscious. Here I was drowning in his oversized jersey and shorts, while she wore a barely-there dress that glued onto her figures. Like a model, she sashayed towards him, hand on her hips. "Brax baby, I found her in your shower. You should replace those loc-"

His eyebrow raised. "I asked you a question, Liza."

She looked taken back. "Me." She screeched. She looked over to me but I paid her no mind, as I finished the finishing touches of my meal. "I haven't seen you in almost a year and this is what you have to say to me. "

[Brax]

"Something smells good." I said as I walked through the door. My body was tired and sore so I wanted nothing more than to shower and sleep next to Neviah. I paused seeing the living room beautifully decorated. If I hadn't stayed in the only house on this hill, I would have thought I entered the wrong house. When did Neviah have time to do this? I followed the sent off to the kitchen, excited to see her after an unplanned day at work. "I see you decorat-" I stopped as I saw a familiar face and never wanted to lay eyes on again.

My jaw clenched, as she stood up and walked over to me. "What are you doing here Liza?"

She rolled her eyes. "Look at me, isn't it obvious? I'm literally serving myself on a golden platter Brax." She retorted. Liza wrapped her fingers around my neck and moved in close, so I could feel her slim body pressed up against me. I shivered in disgust.  "I've missed you, baby." She whispered, caressing my neck sensually. Liza cupped my face and puckered her red-painted lip, drawing me to her. I snapped out of the trance when my eyes glanced behind her and saw Neviahs face. Unexpected guilt shot through me as I saw the hurt and anger flash in her crystal blue eyes.

I groaned internally. I couldn't help the wave of emotion flooding through me seeing that expression on her face. I turned my face, pulling Liza's hands away from my face. Neviah looked down at Liza's and I intertwined fingers. "I'm going to leave you guys to it, you look like you could use some privacy." She said lowly. When Neviah sighed she jutted her bottom lip out, redirecting the airflow to her hair that fell in from her face. For a brief moment, her black hair fanned upwards before resettling just over her face.

The side of my lips rose. Here was this beautiful woman dressed in my clothes, clearly jealous. Swiftly, I let go of Liza's hand and made my way to Neviah. I lifted her chin to look at me. Her blue eyes stared at mine, shining like crystals. Even without the mate link, I couldn't get enough of her. "She's leaving now, so you don't have to." Every fiber of my being wanted to make her smile and be reassured. It was new to me.

My hand moved to her back and tugged her into me. With her beautiful eyes looking up at me I could not resist placing my lips on hers. Our lips moved slowly and deeply, hoping I could assure her that way. After a few seconds, I felt her body began to relax. She gave me a small smile when we parted, eyes fluttering open. "It's fine. You guys look like you have a lot to discuss." She objected, looking over at Liza. However, her eyes spoke with honesty. Every muscle in her face was tense and without a word, she communicated- mistrust and anger. I could tell she just wanted to leave to get out of this awkward situation. Whatever she was thinking happened between Liza and me, ended long ago. "Plus, I haven't eaten all day, so I'll eat in our room."

I frowned. There was no way she could be pregnant I would smell her change in scent from miles away. "Why haven't you?" I placed my hand on her forehead, it felt as cold as usual. "Do you feel sick?" I questioned. She looked away from my eyes.

"No, I was just cleaning." She answered with a genuine small smile on her lips this time. Unconsciously, she leaned into my hand, making a cute yawn. She looked tired and drained, she usually was full of life and smiles when I came home and was awake. "Wait until you see upstairs."

"So you cleaned until 12a-" Liza cleared her throat, reminding me that she was here. Neviah took that as a cue to leave as she pulled her hand out of my grip. Swiftly, I grabbed onto her arm. "You stay and wait here, I'll see her out." She nodded, going back to the stove.

I took hold of Liza and pulled her to the front door. Before I could open it she pulled away from me. "That was very cute. I've never seen you act so caring. She's very good at disclosing who she is though." She said bitterly, heels clicking on the floor as I dragged her.

"Why do you need to know?" From experience, there was nothing good about being involved with Liza. She could be heartless and vicious.

"She's very pretty." She continued. "You couldn't have done any better if you tried. I've never seen a human so majestic looking. I'm jealous." Yet again, she made her way closer to me, putting an extra sway to her hips. She looked taken back when I stepped away from her. The look in Neviah's eyes kept replaying and I didn't want to see that again. "I'm lonely Brax. I'm sure I can give it to you much better." She whispered in my ear, her hand wrapping around me.

Liza was a very beautiful woman, but with her personality and habit of using me for whatever she wanted to gain, I never wanted to be captured in her flaws again. Until I experienced what it was like with Neviah I would have assumed life as a couple was like that. "What does that have to do with me?" I grimaced, prying her arms from my waist. She hasn't seen me in almost two years so why had she randomly come here to fuck me.

"Y..you've never rejected sex from me before." She spluttered shocked. If she had come to me a few months before I probably would have taken her up on her offer, no questions asked, no strings attached.

I sighed. "Look, I've worked all day and I'm tired, so if you have nothin-"

"That girl looks really comfortable, and knows where everything is." She interjected, making me groan in annoyance. "She's even in your clothes. You always threw me out after we had sex, claiming you hated being touched when sleeping. Yet she's cooking you a meal at almost one in the morning, parading all those marks on her body."

I sighed, not in the mood to argue. "What are you talking about Liza?"

"Don't treat me like an idiot Brax!" She yelled, her eyes red and glowing. Instinctively, my body went on alert and my eyes went into slits, making her look down in submission but she wouldn't stop talking. "She is drenched in your scent and she looks like she's been mauled yet she's still here. Take a shower in your room. You've found someone else to warm your bed. You looked so worried when she said she hadn't eaten. Even now, you couldn't even give a rat's ass about what I have eaten and I've known you for so long."

"Have you eaten today?" I asked flatly.

She glared at me. "It's not a joke! No man is willing to touch me with a 100ft pole, because I'm seen as a traitor for being with you. Not you though, you've clearly moved on, shacking up with some human."

I snorted. "That's not the only reason." I retorted.

Her jaw clenched in anger. "That's a low fucking blow. You're the only one who made me disfigured to the rest of the clan." She accused, digging her pink nails into my chest.

I shrugged. "You're the one who left me."

"I didn't know it was going to be like this Brax." She muttered, shoulders drooping.

I shrugged. "Not my problem," I said dismissively.

"It is your problem." She growled in frustration. "I would not have left if you weren't so emotionally unavailable. I craved some intimacy and you weren't giving it to me. All I ever wanted was hugs and kisses, but you show no interest in me, just my body." She confessed, tears brimming her eyes. However, I couldn't bring myself to care. The way she treated me in the past couldn't be undone. 

"It never bothered you before." I pointed out. During our entire relationship, she never complained about my lack of intimacy. She used it as an excuse to cheat all the time.

"Because I thought I could change you!" She exclaimed.

A dry laugh left my lips. "Change me?" I mimicked her voice. 

"Yes laugh, I know I was stupid. We've fucked for 10 years yet I could count on one hand how many times you kissed me. Yet you just sucked on her lips like you wanted to devour her. What so special about her?" I stood there saying nothing. "Of course classic Brax move. Stay silent." Again, she made her way closer to me like a snake to its prey, her voice in a low whisper. "I wonder how long she'll stay once she finds out what you truly are."

"Get the fuck out!" I spat, pushing her away from me.

She smiled, watching me up and down. "You'll come crawling back to me when you wake up because no one can love you other than me. I'm the only one that knows the real you." She jeered. "Fuck you and that whore human." She cursed, before slamming the door 

We sat quietly eating dinner. Neviah poked her food, not putting any in her mouth. I could tell Liza being here bothered her. "She's your ex---"

"She's my nothing." I asserted, cutting her sentence short. My mind was already circulating with the thought is findng Liza and putting a end to her miserable life.

She hummed unconvinced. She got up and went for a slice of cake she baked the day before. "I don't think a girl who's nothing with you would come and strip down on your bed." She continued, still clearly bothered.

"We broke up long before you came here." I admitted.

"So she's your ex." She stated.

"Can I have some of that." I asked trying to change the subject.

She huffed, turning my back towards him. "You can ask Liza baby." She grumbled, pulling it away from my reach 

I laughed. "Are you jealous Neviah?"  I taunted, trying to lightened the mood.

She pouted, shoving some cake into her mouth. "And if I was."

I paused, surprise she would confess. "You don't have a reason to be." I assured her, trying to get some chocolate cake. She grabbed the plate and leaned away from the table. "So your really not going to give me some?" I asked in disbelief.

"Fine, get a spoon." She conceded, pushing the plate towards me.

"I'll just use yours." I picked up the spoon and placed some in my mouth.

Again, we sat in silence. In a daze, she chewed on lip. "Are you sure I have nothing to worry about?" She began, breaking the quite pause. "I know we aren't technically in a relationship, but I-"

"We are."

Her brain stuttered for a minute as she tried to process what I said. "We are what?" She pushed,

"You know what." I grumbled, evading confirming what she wanted. It was nice to see her so giddy.

She frowned, folding her arms like a child. "I want to hear it." She whined.

"We are in a relationship so you have nothing to worry about."  I verified.

She squealed, before clearing her throat. "When you say we are in a relationship, what exactly are we?" She prodded, biting back a smile.

"Whatever you want to call it."

"So I'm your girlfriend?" She prompted, trying to encourage words from my mouth. I nodded. She pouted. "I want to here you say it."

I let out a deep breath, bring all my attention to her. "You're my girlfriend Neviah Janara." I declared.

Her smile was now as big as a Cheshire cat. I watched with curiosity as she got up from the new bought chairs,  my shorts falling from her legs. "Finish eating." She commanded, pulling off my large shirt from her frame and dropping it on the floor next to her feet. My eyes travelled from her face to her neck, then to her breasts, down to her toes. There is nothing more bewitching than Neviah's naked form. There are no thoughts, no focus, only desire. "I'll be waiting upstairs boyfriend." She purred, turning around and walking. I watched mesmerised as her ass jiggled with each step. I quickly pulled off my clothes and ran after her.

Heyyyy!!! How's it going?

Hope you enjoyed!!! Please comment next to any mistakes and I'll fix it asap.

Please:

⭕LOVE IT
⭕️VOTE ON IT
⭕DROP A COMMENT

Enjoy!!

Thaixx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 7 13
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...
26 3 10
She was good with her life. She didnt care about bad things that happend in her life. She just took them. Untill little creature changed it for ever...
201 35 7
As Crazy as it is, no matter what it is. This is the new generation. Can you survive this cruel, unreal world? Nothing here makes sense quite well, s...
2.7K 142 48
First story 😬so please bear with me . This story idea was in my head for months and finally I decided to just give it a try. ..... "Atlas stood ove...