Contrition

By Kcrescent_V

Sometime we are late to cherish things that are most precious to us. Sometime after losing our most precious... More

Character Details
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII

I

4.6K 171 18
By Kcrescent_V

In the spacious office was sitting an omega in his mid 20s. The omega, Rain, had a neutral look on his face as he sat in the Lawyer's office, his hands trembling which he hid under the table. The lawyer offers him a glass of water but Rain refuses, his heartbeat rapidly increasing as the clock ticks off.

If only he can reverse the time, maybe then he wouldn't be sitting here. He would have been at his home, his husband's house where he would be waiting for him to go back to the office. He smiles sadly as he realised that it was no longer possible.

In an hour, they would be legally separated. He would no longer be Phayu's omega, he would be just Rain again. Nothing would be the same anymore, his life won't be the same. Rain can't even imagine what he was going to do after today.

His parents were dead. His older brother, the only family member, died too because of his stupidity and he couldn't even save his child. Rain was pulled out of his thoughts when there was a knock on the door.

Rain's heart stopped beating when the door opened, he looked towards the door dreadfully. His eyes started to water but he controlled his tears as he watched his soon to be ex husband, Phayu enter inside. His heart bled when the older alpha didn't even acknowledge his presence and greeted the lawyer instead.

He touched the cold wedding ring on his finger as he thought about how it will no longer hold any meaning, Rain looks at Phayu's hand and choked when he notices no ring. His alpha never took off his ring, not even while bathing but today was the uneventful day when Phayu finally decided to remove it permanently.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~
                     The Hall was decorated with white lilies and orchids, giving both innocence and a loving aura. It was their wedding day, and standing in front of him was the man whom Rain would be addressing as his husband soon, unfortunately, Rain wasn't feeling even a bit happy or excited.

He just turned 21 and is about to be married. Rain was feeling repulsive, he could see how his brother and parents were excitedly smiling in his direction. He knew that they were happy for him and his future but Rain was feeling none of it. He felt trapped and nauseated, he wanted to scream and run away but he couldn't.

He wanted to shout and scream at Alpha in front of him to make him go through this, complain and cry to his parents for forcing him through this marriage and confront his brother for not supporting him.

But Rain could do nothing, a small part of his heart kept nagging him about how Phayu was their alpha and their alpha adored them more than anyone but Rain was blinded with hatred and anger, all he could think about was how he was forced into this marriage.

"Phayu, do you take Rain as your lawful husband?" The priest asked Phayu, Rain clenched his fist and refused to acknowledge the alpha. He heard Phayu's gentle voice and his blood turned cold.

"Rain, do you take Phayu as your lawful husband?" The priest asked Rain but received no reply, Rain was lost in his thoughts. Thoughts about how this was his end, the end of his freedom and life. The more he dwelled on these thoughts, the colder his body started to feel.

He was startled when the priest touched his shoulder, he noticed everyone including his soon to be alpha looking at him with anticipation. Rain was confused, why was everyone looking at him, what happened?

"... Rain, do you take Phayu as your lawful husband?" The priest asked again as he looked at the young omega.

"I..." Rain choked as he continued, "I do...."

The rest of the ceremony was blurry for Rain as he couldn't control his tears from falling, he froze when Phayu touched his shoulder.

Rain looked up in confusion, Phayu noticed Rain's tense look and whispered softly, "Rain, Phee loves you..." Rain knew Phayu was sincere but Rain felt the opposite.

Phayu learned to kiss Rain's lip which panicked Rain who quickly turned his face in another direction. The alpha sighs due to Omega's reaction and kisses his forehead instead.
                             ~~~~~~~~

                         He pinched his thighs to stop looking towards the alpha, what he failed to notice was how Phayu looked towards him longingly and then disappointed. Rain felt the alpha's presence next to him but pretended to be busy on his phone.

"Shall we start?" The lawyer asked as he looked towards both the parties, Phayu remained quiet while Rain nodded. The lawyer sighs before he starts reading the file.

"This is your mutual agreement to separate...." The lawyer confirms, Rain turns cold and looks at his hands instead.

"Yes," Phayu said coldly.

"....." The lawyer became silent and looked between the two quietly for a while before he spoke again, "Divorce between a mated pair would be a painful one, Mr Rain and you both have to go through mark removal surgery..."

"We know, please continue..." Rain interrupted the lawyer who sighed and nodded. Poor omega lady wasn't happy about this procedure but she knew that her clients have no plans to change their decision.

"In case Mr Rain is pregnant..." "He's not.." Phayu said sharply, interrupting the lawyer who was startled before she continued, "Oh, then ....."

Rain felt the dull ache again, he touched his stomach and clenched his fist as he realised how he was the only one to be blamed. He ends up killing their child, breaking his alpha's trust, he messes everything up. He recalls the dreadful moment which ends up killing his brother and his child.

                              ~~~~~~~~~
                    Rain was in hospital when Phayu and his twin Saifah came running into the room, Phayu's face was pale as he looked at Rain dressed in hospital gown. The alpha took a deep breath before approaching his omega, Phayu sat next to Rain and gently took his hand in his own as he whispered

"It was an accident, Rain. You had no control over it..."

Rain was staring in the distance, finally looking at Phayu sharply. When Rain regained consciousness, he was informed by the doctor how he lost his unborn child and older brother in the accident.

He stares deeply into his alpha's eyes to see whether Phayu blames him but instead finds Phayu staring at him with love and distress. He pushed Phayu's hand away and shouted instead, "You know that the child is no more?"

Phayu's face fell as he nodded silently, he was about to touch Rain's face but Rain laughs instead and continues, "Don't pretend like you aren't blaming me! You blame me for it!"

"No Rain, it was an accident. Phee would never..." "Get out! Leave me alone! Get out!" Rain screamed and started throwing things around him at Phayu. Phayu didn't try to protect himself and instead wanted to comfort his omega but Saifah decided that it was better to leave Rain alone.
                         ~~~~~~~~

                           If only he wasn't so impulsive, if only he hadn't forced his brother to come and get him when his brother warned him about the dangerous weather. If only... but Rain knew that it was too late now. He ends up destroying 4 life's and nothing he does would make his alpha and brother-in-law forgive him

"..... Khun... Khun, please sign.." Rain was pulled out of his thoughts when Lawyer tapped on the desk to get his attention. Rain looks up at her before looking back at the papers which were already signed by Phayu.

Rain slowly took the paper and stole a glance at his alpha who was looking straight toward the lawyer without any emotion. His hands tremble as he sighs at the paper. Everything was over, he thought as he let go of the documents

The lawyer checks the paper and nods before telling them that all formalities are done and they can leave. Phayu stood up without a hesitation and shook hands with the lawyer before looking towards Rain.

He seemed to hesitate before he spoke, "You can pack your stuff whenever you want, Saifah will drop you off.."

Phayu didn't wait for Rain's reply and immediately left the office room. The lawyer looked towards Rain who was staring blankly into the distance and spoke, "Are you okay, Mr Rain..."

Rain looked towards the woman with blank eyes and nodded with a stiff smile before he stood up too. He quietly left the room and went to the washroom. Rain washes his face with cold water and sighs before looking at his reflection in the mirror.

He chuckles before bursting into laughter, "Finally, we had what we dreamed of, we are no longer tied to P'Phayu. We are free now, there's no one left to tell me how I'm going to regret it...... no one...."

Rain falls over his knees and started crying instead, the tears freely falls off which he was trying to control till now. He sobs as he covers his face with his hands, ".... I'm sorry.... Please, this isn't what I wanted.... P'Phayu...don't leave Rain..."

                                An hour later, Rain returned to Phayu's place. He maintained his calm face as he walked upstairs towards Phayu's room while ignoring Saifah who pretended not to see him too.

Rain felt overwhelmed by a sense of guilt and loss as his alpha's scent hit him, Rain slowly walked towards the bed while looking around the room with tears in his eyes. He caresses the bed and then grabs Phayu's pillow to hug it.

"Please...please... I..I don't want this..." Rain whimpers in distress as he thought about not being surrounded by Alpha's comforting and protective pheromones. He clings to the pillow while trying to cover himself in Phayu's pheromones.

His eyes fall over the stuffed penguin on the bed and Omega whimpers, he sobs as he grabs the penguin with a trembling hand.

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~
                 Rain was busy over his phone when Phayu entered the room, he skipped towards his omega excitedly but then stood near the bed with hesitation. Rain rolled his eyes in annoyance

"Rain, I got a penguin..." Phayu said gently as he showed the penguin to Rain who scowled in response instead and spoke, "I'm not a child.."

"No! No! It's for our baby! Isn't it cute?" Phayu said quickly as he looked at Rain with expectation. Rain's mood darken on hearing about the child and he stood up, Phayu stepped away to give Rain space while Rain threw his phone over the bed before storming out of the room.

Phayu sits on the bed and sighs as he looks at the penguin, he puts it near the pillow when he notices Rain's phone screen. He was stunned when he found Rain was searching for abortion.
                            ~~~~~~~~~

                        An hour later, he comes down. He found Saifah in the same position and he approached the older omega who gave him a hostile look, "P'Fah...." Rain whispered

"Phayu asked me to drop you, if you are ready then we can leave..." Saifah spoke without looking at Rain, Rain's smile dropped but he knew he can't blame the older omega.

Had it been him in Saifah's place, he would have hated himself too. Rain nodded weakly, Saifah stood up and walked towards the door without looking if Rain was following him.

Rain looks around the house longingly before walking after Saifah. His feet felt heavy as he walked out of the house, he wondered if he would be able to ever come back here again. Will Saifah let him? Will Phayu let him? He knew in his heart that twins won't, not after everything that he did, not after everything that he made them face.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~
            Rain looked around the house as he entered inside, this wasn't the first time he was here but it's been weird because this place was now his house too. The house felt comfortable and homey but Rain didn't like it.

"Brother-in-law! Welcome to our house!!" Saifah screamed as he hugged Rain who turned stiff on being touched.

Saifah awkwardly let go of Rain when he noticed the young omega feeling uncomfortable. Soon Phayu entered the house carrying Rain's luggage.

He noticed the awkwardness between the two omega and spoke, "Everything alright?"

"Yes! Yes! Just Rain is still shy to me! Hehe... It's okay, soon we'll be close!" Saifah spoke as he smiled at Omega who rolled his eyes instead and went upstairs.

Phayu sighs before looking towards Saifah feeling guilty but older omega quickly spoke in Rain's defence, "He might be feeling nervous, let him rest.."
                       ~~~~~~~~~

                            Saifah left as soon as Rain got out of the car, the older omega didn't even bother to say goodbye. Rain stood there feeling lost before looking towards his parents' mansion. Never even in his nightmares had Rain ever thought about him returning here in such a depressing condition.

He pulls his things towards the entrance. The mansion seems barren, no one came to greet him. If he didn't know that his brother-in-law was here, he would have really believed that the mansion was vacant.

Rain felt his eyes tearing when he saw their family photo, his mom, dad and his older brother. He cries silently as he looks at the picture where everyone was smiling happily. He trembles as he realised that he would never see them smiling again.

He left his things at the entrance and walked inside, he decided to look for his brother-in-law and felt heavy guilt as he went through photo frames on his way. The omega went to his brother's room and hesitated as he thought about knocking, instead Rain opened the door and looked inside the dark room.

The room was pitch black, another wave of guilt striving him when he saw the motionless body over the bed. He wasn't ready to face his brother-in-law but he had nowhere else to go.

"Sky..."

Rain cried silently as he received no response, he didn't dare to enter the room for fear of upsetting the omega who seemed to be mourning his loss. He clenched his eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry..."

-------------------
What's your response? Most probably you all might be confused but to know what actually happened, you need to continue reading the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 742 7
Story about how Phayu and Rain go from meeting each others family, to them becaming one big family. English isn't my first language
18.7K 651 4
Rain had enough of stranger pulling HIS husband to introduce their heirs and his husband only gives him a apologetic look, he found P'pai also had en...
54.1K 3.7K 34
Arrange Marriage for Sky and Phai is what I always start but they always end up with Love Marriages... I hope at least this one stays as the arranged...
16.5K 471 11
Published: 01-28-2024 Short story Fanfiction