II

Sitting on the couch in his living room, Sky clenched his phone tightly while his eyes turned blank. Late at night, the butler woke him saying that there was a call from the hospital.

"Mr Sky, can you hear me?"

The voice brought Sky back to reality and he nodded, "Yes..." he spoke as the other person couldn't see his action

"Please come and confirm that the dead body belongs to your husband......" the nurse kept on speaking but nothing made sense to Sky.

'This must be his new prank to trick me, he thinks he can fake his death and I would believe it?!' Sky thought angrily as the call ended. He was fuming with anger as he thought about the stupid alpha and the stupid tactics to make Sky talk to him

"Khun, should I get the car ready?" The butler asked Sky, which made Sky look at him sharply in annoyance, "That idiot thinks I'm stupid enough to fall for this trick?!"

"Khun, Khun Rain is in operation theatre, Khun PraPai.... He didn't make it..." Butter said with hesitation, he saw Sky's shoulder dropping. Though the omega tried to act tough, they all knew that he wasn't ready to accept the truth.

The butler signs and signals the maid to get the car ready, the pair didn't have a good start in their relationship. No one knew what happened between PraPai and Sky but Sky seems to hate PraPai and alpha would do his best to make it up to his omega.

The drive to hospital was blurry for Sky, all he could think about was how PraPai along with his brother was pulling some prank to make Sky forget about their fight in the evening.

It was 2 am and Sky felt his head aching, a small fear that this might not be a joke made Sky shiver but he quickly assured himself. Once he entered the hospital, he was taken to PraPai's side.

Sky remained blank when Nurse showed him dead body covered by white cloth, Sky walked closer and looked at body with no trace of emotion. He was about to say how it wasn't PraPai without even looking when his eye caught their wedding ring in his body's hand.

Sky turned pale and quickly pulled off the blanket, Sky was lost, like suddenly all his anger, hatred, and frustration left his body. He didn't know what to feel anymore. There lies the pale, cold and lifeless body of PraPai.

"Is this some kind of joke?! Are hospitals allowed to pull such a stunt?!" Sky asked angrily as he took a step back.

The nurse remained quiet, this wasn't their first time seeing an emotional family member who refused to acknowledge the death of their family member. The nurse gave Sky a pitiful look before leaving him alone.

Sky was trembling as he looked at the lifeless face of PraPai, he gently touched the alpha's face which no longer held the warmth. Sky didn't know what to feel, wasn't this what he always wanted?

Didn't he wish for PraPai to leave him alone and never bother him? But why wasn't he feeling happy? Why was he feeling so uncomfortable? Sky touched his chest where there was a dull ache, he didn't notice how a tear slipped from his eyes.

He broke to sob as he touches PraPai's face and whimpers, "P'Pai..... P'Pai, are you sleeping? This isn't funny anymore! Wake up! Wake up or else I will never talk to you again!"

"P'Pai! You can't leave me! You promised that no matter what happened you will never leave me! I still didn't forgive you! You can't just decide to leave like this! Wake up! WAKE UP!"

Sky fell over his knees as he cried in pain and despair, he clenched his chest as the dark voice inside him whispered, 'Isn't this what you wanted? You wanted the alpha who forced himself on you to be dead... he's finally dead, we are free...'