Servant of the Serpent

By RowanLaneStories

When Eben decides to rob the isolated town nestled deep in the woods, he could never have predicted that he w... More

BOOK ONE - Servant of the Serpent
Author's note
Foreword
Snakes for Friends
Coiled Up in a Dark Place
Into the Snake's Den
Snake Charmer
Yellow Bellied
Stitched Scales
The Statue of Helia
Cold Scales
Forbidden Fruit
Snake in the Grass
Vipers that Cannot be Charmed
Once Bitten
Brumation
Cold Hands, Warm Heart
Venomous Words
Winter's Eve
Celebrating Death
Melting Frost
Warmed Stone
Ecdysis
Ouroboros
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BOOK TWO - Family of Monsters
Foreword
Flights of Fancy
Blue Sky Thinking
Nesting
Birds of Prey
Early Bird
Downy Feathers
Birdsong
Water Off a Duck's Back
Two Turtle Doves
Molting
Merry as a Lark
Chickadee's Song
First Flights
Mourning Dove
Bird Flu
Flying South
Walking on Eggshells
One Winged Dove
Flew Too Close to the Sun
Feather Plucking
Flight Risk
Flew the Coop

Serpent's Tongue

385 19 15
By RowanLaneStories

Eben's eyes are closed as he relaxes in the stream. Summer is quickly coming to an end, so the half-elf savors the last days of warmth before the cold comes to steal it all away.

The changing of the seasons reminds him of the fact that he has been in service to Adder for almost three months now. It's surprising how well he's almost perfectly adapted to the domesticity of his role. It's a drastic change from what he's used to, his old life of thievery and constant danger.

It's almost...pleasant, being here with Adder. But this peace is a farce, Eben knows. No matter how kindly Fern smiles, how much Sheppard promises, or how benevolent Adder appears, Eben is not a guest here. He is a prisoner, and he knows that he must break his shackles in one way or another.

So his options are such; submit to Father Sheppard's whims, or manipulate the gorgon to his side.

The first option is the most tempting. After his meeting with Sheppard last month, the priest's promises have been stuck on loop in his head. Ever since he'd lost his home, all Eben had dreamed of was a place and a people to belong to. Whatever anger he holds against Nǣdre Tor for detaining him, he can't deny the appeal of living in a community that accepts inhuman beings like him.

But this option comes at a price...he would have to serve Adder for an indefinite amount of time before being rewarded, and that reward was pending on if Sheppard actually kept his promise. Eben trusts that slimy creep as far as he can throw him.

Besides the priest's untrustworthiness though, there was also the issue of Adder. So far Eben's stay with the gorgon has been pleasant, but who knew how long that would remain true? If Daisy and Fern were to be believed, Adder had killed the last person he got close to.

As well, Adder seems truly loyal to the cult; the last month alone has seen two attacks on the village. First, a pack of cockatrices that had made their way into the fields, and then a scrappy harpy that had swooped down from the nearby mountains. Adder had been quick to respond, his petrifying gaze decimating the harpy, and his strength and agility allowing him to take down the cockatrices with ease. Eben remembers how the gorgon had come back covered in wounds each time, yet didn't seem perturbed at all. To Adder, it appeared, it was just another day...pain was part of life for him.

Eben wonders, what would convince the monster that this way of life was flawed?

He sighs, rising from the river. He shakes the dampness from his hair as he goes to sit on the riverbank, soaking up the waning rays of sunlight. Eben leans back, savoring the peaceful moment as he takes in the sound of leaves rustling in the wind and the distant chatter of birds.

However, the distant sound of Adder's bells breaks the peace. Eben dresses, shaking the dampness from his hair as he walks. As he approaches the sound, he spots the gorgon sunbathing on the edge of the riverbank.

It's a little spooky how Adder's lower half blends seamlessly with the fallen leaves. If someone unaware of the monster's true nature were to come across this scene, they might just be transfixed by what appeared to be a beautiful man resting in the sun.

Feeling a little creepy for drooling over the sleeping gorgon, Eben shuffles his feet.

Adder perks up, turning his head towards the sound. There's a flick of a forked tongue in the air before he smiles. "Hello Eben, did you enjoy the water?"

"I did. It was refreshing after running around Nǣdre Tor all day"

"Did you get to participate in the festival of Demeterra?"

Eben takes a seat beside Adder, admiring how the dappled sunlight dances across vibrant scales. "No, I didn't see the appeal of chasing some strange woman all day. Not to mention, if I had won, they would've locked me in a barn overnight with her! How is that fun?"

Adder chuckles. "It's not some strange woman you chase, it's the proxy of Demeterra. And you're only locked overnight with her if she chooses you."

The gorgon pauses as he stretches sinuously. "It's not meant to be fun, it symbolizes Demeterra going to rest while humanity sows the seeds of change."

"Sowing the seeds of change," Eben snorts, "sounds like an excuse to fuck in a barn. Do we need a festival for that? I've done that multiple times without it being celebrated."

Adder makes a choked noise. "Eben! It's not—they don't—it's a holy festival! "

Eben rolls his eyes, forgetting the gorgon can't see them. "So you're telling me if you were trapped in there with some beautiful man or woman you wouldn't seduce them?"

"No—well—" Adder stammers "nobody would ever have me..."

"Why wouldn't they?"

"Because they're afraid..."

Eben smirks, letting his eyes wander the toned form of the gorgon. "You'd be surprised how little fear intervenes when it comes to attraction. I'd bet you'd have your own harem if Father Sheppard didn't order everyone to stay away. I mean, you look like one of the Pantheon."

Adder pauses, the tip of his tail thrashing. Eben tenses, worried for a moment that he's angered the monster. However, the gorgon just twiddles with a strand of onyx hair nervously. "Do you...do you really think of me that way?"

The half-elf watches as Adder fidgets. This conversation was going somewhere new...does he dare take things further? It was dangerous, surely... but Eben thrives off danger, so he continues.

"Of course. Have you really never been intimate with anyone?"

The half-elf observes the monster closely, fascinated, as color spreads on Adder's pale cheekbones.

"No... never."

Eben feels his own face heat up, barely even believing what he was about to say. "Well...if you want to find out what it's like, I wouldn't mind showing you."

Adder tilts his head questioningly, bells jingling. "Show me...?"

Eben flushes harder, glad Adder couldn't see his pink cheeks. How was this giant gorgon so innocent? "Sex, Adder. Or at least fooling around. Do you want to try it?"

Adder's tail thumps on the ground as he wrings his hands. "I—I can't I—Father Sheppard says—"

Eben huffs. "Father Sheppard isn't here, and I'm not about to tell him about my sexual escapades, so how would he ever find out? It's fine if you don't want to, it's just a suggestion."

Adder turns his face away from Eben, anxiously fiddling with his blindfold. "You've...done this before?"

Eben grins, eyes narrowing salaciously. Hook, line, and sinker.

"Many times," he purrs, "bandits are a randy bunch."

Adder bites his lip, fiddling with the hem of his loincloth. Eben can't help but feel his heart race at the fang that pokes out from the gorgon's mouth. "Eben... I've never done anything like this, I don't have any idea what to do..."

"You don't have to do anything," Eben whispers, "I'll take care of you. okay?"

"...Okay..."

The half-elf grins. "Let's go to your room."

The two of them walk back, full of anticipation as they enter the cave. Once inside Adder's lair, Eben takes a quick glance at the small room. There's not much in the way of decor, but on the ground is a huge pile of furs and blankets. Adder's bed, he assumes.

Eben sits on the edge of the gorgon's nest. "Go ahead, lie down."

Adder does as he's instructed, stiffly lying prone on his back. Eben chuckles when Adder jolts as he straddles the serpentine tail. The monster is sun-warm beneath Eben, and he can't help but relish the feeling of another's body heat.

"It's okay, Adder. We'll go as slow as you need. Tell me if you want to stop, okay? I want you to enjoy this."

Adder nods, clawed hands gripping the furs beneath him. "Yes, Eben."

Eben flushes at the obedience of the gorgon. He could get used to feeling this powerful...

A jolt of surprise makes him tense for a moment as he realizes just what he's thinking. Eben attempts to shake off his wayward thoughts—he can't get caught up in this. He's just going show Adder a good time...so what if he's a little excited after his dry spell? He's just killing two birds with one stone; enticing Adder to his side and having a very memorable encounter; there's nothing else.

Eben drags a hand down the front of the gorgon, mapping out the dips and valleys of Adder's muscular frame. "So polite, Adder. You're always so good, aren't you?"

Adder lets out a strangled sound. "...No I'm not..."

"No? You are the sole protector of Nǣdre Tor, and you do your job so well."

Eben leans forward, kissing the man's heaving chest. Adder jerks, sighing deeply. "I just do—ah—what I'm supposed to do..."

Eben sits up, smoothing his hands again up and down the gorgon's frame. "No, I think a lesser man wouldn't be as devoted and loyal as you are. I really like that about you."

Adder groans at the light touches. Eben can't help but feel blood rush south to the sound of the gorgon's pleasure. He's becoming more affected than he planned...

He kisses his way down Adder's torso, pausing just before he gets to the prominent bulge under the loincloth. Eben looks up at the man. The gorgon is panting with one arm strewn over his face, totally out of it. If Adder is so disheveled just by this, what will happen once they actually start?

"Still with me, Adder? Do you wanna keep going?"

Adder whimpers, tail shifting on the soft furs. "Yes, Eben, please."

With that enthusiastic reply, Eben relents, kissing the heated flesh through the cloth.

Adder snarls, bucking his hips and startling Eben. The gorgon pants, writhing under the half-elf. "I'm sorry, please don't stop."

Eben smiles; he is surprised the gorgon is so apologetic. He'd honestly expected to be roughed up. "It's okay, just remember I'm a lot more breakable than you."

Eben lifts the loincloth out of the way, finally freeing Adder from his confines. He's pleased to find that the gorgon's anatomy is not too unlike his own. He ponders for a moment on how he should go about this...surely, it makes more sense to just use the most removed and efficient method to bring the monster to his peak...but it's also been so long since Eben has had such an innocent partner. He wants to see how the gorgon would react to something a little more exciting.

So knowing he's acting a little rashly, Eben flicks his tongue over the tip before taking it entirely into his mouth, swirling his tongue. Adder fists the blanket beneath him, visibly resisting bucking up and into the heat of Eben's mouth. The half-elf smirks at the reaction, feeling a little touched that the gorgon is trying so hard.

Eben pulls off the gorgon, pumping him slowly. "You are good, Adder, and you're long overdue for your reward."

"Eben, please, please..."

Feeling brave, Eben returns his mouth to Adder's arousal, sinking down until he's almost to the root.

"Ah! Ngg!!"

Eben can feel his own arousal demanding attention now. How could he have imagined that Adder would be so alluring? Without his approval, the half-elf's hips grind down on Adder, seeking friction. The gorgon's body reacts immediately, tail coiling around his waist.

"Mff!"

The grip on Eben eases immediately. "I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

Eben feels insane as he longs for the feeling again. What was wrong with him? Why was he reacting like this?

"Nng, you just surprised me. It's fine." Eben pulls the tail closer, back to its former position. "Just don't squish me."

Another feral growl erupts from Adder's throat as the tail coils once more around the half-elf. "Eben, please, close your eyes."

Eben flushes, feeling vulnerable, but does as he's asked. "They're closed."

The half-elf hears a sharp intake of breath a moment later and feels soft, warm, scales shift against his skin.

Suddenly, there's a clawed hand in his hair and Eben feels his head gently guided downward once more. The gorgon whimpers as Eben opens his mouth and continues. The half-elf worries for a moment about the hand on his crown, but Adder is not exerting any force. Instead, the gorgon is stroking and petting his hair, carefully minding the deadly tips of his claws.

"Ah, Eben, you're wonderful..."

The careful consideration of the monster is driving the half-elf crazy, causing him to moan as he ruts into Adder. He's quickly losing himself in this situation. A quiet part of his mind tells him to stop and retake control, but an even louder part tells him to fall apart in this monster's coils. After all, when was the last time he's been treated so gently? Who else has treated him with such reverence? Eben can't recall anyone like Adder in all his life.

Suddenly, Eben's ears twitch as Adder's hand wanders down the side of Eben's head. The half-elf's body is wracked with shivers as the tip of a claw gently caresses the pointed aend. Eben pulls off, completely gone now. His motivations for starting this are distant from his mind as he pants into Adders scales, pumping the man hard and fast. Coils of muscle squeeze tightly around Eben as Adder finds his release, snarling and groaning. Eben finds himself whimpering as he enjoys every twitch and flex of the gorgon's body.

The hold on Eben suddenly goes lax as Adder gives his last sigh of relief. Eben can only sob at the loss of contact, still gyrating his hips against hard muscles. Strong hands rearrange their position, and Eben gasps as he feels Adder hovering over him.

"Eben," the gorgon's voice sounds wrecked, and it makes Eben twitch in his arms. "I want to try, can I?"

Eben nods furiously, eager for release. He chokes out a moan as his pants are pulled down and he sinks into a warm, silky, heat that causes him to buck.

There's a scrape of fangs before Adder pins his hips down. The gorgon is unpracticed and clumsy, but it doesn't even matter as soon as Eben feels that forked tongue dancing for him. He screams with pleasure as he's forced over the edge, feeling euphoria seep into every inch of his being.

Once it's over, he's left panting and boneless, laying lax in Adder's nest. The gorgon surprises him once again by nuzzling his face into Eben's neck. Before he has a chance to abscond, the gorgon quickly falls asleep, capturing his victim in strong arms.

Eben's head spins wildly as he contemplates what just happened. That had not been part of the plan. He wasn't supposed to get so turned on, and he definitely wasn't supposed to allow the venomous monster with fangs to perform oral sex on him.

Eben sighs as his own eyes become heavy. What was done was done...it was just a one-time thing. Just something to entice him to Eben's side.

Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 73.2K 59
• BOOK #1 OF THE PRINCELY SERIES • Alabaster has been called many things in his life. Good things, bad things, mediocre things. And at this point in...
18K 498 34
YANDER bxb w/ a side of Stockholm syndrome where the villain wins and the city burns... (also Hero x Villain) Tarian's father goes crazy and kills h...
1.7K 100 11
For as long as he can remember, Caldor has been forced to live a life of crime. With a group of his fellow thieves, they've stolen from practically a...
71.5K 4.2K 108
"Whatever else happened to him, Chris knew three things would never change: (1) The only d*ck he would ever touch was his own. (2) The only man he lo...