off limits ☼ jj maybank x rea...

By 1-800-spaghetti

John B catches JJ eyeing you, "She's off limits, dude." he warns him. JJ holds his hands up, "Understood, cap... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

38

2.6K 55 64
By 1-800-spaghetti

"She's off limits."
—————

It was around 10:20 when you and JJ had changed into the uniforms in the back of the ambulance. You had parked close to the hospital. The sound of a siren makes you check the wing mirror.

"Shit. JJ." You say nudging him, making him look out the window as well, to see the cop car pull up beside the ambulance. JJ curses, sighing as he tries to act calm and unsuspecting.

JJ continues small talk with the officers, before the radio buzzes alerting the two of you, "We got an unknown at KC detention." JJ grabs the radio, "Uh, yeah, ten-four. I'll be right there. Thank you so much. Over."

"Duty call. i'll see you later, officer. Uh, you have a good night, though, okay?" JJ says starting the ambulance, "Hold up." The cop says making you and JJ's hearts stop momentarily. "I got nothing to do, i'll pace you." He says, turning his siren on and heading in front of you two.

"Shit." JJ curses, "We're totally screwed." You say, "Hey— just stay calm." He ushers. "There's a literal cop involved JJ. We're going to jail. Screw getting John B out, We'll be joinin' him." You sigh. "Maybe." JJ simply says, not helping your anxiety

You get to the detention centre, JJ backing the ambulance into the transfer bay. JJ heads out to get the patient in the back of the van. Expecting John B, but finds a random man instead.

"Where's your partner?" You hear the woman ask, "Right here." You say getting out of the ambulance, "But i can't drive either. Gotta support my colleague." You say. JJ nods, "Yes he's in critical condition.. so i need some assistance."

JJ throws the keys towards the other guard, making him drive while the two of you get into the back. You send JJ a widen eyed look, him waving his hands about. Both of you clearly freaked out by the situation and having this random guy in the ambulance.

You hear the radio go, them talking about a situation. You look over at JJ and you both wear a nervous expression. "Officer? Everything okay?" JJ asks but he ignores him shutting the window in between you guys and him.

"Shit." You curse, clearly being found out about. JJ grabs his phone texting Kie the street you guys were on, hoping she'd save you guys from jail.

The ambulance suddenly comes to an abrupt stop, making you and JJ lose balance. You feel JJ grab your wrist, pulling you out of the ambulance as he hears Kie's voice.

You run behind JJ as you cut though some of the houses. "Come on." You hear Pope shout, you point towards the car, JJ following you. "Go! Go! Go!" JJ shouts as he shuts the door behind the two of you.

You and JJ catch your breath as Kie drives, JJ panting. "I'm seriously not even gonna ask." Kie says. "Look, I busted the wrong guy out of jail. Sue me." JJ says. Kie turns to look at him with a concerned/shocked face, "What?"

The next day, You, JJ, Pope and Kie sit around in the shed. JJ waxing his board while you and Kie sit and drink beers. Pope criticising JJ's waxing of his board.

Their arguing is interrupted by a car honking multiple times. "Did you hear that?" JJ asks. You guys look out front to see the Twinkie park up, meaning one thing. JB was a free man.

"Hold on. Am i dreaming right now?" JJ ask, "No!" Pope shouts in disbelief. "Are you serious?" Kie ask. "Oh my god." You say, running towards the van. "Guess whos out the click, boy!" John B shouts happily skipping towards you guys.

You wrap your arms around your brothers neck, hugging him tightly. "No freaking way man!" Pope exclaims, the others joining the hug, "My boys out of the can!" JJ laughs.

"We missed you." You tell him, "I missed you guys too." He says, everyone pulling away. "How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asks. "They dropped the charges." John B says. "Dude that's phenomenal." Kie says.

"So you're telling me. We did all that work for nothing?" JJ asks, "Oh, the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope asks sarcastically, "The plan that almost winded us in jail?" You say to JJ. "Foolproof." Kie says in quote marks.

"Yeah, it was actually." JJ says confident with his plan. "Wait, where's Sarah?" John B asks. The group goes silent. John B repeats his question. "She went to go meet Wheezie last night. She didn't come back." Kie explains.

"We have to go find her." John B say pulling his keys out from his pocket. "John B, wait.. that's not a good idea with Ward around." Kie says, Pope nodding in agreement.

John B shrugs, "I bet he's got the cops raiding his house right now.." He says. "But if you guys aren't sure, you stay here, me Y/n and JJ will go look for her." He suggests. "I'm down." JJ says, you nod, "I haven't been out in the Twinkie for ever. Missed her." You say opening the door to the back.

Kie and Pope sigh knowing they couldn't stop John B from going out to find Sarah, so it was best they stayed here incase she came round the chateau.

John B and JJ sit in the front, giving Pope and Kie a small wave, "We'll be back soon!" JJ shouts out of the window as JB drives the Twinkie towards town.

"Where are we even looking, dude?" JJ asks John B, he shrugs, "Just keep an eye out for her."

After driving for half an hour you guys decide to head back to the chateau, as Sarah could likely be there. "She's probably with Kie and Pope right now." You say,

JJ looks over at you, pausing for a second looking between your eyes and you lips. John B catches JJ's look, furrowing his eyebrows together,

"I'm sorry," He says stopping you from talking as you look at him silently, as he continues, "Am i missing something?" He says, his mouth forming a line as he looks between you and JJ.

"H— uh." JJ clears his throat, leaning his arm against the seat chair, "Don't know what you mean, dude." JJ says unconvincingly. You lowly sigh. If only he was a good liar to John B.

"Huh?" You ask, "What are you talking about John B?" You ask him, acting completely oblivious to what he's talking about.

He looks between you two and points, "This." He says, then looks over at JJ's small smirk as he watches you again, "That." John B says sternly pointing at JJ's expression.

"What? JJ being obsessed with me?" You laugh, trying to joke, "That's nothing new John B." You tell him.

He shakes his head, "Nah—"

JJ sighs, "We might as well tell him Y/n, he's already sussed us out." JJ says, making you glare at him.

John B stops the Twinkie as you get the chateau, "What?" He shouts. JJ presses his lips together as he gives you a weary smile as you glare daggers into him.

"Y/n, what the fuck is he talking about? Tell me what?" He asks turning towards you. You squint your eyes and press your lips together awkwardly, then sigh.

"Listen John B, we didn't want to tell you..." You trail, John B looks at JJ then back at you, signalling for you to continue.

"We're together." You say, waiting for his reaction. John B looks at JJ, "Seriously? My sister, dude?" John B asks glaring at him. JJ sighs, "Listen man, i know she's your sister, but she's also her own person." He says

"How long?" John B suddenly asks looking back at you, "How long have you been lying to me?" You sigh, "John B," but decide to just answer him, "I dunno known like a couple of months maybe?"

He just nods, wearing a, 'i've been betrayed by my lying backstabbing best friend and sister for months,' expression.

"JJ, i told you she's off limits." John B sighs, glaring at the blonde. "Excuse me? how am I, 'off limits'?" You ask looking at the two boys. John B and JJ look between each other, both giving you a blank expression.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ flashback ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

It was the first day JJ would meet Y/n Routledge, his best friends younger sister. He didn't know it, but he'd end up falling for the girl.

JJ walked into the château behind John B, when suddenly they were stopped by a small girl, "Where are you going John B?" The girl asks, with a huff, "Out with my best friend." He says pushing past the girl. "But i'm your bestfriend!" She sulks, glaring at the blonde boy behind her brother— JJ.

He weakly smiles at the girl, wanting to befriend her. John B turns to look at JJ as Y/n leaves the room, "My sister is off limits." He sternly says, making JJ nod. Even though the seven year old couldn't deny his gravitation towards Y/n.

JJ understood from a young age that John B was protective of his sister, evidently having an absent mother and an all right father... John B took over the role of Y/n's role model.

JJ would often pick daisy's after John B said they were Y/n's favourite. He'd make flower crowns with them, bouquets, draw them, paint them, you name it, he'd done it. He'd slip them into Y/n's locker at school, sometimes waiting nearby to see her reaction.

JJ would feel a small buzz in his chest when he saw you wear the flower crown or when you'd show off the drawings to John B. John B would roll his eyes, saying that's lame. But you'd defend it, saying how much you loved receiving these small gifts.

By the time JJ turned 16, he'd become more smitten with Y/n, he desired her. John B had started to notice the light flirting and looks JJ would direct towards Y/n. JJ and Y/n somewhat dislike towards one another, developed into play fighting and bickering which ended up with them flirting a lot and becoming best friends.

"Dude, just putting this out there— my sister is off limits." John B says holding JJ by the shoulders. "Oh yeah, dude, of course. I'm just joking around with her ya know, nothing serious." He lies to his friend, he obviously thought the girl was beyond hot. His teenage mind spiralling after beach days spent with her and the others, bikini's and exposed skin— JJ's heaven... especially when it was Y/n.

JJ couldn't deny his feelings for the girl. His thoughts consumed by her. When they'd flirt it seemed to make him blush sometimes and have his heart racing. So when he almost let it slip that he had feeling for you, he decided to distance himself by distracting himself with Tourons.

You relationship dynamic hadn't changed but it just meant he wasn't constantly thinking of you. Which he had thought would work. But i didn't. He'd think of you when he was with some random girl. He'd hate himself after and feel a large sense of guilt. He couldn't bring himself to look at you the days after, which you caught onto— making fun of him for it.

He stopped hooking up with random girls, realising that his attempts were futile. He wanted you and only you. There was no way of changing that or ignoring it.

He took a bold move that night at Midsummers. He took his chance workout regrets, he's just move country if you rejected him, not so bad. But you didn't. You accepted his kiss, and it felt amazing.

JJ had never been happier, his anticipation of this moment finally being settled. His thoughts of your lips against his, coming to fruition. But it was far greater than he had ever imagined.

Little did JJ know, but you wanted this as much as him. Your heart would race every time you'd see the blonde, every time John B would mention him or invite you to hang out with them. You'd developed a crush on your brother's best friend.

When you received the gifts of daisy decorated items, you had prayed they were from JJ. As much as JJ wore a rough exterior he was amazing at art, so it left you hopeful that the items were from him.

As you got older, the flirting with JJ would make your head spin. You felt a rush of adrenaline every time you'd say something risqué towards him.

Kie was the first to know about your small crush on the blonde, telling her it wasn't anything major, you didn't think about him 24/7 (both being lies.) Kie obviously not convinced. She noticed the looks between the two of you early, and was an avid supporter of the two of you getting together.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"I told JJ not to go near you." John B explains, "But he did regardless." He sighs. Realising now that he shouldve known JJ would try something with you, JJ liked forbidden things.

"How am I meant to trust either of you now?" He asks, "John B, we were gonna tell you.." JJ starts. "There was just never a good time.." You add.

John B gets out the Twinkie, the two of you following. You nervously watch John B, he was somewhat calm for this whole situation.

You stand back shocked, "JJ!" You shout as you see him fall to the ground. JB having punched him harshly in the face, making him fall down.

"The fuck JB?" You shout, running to JJ's side helping him up. But John B holds his hand out for JJ to take. JJ take it reluctantly, being pulled up. John B wraps his arms around JJ in a hug.

You stand watching them with utter confusion and disbelief. "Out of everyone on this island. I trust you the most with my sister." He says, a small smile across his lips. JJ chuckles hugging John B back.

John B first felt enraged knowing his best friend had lied and betrayed him and his trust. But after seeing the sincerity of JJ's expression, he knew his best friend was in love. He'd only seen JJ wear that expression around one person in his whole life, and that was you.

John B smiled at the realisation as he saw your quick response to care for JJ. He didn't know how he hadn't realised sooner but his best friends were in love.

He was glad they had found one another. He wanted them to be as happy as he felt when he was with Sarah.

John B looks over at you, holding his arm out for you to join the hug. You smile joining in. "Told you i'd take a black eye for you." JJ says, making you chuckle. "I'm surprised he accepted it this quickly." You say.

"I just realised that my sister doesn't deserve some half assed excuse for love. And i know that when JJ loves someone he does it unconditionally." He says, "Awhh." You say.

JJ blushes lightly pulling away, "Thanks man." He chuckles awkwardly. "Plus, he's been in love with you since the moment he met you." John B drops the bomb shell, making you gasp as you look over at the blonde. JJ sheepishly smiles at you,

John B chuckles, "Remember all the daisy themed gifts you received in middle school..." John B says with a smirk, "Yeah..." You trail, "All from this guy." John B says pointing at JJ.

You gasp, "No way!" You say, "I loved them.. i think i still have them in my room." You chuckle. "I always hoped they were from you." You admit. "Really?" JJ asks shocked, you nod.

"But, anyway.. don't break her heart dude, or i'll give you a proper black eye." John B says tapping JJ on the shoulder, "Roger that." He says. "Oh, and Y/n, don't break my best friend's heart either. 'fraid he'll die without you." John B laughs, making you smirk.

"I won't." You say. John B gives the two of you a salute before heading off towards the other, where Sarah also was now.

You and JJ look at each other stunned, "Did that really just happen?" You ask, JJ slowly nods, "That was easy." He says. You nod.

You smirk at him, "You were so smitten for me." You tease, JJ clears his throat as he wraps his arm around your shoulder, "Still am," He corrects with a smirk, making you chuckle.

As the two of you walk over towards the group, they cheer at the lovesick expressions you both wear, and the affection you can finally display.

It felt amazing to be able to express your affection for JJ in front of the people you loved most. It was even better not having to pretend anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 229 29
Rafe Cameron x reader oneshots and imagines. Doesn't necessarily follow the plot of outer banks. Comment if you have any requests x
15.6K 196 19
"In that moment my world falls, it can't be right. My head can't process what's going on, and I just end up hugging JJ, since we were the only ones l...
16.6K 176 29
Katie Routledge never thought she would love again, but, JJ Maybank had other plans. JJ x OC S1-S3 *WILL NOT FOLLOW THE OG STORYLINE* *NO SMUT* *TW:...
116K 1.3K 28
𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 "𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟" {rafe cameron} ranks: #1 for #drewst...