22

—————

—————

The next morning you're woken up by someone nudging your shoulders. You stir, opening your eyes suddenly.

"Y/n, where's John B?" The person responsible for waking you up asks. Your eyes adjust to the light, seeing JJ standing beside your bed.

"Morning to you too." You sarcastically say rubbing your eyes as you jump out of bed, "He's in his room, isn't he?" You ask.

"No. He's not here" JJ says, making you confused, "Shit.. well i don't have a clue where he is." You shrug. JJ sighs. "I'm sure he'll be back soon." You tell him.

JJ nods, watching you as you grab some food. He sits at the dinning table, you joining soon after. "How you feelin'?" JJ asks, referring to finding out about your father's death. You nod, "Alright, considering.." You trail, "But i'm fine, thanks J." You say smiling as your thumb caresses his hand.

"Good." JJ smiles, giving you a small kiss next to your lips as he gets up. "How are your legs feeling?" JJ smirks as he holds his hands out for you to help you stand. You roll your eyes at him, "Shut up." You grumble jokingly as they did in fact ache.

He grabs his phone from his pocket seeing a notification from John B. "John B just text— He wants to meet at the dock." JJ tells you. You nod, going back into your room to change into some clothes.

"Ready?" He asks holding his arm out for you to link with. You nod, linking your arm with his as you two walk outside and towards his bike.

"Your ride awaits m'lady." JJ says as he hops onto the bike. You smirk at him as you get in the back, hooking your arms around his middle. "I can think of something else i'd rather ride—" You say smirking at JJ, making him turn to look at you. His mouth agape.

"Not the time, dirty girl." He scolds as he narrows his eyes at you, playfully. You laugh at his reaction, making him shake his head.

He starts the engine, bolting off— making you grip onto him tightly. JJ chuckles at your reaction, "I gotcha." He laughs, looking back at you.

"Just drive, Maybank!" You shout, rolling your eyes as you relax against him.

The two of you get to the dock John B wanted to meet at. Walking down the wooden bridge, you see Kie and John B already there.

"Sorry for the wait!" JJ greets, "Finally." Kie says as she see the two of you walking towards them. "What's this all about then?" You ask looking over at John B.

He sighs, "I went to the Crain's house— and all the golds gone." He says. "What?" You ask shocked. "Yep— By Ward Cameron." He says.

"That's such bullshit." JJ angrily shouts, "Fucking Kook." He complains. John B nonchalantly nods.

"You sure everything was taken." Kie asks. "Every bar. The whole enchilada." John B responds as he lays on the dock, pulling his cast off.

"It's not like i expected a happy ending or some shit." John B says throwing his cast to the side.