28

—————

—————

The next night, You Kie, Pope and JJ, park outside Gavin's house. Pope holds his phone out, as the three of you patiently wait for something to happen.

"You should definitely do it." Pope says to Kie, "Should i like do an accent?" Kie asks, "Definitely do an accent, or disguise your voice." You tell her.

"Disguise my voice how like, how would you like me to talk? Like this?" Kie asks in an English accent.

"Not like that." JJ says, "No." Pope says, you shake your head, agreeing with the others.

"Batman." Pope suggests. "Batman." Kie says in a deep voice. "There you go." Pope says. "Spot-on. Let's do it."

Kie takes Pope's phone, calling his number, and he picks up. "Hello." She says in the deep voice, instantly stopping, "I cant." She whispers to us. "Just talk." You whisper back.

"Hello?" He asks again. Kie clears her voice, "Is Gavin there?" She asks. "This is Gavin. Whose this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." She says. He chuckles, "Um.. who's this?"

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it." "Okay. Who is this?"
"We're gonna prove it." Kie tells him.

"You're gonna tell me who this is now." He demands. "You could've saved her, Gavin, and you didn't." Kie says, "and you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?" He shouts but Kie quickly hangs up. "How was that?" She asks, "Yeah that was good— good job." Pope praises.

"Yeah, i was scared. Good job." JJ says. "Well done Kie." You say. "All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete. Now we wait and listen." Pope says.

Gavin's car starts as he drives out his drive way making Pope alert you guys "All right, Hey, here he comes. Stay down." He instructs, making everyone duck down against the seats.

"He didn't see us. Hit it." JJ says as his car goes past us, "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go," Pope repeats frantically. Kie starts the car and slowly pulls out and follows Gavin.

"It's Ward. He's talking to Ward." Pope tells us. Pope has his headphones in so only he can hear Gavin talking.

"Are you serious?" Kie asks. "Yeah." Pope replies.

"Get clo... get closer. I cant hear." Pope instructs Kie, she nods, "Okay." she says getting closer to his car. "He's talking about negotiating something. Re.. renegotiating."

"Gavin's got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin. He's got it." Pope tells you guys. "Holy shit." Kie cusses. "Shit." You and JJ curse sighing.

"I think he's trying to use it as extortion, as leverage." Pope explains.