Haven Harbor • a.i. •

De cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... Mai multe

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 17

805 36 0
De cliffordpunkrock

I could hear the scraping noise of the electric blue wheels of Ender's skateboard against the concrete as I flipped a piece of scorching toast.

Ender had said he wanted to get some practice in before Ashton got back so that he could show him some new tricks.

Being the substitute parental unit I was, I made him promise nothing too dangerous so that he wouldn't damage his arm further and he had to wear a helmet at all times. That earned me a scoff and an eye roll from the ten year old drama king but I just ignored it.

"Bro, foods ready!"I called out to him and the noises eventually came to a halt and he bounded inside, his lightly freckled cheeks pink.

"Car, did you have to burn the toast?" He sassed as he perched himself on the barstool.

"Oh my god, Ender , I swear I'm about two seconds from drop kicking you, broken arm or not." I threw back with just as much attitude.

"Someone's cranky." He mumbled but took a bite of his "burnt" toast anyways.

"Since you are being a brat this morning, you can wash the dishes and after that you can dust all of the shelves in the shop and mop the shop and house." I crossed my arms assertively.

"But Car, there's like a hundred shelves and the mop takes hours on the house." He whined.

"Should've thought of that before you acted like a spoiled child. And you still have to man the desk so better get to it." I took one last bite of my toast and then swept out of the house, leaving a whining Ender behind me.

--

By the time lunch had rolled around, Ash had sent me a text saying he was on his way to the port where the boat left from.

Ender had finally stopped complaining and cleaned without a sound. His little shoulders drooped as he pushed the broom around.

It was hard to watch him like that. As his sister I wanted to hug him and tell him that he needs to apologise and that he needs to think about his attitude and why he's acting that way; but as his makeshift mother I had to be assertive and firm and teach him a lesson.

Trying to take care of two roles in a persons life is difficult, at times it's almost as if I had a split personality. There was the funny, joking and loveable sister side and then the protective, paternal, authoritative motherly side.

I had to be both.

I had just finished eating my lunch of cucumbers and cream cheese sandwiches when I heard his small voice speak to me from the other side of the room.

"Car?" He squeaked out.

"Yea bud?" I asked as I threw my trash away then turned around to face him.

"I'm sorry for being a brat this morning..." He bit his lip, "I don't know why I was doing it but I didn't mean to make you mad and I'm really sorry."

His tiny lip quivered and I felt my heart reach for him. He may be mentally mature for his age but he was still a little boy.

"I know bud, come here." I opened my arms and he walked into them, burying his head against my chest.

"I'm not mad." I soothed his hair as I held him. "I just had to show you that your words have consequences. It's okay for us to joke and play around but you have to make sure you don't take it too far, okay babe?"

"Okay." He nodded against me.

"Now, if you promise me that you will watch your attitude, I'll help you finish up your chores. That sound good?"

He hummed to say yes then pulled away so he could finish sweeping.

When he was done sweeping I helped him mop the shop till it smelled like orange cleaner. I sent him off to clean the house up before Ashton arrived and he didn't even argue with me.

As I watched him leave, the bell jingled signalling another tour arrival and I met the family of four with a smile.

"Hi, welcome to Chase Marina Tours." I spoke like I had said it a million times, a charming smile never leaving my face.

--

The best part of diving with families was watching the little kids expressions when they saw the life under the sea.

The family I was currently with had a set of twins, a boy and a girl, that were making it extremely difficult for me not to burst out laughing under water.

Kaden, the blonde haired little boy was chasing a pufferfish around while Kaylie, the identical sister was trying to walk on the ocean floor.

I swam behind her and took hold of her arms and legs, helping her walk whilst her mom took pictures with an underwater camera.

We walked and spun around in circles on the sea bed for a while until the oxygen tanks got low and we needed to return to the ship.

I climbed aboard first and then helped the twins then the parents after.

They took to their towels so they could dry off and I went up deck to the control deck so I could radio Ender and tell him we were on our way back.

I slipped the oxygen tank off my shoulders and grabbed my damp towel from its pile on the stool and attempted to towel dry my hair.

I leaned the tank against the wall and then took my place at the wheel, pulling up anchor with a tap of a button and pushing forward on the throttle to turn us around and head back to the marina.

"Be there in five." I radioed Ender as we neared the marina and I could see the docks a few miles away.

"Alright." I heard him reply through the static and I glanced down to check on the family before preparing to dock.

As I dropped anchor and tied up the boat to the barnacle covered post, I noted the sky was just starting to turn dark, the sun beginning to descend.

We would be able to pick up Ashton in just a little while.

The family followed me to the shop where they went to change into their normal attire and I printed out their bill.

"I have some really nice shots of you and Kaylie, would you like me to send them to you?" The mom asked as she walked out of the back.

"Oh of course!" I gave her a smile.

As she paid I found a business card with the company email address on it and our physical address as well.

Ender kept staring at the little girl as she waited for her parents to pay and I kicked his shin under the table to make him look less creepy.

Before he looked away, Kaylie looked up, her blue eyes meeting Ender's dumbfounded expression and her cheeks blushed profusely.

"I'll make sure these get to you in the next week or so!" The mother called out to me as she gathered her kids and purse and her husband took her free hand.

"Thank you!" I called back to her and when the door closed behind them I let out a crisp laugh.

"Dude, could you have been any less obvious?" I cackled at Ender and he rolled his eyes.

"She was pretty!" He argued.

"And you were being creepy." I continued to laugh. "I'm giving you girl 101 lessons as soon as possible."

"Shut up." He stuck out his tongue and hopped down from the stool.

"Shut down the radar on your way out and then we can head down to port, okay?"

"Yea!" He yelled and I heard the massive groan of the computer as it powered down.

I filed the bills for today in their proper place and then jotted down a few parts I intended on researching for the ship and then turned off the front monitor.

Locking the door to the front of the shop, I walked through turning off lights as I went and then locked the back door.

Ender was already waiting with his bike helmet on his head.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" He chanted and I giggled at his excitement.

I got on my bike and he on his and he pushed off, riding down the docks to the car lot.

The port was near the villa where Ashton and his friends stayed on their vacation. We turned left when leaving the lot and then followed the curve of the land as it rounded out.

It was only a few miles away from our house, so not too far of a trip.

The sun had set lower in the sky casting an orange glow over the harbour. From the hill we were riding down you could easily see the port where the boats came in and the docks.

A large red and white ferry boat was about two miles out at sea coming in and I knew that would be Ashton's.

Ender and I kept up our pace until we reached the bottom of the hill and then went over to the waiting area where a small crowd of people already stood.

The ferry pulled up and the workers got it ready so they could unload the passengers.

We stood in the back and watched, my stomach fluttering when the steel ramp dropped and people began walking off.

My eyes searched for the mop of sandy curls to appear and when I noted the top of his head I couldn't help but smile.

I could see Ashton whipping his head from side to side, scanning the swarm of people for us.

Raising my hand I waved to catch his attention and his hazel eyes met mine with a light that was brighter than anything I had ever seen.

He jogged down the ramp, dodging out of the way of others, across the small concrete lot and directly to me.

"Oh my god I missed you." He said as he dropped his duffle bag at his feet. Immediately he pulled me into a hug, almost knocking the air out of my lungs.

"Well hi to you too." I chuckled in his ear and heard his playful giggle that I so terribly missed.

"Hi." He set me down and then planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Let's not gross out your brother yet." He joked and I laughed before kissing his cheek back.

"Ender!" Ashton opened his arms and gave my little brother a hug and then slung his duffel over his shoulder.

"Alright, ready to go eat?" I asked and both boys nodded and grinned.

Since there were only two bikes we decided that Ashton and I would both ride and Ender would stand on the pegs connected to the back tire of mine, his hands on my shoulders so he wouldn't fall.

All three of us got adjusted on the bikes and then took off towards Main Street for dinner and to catch up.

This entire week I was in constant battle with myself saying that I wasn't going to miss him and then that it was okay to miss him despite the early stages of our relationship. And at the moment I wasn't sure what the winner of that battle was, but I was sure of one thing: I was incredibly glad that he was back here with me.

--

Sorry it's so late!! I've had college stuff and a surgical procedure so I've been out of commission for awhile but I'm back and writing so yay! haha I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to comment and vote! much love xx -m

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2K 21 40
A story in which Naomi Irwin, a 16 year old cheerleader with depression, finds love in her next door neighbor
8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
1.3K 40 41
Alex is a young girl suffering with emotional issues and the only person she's ever managed to be close to leaves her behind to follow his dreams. Wh...
523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...