RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles

214 13 2
By Lerpa2k2

For now, I commanded Ronin to watch over the inn for a while since I am going on a little excursion.

[Pistol check, mg box is full, and the gear is working properly] In the bell tower of the city's square there I am, checking my inventory for my little outing. Weapon maintenance is a thing, hence I bought a gun cleaning kit from the weapon store,

Consisted of a fine stiff brush and a flexible silky cloth, I cleaned the barrel of the Spitfire and lubricated the parts that needed lubrication using a high quality castor oil. Grease is one thing, I had to use it in the moving parts that are part of the bolt carrier assembly, and then oil for the dust cover door and for the other "technical stuff". Oil is a great rust protection material, so I wiped some of it at the gun itself and then wiped off the excess to avoid my hands becoming oily with it.

I once used this weapon when it rained so......I was terrified of rust, hence with the maintenance at this moment. With that finished, I then moved unto staring at the tactical map in my HUD.

The city is busy as people moved here and there, as far as I can see from the bell tower it seems like it is just the usual, until I looked at the map and see the dozen red dots that were in the crowd of people.

[What are these motherfuckers doing here?] What are they to begin with? I have no idea, but they are branded as hostiles so they might as well be bad guys. 

To begin with they are the reason why I am here at the bell tower. 

3 drones deployed in the air gave me a real-time view as well as tracking of these individuals in my map. Marked with an outline of red in each camera, I was now more aware of their physique.

4 hurly burly men, 5 lanky guys, and 3 fatties. I was once a fatty so I just basically ridiculed myself.  These people are scattered across in a 20 meter radius, hence I was able to have the drone monitor 4 people each. It still bothers me how they were unmarked at first in the map, but nevertheless at this point their whole jig is already up.

{PLEASE CHECK INVENTORY FOR UNOPENED REWARD BOXES!}

[EH?] Suddenly as I scanned the entire area where the enemies are, a pop up notification appeared in front of me as floating hologram.

Rewards? Since when did I receive any? How come I don't have the notifications on?

{TURN NOTIFICATIONS ON? YES|NO}

[What the fuck?! I never had it on?!] I almost banged my head on the wall, but I resisted because that will incur property damages.

Yes please, turn it on.

I sighed as I selected the YES button and then the screen disappeared. Phew, what could go wrong now.

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[Oh]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[What the?]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[Stop]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[Waaa!!!!!!!]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

{..........................}

My ear drums hurt, I should have not turned the notifications on.

.....

....

....

...

A moment of silence as I look over at the 20 boxes in my INVENTORY. Each were something else, as they were unique, but the most common thing is ammunition.

[Dear gods, my prayers are finally fulfilled. Free ammo!] I rejoiced as I put down an ammunition crate in front of me while making a prayer gesture to those above.

Let's see.....5 lmg boxes, 10 kraber magazines and then 15 pistol magazines together with an assortment of other stuffs such as fast loaders and bullet trackers. 

Tracers, incendiary, and then AP are also available.

[Right, I almost forgot. Are those guys still there?] I checked the screen again and yes, they are still in their spots.

I sat at the window, taking in each magazine one by one into my INVENTORY while monitoring the movements of the people from up here.

[Are you sure the product is there?] (??) Suddenly the microphone the drones picked up the conversation between two of the marked targets.

[Yeah, I saw her peeked at the window once from 2 days ago so I am sure of it. The problem is that the inn had knights staying for some time] (??) Product? At the inn?

They seem to refer to it as "she" so I might suspect that I knew what it is. 

{Ronin, hide at the backyard for a bit}

{Roger that}

I know that the kids will get disappointed, but I had to do it. Sorry.

With Ronin disappearing from the view, the men in question soon made their movements.

[Damn, that golem is guarding the place. How do we do it anyway? Did bossman had a plan  in mind] (??)

[That old fart only knows how to fuck young girls so we don't know what the fuck is going on with that guy. We have to take the product by force though no matter what] (??) My ears suddenly perked up as my attention was placed further into their conversation.

What did that bastard say? 

================================================================================

[We have to plan how to take her. It seems that she's occupying a room at the 2nd floor as what was reported earlier] (??) In a certain alley far away from Quagmire Inn, a few men gathered at the shadows.

[How about doing it in the night? Surely they are at rest, right?] (??)

[You fool, there is a golem present there! A powerful magician only comes to mind, especially that white witch. That bitch must have sniffed our locations, so we should be wary] (??) A plan to take something, someone, by force is being formulated right in this corner of the city. 

The organization or whatever they call it seems to have restarted their operations in the city, signs of that is the return of the missing cases being filed at the adventurers' guild. However, unknown to the current group at this specific alley is the glowing visor staring at them from above.

[One, two.....seven men. How odd, I thought you would have done it immediately] (??)

[Wa!? Who are you!?] (??) That was the last time they will hear his voice, for this is their last time in the world.

================================================================================

AN

Yay! I am now entering the 2nd face of college life, I mean I am now transitioning into my 2nd year in College. With that in mind, it seems that I can now have Sunday as my day of rest. What does that mean? That means I can now edit the drafted chapters on a weekly basis and not once per month.

Don't get me wrong, I already drafted the chapters from here on out. It is just that I wanted to insert important parts into the story to make it immersive by nature, though I am still improving. 

With that in mind, thank you for reading this rewrite of a fanfic I wrote and as always have a good day~

-Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 31 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...