RE: Summoned to the parallel...

By Lerpa2k2

Here's a polished synopsis: Jack Cooper is an overworked and underpaid adult American, navigating the frustra... More

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?
Chapter 38: A face unbefitting for a maiden
Chapter 39: Raising a Flag
Chapter 40: When the clock strikes midnight
Chapter 41: A letter to the catacombs
Chapter 42: A companion in the sewers
Chapter 43: Gorgon

Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads

642 23 4
By Lerpa2k2

What is more difficult when receiving customers other than talkative clients? Don't get me wrong, talkative clients indeed wipe away the boredom after hours of silence while working...the only problem with her is that she talks too much.

[So you see, my twin brother and I went into one of these dungeons and then--] (??) I don't even know who she is, but seeing the expression of the guy beside her, yep, she won't stop any time soon.

[A slime violated his ass] (??)

[Don't tell them that!!!!!] (??)

I looked at him and he was red over his face, no one wants to know about their dark history after all.

[Ah! Big sister Rynia!] (Tanya)

[Oho?! Tanya-chan!] (Rynia) Rynia, as Tanya called her, immediately lifted Tanya on her shoulders.

This woman is strong. I immediately knew it, why?

A goddamn 2-meter cloth-sheathed naginata was at her back. That was how I met the red-headed twins of the adventurers' guild entitled "THE CRIMSON GEMINI".

================================================================================

Handling customers like receiving them courteously, greeting them, and offering your utmost patience when dealing with even troublesome clients is what being a good receptionist is.

[Say...] Across the reception is the dining area, it is clearly as busy as always, except...

[Yes?] (Matthew)

[Just in case a troublesome client indeed caused trouble, can I just punch them in the face?] I asked him while pointing at one of the adventurers trying to woo Nene at the diner from across the inn lobby

[Well, yes, punch him in the face for me] (Matthew) It's my 2nd day here in Quagmire, and my 1st day as the temporary inn receptionist.

It seems that Sir Matthew is also definitely angry at the guy, but before I could even step in, another adventurer punched the guy.

[Hora?! What the fuck are you doing to Nene-chan?! You're troubling her!] (??) A baldy with a club falcon punched the guy.

[Right right! You should not bother the inn maidens!] (??) A lanky guy supported him.

The said flirtatious guy flew out of the inn in a ">" manner...it was rather comedic to look at, fortunately, he flew out without hitting the window.

[Thank you for doing that you two~] (Nene) She thanked them with a smile.

[Gufa!? I received the smile her smile!!!! Jagu I think it might die today auuuuu!!!!] (??)

[Big brother?!] (Jagu)

[..............]

[...............] (Matthew) Well...the situation was solved by itself by those two, the girls seem to have a lot of fans, so they instinctively stepped in to defend them.

[It was rather unneeded huh] So they are idols huh.....no wonder that the numbers of young male clients here are numerous, not that it was a bad thing.

[Hello and good day, do you have available rooms right now?] (??)

[Good day to you as well, I am Jack, and we have 3 vacant rooms in the left wing, one single room and 2 double. What room would you choose and how many days would you like to stay?]

[Let's see, how much for a single room?] (??)

[It is 10 silver coins for a week or 15 copper coins per day] Based on the chart I was taught, a day for a single room is 15 coppers, originally without a discount it would be 10 silvers and 5 copper coins, but for a limited time (just for this month) a 5 copper discount was implemented.

For an affluent customer, 5 coppers aren't that much, but for adventurers...it was basically the best offer they could find for a decent inn.

[Is that so!? Then a week please~] (??) She handed the exact amount, and after recounting it, I handed her a quill and the inn's logbook.

[Please write your name here, and as for the room, here is the key to single room number 11]

[Thank you~] (??)

[Your'e welcome]

[Say.......Jack] (Matthew)

[Yes?]

[I think you should smile often] (Matthew) Was it by sheer luck, or was it because every single client I faced understood my stiff smile?

It's already been ages since I smiled normally, and the smile I have right now is the business smile that I honed during my depressing adulthood days.

My mentor, Sir Matthew, commented as he sat at the chair in the lobby while observing me.

[Was it that stiff?]

[Yes, it was] (Matthew)

[I see] Without any context, that exchange would sound perverted, but no, what he meant was my smile and not the rod between my legs.

I have already booked 6 people for the past hours as the afternoon began, and the place calmed down drastically after lunch ended. It seems that people have resumed their work right after filling their bellies after a hearty meal and some talks.

[You two should take a break now, I will handle this myself] (Alurra) Coming from the diner as she wiped her hands with the apron, she offered us a break.

[Is that so, then I will take the offer] I learned a lot of lessons just from this activity alone.

First is that a first-time impression to me leaves a lasting impression on the entire inn. For example...

"Oya? You got a son from another wife?"

"The heck? This kid is my benefactor, rather our benefactor"

"He got a stiff smile, huh, his arms look like matches"

"Then let me take you as an underling"

"Please no, I will respectfully decline"

"Huh!? For this esteemed Jad's offer to be declined?!"

The last few exchanges came from the baldy who punched the flirtatious bastard, I mean the guy who did justice for Nene. He and his lanky underling were thugs before, however, they met the good food and service of this inn and diner, thus decided to be adventurers and were now regulars.

Right after Alurra took the post, 2 clients then came. Both were adventurers it seems, but what struck them the most was their distinct hair color.

[Alurra-chan?!] (??) The red-headed girl immediately halted her feet...

[Ahaha. I am now back Rynia-san] (Alurra)

[Uwaaa!!!!] (??) And immediately she flew and hugged Alurra.

Well.......these two are?

[They are regulars here] (Mattew) Oh? Really? The more I look at the interaction of the red-headed woman with Alurra the more I think that perhaps sir Matthew has children from another woma--

[Gufu!] I was elbowed in my stomach.

[Stop with the rude thinking, as if I'd cheat on a fearsome wife] (Matthew) Mistress Marie is a fearsome wife? Huh? No matter how I looked at her, she looked like a motherly saint woman.

[Is that....so? Ow....my sides] 

[Sup Matthew, a new kid? A kid from another woman?] (Rynia) After her assault on Alurra, she went onto us.

[Stop joking, this kid was the one that went up to save them, come on kid introduce yourself] (Matthew) He pushed me with a slap on my shoulder once again. 

[Ugh...my name is Jack, nice to meet you miss] I straightened my smile as I coped with the pain at my side and shoulder. 

[Hmmmm...............] (Rynia) Eh?! She's staring intently at me. 

[I-Is something wrong?] I feel like a frog being death-stared by a snake as her gaze sharpened by each second.

[Nothing, nice to meet you. I am Rynia, and this is my twin brother...oi idiot, introduce yourself as well] (Rynia)

[Eh?! Me?! An Idiot?! What the fuck are you saying you bitch!?] (??)

[Aa?! Ya got a problem with that, you bastard?!] (Rynia) 

[Woah woah! Wait!!! Don't brandish that stupid long weapon of yours at me!!!! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!] (??) 

In the end, I learned that his name was Ethan. Ethan and Rynia huh....the red-headed twin adventurers...

[Are they always like that?] 

[Yeah, just treat it as them having what do you call that again....sibling love?] (Matthew) But all I could see is that Ethan is being dominated by his twin sister...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 213 25
Life comes at us with different tests, different tricks and different obstacles and the more you go through them the harder they get, just like a gam...
13.6K 1.2K 60
πš‚πš˜πšπš’πšŠ I've always seen him. But he's never seen me. At least, not since that night. The night they made me one of them. And then they pushed...
4.8M 143K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...
1.9K 64 28
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...