[2] The Daughter of Nurse Joy...

By FantasyWriter345

After winning the Indigo League, Cora, Alain and Mairin are heading to the Orange Islands to pick up a specia... More

Off To the Orange Islands
Valencia Island
Mikan Island
Sunburst Island
Navel Island
Moro Island
Murcott Island
Mandarin Island
Trovitopolis City
Trovita Island
The Power of One
Kumquat Island
Rind Island
The Lapras Pod
A Tent Situation
Pokémon Obtained Update
Upcoming Sequel

Pummelo Island

1.2K 20 7
By FantasyWriter345

Cora, Alain and Mairin were now riding Rory on their way to Pummelo Island.

"I can't believe that I'm finally on my way to the Orange League." Cora said.

"How do you feel about it, Cora?" Mairin asked.

"Nervous and excited." Cora admitted.

"I know that you're going to win it, Cora." Alain encouraged.

Cora smiled Alain, "So will you, Alain."

Alain smiled back at Cora.

Chespie looked to the side and saw something, "Ches? (What's that?)" He asked.

"Espe?" Kilala looked and saw a silhouette of a Pokémon flying across the ocean water, fast.

Cora pulled out her phone and pointedly the silhouette Pokémon that took off into the sky, it scanned the Pokémon.

The image of the Pokémon appeared in full color, "[Pokémon Identified; Dragonite, the Dragon Pokémon. Type; Dragon and Flying-type.]" The female mechanical voice said.

"A Dragonite huh?" Mairin awed at the Pokémon.

"Must belong to Drake. From what I heard, he's the only one on Pummelo Island that has a Dragonite." Alain said.

==============

The gang then moved on to Pummelo Island. When the gang finally got to Pummelo Island, the first thing they did was go to the building where Cora and Alain had to register to enter the Orange League. The receptionist scanned Cora's phone and four gym badges and soon Cora was registered. Then the receptionist scanned Alain's Pokédex and four gym badges. Alain was now registered as well.

"Okay, Cora Joy, your match is scheduled at ten o'clock in the morning at the Pummelo Stadium tomorrow. Alain Sycamore is scheduled at eleven o'clock the day after Cora's." The receptionist informed.

At that moment, Ash, Misty and Tracey appeared. 

"We're finally here!" Ash beamed, "I bet we beat Cora."

"Pika!" Pikachu chirped.

"Hey Ash." Mairin greeted.

Ash turned to Mairin when he heard her voice and saw Cora and Alain at the receptionist desk. 

"Cora, Alain, are you two already registered?" Ash asked.

"Yes." Cora and Alain replied.

Ash's head slumped down at their answer. 

"Cora beat you once again." Misty commented.

"Don't remind me, please." Ash pleaded.

Then Ash registered for the league and his battle was scheduled the day after Alain's, much to his disappointment.

Cora asked the receptionist where the Pummelo Stadium was. The receptionist showed the gang the way to the Pummelo Stadium. The Pummelo Stadium stood on the top of a big hill, and it looked Roman coliseum style.

There was a domed shape building next to the Pummelo Stadium. The receptionist explained that the dome shaped building was the Orange League's Hall of Fame. Inside there were stone statues of some Pokémon, pictures of trainers with their six Pokémon and stone slates of prints from Pokémon.

"If a trainer wins the Orange League, not only would you win the winner's trophy but a photo you and your six Pokémon get to be placed in the hall of fame." The receptionist told them.

Cora got really excited of thinking about being placed in the hall of fame. Ash was excited as well.

"To win the Orange League, you have to defeat our head leader, Drake, in a six-on-six Pokémon battle." The receptionist added.

Just then Tracey noticed a lot of statues of a dragon in the building.

"That's a Dragonite." Cora said.

"That's right and I must warn you, Drake owns a Dragonite." The receptionist warned.

Ash, Misty, Mairin and Tracey were surprised by that. Cora and Alain already knew.

"And because of Dragonite, Drake hasn't been defeated for quite a while. So Cora, Alain, Ash, I wish you three good luck." The receptionist said.

===============

That evening, Cora had picked which six Pokémon she would use in her battle against Drake. Cora and Alain decided to do some training before the big day. After they were done, all of their Pokémon got checked up and healed. Then they went to bed to be ready for Cora's match.

===============

The next day, it was finally time for Cora to face off against Drake. Lots of people had turned up to watch the battle and all the seats of Pummelo Stadium were all full. Alain, Ash, Misty, Mairin and Tracey were in the seats as well.

"Welcome Pokémon fans! Pummelo Stadium is pulsing with excitement, as we get set for the first Orange League Competition season!"

Drake Yuuji entered the stadium.

"And here is Drake Yuuji, the Leader of the Orange Crew and undefeated Pummelo Island Gym Leader!"

The crowd cheered.

Cora entered the stadium with Kilala on her shoulder, she walked towards the center of the stadium.

"Opposing him from Viridian City, Cora Joy, for those who don't know her, Cora is the Champion of the Indigo Plateau and consider the youngest champion winner at the age of 11."

The crowd cheered again.

"And she hopes to end Drake's winning streak, so she can earn herself the winner's trophy and place herself in the Orange League, Hall of Fame!"

Both Drake and Cora were at the center of the stadium, facing one of another.

Both Gym Leader and Challenger shook hands.

"The trainers begin with a traditional handshake."

"Welcome to the Pummelo Gym Cora and the Orange League Winners Trophy Competition." Drake greeted.

"Pleasure to meet you, Drake." Cora greeted back.

"You must be a very strong trainer to have gotten this far. Are you ready for this battle?" Drake asked.

"Yes I am." Cora replied.

"This is a full 6-on-6 full Pokémon Battle, when three of either Pokémon trainers are unable to battle, there will be a Field Change." The referee explained the rules.

Cora nodded, then she heard some mechanisms noise coming from behind her, she turned around and spotted the field changing. The battle arena had lots of rocks and a small pool.

"The battle will begin on a Rock and Water field."

"This winner trophy match is about to begin. So choose your Pokémon and good luck to you both." The referee said.

"And now we'll see which Pokémon the trainers shall choose; an important decision should give us an idea what their opponents are planning."

DING! 

The crowd cheered.

"I hope this one makes a good impression." Drake sent out his first Pokémon.

"Ditto Ditto." The transform Pokémon said, appearing on the field.

"Orange Crew, Drake has made Ditto his first choice. Transform is one Ditto's technique, but this Pokémon turns its opponent strength into its own. Which can be devastating."

"This may be tricky," Cora said, "but even this won't get me down. Romulus, let's go!" She released her Dusk Form Lyncanroc onto the battle arena, ready to fight.

"And Cora has chosen her Dusk Form Lycanroc. This form is a newly discovered form of Lycanroc. This is going to be an interesting battle to see!"

"Ditto Transform." Drake commanded.

Ditto transformed into a Dusk form Lycanroc.

"Ditto has transformed in Lycanroc is its Dusk Form."

"Romulus, Scary Face." Cora commanded.

Romulus made a scary face which frightened Ditto from moving.

"Now use Sword Edge!"

Romulus howled and multiple light-blue swords circle around him. The swords stopped and pointed towards him, end first, before disappearing. A red aura then burst from the ground underneath him, before a lighter-colored red aura goes upwards along his body, boosting his attack power. Then he stood up on his hind legs and an orange aura surrounds his body. He then slammed its front paws onto the ground, causing multiple jagged light blue stones to come out of the ground, moving toward Ditto.

The attack slammed into Ditto which sent it flying across the field.

"Roc!" Ditto cried out.

"Ditto!" Drake called out.

Ditto then stood back up, ready for Drake's next attack.

"Okay Ditto, use Agility!" Drake ordered.

Ditto ran towards Romulus.

"Romulus, Storm Drill!" Cora countered.

Romulus spun his tail around and summoned a whirl wind of sand around himself, blinding Ditto. Then Romulus burst out of the sand and rammed Ditto. Romulus had used the Drill Run attack which sent Ditto flying across the field. Ditto tried to get up.

"Don't let Ditto recover! Use Agility Combat!"

Romulus ran fast towards Ditto who was still trying to get up and then started to use various of kicks combo and the final kick, sent the transform Pokémon flying backwards, crashing into the ground.

"Ditto..." Copy Lycanroc glowed before reconverting back to the transform Pokémon, who is unconscious with swirling eyes, "Di-Ditt-o..."

"Ditto is unable to battle!" The referee raised the green flag, "Lycanroc is the winner!" He declared.

"The first battle goes to the challenger, Cora Joy and Lycanroc."

Romulus howled at his victory.

==============

"That was amazing," Tracey awed, "I've never seen combo moves like that before."

"Cora is full of surprises." Mairin stated.

"It was a real clever way to defeat Ditto." Alain commented.

"I bet Drake didn't see that coming." Misty added.

"I wish I had a Pokemon like Lycanroc." Ash admitted.

============

Drake recalled back his Ditto, "Thanks Ditto." He said, he held out another Pokéball, "Hope you're ready for the next Pokémon. Because this next one is going to rock you!" He sent out the rock snake Pokémon.

"Roarrr!" Onix roared out.

"For his second Pokémon, Drake has chosen Onix. Now how will Cora response?"

"Romulus return." Cora recalled back her male Wolf Pokémon, "Well, this one is going to surprise everyone. Chrystal, I choose you!" She sent out the crystal snake Pokémon.

"Roar!" Chrystal roared as she appeared on the field.

Everyone who was watching this froze in shock and jaw dropped.

"Wow! Are you seeing what I'm seeing folks! That is an Onix and that Onix is made out of Crystal! Unbelievable!"

Even Onix was surprised to see another Onix made out of Crystal.

Both Onix's roared at each other, ready to battle.

"A real live Crystal Onix." Drake said, amazed, "Onix, use Rock Throw."

Onix summoned rocks around itself and threw them towards the other Onix.

"Water Gun." Cora countered.

Chrystal drew in her breath.

"What?" Drake's eyes widened.

Chrystal fired Water Gun hits each of the Rock Throw, hitting it away and the water continued, and it hit the rock snake Pokémon, who roared out in pain.

"Unbelievable folks! Crystal Onix just used a Water-type attack is that even possible?"

"Seems like this is going to be even more difficult now, were at a disadvantage." Drake said, after hearing that, "Onix, use Iron Tail!"

"Chrystal, Iron Tail as well." Cora said.

Both rock and crystal snake Pokémon tails glowed metallic color and slammed against each other like sword, either is backing down.

"Look at them go! Iron Tail against Iron Tail!"

Both Onix's roared at each other and then slammed one more Iron Tail, making both Pokémon skated backwards, they continued to glare at each other.

"Hydro Pump!" Chrystal launched a Hydro Pump attack towards the rock snake Pokémon.

"Dig!" Onix drove into the ground, avoiding the Hydro Pump attack.

"Another, into the hole." The crystal snake Pokémon immediately launched another Hydro Pump into the hole where the rock snake went.

"Onix get out!" Drake exclaimed.

But it was too late, the Hydro Pump hit Onix that was underground, forcing it out and cried out in pain.

"Roar!" Onix growled one more time before it collapsed onto the ground with swirling eyes.

"Onix is unable to battle!" The referee raised the green flag, "Crystal Onix is the winner!"

"And that's the second defeat for Drake."

"Onix, return now." Drake recalled back his fallen rock snake Pokémon, to its Pokéball. "Well Cora, so far you've been two of my Pokémon." Drake said and held up a Pokéball, "But this time you don't stand a ghost of a chance." Then he released the Pokémon which turned out to be a Gengar.

"Gengar." The shadow Pokémon grinned.

"A Gengar." Cora said.

"Drake has chosen the Ghost and Poison-type Pokémon, Gengar."

"Thanks Chrystal, return." Cora recalled back her crystal snake Pokémon. "Kilala, I choose you!"

"Espe!" Kilala jumped onto the field, ready to battle.

"Wow! Cora has chosen a shiny Espeon. This Pokémon can only be found in the Johto Region."

"Gengar, use Shadow Ball!"

"Intercepted that with your own, Kilala."

Both Pokémon launched a Shadow Ball at each other and the attack, canceled each other out.

"Gengar, Shadow Sneak."

"Gengengen!" The shadow Pokémon snickers and then fades into the rocky ground, disappearing.

Kilala kept her guard up as she waited for Gengar to reappear.

"Use Brick Break." Drake called out.

Gengar laughed as it reappeared behind Kilala with its claws glowing.

"Use Iron Tail to intercept it." Cora countered.

Kilala's tail glowed metallic color immediately and then slammed it against the Brick Break attack, she put more power into the attack, she spun, deflecting the Brick Break and then slammed an Iron Tail on Gengar's stomach.

"GENGAR!" It cried out in pain.

Drake's eyes widened, "Gengar, Focus Blast!" He called out.

"Hidden Power."

The shadow Pokémon fired a white blast towards the shiny Sun Pokémon who destroyed the blast with Hidden Power.

"Look at these two Pokémon go! Either are giving an inch up!"

Both Pokémon glared at each other.

"Kilala, Psychic and then Snarl!" Cora ordered.

Kilala's eyes glowed blue, and a blue outline appeared around the shadow Pokémon, and it was pulled down.

Gengar panicked as it was pulled to the ground.

"Oh no." Drake said, "Gengar try and break free."

The shadow Pokémon struggled to break free of the Psychic attack.

"Uh oh, this could be trouble for Drake's Gengar. It's trapped by Espeon's Psychic attack."

Kilala formed a black ball of energy with black sparks on it in her mouth and hurls it at Gengar.

"Gen? GENGAR!" Gengar cried in pain when the attack hit it.

"Gengar!" Drake called out.

Gengar slowly got up. It slightly winced as it tried to stand.

"Quick use Dark Pulse!" Cora ordered.

Kilala fired multiple black orbs of energy with a purple outline from in front of her head at Gengar with rainbow rings surrounding the black orbs as she fired them at Gengar.

"GENGAR!" Gengar cried out in pain as the attack hit and it collapsed on the ground with swirling eyes.

"Gengar is unable to battle!" The referee raised the green flag, "Espeon is the winner!"

"Gengar return." Drake recalled back his fallen Pokémon back to his Pokéball, "Great work. You deserve a good rest." He looked at Cora who was petting the Sun Pokémon, "You're quite the unpredictable trainer, Cora."

"Thank you." Cora smiled.

"This is the first time that a challenger has knocked out three of Drake's Pokémon in a row."

The referee crossed his arms, "Time out for the field change." He announced.

"In the winner's trophy competition, whenever three of either trainers Pokémon are defeated, the field is changed." The field moved, "Now both these trainers will have to adapt, come up with new battle strategies."

===============

Cora was having a breather on the bench with Alain, Mairin, Ash, Misty and Tracey.

"You're doing great, Cora." Alain handed Cora a bottle of water. Then she took a long sip of it.

"I agree with Alain." Tracey agreed.

"Only another three Pokémon to beat." Ash said.

"How are you feeling?" Mairin asked.

"Pretty good so far." Cora replied.

"Don't forget, Drake still has his ace." Alain warned.

"Dragonite." Cora said.

"It'll be tough to beat. But I know you must have your ace up your sleeve, right?" Tracey asked.

"Yup." Cora replied.

============

"The new field is moving into place and the trainers are set for action."

"This time, the opponents will be dueling on a sandy desert-like field."

DING!

The crowd cheered.

"There's the bell to start the second half of the full six-on-six winner trophy's battle!"

Drake had a Pokéball in his hand, ready.

"Drake the undefeated Orange League Champion, has just three Pokémon left."

"I choose you, Venusaur." Drake sent out the seed Pokémon.

"Venusaur." The seed Pokémon said.

"Drake has chosen Venusaur, who has won many battles here in the past."

"I'll go with Risha. Let's go!" She released her cannon Pokémon.

"Toucannon!" Risha the Toucannon screeched out when she came out, flapping her wings.

"Cora's fourth Pokémon is Toucannon. A Pokémon you can only find in the Alola Region."

"Venusaur use Leaf Storm!" The seed Pokémon sent a storm, tornado of leaves towards the bird Pokémon.

"Use Heat Wave and then Flame Charge!" Cora ordered.

Risha flapped her wings, creating an orange gust of heat that headed towards Leaf Storm. The heat made the leaves turn to ashes. Then Risha's shape was outlined in red flames, and she tackled Venusaur to the side.

"Saur!" Venusaur cried out in pain.

"Venusaur!" Drake called out.

Venusaur shook his head, trying to shake off the effects.

"Sludge Bomb!" The seed Pokémon released blob of sludges from its back.

"Aerial Ace!" Risha flew into the air, avoiding the Sludge Bomb attack, she flew at the seed Pokémon and flips in the air, then she became engulfed in streaks of white light, she disappeared before reappearing and hits Venusaur.

"Venusauuurrrr!" It cried out in pain, losing his feet ground as well.

"Venusaur!" Drake exclaimed.

"Don't let Venusaur recover! Risha, Brave Bird now!" Cora commanded.

"Touuuu!" The cannon Pokémon flew into the air once more and she flew down towards the panting Venusaur like a missile, her body bursting into flames, she opened up her wings and her body became surround in blue aura and she slammed into the seed Pokémon.

"VENUSAURR!" The seed Pokémon cried out in pain and then collapsed on the ground with swirling eyes. "Saur..."

"Venusaur is unable to battle!" The referee raised the green, "Toucannon is the winner!"

"You heard it fans. The challenger makes a quick defeat of Venusaur and has now defeated four of the Champion's Pokémon."

The crowd cheered.

"Great job, Risha." Cora praised her cannon Pokémon.

"Toucannon." Risha smiled, she felt the recoil damage from the Brave Bird but ignored it.

Drake recalled Venusaur back to its Pokéball, "You put up a fine battle. Toucannon was too fast." He said, he held out another Pokéball, "Now I choose Electabuzz."

"Electaaa!" The electric Pokémon appeared, with electrical static around its body.

"The atmosphere here is charged and Electabuzz is Drake's fifth Pokémon."

"Risha return." Cora returned back her cannon Pokémon to her Pokéball.

"The challenger is changing Pokémon."

"Let's go, Zuma!" Cora let out her Alolan Raichu.

"Rai!" Zuma appeared on the field.

"And Cor's fifth Pokémon is Alolan Raichu. An Electric/Psychic-type against Electric-type. Who will win in this match?"

"Electabuzz, Iron Tail!"

"Dodge it and then Iron Tail."

"Electabuzz!" The electric Pokémon's tail glowed metallic color has it ran across the sandy field towards the mouse Pokémon.

"Rai-Rai!" Zuma dodged the Iron Tail before it could hit him and his tail glowed metallic color, he jumped and slammed an Iron Tail onto Electabuzz stomach, making the electric Pokémon slid backwards.

"Elect!" Electabuzz got up and glared at the mouse Pokémon.

"Electabuzz use Fire Punch!" The electric Pokémon charged towards Light with its fist, blazing with flames.

"Dig." Zuma dug into the sandy field, escaping the Fire Punch.

"And Raichu uses Dig a Ground-type move to avoid the Fire Punch. Shocking!?"

Drake's eyes widened in disbelief, "An Electric-type using a Ground-type attack?! Electabuzz, stay on guard!" He called out.

"Where is Raichu?"

"Elect?" Electabuzz looked around, everywhere.

"Focus Punch and Iron Tail!" Cora called out.

"Rai-Raichu!" Zuma appeared from below the electric Pokémon and punched it on the chin and he spun her body with his tail glowing metallic color, he slammed his tail onto the stomach of Electabuzz.

"Electabuzzz!" The electric Pokémon slid backwards and it stopped, panting from the attack.

"Electabuzz, you okay?" Drake asked his Pokémon.

Electabuzz nodded, barely, "Elect!" It still able to battle.

"Raichu." Zuma landed in the center of the field.

"Zuma, Electro Ball." Cora ordered.

Zuma's body becomes surrounded in yellow electricity and multiple yellow sparks come off his body, "Rairairairai Raichu!" All electricity forms an orange-yellow orb of electricity and sparks at the top of his tail, he jumped and flung the orb at the electric Pokémon.

"Focus Blast!" Electabuzz brought its arms together and formed a white blast orb into the center and launched it at the Electro Ball.

"Oho, looks at these two Electric-types go, either are giving an inch up! Attacks against attacks, though Electabuzz is getting tiredly from all the attacks from the Iron Tail."

"Ice Punch!" Electabuzz charged into towards the mouse Pokémon with its fist encased in ice.

"Wild Charge." Zuma's eyes narrowed and he charged towards the electric Pokémon with his body surrounded in golden electricity, his body looked black and white.

"Electabuzz!" The electric Pokémon reels its fist back and punched the mouse Pokémon.

"Raichu!" Zuma hits his head into the Ice Punch.

BOOM!

A massive explosion occurred in the field, dust clouds appeared around the field.

"Oh! And the Wild Charge from Raichu heads into the Ice Punch from the Electabuzz! We can't see who is still standing from the dust cloud, we'll have to wait."

Drake and Cora both stared at the dust cloud.

Everyone saw two silhouettes standing into the dust clouds and as it began to slowly disappear, they saw Electabuzz standing, breathing heavily and sweating, Zuma who was floating slightly to the ground and staring at the electric Pokémon, calmly, ignoring the electric sparks appearing before disappearing.

"Elec- Electabuzz." Electabuzz collapsed onto the ground with swirling eyes.

"Electabuzz is unable to battle!" The referee raised the green flag, "Raichu is the winner!"

The crowd cheered.

Drake returned his fainted Electabuzz back to its Pokéball, "Good work Electabuzz." He said.

"Raichu Rai!" Zuma floated over to Cora and nuzzled her, "Raichu!"

Cora smiled, "Good job, Zuma." She said before she returned him.

"Now Challenger Cora Joy is one victory away from the winner's trophy."

================

"Dragonite is the last Pokémon she'll have to face." Alain stated.

"Yeah." Tracey said.

"But what will she choose?" Ash asked.

"I'm sure that she has the right one." Alain replied.

===============

"But as we've seen it before, Drake saves the best for last."

Drake pulled the Pokéball off his necklace.

Everyone was silent and eager to see Drake's ace Pokémon.

The Orange League Champion, enlarged the Pokéball, "My last hope." He said, "I choose you..." He tossed the Pokéball in the air.

"Nite." The dragon Pokémon appeared.

"Drake's last Pokémon the Legendary Pokémon Dragonite and if Dragonite goes down, this battle is over."

"Dragonite, huh?" Cora said.

"And now the challenger, which Pokémon will she call out to battle against Dragonite?"

Cora took out a Pokéball and enlarged it, "Nuri, I choose you!" She tossed the Pokéball into the air.

"Char!" The shiny flame Pokémon roared, as she appeared.

"A Shiny Charizard." Drake gasped, surprised to see another shiny Pokémon.

Dragonite and Nuri stared down at each other both growling, ready to fight.

"And it's a shiny Charizard against Dragonite! You can feel the intense pressure coming from both Pokémon folks!"

"Dragonite use Hydro Pump!" Drake started off.

"Overheat." Cora countered.

Both attacks clashed against each other and turned into steam.

"Now, Dragon Pulse!" Nuri launched a blueish/ green orb from her mouth.

"Dodge it!" The dragon Pokémon flew up, avoiding the Dragon Pulse attack, "Now, Ice Beam!" It fires an icy blue beam towards the flame Pokémon on the ground still.

"Absorb the ice with Dragon Claw!" Nuri roared as she took off into the air, charging straight into the Ice Beam and she used her Dragon Claw, absorbing the attack, her greenish claw became blueish white, and he charged forwards with it.

"Dragon Claw!" Dragonite roared out as well, he charged in with her greenish claws.

Both claws struck each other, and they flew in the air, attacking non-stop.

"Incredible! Just look at those two Pokémon go! Claw against Claw!"

Drake started to smile, "Finally. Dragonite, Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush!" He shouted.

The dragon Pokémon attack and speed was increased, it flew backwards, and its body was surrounded in blueish flame aura, it charged towards Nuri.

"Dragon Dance as well and Flame Charge!" Cora countered.

The flame Pokémon attack and speed increased, she charged towards Dragonite with her body covered in flames.

"This is going to huge folks!"

And like the announcer said, both attack hits each other, causing a massive explosion.

BOOM!

Two growls were heard from the smoke. As the smoke began to disappear, showed Dragonite and Nuri, in mid-air, growling and snarling at each other.

"Iron Tail!" Both trainers shouted out.

Both Pokémon tail glowed metallic and against each other, like swords.

"And they're both at it again! No one is giving up!"

Both Dragonite and Nuri slammed one more Iron Tail before, landing back on their trainers' side, glaring and fangs.

"Hey Drake!" Cora called out, "Do you want to make this match more interesting?"

"Interesting?" Drake called back.

"Have you ever gone against a Mega Evolve Charizard?" Cora asked.

"No. I would be honored to go against one." Drake replied.

"Alright then, wish granted," Cora she placed two fingers on the Key Stone as it glowed.

The Mega Stone on Nuri's necklace glowed.

"Key Stone, let our hearts unite as one," Cora said, "Go beyond evolution. Mega Evolve!"

Cora's shiny Charizard Mega Evolved into Mega Charizard X.

"Mega Evolution." Drake whispered with wide eyes.

"THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING FOLKS! Drake will be going against a Mega Evolved Pokémon! Will Drake's Dragonite be able to defeat Cora's Mega Evolved Charizard?"

The crowd roared in cheers.

Both Pokémon prepared themselves to attack each other once again.

"Nuri, Flamethrower!"

"Dragonite, Hydro Pump!"

Both Pokémon launched their attack, and the flames were dowse by the water.

"Dragonite, Thunderbolt!"

"Rarghhh!" The dragon Pokémon fired a bolt of electricity towards the mega flame Pokémon.

"Steel Wing!" Cora countered.

"Gragh." Nuri growled as she was hit but quickly Steel Wing and flew down, digging her wing into the ground and the electricity was redirect into the ground.

"Water Pulse!" Dragonite launched a pulse of water towards the mega flame Pokémon.

"Air Slash and use Dragon Rush." Nuri flapped her wings, releasing clear spinning disc towards the rushing Water Pulse, slicing it in half and she drove through the cut water with her body surrounded blue aura.

"Rargh!" Dragonite cried out in pain when the attack hit.

"Dragonite! Quick Dragonite, Thunder Punch!" Drake ordered, quickly.

"Dragon Pulse, close range!" Cora shouted.

The dragon Pokémon grunted and lifted its fist with electricity around it to punch Nuri, but the mega flame Pokémon launches a close-range Dragon Pulse from her mouth, hitting Dragonite on the stomach directly.

"Rarghhh!" The mega dragon Pokémon cried out in pain, panting and it was on one knee.

"Dragonite! Dragonite, you okay?" Drake asked his Pokémon.

Dragonite nodded.

"Dragonite, use Roost." Drake said.

Dragonite nodded, it closed its eyes, and its body began to glow brightly. The mega dragon Pokémon body was slowly healing some of its strengths and after a few seconds, its eyes snapped opened. Ready to continue battling.

"Nice, Nuri use- What in the world?" Cora looked up immediately, seeing a shadow.

"Hey, wait! What's that up there?!" Drake yelled out.

Everyone else looked up in the air, seeing a Meowth head, hot air balloon flying above the stadium.

"Oh great." Cora muttered.

"Wahahahahahaha!" Team Rocket laughed and in a quick flash, they flung a net over Dragonite and Mega Charizard. "Whahahahahaha!"

"Prepare for trouble!" Jessie started, their motto.

"Make it double." James continued.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"Nuri, Flamethrower." Cora cut in.

Nuri fired an orange/red flame, the Flamethrower at Team Rocket's balloon.

"Uh oh!" Meowth paled.

"We should've gotten a fire attack type proof net!" James said.

"NOW, you say it!" Jessie exclaimed.

BLAST! BOOM!

"TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted, in the distance.

DING!

===============

"I almost feel sorry for them." Tracey admitted.

"Yeah, almost." Misty added, sheepishly. 

"But not quite." Mairin added, sheepishly.

"They deserved it anyway." Alain stated, shrugged.

Ash chuckled nervously.

==============

"Well, that was completely out of the ordinary and unexpected event of today... Let the exciting match continue!!"

The crowd cheered loudly.

Cora nodded, "Let's continue of where we left from... Nuri, Fire Dragon Pulse!" She started off.

Nuri growled and her mouth revealed a Dragon Pulse, but it was reddish/ orange color with flames flicking around it, she launched the combined attack towards the dragon Pokémon.

Cora remembered reading a fanfic from her previous life that involved Pokémon learning to fuse elements with the Dragon Pulse. It was a real pain, especially learning to controlling your own types when you're in Mega Form because the flames are currently blue. But the effort was well worth it.

"Dragonite, use Water Pulse!" Drake countered.

Dragonite launched a Water Pulse towards the Fire Dragon Pulse and both attacks colloid, creating a explosion.

"Dragon Blast!" Nuri roared and launched a blue Fire Blast kanji-like symbol through the smoke.

"RARGHH!" Dragonite roared out in pain, as the super effective attack hits it mark.

"Dragonite!" Drake shouted out as his Pokémon was on one knee and it was panting heavily, breathing fast, "Dragonite, it's now or never. Full power, Hyper Beam!" He shouted.

"Let's end this! Nuri, Blast Burn!" Cora shouted.

"ROAR!" Nuri roared, as her power rose up even more and the temperature rise higher, she punched the ground, causing cracks to stretch all the way to Dragonite Hyper Beam and an explosion, behind it, erupted from below.

Both attacks colloid but Blast Burn overpowered the Hyper Beam and headed directly towards the exhausted Dragonite.

BOOM! Creating a massive explosion.

The referee, Drake and Cora stood their ground as the shockwave occurred.

"INCREDIBLE! The attack from Hyper Beam and Blast Burn collided, creating a massive explosion and we can't see which Pokémon is still standing! We have to wait and see folks!"

The dust cloud started to fade away, slowly.

The clear dust cloud reveals two Pokémon glaring at each other.

Dragonite had burn marks on its body, it was panting and breathing heavily.

Mega Charizard X growled at the dragon Pokémon in front of her.

"A stare down... Who will collapse first?"

"... Owwrrr..." Dragonite closed its eyes and collapsed onto the ground with swirling eyes.

The referee raised the green flag, "Dragonite is unable to battle!" He pointed the flag in the challenger direction, "The winner of this competition is Cora Joy!"

The crowd cheered.

"The challenger wins the match! The challenger wins the match! The challenger wins the match!" The announcer repeated.

===============

"Wohoo! You go, Cora!" Mairin cheered.

"Togephriii!" Jevin the Togepi smiled.

"Chesp! Chespin! (Hooray! Cora!)" Chespie shouted out.

"Way to go!" Tracey yelled.

"Yeah, Cora!" Misty cheered.

"Another Competition won." Alain smiled.

==============

"Espeon!" Kilala smiled.

"ROARRRR!" Nuri blew out flames, happily before she converted back to her original form.

"Way to go! We won!" Cora cheered.

Cora and Kilala ran over to Nuri and hugged her as she returned the hug.

"Dragonite, return." Drake recalled back his fallen Pokémon, "We found a worthy opponent. I'm very proud of you." He smiled at the Pokéball.

==============

Cora and all six of her Pokémon she used in the Orange League battle were all out and standing around her on a platform.

"Cora Joy has beaten the undefeated Orange Crew Champion! Earning herself a place of honor in the Orange Island, Hall of Fame and the winner's trophy!"

Drake handed over the Orange League Trophy and Cora took it.

"You really deserve that trophy Cora, congratulations. You're an excellent Pokémon trainer." Drake praised.

"Thanks a lot Drake. I have great Pokémon." Cora smiled.

"Roar!" Nuri roared out.

"Roc!" Romulus barked.

"Espeon." Kilala nodded.

"Roar!" Chrystal roared out.

"Toucannon!" Risha stretched his wings out.

"Rai!" Zuma smiled.

Cora laughed, "You're right."

Drake smiled.

============

Alain's match was the next day. He battled Drake's Ditto and Onix with his Glaceon, Gengar against shiny Zororark, Venusaur and Electabuzz against Metagross, and Dragonite versus Charizard. The last battle was most thrilling for the both of them. Charizard managed to win using Mega Evolution which made Drake excited. After defeating Dragonite, Alain had won the Orange League and earned a place in the Hall of Fame

=============

They stayed and watched Ash's match against Drake that was happening the next day. Like Cora predicted, Ash and his Pokémon had won which earned a place in the Hall of Fame as well.

============

And with the help of their Pokémon, Cora and Alain won the match, winner's trophy and the rightful place in the Orange Island, Hall of Fame.

==========

Pokémon Obtained:

Cora: Crystal Onix (Chrystal)(F), Zamazenta (Galahad)(M), Shiny Zacian (Athena)(F), Shiny Latias (Serenity)(F), Lugia (Poseidon)(M), Shiny Articuno (Beira)(F), Shiny Moltres (Plamen)(M), Zapdos (Barak)(M), Pokémon Egg, Marshadow (Kage)(M)

Alain: Shiny Latios (M), Slowking (M)

Mairin: Panpour (Kendra)(F), Bulbasaur (Cedar)(M)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 1.9K 73
Brian Phoenix has awakened in a strange world where Pokemon exist. Join him as he travels to different places and takes on countless challenges to be...
24.1K 1.1K 43
Its a story about a boy Ash ketchum, who became the best of all in every field from the start he will be the very best. Its an ash x harem story. pok...
19.6K 405 51
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 1 of the series: Kanto.
116K 1.9K 51
A girl from our world had died from cancer. But then something unexpected happened; she was reborn in the Pokémon World as the daughter of Nurse Joy...