[2] The Daughter of Nurse Joy...

By FantasyWriter345

After winning the Indigo League, Cora, Alain and Mairin are heading to the Orange Islands to pick up a specia... More

Off To the Orange Islands
Valencia Island
Mikan Island
Sunburst Island
Navel Island
Moro Island
Murcott Island
Trovitopolis City
Trovita Island
The Power of One
Kumquat Island
Rind Island
Pummelo Island
The Lapras Pod
A Tent Situation
Pokémon Obtained Update
Upcoming Sequel

Mandarin Island

1.2K 27 1
By FantasyWriter345

The gang had come to an island called Mandarin Island and were having a break at a café. Cora wasn't exactly taking a break though; she had been battling trainers for a while since they arrived. Alain had been doing a few battles too which he somewhat enjoyed. Ash was very happy to do battles with other trainers. 

========================== 

Cora, Alain, Mairin, Ash, Misty, and some of their Pokémon were sitting down at a table at a café, taking a break.

"It feels nice to take a break from traveling for a while." Mairin said, sipping a cup of orange soda.

"Totally." Misty took a sip of her iced tea.

"Yeah," Cora agreed, "I just hope I will have the chance to take a break before any more Pokémon trainers battle me."

"Me too. I have to admit that it was kind of fun." Alain admitted.

"Me three. I can't wait to do more battles." Ash beamed happily.

"Let your Pokémon rest first, Ash. Then you can do more battles." Cora advised.

"I wonder why so many trainers are battling here today." Mairin pondered.

"Hey, guys! I've solved the mystery." Tracey walked over to the gang.

"What mystery?" Misty asked.

"The mystery of why everybody we meet here wants to battle. The answer's right in this flyer." Tracey held up a flyer in his hand.

"What does it say?" Cora asked.

"Attention trainers, Pokémon lecture and battle demonstration by the one and only, Prima." Tracey read out loud.

"Really? Prima?" Cora asked, "a Kanto Elite Four member is here on this island?"

Tracey sat down, "I hear she has a house on the island and trains here in the off season. Once a week she shows off her different battling techniques."

"Wow, it would be cool to see them." Cora commented.

"I never dreamed I'd get the chance to meet Prima in person!" Misty squealed.

"Sounds like you're a really big Prima fan, Misty. And you also sound like you're an admirer." Tracey stated.

Misty's eyes had stars in them, "I am! She is the very best and uses Water-type Pokémon as well. Prima is my idol and hero." She declared.

"Hero am I?" said a voice behind Misty.

When Misty turned round, to see where the voice came from, she was surprised to see that the owner of the voice was Lorelei Kanna, one of the Elite Four who specializes in Ice-Type Pokémon. She was a young beautiful woman, with long purple-red hair that was in a low ponytail, tied with a Pokéball hair tie and green eyes that was behind a pair of glasses, she wore red top with a dark blue business jacket, black skirt with black heels.

"P-P-Prima." Misty stuttered out.

"Misty, breathe and calm down." Cora advised.

Misty did just that, "It's an honor to meet you Lorelei. My name is Misty Waterflower, I'm a Water Pokémon Trainer and the Gym Leader of Cerulean City." She introduced herself.

Lorelei greeted Misty back and then turned to look at the ocean. Tracey was about to talk to Lorelei, when she shushed him.

"The ocean is so beautiful," she said, "the gentle wind blows like it's speaking, and you can feel the salty air on your face. The blue sky and ocean make's this spot the most beautiful place in the world." From the way how Lorelei spoke, Cora can tell that Lorelei really liked nature. After listening to her speaking, Cora walked up to her.

"Excuse me Lorelei," she said, "my name is Cora Joy. And I would like to battle you please."

Misty, Ash, Alain, Mairin, and Tracey were surprised with what Cora said.

"You see I have watched the Elite Four members like you battle on TV before. So I would like to have a chance to battle you and see what it feels like to battle an Elite Four member. So please say yes." Cora pleaded.

"Espe! (Please say yes!)" Kilala said.

Lorelei smiled. "I accept your challenge, Cora. Is one on one, okay?"

"Of course." Cora replied.

=========================

Lorelei and Cora got to a clearing, so not to break or knock over anything while they battled. Misty, Ash, Alain, Mairin, and Tracey watched from the side-lines. Alain had Cora's phone to record her battle against Lorelei. Cora picked Sypro the Gengar, while Lorelei picked Slowbro.

'I better not underestimate this Pokémon,' Cora thought, 'I've seen her Slowbro on TV before and it's a real fighter.'

"Slowbro, use Ice Beam!" Lorelei ordered.

"Sypro, Protect!" Cora countered.

The hermit crab Pokémon fired an Ice Beam towards the Ghost Pokémon who projected a green barrier in front of himself, protecting him from the ice attack.

"Okay Sypro, use Agility and then Venoshock." Cora ordered.

Sypro disappeared and then reappeared in front of Slowbro and quickly shot a stream of purple, poisonous liquid towards Slowbro. The effects were instant. Slowbro started to look sick.

"Slowbro!" Lorelei cried out.

"Thunder Shadow Punch." Cora ordered.

Electricity gathered in Sypro's left fist and purple sparks travel up his right arm and appeared around his fist. Sypro sent the black fist with purple static electricity around it towards Slowbro who cried out in pain and then Sypro appeared in front of Slowbro and slammed its electric attack into Slowbro's stomach which sent Slowbro sliding back. It was somehow still able to stand as it breathed heavily.

"Slowbro, are you okay?" Lorelei asked, worried.

Slowbro weakly nodded, "Slo-Slow Slowbro."

"Great. Now Heal Pulse and then Hyper Beam." Lorelei ordered.

Slowbro had a pink glow outline around itself and it was half heal, "Slooowwww..." Slowbro began to charge up and a orange energy orb appeared in its mouth.

"Quick use Double Shadow Ball!" Cora called out.

Sypro created copies of himself, and each formed a dark purple ball of energy appeared between Sypro's hands and shot them towards Slowbro before it could launch its attack caused it to backfire on itself. That caused smoke to erupt around Slowbro. Both trainers used their arms to cover their eyes to protect them from the smoke. When the smoke disappeared, Slowbro was still standing, but then it fell to its side with swirls in his eyes.

Cora had won the battle.

"Slowbro!" Lorelei called out and ran over to its side and held it in her arms, "Slowbro."

Slowbro opened one of its eyes and smiled a little. Lorelei smiled back, "You did good. Take a rest, okay?" She returned Slowbro to its Pokéball.

"No way! Cora just beat Lorelei?!" Misty exclaimed.

"That's one strong Gengar." Tracey stated, impressed.

"Yeah. I never expected that Cora had such a strong one." Ash commented.

"Well from what I heard is that Slowbro is one of Lorelei's toughest Pokémon," Alain said, "So it's a surprise that it lost to Sypro."

"Well Sypro has trained a lot of the time." Mairin commented.

"Great job, Sypro." Cora petted Sypro's head.

"Gengar. (Thanks, Cora.)" Sypro smiled.

Lorelei walked up to Cora and Sypro.

"You're a good Pokémon trainer, Cora. I could tell in our battle that you have a good relationship with your Pokémon. And your heart and Sypro's heart were connected in a way. As long as your relationship with all your Pokémon is strong, I know that you will become a strong trainer in the future." Lorelei complimented as she held her hand out to Cora.

Cora smiled and held onto Lorelei's hand, shaking her hand, "Thank you, Lorelei."

Once they let go, Lorelei noticed another hand that was held out to her. She turned to who it belonged to and saw that it was Sypro's.

"Gengar Gen Gengar Gen! (I had a great time battling Slowbro!)" Sypro said.

"He said that he had a great time battling your Slowbro, Lorelei." Cora translated.

Lorelei smiled and accepted Sypro's hand, "I enjoyed battling you too, Sypro."

Sypro smiled happily with pink cheeks.

=========================

As the sun was setting, it was time for the gang to leave Mandarin Island. Lorelei was there to see them off.

"Thanks Lorelei for the battle again and hope we see you again as well." Cora thanked Lorelei.

Lorelei nodded, "Same here and next time I want a rematch." She declared.

Cora smiled.

"I want to have a match with you too someday, Lorelei." Ash declared.

"I look forward to it." Lorelei said, smiling.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Prima." Misty said.

Lorelei smiled, "Goodbye."

"Bye, bye!" Everyone waved, as they walked along the road.

====================

After an amazing battle between Lorelei also known as Prima of the Elite Four who specializes in Ice-type Pokémon and Cora, who came victorious, it was time for Cora and her friends to head off towards their next adventure.

=================

Pokémon Obtained:

Cora: Crystal Onix (Chrystal)(F), Zamazenta (Galahad)(M), Shiny Zacian (Athena)(F), Shiny Latias (Serenity)(F)

Alain: Shiny Latios (M)

Mairin: Panpour (Kendra)(F)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.1K 46
Let's just get to the point. You go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto region. (Ps. This is a rewrite of my old Pokemon story. I wasn't really happy...
11.1K 196 49
Join Mew and her friends as they now travel to the Orange Island to compete in the Orange League. They meet new friends gain new Pokemon, battle agai...
4.3K 72 18
As After indigo league ash has started his journey to orange league and win their championship we will see what will happen and what new journey woul...
77.3K 1.7K 23
(Still don't own Pokemon.)Sequel to Pokemon Indigo League(Alternate from the canon)(I thought the name change to Gold and Silver sounds cooler) Ash...