Midnight Lovers:|:

By CzenniesDimpleBoy

Yoon Seri is a mere 22 year old SNU student who's life is hella chaotic and now, she makes it her focus to fi... More

Prolouge 🌙
Characters
Characters 🌌
01•
02•
03•
05•
06•
07•
08•
09•
10•
11•
12•
13•
14•
15•
16•
17•
18•
😏
19•
😮‍💨
20•
21•
><
22•
23•
24•
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1•
Bonus Chapter 2•
>•<

04•

787 9 3
By CzenniesDimpleBoy

Let's just say Seri wasn't very smart for choosing to stay up late..

"Here's your coffee.." Haerim spoke, handing the large cup of iced americano towards her friend Seri who was sitting right beside her.

Seri sat, her chin resting on the palms of her hand as her eyes we're barely even open.

"Yah, see that's what you get for staying up late for that stupid essay." Junseo scoffed, looking at Seri who was literrally about to pass out due to tiredness.

"Noo, it's not stupid." Seri looked up.

"It's my essay about Mark Lee." She replied, denying everything he said.

"Oh, so are you saying it's okay since it's about Mark Lee? Wow, I can't even with your dumb excuses." He scoffed

"Wow, don't be rude." Hyorin said to him.

"Exactly, at least she's almost done with her essay. Not like you who hasn't even started his yet." Hyunjae bit back.

Junseo scoffed, ignoring her comment..."

Seri turned to face Hyunjae, a thankful smile on her face as she looked up at her friend.
"I owe you lunch, thanks for saving ne." She said and Hyunjae chuckled.

"As you should." She said, giggling slightly at Seri's words.

"Alright everyone...please be seated!" Ms. Seo came in the classroom and yelled making all students look up.

They all came back to their seats and waited while the teacher got her stuff ready for the class.

"So as you know, your last semester project is to write an essay about one person you would want to have dinner with." She paused, looking down at the paper below her.

"I forgot to tell you guys that this 5 page paper will be not be due until April. Me and the other english professors are quite busy and we also want you guys to take your time and write the best college essay you have ever written."

All the students we're happy after knowing that their 5 page essay wasn't due until 3 months later.
At least they wouldn't need to be stressed about writting the essay to quickly.

"This doesn't mean you won't be working on your essay, this means that we want you think about it more." She said again.

"Now with that being said, you guys are dismissed to do whatever you want..." She smiled.

Seri immidiately looked up at Hyunjae, Hyorin and Haerim as they made their way towards her figure.

"Thank god this thing isn't due until april, I really need a break from writting." Haerim sighed.

"Not if you're Seri, she literally finished her entire essay last night." Haerim teased as Seri let out a giggle.

"Ooo, it's the Mark Lee effect going on again..." Hyorin added.

"Yup, happens all the time." Junseo rolled his eyes. He was standing right infront of the them with his arms crossed.

"Aish, let's just talk about this later when we're at the cafe." Seri smiled, standig up and grabbing her backpack.

"Yup, I bet nobody else has to know your a Mark Lee stan.." Junseo laughed.

"True, now let's go before we're late!" Haerim called out and the group left their class together, now on their way to the cafe.

The short walk to the cafe ended as they came inside and got ready.

"Alright, all of you except Seri will be working in the back." The manager spoke.
"We're short staffed over there so I really need to switch your jobs."

"Wait what? Why am I staying here? Mr. Kim you know I dislike socializing with customers." Seri begged but Mr. Kim just looked at her.

"Look Seri, if you keep avoiding the task then you won't learn. Just do your best and be nice to the customers okay?" He said walking away but Seri stopped him.

"But Mr. Kim-" Seri started.

"No buts Seri, you have to learn for yourselft." He said looking at her before proceeding to walk away.

Her friends eyed her sadly, seeing her with a frown on her face.

"It's okay, you can do it." Hyorin patted her shoulders to reassure her.

Seri sighed heavily. The one thing that she dreaded doing was the task given to her. Why could they just not understand?

"C'mon Seri, just try being more nice to them." Junseo said.

"I am nice, it's just that they can be so annoying sometimes." She scoffed.

"It's fine girl, we know you can do it.." Haerim said to her as Seri looked behind ti face them all.

"Can I really though? What if I just mess uo so badly?"

"Oh come on, you can't mess up just by talking to your customers." Hyunjae said, passing a reassuring grin.

"Of course you can, Seri. Just keep yourself together and don't stress about it too much." Hyorin gave her a final pat on the back before they left her.

Seri sighed as she was left alone.
Her eyes wandered around as she took a deep breath in.

"Why am I even making a big deal out of this? I can do my job."

And so she did....

-

It was past midninght and Seri was slumped in her seat behind the counter, not caring at all since nobody hardly entered.

She sat there all alone while her friends were in the back room taking a short break.

A small yawn escaped her lips as she tightly squeezed her eyes shut, her body freezing in the cold air circulating in the cafe.

To be honest, it was incredibly boring as she sat there. She had her eyes on the clock the entire time, watching as each hand moved.

Tick...tock..tick..tock..

The thick, silent air was then Interrupted by the door opening.

Seri instantly stood up on her chair, spotting a hurried figure walking inside the cafe, hands inside the pocket of his dark black hoodie. She then saw a glimse of his blonde hair peeking from under his hoodie.

Seri remained seated, her eyes fixed ok his figure as he didn't move a single hair.

"Shit." She heard him curse.
At this point she began feeling worried for the man.

What if he was in danger and desparetely needed her help?

Or was he a bad guy trying to take her or maybe worse, was he trying to take the money.

Suddenly, she head a group of loud voices. It definetely didn't come from inside the cafe so she assumed it was from outside.

Surprisingly, they we're loud enough for her to hear from all the way inside.

"Where is he?"
"I need a picture!"
"Are you sure this is okay?"
"Just go look!"
"Shit, we lost him!"

The chatter from the group outside made Seri curious as she was trying to figure out why or who the anxious person standing infront of her was.

Suddenly, he moved.
His hands slowly releasing from his hoddie pocket as he looked up to face Seri.

That's when she saw a clear view of his face.

She already was in a state of shock but after seeing his face, he world paused.

Her hands we're shaking as she kept her eyes in him.

"Oh my god-"
Seri was left shocked.

"Mark Lee?" She said as her breath hitched.

"Look, I'm sorry Miss but I really need to hide.." he said. He seem nervous and she could see that he was clearly terrified of those girls.

"Hide?" She asked briefly, still confused about what was happening.

He looked at her and nodded. He seemed to become more and more impatient as he waited for Seri's response.

She looked at him.
Setting her excitement aside, Seri glanced at the door sighing in relief after realizing that the group of girls we're gone.

"They're gone, come here." She said, walking him towards the door to the locker room.

As she was walking towards the back room, she could feel her body shaking.

Was that really Mark Lee?

She couldn't believe it either.

The one and only Mark Lee was there..

Standing behind her...

"Junseo shut the fuck up!" Hyorin's high pitched yell was the first thing they heard when they approached the door.

She pushed the door open, standing in between as she waited anxiously.

"Guys, umm, I have an emergency.." Seri announced as their attention quickly went to her.

"Yeah?" Hyorin asked her.

"What is it? Seems like your hiding something." Haerim eyed her.

Seri sighed.
"Well, um , we have a surprise guest." Seri sighed.

"Guest? What do you mean?" Junseo questioned, eyeing the others behind him who were also very confused.

Seri sighed, taking a deep breath in before steppping aside to reveal him standing behind her.

"Uhm Hi, I'm Mark.."

Surpriseee!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.7K 26
Min Eunhye, famous for her nickname 'ice princess' among the SM trainees. She has the habit of staying late to practice in the only training room tha...
1M 63.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
296K 9.8K 85
who knew meeting an idol at a fansign could completely change your life? ↬ nct idol au ↬ social media/text au ↬ romance with a hint of drama ⁣ "an...
82.1K 1.6K 42
✧ getting dragged by an idol into the men's restroom isn't the most ideal way to meet someone famous, yet that's how it happened. ...