Wingless

By Lovewriting143

Sky is a nineteen year old boy with a problem. His wings. Giant purple wings that make his life miserable. He... More

Chapter one, the beginning
Chapter two, the plan
Chapter three, the meeting
Chapter four, Prapai
Chapter five, "let the chase begin"
Chapter six, the chase continues
Chapter seven, Payu and Rain
Chapter eight, sick
Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"
Chapter ten, the dream
Chapter eleven, the lullaby
Chapter twelve, unsure
Chapter fourteen, getting to know him
Chapter fifteen, his childhood
Chapter sixteen, love you (PayuRain)
Chapter seventeen, I think I like him
Chapter 17 1/2, kisses and love
Chapter eighteen, a date
Chapter nineteen, "And so we meet again"
Chapter 20, is it over?
Chapter 21, strange things
Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.
Extra Chapter
New story?

Chapter thirteen, the flight

1.5K 64 10
By Lovewriting143

Sky looked around for people that might see him. Spotting none, he made his wings appear and stretched them out. Standing on the railing of the balcony, he looked back, and then threw himself into the night, in one, powerful push.

——————

Immediately, the air caught him, in its huge, welcoming arms. He swayed a little, but then, flapped his wings, once, twice, three times, four, and the push against the air was so strong, Sky was already soaring above his apartment building.

The night air was cold, but the sensation on his skin felt great. Flapping a few more times, he twirled in the air, and propelled himself even faster and higher.

Sky could see the city lights growing smaller and smaller below him as he slowly rose in the air. It was magical, really. The wind rushing through his feathers in powerful bursts, the clouds in small white tufts on either side of him. The shining stars twinkling above him, so close yet so far at the same time. Sky had  expertly maneuvered through the wind, tilting his body at just the right time, so that the passing gust of it caught him and carried him even further forward.

The darker colored parts of Sky's wings seemed to blend in with the night sky above him. He smiled to himself, gliding in the swish and swoosh of the air.

It was ironical - actually - because Sky knew he belonged with the sky.

When Sky was flying, it was as if all his worries and troubles were swept away by the passing wind. Any thoughts or ideas seemed dim, and all Sky could think of was how amazing this was. The howling wind rushing past his ears, the tug of his feathers on the air. The occasional cloud that brushed past him, and the stars. The stars were the best part about flying.

Sky was surrounded by millions, maybe even trillions of tiny shinning dots, that seemed to change color and sing, if you looked and listened hard enough. The melody in the air was - there was no other word for it - magnificent. They seemed to call to Sky, to say "join us" and "you belong with us" pulling him in, transfixing him, so all Sky could do was stare and want to go up higher, higher, higher, and to sink into those beautiful night depths.

The moon as well. It called him. As weird as it sounds, it did. The stunning ball of gold was whispering something to him he knew only he could hear, and yet, somehow, he wasn't able to. No matter how hard he strained or how far he flew, he wasn't close enough.

This did not concern him however, when he flew, all he could think about was how wonderful it felt.

Sky found himself swooping, soaring, diving, and felt utter and total happiness. This was his world. This was his night. These were his wings. And for a second, he thought he might finally accept them, after all these years.

He always thought that. But he knew the truth. He wasn't ashamed of it for once however. This is what flying did to him. Everything was better. The problem with Prapai seemed solvable, and all his scars and bruises seemed miniature now, compared to the size of the world below him.

Then, Sky felt something he didn't feel even when flying before.

He could see everything. He could hear everything. He was everything. He felt he could do anything. He felt like the world was here, in the palm of his hand. Like he actually mattered. Like he did, like he had power. Lots of power. Power that could change everything.

——————

Sadly, the feeling vanished as Sky remembered Gun and what happened with him.

Sky still felt great but, he knew he needed to think logically. So, Sky focused on the main reason the went flying anyway. Sky glanced down at the thousands of tiny houses below him and found that he could easily distinguish were his dorm was, even without having to properly look. It was a bird thing, he figured.

There, back in his condo, Prapai was probably peacefully sleeping, not bothered by how much Sky had on his mind.

Sky finally admitted to himself, no matter how hard it was, even when flying, that he slowly developed feelings toward the older male. Yes, they only knew each other for a short time, but there was something pulling him toward Prapai that he couldn't understand. He thought it might be a bird thing, but when he glanced at his outstretched wings, he wondered

"What bird would have these sensations?"

To say the truth, there was no bird Sky knew that had purple and blue wings, so.....what was he?......no, who, was he........? Sky didn't know the answer to this question. He was an orphan, and struggled a lot in life even before he met Gun. Sky didn't have any family, and didn't know anything about his parents. The orphanage caretaker just said that they found Sky on the roof of their building, with Sky's name written in purple ink on his hand. Sky didn't know what or who he was, but he wanted answers.

"For now though," he thought to himself "focus on the more urgent matters."

With that, his mind traveled back to the handsome male in his condo. Prapai had seemed sincere when talking to Sky, and Sky really wanted to believe his words.

For the first time in years, he actually wanted another relationship. He knew it was dangerous, he knew it was foolish. But he wanted it, nevertheless.

If you do get together with Prapai, you don't have to tell him what you are, right?

Sky wondered. Sky wanted to trust Pai. He wanted to know for sure that he actually liked Sky, and was not playing. Sky now thought it less likely, but he still didn't have enough confirmation that Prapai was sincere. Yes, the other had said a lot of goddamn good things about Sky that Sky never thought anyone would say about him, but still. Sky also had to get to know Prapai as a person. Not that he was interested. No. But...it...would be nice....

Sky would've stayed longer, but he started feeling weaker and weaker. Don't get Sky wrong. He was still strong, but he wasn't yet fully healed, and Sky was afraid that he would get even more sick. So, he needed to get back to his apartment.

Making a giant swoop with his wings, he flew up higher, and then, making sure he was somewhere over his condo, folded his wings and fell.

The wind swooping past him was the only thing he could hear. Any other sound was drowned in the howling air. He fell fast, and caught himself just at the right second, flinging his wings out to the sides right before he reached the building level.

Then, Sky slowly descended while looking around, making sure not a single soul saw him.

When Sky was just a story higher than his condo, he folded his wings again, and thumped onto the balcony floor. He sat there, whispering "vanish" to his wings, and waiting for the pain of the crash to subside. Sky had done this many times so he knew how to land so that he wouldn't break anything, but that still didn't fully remove the impact of the fall from three-four meters off the ground.

It's only when Sky staggered up did he realized that he just landed in trouble. Dipsh*t actually. Prapai was standing by the doorway, watching Sky.

Sky almost swore.

"I- uhhh...."

He did not know how to react to this situation.

Prapai saw him flying with his wings, so Sky's mind was jumping around frantically, as well as thinking of the worst possible outcomes.

One for instance was that Prapai will kill him with his bare hands there and then.

Sky swayed backward.

Just when he thought Prapai might actually feel something for him, he had to reveal himself and make Pai hate him.

Just when his mind made another possible vision of Prapai advancing on him and choking him to death, Sky wanted to stop this right away. He did not want more pain.

Better escape before it's too late!

His mind raced, and he was about to make his wings appear again when Prapai spoke.

"What are you doing out here?!" He demanded, not quite angry, but there was a hint of crossness in his voice.

Wait - what?

Seeing Sky's stunned expression, Prapai continued

"It's cold Sky! I know you have a sweater, but heck! Get inside before you get more sick!"

That's when it hit Sky. Prapai did not know. Oooooh....

A giant weight Sky didn't realize was there vanished from his chest, and he signed.

Pai came over quietly, and whispered

"I'm not going to ask what you are doing here at 3 in the morning, but please come inside...I was worried when I didn't find you in bed. I thought you had another nightmare and-"

"I'm not weak." Sky stated simply.

"Of course not. That's not what I meant." Prapai replied, and pulled Sky into a hug.

Sky was so surprised he didn't react, as usual, but then he found the aura of the other overflowing and overriding his logic. He hugged back...

He hugged Prapai back!

Pai was even more stunned. True, Sky simply put an arm around him, but that's Sky we are talking about! Sky the unconquerable! And he hugged Prapai back! ...Sometimes Prapai was so surprised by the other's actions. Sky was unreadable. He full-on amazed Prapai.

"My jaw dropped, lemme pick it up..." Pai whispered with a smile.

Sky immediately let go and internally scolded himself.

The aura of the man should not provoke you to do such stupid things, Sky!

Yea. The aura was to blame. Definitely.

——————

"Common, let's get you inside." Pai said with a chuckle at Sky's reaction.

He was so adorable sometimes, with that tiny hint of a blush on his face.

Prapai wanted to make Sky so flustered he would groan in embarrassment.

Stop right there!

His other thoughts commented.

Help him, don't make him embarrassed!

But Prapai couldn't stop himself from loving that blush.

Cutie!

He thought as he looked at Sky, who was biting his bottom lip as Pai led him into the apartment.

Oh what he could do with those lips...

FOCUS!

He almost yelled at himself, and shook his head.

Sky looked at him questioningly, but Prapai just smiled in response.

Pai pulled Sky into a half hug, because, who wouldn't want to hug a little baby Sky?

Yea, it's not only you...lots of other people would also take as much interest in him as you do....right?

Pai tried to reassure himself.

Unfortunately to Prapai, Sky didn't hug back this time, but Pai guessed he had enough elephants in his stomach from when Sky did hug back a few moments ago.

Prapai was still taking it all in. He couldn't believe Sky actually did it.

They reached the room where he and Sky slept earlier, and Prapai pushed the other down on the bed, in one, gentle, shove.

Dirty thoughts out!

Prapai thought frantically, and managed to restrain himself.
Thankfully.

Sky got under the blankets for who knows what time that day, and Prapai leaned over him, checking his temperature with the back of his hand.

F*ck!

He was burning hot.

In all ways...

A part of his mind whispered. He ignored it, and told Sky

"You have a fever, stupid boy, and you were out in cold air? Let me get you some medicine."

He stood up again, not caring that all he wanted to go was fall on the bed and sleep. Even better,  fall on the bed and cuddle the person on it to death...

Ignoring these thoughts as well, he walked into the bathroom.

——————

Sky didn't want Prapai to leave, but he knew that if he didn't get the meds soon, he would feel even worse.

Sky sank into the bed, only now registering how exhausted he was from the flight. His back muscles near the shoulder blades hurt so fluffing much! Somehow, when Prapai was there, Sky didn't really realize how much everything hurt, or how tired he was. Actually, Sky was not sure it was that. It was as if being close to Prapai took away all the hurt and tiredness.

Is that possible?

Sky's thoughts were interrupted by Prapai coming back into the room.

It was dark, so Sky could see well, but not well enough, so he didn't know what other than the meds Pai had found.

Turning on the light switch, Sky saw Prapai in the door frame once again. And once again, he was thrown into panic, because then he saw what Prapai was holding.

"What is this, Sky?" He asked, looking more curious than suspicious, but Sky's heart still went fifty miles an hour.

In Prapai's outstretched hand, lay a single, large, purple feather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update faster than expected, but here it is!

Word count: 2200

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 505 20
rain is a fledgling and meets a man named Phayu that helps him learn about the vampiric world. will love start to blossom? read and find out :)
109K 4.3K 17
Can a house be ever a home when the foundation and inspiration behind it no longer exists? Five years ago, P'Payu has gone missing. Rain, in an attem...
84.1K 2K 34
πŸ”žπŸ”žMarried life of PaiXSky and the story of Unexpected people and Unfinished Business. (Warning ‼️ THIS IS NOT ALL FLUFF, THE BOOK COVER IS JUST DEC...
22K 815 15
A fanfiction of PrapaiSky from Love In The Air the series. This story is made on my own imagination. I hope you will like it β™‘ [Completed] ✺ Sky lost...