Wingless

By Lovewriting143

Sky is a nineteen year old boy with a problem. His wings. Giant purple wings that make his life miserable. He... More

Chapter one, the beginning
Chapter two, the plan
Chapter three, the meeting
Chapter four, Prapai
Chapter five, "let the chase begin"
Chapter six, the chase continues
Chapter seven, Payu and Rain
Chapter eight, sick
Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"
Chapter ten, the dream
Chapter twelve, unsure
Chapter thirteen, the flight
Chapter fourteen, getting to know him
Chapter fifteen, his childhood
Chapter sixteen, love you (PayuRain)
Chapter seventeen, I think I like him
Chapter 17 1/2, kisses and love
Chapter eighteen, a date
Chapter nineteen, "And so we meet again"
Chapter 20, is it over?
Chapter 21, strange things
Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.
Extra Chapter
New story?

Chapter eleven, the lullaby

1.5K 68 9
By Lovewriting143

The blood trickled down Sky's chest, and slowly pooled on the floor. He was steadily loosing consciousness but watched as Gun laughed and squatted down beside him. Gun's grin stretched even wider as he saw how much blood Sky has lost.

"So, monster, ready to die?" Guns words rung in Sky's dream, as well as his memory.

Though, in his memory, he had less black spots in his vision, and he remembered less physical pain. In his memory, he was still able to stand up as Gun pulled the knife closer. He was able to run to the balcony and fling himself over the barrier, into the night. Now, however, he had lost too much blood. Way too much blood. He could barely move his body, so Sky could only weakly whine in protest as Gun raised the knife handle even higher.

Sky closed his eyes together and groaned as Gun slid the cold metal over his left wing. Slowly, agonizingly, so more blood collected on the floor. Sky groaned again, trying to thrash as Gun held him down.

"Help!" Sky tried to scream, but only small pained mutters came out.

Gun raised his weapon again, this time over Sky's head, and Sky couldn't do anything. He was helpless. He was hurt everywhere. He was beat, he was cut, he was powerless. And he felt like he deserved some of it. But as the shock and panic and howling pain started collecting, and the tears in Sky's eyes fell harder than ever, he wanted it to stop. To end. He wanted Gun out of his life like he had never wanted someone out before. He hated Gun, and he hated himself and his wings.

Someone, please end this. Either let me die, or..... - Just don't let me suffer.

Sky thought as he closed his eyes shut.

And then, something happened. This was definitely not part of Sky's memory and he knew it, because the touch was gentle, yet insistent.

Gun had kissed him.

What? Gun would never. He had just abused Sky, and hurt him so much, and now he kissed him? This was so confusing. Sky couldn't understand. He stilled and stoped struggling. He must be hallucinating since, once again, Gun would never kiss Sky knowing what he was.

Then, as Sky started to black out because of blood loss, he realized this kiss was different. This was not only gentle, in a way, it also held a different aura and feeling to it. A feeling of fullness and belonging. As well as a feeling of health, and Sky's scars stopped throbbing for a second. Sky had felt it before, he was sure, just not with Gun. He still didn't move, too confused to understand anything, but didn't stop Gun either.

Or was it really Gun?

Sky carefully opened his eyes, and realized he was back in his dorm, not Gun's house. And the person who had just let go of his lips, was Prapai.

Sky stared at him, astonished. He knew the kiss had woken him up, but how could Prapai do some like this to his heart? It was already battered and lonely, and Prapai was a playboy who faked caring.

But what if he actually does care?

A part of Sky's mind whispered.

What if he actually cares?

Don't be silly, Sky. Did you see Pai? He's rich and unloyal, and will break your heart the moment he gets it.

But Sky realized he wanted to believe it's not true. He wanted someone to love him for who he was.

Who he really was....

That's impossible. Even if Pai did actually love him, he wouldn't after he found out what type of winged monster Sky was.

Why me?

Sky thought, as he stared Prapai in the eyes, his own still wet from tears.

Why do I have these darn wings that keep me from being happy?

And why, why? Why did you choose me?

Sky knew he would never have the courage to ask Pai that, but he still wanted to know.

Prapai cleared his throat. "Khm, I - Are you okay?"

Sky was surprised to find genuine concern in the other's voice.

"Yea..." Sky mumbled, turning his head away. He didn't know what to think, he didn't know what to feel. He just thought of the way being close to Prapai made him feel better. He just realized that. Though, now that he thought of it, it was true. Sky didn't want it to be true, but yet, it was.

Prapai stood up from Sky's bed, but before he could go anywhere, Sky grabbed his arm.

Sh*t!

Why did Sky do that? Yes, Pai's presence was comforting, but why did he do that???

Aaah! It's to late to back out now.

"Don't leave..." Sky whispered, and blamed what he said on the dream and the temperature.

A hint of a smile crept on Prapai's face, and he sat back down again. After a moment's hesitation, he lay Sky back down on the bed, and tucked him under the covers.

Sky felt himself slowly get more and more drowsy, either from temperature and illness, or from his lack of sleep.

Sky closed his eyes once again, and surprised by even himself, did not push Prapai away as he lay down beside Sky and put an arm around him.

It was strangely comforting, and so for just this once, Sky let Prapai tug him closer. Sky felt like he was healing. Impossible, right? Especially when Sky seriously did not want this. Yet he still felt so much better in Pai's arms.

They fell asleep like that, Pai's arm around Sky, and Sky breathing in the sweet aura of the other.

——————

They did not stir, they simply slept, and both got up only once during the night. Not from nightmares, but from Sky's illness and the throbbing of his back muscles.

Though, this time, as Sky went into the bathroom, Prapai did not ask questions, and let Sky do whatever he was doing.

When Sky returned, Pai carefully changed his clothes, with only little protest from Sky. Then, he put Sky in the his bed once more. Prapai couldn't help but smile.

Sky was so damn adorable when he was sick and couldn't protest or roll his eyes at almost everything Prapai said. Also, Prapai was happy to know that even little by little, Sky seemed to be opening up. Well, yea, those steps were not even baby steps - smaller, but still. Sky had actually admitted to weakness - In some way, because he let Pai see his tears.

Pai really wanted Sky to open up more, and he knew a few good ways to do that. True - most flirtatious or sweat comments didn't have any effect (visibly) on Sky, but Prapai was an expert at his work.

He hoped this would help the younger man. In the bottom of his heart, he really cared for Sky, even not knowing properly why. He just did. And the kiss he had earlier made him want to care even more. He cared, and he wanted the pained boy to feel better. He didn't know what was wrong with Sky, or who or what hunted his dreams, but Prapai was willing to play bodyguard.

As Prapai covered the other male with covers for the third time that day, he settled in the headspace beside Sky.

"Sky krup..." Prapai said

The other remained silent, but moved his sleepy eyes to Pai's.

Oh god Prapai loved those eyes....

"Do you want a lullaby?" Pai whispered

When Sky slowly raised his eyebrows as if asking "Do I look like a child to you?"

"You know, to keep the bad dreams away?" Prapai said

Sky turned slightly red and averted his gaze.

Prapai could understand the other was embarrassed, but he also knew that lullabies did help, sometimes at least. Prapai had never seen dreams as bad as Sky's, so he was determined to make sure the other's sleep was free.

Sky slid lower under the blankets and didn't answer.

At least he didn't say no.

A minute passed, and Sky still hadn't answered.

"Fine!" Pai whisper-shouted.

"I'll do it anyway!"

Sky huffed, but nodded, snuggling into the warm sheets.

Prapai tugged Sky even closer, and -still to Prapai's astonishment- Sky didn't protest. He didn't react to the hug either, but then, slowly, very, very slowly, shrank into it.

With an arm around Sky, Prapai turned of the lights in the room, and began his slow, light, comforting tune.

*******

When the night has come,
And the land is dark,
And the moon is the only light we'll see,
No, I won't be afraid,
I won't be afraid,
Just as long,
As long as you stand,
Stand by me.
So darling,
Darling,
Stand by me,
Stand by me,
Oh stand by me.

So please stay,
Don't let go of my hand.
Tonight is our night,
Tonight is the time we conquer the land,
We were too afraid to take before.
Tonight is the night of truth,
And of fairness,
And love,
Just as long as you stand by me.
Stand by me.

Don't let go,
Forget all that happened before,
And look ahead in the future we were long ought to take,
Please, please,
Stand by my side,
Or my heart will break.
Stand by my side,
And never let go,
Do not run, do not leave, do not flea,
And you'll have all the love you deserve.
Just one request I have to make:
Stand by me.

If the sky that we look upon,
Should crumble and fall,
Or the mountains should crumble to sea,
I won't cry,
I won't shed a tear,
Just as long as you stand,
Stand by me.

******

And with that, Sky fell into sleep. A sleep that, was for the first time in a while, dreamless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Please take note that the song above is partly written by me, so I apologize if some lines do not work as well as the others)

Chapter 11!

Hiiii my fellow authors and readers, I reached 1K views! Thank you so much everyone! I really have no words good enough to say how much this means to me. Yes, for some it is not a lot, but for me it's really a miracle. Thank you for making it happen.

I would really appreciate any comments on the story for making it better. I also know that some people must be very impatient with the part when Sky reveals his secret, or when Sky and Prapai finally do get together, but no need to worry! I don't like giving spoilers, but at max six more chapters and we will get to see Prapaisky together!

Word count: 1765

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 543 20
rain is a fledgling and meets a man named Phayu that helps him learn about the vampiric world. will love start to blossom? read and find out :)
110K 4.3K 17
Can a house be ever a home when the foundation and inspiration behind it no longer exists? Five years ago, P'Payu has gone missing. Rain, in an attem...
16.2K 456 11
Published: 01-28-2024 Short story Fanfiction
10.9K 773 27
Couples name :- Main couple "Netjames" Side couple "Phayurain" "Prapaisky" NETJAMES :- James is son of lian and kuea he have t...