off limits ☼ jj maybank x rea...

By 1-800-spaghetti

John B catches JJ eyeing you, "She's off limits, dude." he warns him. JJ holds his hands up, "Understood, cap... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44

8

6.8K 114 104
By 1-800-spaghetti

"What lane is that?"
"Friend zone - lane."

—————

You sit beside JJ as he practises his aim with the gun, using an old teddy bear. You watch him as he does this, both of you hearing protective head gear, his aim was pretty good.

He turns to you, gesturing the gun. You look at it, then shrug taking it off him. You stand in position and aim towards the bear, shooting and knocking it off the tree stump.

You turn to JJ putting your arms up in shock, and he wear the same expression, "Did you see that?" You shout, he smiles proudly congratulating you before taking the gun back.

"Guys! JJ!" Pope says swiftly walking round the corner to get to you guys, "What's up man?" JJ asks looking over at his friend,

"They know." Pope says sternly, "Alright chill, bro. All right? They don't know shit." JJ says

"Topper knows i sunk his boat." Pope says, he sounds panicked as he talks

"How? How do you know they know?" You ask, Pope walks around running his hands over his face, "Because, Rafe and Topper posted outside Heyward's and mad dogged me."

"Will you just calm down and get a grip man? They don't know shit."

"They have cameras. They could've seen me." Pope says pacing, "They don't give scholar ships to kids that sink boats."

"Enough of the regret bro!" JJ says sternly, standing up from where he was sitting, "They caved your face in," JJ says pointing to Pope, "And they nearly killed y/n." He says turning to you, "They hit us. We hit them. It's the law of the jungle."

"Now if any of these kooks accused you of anything, what do you do?" JJ asks, resting his palm on Pope's shoulder,

"Deny the living shit out of it." Pope says, "That's right. Deny, deny, deny." JJ says before tapping his hand against his neck.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie says as you, her, Pope and JJ make your way to the green where they were showing the 'OBX summer movie series'

"Back to OBX life, right?" You say carrying the ice box with you, Pope and JJ holding some deck chairs,

"Aren't you guys glad i made you join?" Kie asks placing down a blanket for you and her, "Ecstatic." Pope says sarcastically.

You and Kie make your way to get some soft drinks, JJ only packing beers, "Uh.. can i have three pepsis please?" She asks the vender at the stall.

"Hey Kie." You hear someone call out your friends name, catching both of yours attentions, "Hey, what's up?" Rafe asks walking towards the two of you.

Kie avoids looking at him, as you send him death glares, "Nice to see you guys too." He says sarcastically, "Well, tell your boy that we know what he did." Rafe says

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asks shrugging at him, as she narrows her eyes at him, "Uh, he'll know." Rafe says making Kie walk away from.

As you're about to walk off with Kie you feel Rafe tug at your wrist pulling you towards him, "No hard feeling, yeah sweetheart?" He asks staring hard into your eyes.

"Get the fuck off me Rafe." You say pulling your arm away from him, catching up with Kie.

"What was that about?" She asks confused as she looks over at you, then back at Rafe.

"Rafe just being a douche." You say rolling your eyes. You and Kie get back to Pope and JJ, her passing Pope his Pepsi, "So, we just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote: 'Tell your boy that we know what he did.' What is that?" Kie asks

Pope looks worriedly at you and back to JJ, "Um.. Where is he?" JJ asks calmly, "Right there." Kie says turning to look where Rafe and Topper were standing, already looking you guys. JJ and Pope turn to see, making it highly obvious they were looking at them.

"Great, the whole death squad." Pope says as he still watches them, JJ pulls his head around making Pope groan in pain, "Don't stare, bro." JJ says

"What did y'all do?" Kie asks sternly, you take a sip of your beer avoiding the question, as JJ and Pope whisper amongst themselves. Kie sighs dropping the question knowing they won't answer her.

It had gotten dark as you guys were still watching the film. JJ and Pope were whispering to themselves before getting up, "Hey, where y'all going?" Kie asks them,

"We gotta wring it out." JJ says,

"You gonna hold it for each other?" Kie asks as watches them leave,

"Why are they acting so weird?" She asks you, you shrug, turning to look at Rafe and Topper, "Now you as well?." Kie groans,

"What?" You ask chuckling slightly, "Nothing." She says looking back to the screen. You look back to where Rafe is and see him get up,

"Oh shit-" You cuss, tapping Kie getting her attention, "What?" She asks turning towards you and seeing you look off somewhere. She follows your eye-line, seeing Topper, Rafe and Kelce get up and walk towards Pope and JJ.

"Not good." Kie says, you look at her, "Should we do something?" You ask, she nods swiftly getting up and you following.

The two of you run towards the back of the screen seeing Pope and JJ getting beaten up by Rafe, Topper and Kelce, "Shit." Kie shouts

"Let go of him, Topper!" Kie says hitting Topper with JJ's bag, "Fascist asshole!" Topper takes the bag throwing it away, you run towards it rummaging through the bag.

"Shit, shit, shit." You curse, heart beating fast as you look back and forth between the fights and the bag, fumbling as it wasn't opening.

Kie jumps onto Toppers back, trying to get him off of Pope, when you finally get the bag open and find what your looking for. Your hands are shaky as you hold it.

You stand up, holding the gun in your hand, walking straight over to where Rafe was beating up JJ as he was held back.

"Rafe! Get the fuck off him!" You shout, Rafe laughs with a sigh, not turning to look at you, "Yeah? What you gonna do Princess?" He asks condescendingly

You load the gun with a click, making Rafe stop punching JJ. He holds onto JJ's shirt slowly turning to look at you, as you hold the gun towards him. He laughs again, "Y/n, don't!" JJ shouts, trying to get out of Kelce's grip.

"Really? You're going to shoot me?" He asks practically laughing, "Rafe, I swear to god, I will.", you take a deep breath watching him as he puts his hands up.

"Y/n!" Kie shouts, "Put it down!" She shouts at you again, you turn to look at her quickly, and when you turn back Rafe pushes the gun out of your hand, sending it towards Kie.

"Gonna hit me again Rafe?" You ask as he approaches you, he shrugs. You gulp looking as JJ tries to fight off Kelce, as Rafe steps dangerously close to you.

As he gets close you swing your arm at him, but he dodges it and pulls you over his shoulder, you hit him repeatedly on the back before he throws you down next to Kie, standing over you as he does so.

"Y/n? You okay?" Kie asks as she makes her way towards you, you nod, groaning in pain slightly. Kie tries to push Rafe away but he shoves her back, towards JJ's bag.

You look over seeing Pope and JJ basically being strangled. Rafe stands above you, crouching down as he grabs your face pulling you up slightly, you squirm in his grip trying to push him off of you,

"To think we had history y/n/n." He says, tutting as he pushes you back down to the ground beneath you.

Kie grabs JJ's lighter, setting the movie screen on fire, "Get off of them!" She shouts, as the screen disintegrates, revealing to the crowd what's happening. Forcing Rafe, Topper and Kelce to back off.

Pope is dropped to the floor by Topper, coughing and wheezing as he tries to catch his breath. Kelce pushing JJ away from him, making him cough and wheeze too as he's let go.

"Come on, let's go." Rafe says to his friends, making them follow him as they quickly leave.

Kie makes her way over to Pope, making sure he's okay, "You good?" she asks him, helping him up. You lay on the floor, catching your breath, before sitting up and quickly grabbing the gun, putting it back into JJ's bag. JJ walks over to you and his bag, grabbing it quickly as he offers you a hand up.

"You okay?" You ask him holding onto his arm catching your breath, "Yeah— yeah all good." He says throwing his bag over his shoulder, "Don't do that again." He stated bluntly,

"Do what again exactly?" You ask confused as you ask beside him, "You know, maybe don't pull a fucking gun on that psycho Rafe Cameron." He says annoyed,

"What was i meant to do JJ? Let him beat the shit out of you?!" You ask, confused at to where his annoyance was coming from,

JJ sighs, "I just— He's got like loose wires up there and shit, man. Don't know what he'll do. He's already tried to kill you once Y/n!" JJ explains, throwing his cap back on his head,

"Don't stress about it JJ. Like you said earlier, we're fine if we've got the gun, right?" You say, he nods in defeat, "Fine."

"Plus he barely touched me. Like, i think you definitely got the worse of it." You say touching his cut lip, making him swat your hand away as he hisses in pain, "See? Should be more worried about yourself, dude." You shrug, making JJ slightly chuckle, his mood lifting, "Have to admit it was badass." JJ says referring to you holding the gun on Rafe,

"Yeah?" You chuckle, him agreeing, "Yeah it was hot." He bluntly states, making you push his arm, "Shove off JJ." you laugh, "I'm serious." He says, "Got me all hot and bothered." he admits too easily, "Stay in your lane, dude." You sigh, "What lanes that?" He asks, "Friend zone-lane" You state with a laugh making JJ groan in annoyance, before the two of you catch up to Kie and Pope.

"You good Pope?" You call to your friend, who gives you a thumbs up, "Just great!" He shouts back sarcastically.

Kie walks next to you, linking her arm with yours, "Cant believe you pulled a gun on Rafe Cameron." She says in shock, "He deserves it." You say, she nods in agreement laughing.

"He said something about, 'history'" Kie quotes, eyeing you. You clear your throat, "Did he? I didn't hear anything." You lie as the group blankly watch you, "What? Seriously guys, it's nothing. Rafe Cameron talks bullshit." You say chuckling nervously. They decide to drop it tonight.

The next day, you, Kie, JJ and Pope are in Heywards, agreeing to help his pops out again, "Hey, Pope, Someones here to see you." His dad says alerting us to the door, where deputy Shoupe walks in,

"Evening officer." Pope greets,

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." He says walking towards Pope, making Pope look back at JJ then to you.

"What?" Popes dad questions, "Hands where i can seem 'em." The deputy instructs Pope, as he walks behind him, putting him in cuffs.

Kie and Pope's dad question the deputy as he does so, you and JJ silently watch panicked. Shoupe takes Pope outside, the rest of us following.

"It wasn't him!" JJ shouts, everyone turning to him, "It was me!" JJ shouts, you stand in front of him, placing your hand to his chest, "JJ." You whisper, he pushes you off, "It was me," He repeats, "Pope and Y/n tried to talk me out of it, but i was mad cause my friends had just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit." JJ lies

Kie looks towards you, confused at the whole situation, "I cant let you take the blame for somethin' i did." JJ says now talking to Pope, "You've got too much to lose."

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope asks him, "I'm tellin' the truth. For once in my goddamn life, i'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old man's boat, too."

"What the hell?" Pope's dad asks looking at JJ.

"JJ, come on." Pope tries

"Just shut up, Pope!" JJ shouts, "Just shut up. He's a good kid. You know where i'm from. This was all me." JJ says, making Pope sigh.

"That the whole truth?" The deputy asks Pope, who pauses looking at JJ, then at you. You slowly nod at him, "Yeah, that about covers it." He says

The deputy takes the handcuffs off of Pope and places them around JJ's wrists, ushering him into the cop car. He quickly glances back at you and Kie.

Pope takes his hat off throwing it onto the group, "Shit!" He curses, his dad following him as he storms back inside.

Kie looks to you, wanting answers, "What just happened?" She asks, you sigh, "Pope sunk Topper's boat after they beat us up a few days ago." You explain,

"Is that why they jumped us at the movie night?" She asks, you nod, "And obviously they found out, and JJ just took the blame for it." You sigh

Kie sighs at the situation, "I'm gonna head back home. Do you need a lift?" She asks, making you nod.

You both say bye to Pope as you get into her car. As your driving Kie says, "Hey, so my parents are making me go go Midsummer tomorrow. Could you please come with me?" She asks, you scoff, "Me? At a kook get together?" You ask groaning, "Please." Kie drags, begging you to go. You sigh, "Fine." You reluctantly answer, her cheering in excitement, making you laugh at her.

You get to the chateau, waving goodnight to Kie as drives back to hers. You notice the light on in the living room as you make your way into your house.

"Hello? John B?" You call out as you shut the door behind you, "Nope. Just me." JJ calls as he gets up off the sofa,

"JJ?" You ask confused as you walk up to him wrapping your arms around him, "What are—" You start but notice his expression and the new bruising along his cheeks, "JJ.." You start, "It's nothing." He quickly shoves it off.

You pull him back into a hug, "What happened?" You ask him, as he reluctantly wraps his arms around your frame, "My dad.. wasn't happy about the restitution." He explains, "30k.." He says, making you pull back, "Holy shit." You gasp, "Too be a kook, hey?" You joke, "yeah." he lamely agrees.

"Is John B back?" You ask changing the subject, JJ shakes his head, "He was here, but left a while ago." He explains. You nod, "I'm guessing you want to sleep over." You state, he nods to this, you grab a few pillows and blankets arranging them on the sofa bed,

"Do you want me to stay with you?" You ask reluctantly, JJ often retreated to the chateau after a fight with his dad - wanting to be comforted by his best friend. Which often meant you'd sleep on your bedroom floor with him in your bed.

"Please?" He asks, you nod, "Better than my floor." You joke light heartedly, making JJ nod.

"Love you JJ." You say to your best friend, hugging him tightly before letting him get into the bed, "Love you too, Y/n." he says before getting comfortable in the sofa bed and shutting his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 403 44
exactly what the title says
13.8K 198 27
{sequel to princess| jj maybank} 'look, v, you can't just sit here and reminisce about him. he's gone'
4.4K 59 17
Katie Routledge never thought she would love again, but, JJ Maybank had other plans. JJ x OC S1-S3 *WILL NOT FOLLOW THE OG STORYLINE* *NO SMUT* *TW:...
312K 4.1K 40
started: 14.08.20 completed: 07.06.22 𝙚𝙪𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖 /𝙟𝙪ːˈ𝙛ɔː𝙧ɪə/ 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣: 𝙚𝙪𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙖...