My Insanity | Dream SMP x Rea...

By -chocolate-cupcake-

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." FEMALE READER đź”´there is no inti... More

Running
Welcome to the War
White Flags
Face to Face....Sorta
Rebirth
Secrets and Revelations
Kidnapped
Bad Energy
The Verge of Collapse
Duel of the Fates
The Execution
Wither
Before Its Too Late
He Knows
Back to the Overworld
The Election
Reunited Again
Decisions
The Wrong Decision
In Another Life
Edging Towards Insanity
The End of L'Manberg
Escape
New Beginnings
A Visit to Exile
Cursed
Mutual Enemies
The Egg
What if
The Beginning of Chaos
Things Are Getting Out of Hand
The Return
Crimson
A New Beginning
The Truth of Betrayal
Tommy's Manipulation
Technoblade's Execution
Roommates?
Welcome Home, Theseus
Targeted
When We Could Be Kids
See Through You
Just a Bedtime Story
History Repeating
As You Wish
Close Call
Ultimate Betrayal
Forever Different
Revived
Down With L'Manberg
Smoke and Fire
Something Isn't Right
They're Back
Long Live the Eggpire
One More Day
It All Makes Sense
Unknown Motives
Ancient Revenge
Race Against Time
Plan B
Uninvited
Out of Luck
End of the Line
Gone
Lost and Found
Dawn of the Disk War
Final Battle
The End of One Story...
Casino
Almost Alive
Can't Be Trusted
It Was You
No Way Out
Prison Break
Welcome Back to Exile
The Edge of the World
Ghost Stories
Never Safe
Back on Track
Creator of Chaos
Eternity
Stay
Missing in Action
What Comes Next
His Own Creation
Someone
To the Edge
Family Reunion
Warden
Fractured
Visit to Exile Island
The End of Tyranny
One Last Time
Beginning of the End
Who's the Real God Here?

Not Quite Human

1.5K 45 44
By -chocolate-cupcake-

The Finale: Chapter 3 of ?

-Tommy's POV-

Today was the day.

Finally, we were going to kill Dream, for good.

It's what I should've done a year ago, when I had the chance. But I won't hesitate this time.

I walked over to the shambles of L'Manberg. The entire city was quiet. It was creepy, to say the least.

I made my way to the top of what remained of the device used to destroy L'Manberg for good. My feet dangled over the edge and I looked down on the crater that was left in place of my country.

This was all Dream's fault. I picked up a loose piece of obsidian and threw it as hard as I could into the crater below. I had to steady myself from the momentum so I didn't fall off too.

What a stupid way that would be to lose my last life.

Funny, considering I almost purposefully went out the same way, I thought, remembering the tower I had built in exile. All because of Dream.

I fucking hate Dream.

But today this ends.

"Uh...Hello?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned over one shoulder, and there was Tubbo. I gave him a confused look.

"Why the confused tone mate?" I asked. Tubbo sat down beside me. We were both clad in armor, apart from our head pieces, which we sat beside ourselves.

"Well, you were kind of zoned out there, didn't want to scare you man." Tubbo responded.

Of course, this offended me.

"You wouldn't of scared me! I am the great TommyInnit after a-" I sighed. I wasn't even in the mood for jokes at the moment. Strange, I know. I was excited that all my suffering would finally be over. But I was nervous. If we failed...no. We won't. We won't fail. Not this time. "Whatever. Where the hell is Y/N? She makes a habit of going missing, doesn't she?"

Tubbo just shrugged, clearly not as worried as me, or at least not showing it.

"I mean, she did say she'd meet us at the prison. And besides, she's going to be invisible the whole time anyways." Tubbo attempted to reassure me.

Worry wasn't my issue necessarily. I knew that woman could take care of herself. She was likely doing just fine.

"Yea, I just thought maybe she'd meet us here before we left. To go over the plan again..." I trailed off into thought. "At least to say goodbye before splitting off. Just in case..."

"No. Don't say that man." Tubbo interrupted me. "Y/N is confident enough to wait and meet us at the prison, so we have to be confident that we can do this too."

Tommy nodded, seemingly coming to terms with himself.

"Yea, I guess you're right." He said. "Come on. Let's go kill that green bitch once and for all."

-

Wake up.

Wake up

wake up Y/N

Your fight isn't over yet

Are you really going to
let Dream of all people beat you? He's literally homeless.

Keep your chin up

Your crown is falling

Wake up.

- Y/N's POV -

I felt my eyes open, but apart from that there was no other indication. The room I was in was pitch black, not a shard of light in sight. I went to push myself up and was greeted with a stabbing pain in my side.

Right. I was shot. How could I forget?

I bent my legs and pushed myself up, pain shooting through my injured leg and abdomen.

Shot three times. Yea. That was overkill Punz. I never did shit to you.

The sound of scraping metal rang out when I moved, and upon blind examination, I found a shackle attached to my left leg and right wrist. Not to mention I had no weapons on me, seeing as I was stupid enough to go along with Punz's plan. I felt down to my pocket, and found my potion was still somehow in tact. I'd have to keep it hidden. It might be my one key to escape.

This place, wherever it was, was freezing cold. To the point that to someone who wasn't immortal, it posed serious health risks. I assumed since cold could induce hypothermia, it was to aid in keeping me knocked out longer. Honestly, I preferred this over the old cell where one of my 'walls' was made of lava. But a normal temperature prison was apparently too much to ask now. Those days had passed, I guess. By feeling around my surroundings I was in a small 'room', if you could even call it that. It was barely big enough for me, not to mention there was no belongings inside. No bed, no chest, nothing. Dream really wasn't taking risks.

Then again, I couldn't understand what he possibly wanted from me now. If he knew all along that I had true immortality now, then he would surely of figured out that I didn't have the curse, and that he couldn't try to use me in his plan anymore.

The sound of gears and mechanisms clicking and turning stretched out in front of me, and a bright light began flooding into the cell as the wall in front of me slid open. The sound of stone sliding on stone rang out, and I saw a set of dense iron bars connected on a hinge, locked with multiple latches? closing off myself from whatever was outside. Which at the moment, was probably from best. Because standing in front of me was none other than Dream.

He was wearing netherite armor, with a green shirt underneath, because what other clothing does he even own? Behind him was a singular, wilting potted plant, some chests, and maps and blueprints taped across the obsidian walls. I wasn't for certain, but I had a pretty strong assumption we were in the prison. Tommy did say Dream was living here now. If 'living' is what you could call this. There were vines growing freely down the walls, and this place posed a serious health risk. It was arguably worse than Tommy's potion room in his house. And that was pretty bad.

With the new-found light, I could now confirm that the cell I was in was empty apart from myself and the chains cemented in the wall keeping me here. Honestly, all these precautions seemed a bit excessive if you asked me. I might be immortal, but I'm not crazy. Anymore.

I examined the areas where Punz had shot me with the wither arrows, and found that they had been neatly bandaged and cared for.

"Punz did that." Dream's voice interrupted my train of thought. "Consider yourself lucky, if it was me, I would've let it bleed out a lot longer."

I scoffed. Of course he'd have something to say.

Lucky?

Lucky?!

I haven't had an ounce of luck in my entire shitty cursed life.

"Am I supposed to thank him? He literally shot me. Three times. Bandaging the injuries he created is the least he could've done." I responded. "Letting your guests bleed out isn't a very hospitable practice anyway."

Dream laughed to himself, and then shrugged. He crouched down to meet me in the small cell at eye-to-mask level. He grabbed onto the handle bars, a loud band echoing in the cell. His face was inches away from mine, and if I wasn't contained in such a small space, I would be backing away. Not out of fear, more so that I'd prefer to spend my time as far away from him as possible.

And if I had any sharp objects, I'd put them in his neck. Not out of spite....well yes, out of spite. He's a fucking asshole.

"I guess it doesn't really matter, does it Y/N?" He said in a low voice. "It's not like you can die anyway."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, attempting to play dumb, although I was almost certain it wouldn't work. "I've always been immortal dumbass. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it took you this long to catch on."

Dream tilted his head, and without warning, reached up and grabbed the white mask on his face, and tossed it to the side.

Oh my god.

Holy shit-

Until this moment, I had never seen his face. At one point, when we were frie- when I thought we were friends- he had offered to show me, but I declined. I didn't want to put a face to the person that had made the last few years of my life a living hell. But now here he was.

Wavy dirty blond hair hung over his face. Green eyes stared back at me, I couldn't tell if it was a look of hatred or satisfaction as he'd finally won. His face was sprinkled with dozens of freckles and marked with old and new scars and injuries, but yet, had I not known Dream the way I did, he looked almost- ALMOST- innocent. But something about the way he looked back at me spelled out danger. He seemed to notice the way I reacted and smiled.

"Oh come on." He said. "Do you think I'm dumb Y/N? Do you honestly think I wouldn't notice if someone besides my own brother gained the same immortality as him? The revival book keeps tabs on everyone alive and everyone in limbo. You never died and I knew that before I even left the prison on that day. So don't play games with me Y/N. I'm always one step ahead of you."

"So then why take me, and not your brother? You clearly don't care about anyone, including him, and I'm no different from him now anyways." I asked.

Dream's eyes narrowed, maybe mad at me for thinking he would use his brother. But was I wrong? The Dream I knew would do anything to get whatever it is he wanted.

"Not that you need to know, but I already tried that. It's not the same." Dream said. He stood up and walked to a counter in the back of the room, picking up a small object in his hand. He grabbed a chair and drug it over in front of me, returning to his position in front of me.

I hated it. Seeing his face. Knowing that this was the person who had caused me so much pain. Caused my friends to suffer.

"But something useful did come out of the experiments with my brother." Dream said, reaching his hand out, just out of my grasp. He unfolded his fingers and revealed the ring.

My ring.

The one I thought DreamXD had finally destroyed for good. Then again, I never saw the aftermath of my newfound immortality, since Dream had to revive me instead.

"Unfortunately, it seems to have acquired some slight damage. But don't worry. I've done my research, and I know how to fix it." Dream said.

"What do you hope to accomplish with this plan of yours anyways? You've tried this before Dream. The whole isolation thing. Multiple times actually." I said. Internally, I was panicking. That ring, if he could return the binding properties it had, would take away the only advantage I have or have ever had against Dream.

"Listen Y/N. My plans have changed. Sure, in the past I might have wanted to use the Blade family curse to get you on my side. But clearly you were too stubborn for that." Dream spoke. "Now, all I need is for you to be alive. Ring or no ring, you'll never die. One just comes with voices as a bonus for my own entertainment."

"What the hell is your problem, Dream?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. Then again, it didn't really matter. I was going to suffer either way, so I might as well say my peace. "I never did anything to you! Sure, I had a curse, and you were curious about exploiting it. What the fuck ever. I could care less about that! But at one point- at one point I thought..."

Dream narrowed his eyes and anger was evident in his facial expression. He leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms, smiling ever so slightly.

"Whatever you're about say, you're still equally as fucked, so you might as well get it off your chest." Dream tossed my ring in his hand a few times, before holding it between Reid fingers and looking at it with a bored expression.

"at one point I thought that you were human. That you at least cared about my well being, and not just because I was your stupid little science project. Because we were - I don't known? Friends." I said. "I thought for once in your miserable existence you were happy, even if you didn't control everything."

Dream's expression faltered, for just a moment. His confident smile turned to a conflicted frown. Something in the way he was looking at me changed. Like he was looking last me and remembering older times. Did I feel bad? Not really. But did I understand? Maybe.

Or maybe it's just the memories of the voices that longed for more than normalcy.

I inhaled a breath to speak, not sure why I'd be saying anything to this sociopath, when the sound of the nether portal entrance to the prison went off.

Dream's original demeanor returned in an instant, and he smiled, dropping the ring into his pocket. He stood up from his chair, and grabbed his mask from off of the floor, and putting it back on. I still was shocked at how quickly- after all these years of secrecy- he would reveal the one thing that kept him from being fully human. With the mask, Dream was just...Dream. A maniac obsessed with controlling everything. But now- without the mask- I was forced to face the fact that he was human, just like the rest of us.

Dream grabbed a netherite axe from off of a nearby shelf, and spun it in his hand with ease, before looking at me again.

"Hold that thought. We'll have plenty of time to talk later." Dream said. "For now, I have to go act surprised that your friends are here."

Dream pushed a button in a nearby wall, and the wall in front of me began closing slowly. Shit.

"TOMMY RUN!" I yelled. Dream looked at me one more time, probably smirking behind that mask, before walking off out of view.

I searched in the darkness for a way out. But there was absolutely nothing in here. Any sounds outside were quieted by the thick obsidian walls. And without a weapon, I stood no chance in breaking out.

Tommy and Tubbo had no idea Punz was with Dream. If Dream died, and Punz had the knowledge inside of the revival book....there would be no beating them.

I scratched at the walls, hoping to find something, anything. But there were no flaws.

This time, Dream had won.

Well.... I guess there was one thing I could use. I've only ever used it once, and I had felt strength like I had never had before.

It might just be my ticket out of here.

But it was risky. I could end up hurting Tommy or Tubbo...

But they would die if I sat here and did nothing.....

Fuck it. I'm doing it.

"XD. I have a favor to ask."

————

A/N

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry for the delay in this chapter. I've had a lot of personal stuff going on, but I'm back.

I hope you know that absolute hell is going to break loose in this next chapter... be ready for angst friends.

We are coming to a close with a few chapters left. I'm asking one more time for your suggestions on the finale of this book.

Thank you all for your patience!

Byeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 1.8K 26
Title: Sweet Gogy George NotFound X Reader. Chapter 1: You're a new member/player of the Dream Smp. Your friends with Badboy Halo since you and Badbo...
2M 76.9K 34
"You remember what I said a few months ago?" Alex asked. "About when you hit one million subscribers?" You thought for a moment, sorting through your...
297K 8.8K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
11.2K 413 38
𝒉𝒚𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒉 ─── can you find freedom in a world where your only goal is to find your soulmate? will outside factors control your will to conti...