Wingless

By Lovewriting143

Sky is a nineteen year old boy with a problem. His wings. Giant purple wings that make his life miserable. He... More

Chapter one, the beginning
Chapter two, the plan
Chapter three, the meeting
Chapter four, Prapai
Chapter five, "let the chase begin"
Chapter six, the chase continues
Chapter eight, sick
Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"
Chapter ten, the dream
Chapter eleven, the lullaby
Chapter twelve, unsure
Chapter thirteen, the flight
Chapter fourteen, getting to know him
Chapter fifteen, his childhood
Chapter sixteen, love you (PayuRain)
Chapter seventeen, I think I like him
Chapter 17 1/2, kisses and love
Chapter eighteen, a date
Chapter nineteen, "And so we meet again"
Chapter 20, is it over?
Chapter 21, strange things
Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.
Extra Chapter
New story?

Chapter seven, Payu and Rain

1.4K 54 2
By Lovewriting143

Hiiii, I wondered if you guys wanted some PayuxRain, so I wrote it.

I've never done Rain POV, so I hope it's fine.

Enjoy!
——————
Rain POV
——————

My heart is bursting with joy right now!

Even though so much time had passed since yesterday, I still cannot believe that I actually got Payu to be my boyfriend!!!

Aaaaaa!

My poor heart can't take it.

Yesterday, we worked out through everything that happened in the race. He was angry, but I convinced him I wouldn't do anything like that again.

To prove I could be nice and smart, I studied all night, and I went to Payu's house, because I wanted him to be the first to know about the grades I received. I was really shocked when the elders praised me, but it was all really thanks to Payu because he had made me study harder than I have ever done before.

Unfortunately however, when I arrived at his place, it started pouring outside, and I was freezing, cold, and wet. When Payu finally came from work, he found me sitting on the sidewalk, shivering.

Payu had scolded me, but he was much more worried than angry. He took me in, and even helped me dry my hair!

It was already dark, and so I was able to stay at his place for the night, and then, he confessed.

——————
Rain POV, last night
——————

I was sitting on Payu's bed when he came back with a towel in his hands.
He handed it to me, and sat beside me on the edge of the bed.

I was still so cold from the rain, but for some reason, I felt warmth envelope me as he sat closer.

Then, he gently took the towel from my hands, his fingers slipping over mine in the process. I shivered, but not from the cold this time.

I lifted my gaze to his, and was met by a pair of astonishingly dazzling eyes. They were dark gray, so they looked almost black, like the sky before a storm.

Hmm, his name suits him well.

A stray lock of hair fell from behind my ear, and he brushed it away, his fingers carefully grazing my skin.

Payu lifted the towel, and started to dry my hair, his movements expert, but tender at the same time.

His eyes were locked with mine all the time, the storm inside them giving me shivers.

Why is he so handsome?

I studied  his face, and the small scowl he wears because he is disappointed for not finding me earlier. I also notice that he has small creases between his eyebrows because he consecrates so hard on not hurting me. They are still perfect though, just like the rest of him.

I see his jawline, so mature and masculine, and his cheeks, and I think of pinching them between my fingers.

Then, my eyes travel to his lips, and I think I stare for too long, because he noticed my gaze and puts the towel down.

The look he gives me this time gives me butterflies. They float around my stomach, bouncing and gliding. His gaze is so soft, so sweat, so beautiful, that I cannot force my eyes to turn away.

That's when I realize what I really want.

I want to hug him and kiss him, and cuddle in bed. I want to come and meet his parents, and pick him up from work. I want to take walks in the park with him, and stay up late chatting about nothing in particular. I want to go on vacations and trips, and see his marvelous eyes open wide in awe as he looks at something beautiful. I want to grow old with him, always knowing that we still are there for each other. I want to have kids running around the house, and want to see Payu cry when they first go to school. And I really want him to tell me he needs me, that he wants to be with me, and that he will never leave me. I want him to love me....Is that too much to ask?

I know this all first turned out as me chasing him because of a stupid thing I did, but now I really want to make him fall for me... It's bin only about ten days since I first met him...and yet....

"Rain..." he mutters softy

Payu's face grows serious, and he adds

"I think it's time for you to stop going after me."

When I hear his words, something breaks. I don't know what, or why I am feeling so horrible right now. I feel like he just announced that he hates me, and that I'm the worst person alive. I feel like I'm sinking, sinking through a blanket of black. I feel tears slowly form in my eyes.

Why do you do this to me, Payu?

"Don't pursue me anymore." He says again, and if that didn't cause me to cry the first time, it did now. Hot, salty, tears slip down my cheeks and I wonder,

Were the looks he gave me only in my imagination?

Was I making it all up?

Is there really nothing he feels for me after so much time?

I thought that he cared for me because he always worried if I had gotten my work done, gotten enough sleep and been fed.

Had he really done those things, or was I imagining it?

Was I imagining the look he gave me after I told him a few minutes ago that I was praised, and thanked him for it?

A look of pride, but also kindness and sweetness, and stupid me though he actually felt something for me?

Was this normal Payu behavior?

Did he do this to everyone behind my back?

"Don't cry," He says taking my head in his hands and wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

More tears fall, because when someone handsome just rejects you, and then acts sweat and kind, how can you not?

"Don't cry," he repeats, "because....because from now on...."

"I'll be the one to pursue you."

This statement takes me a moment to sink in, but when it does, I take the pillow from my bed and hurl it at him.

I throw it because Heck! How can he do this! First act like breaking up, and then telling you he wants to follow you around!

I'm so happy, but angry at the same time. I grab another pillow and hit him with it.

He starts laughing, and swats his hand to stop the pillow. Nevertheless, I hit him in the stomach. He growls, and then laughs again.

Then, I laugh with him because all the stress and hurt from a second ago has vanished. They did, because I know the reasons anyone would pursue another person. Either, they want to be annoying, but Payu is not like that. The other reason however is that....that person likes you.

That thought brings me back from my giggles. I still, and so does he. Our eyes meet again. And this time, he smiles. A smile so pure and happy, that nobody would be able not to smile back. I can't hold it, so I give a weak grin. His smile widens.

The butterflies turn into elephants stomping around my stomach as he places a hand on my chin. He does it lightly, so I could pull away at any moment, but I don't. I've wanted this for way too long.

"I...I like you Rain..." He whispers, and with those words, I close the gap between us.

The kiss is so sweat, and says something that words can't. It chants
"I like you" "I like you" I like you" on and on.

We break away for air, and I grin like a maniac. Payu does too.

"Will you be my boyfriend, Rain?" Payu asks after a while.

Instead of answering, I kiss him again, just because I can. The kiss is harder this time, showing more passion and longing.

Payu's hand trails to my waist, and I smile into the kiss. I put my hand on his neck, sometimes going through his hair with my fingers. I tug at it, lightly, and it's Payu's turn to smile.

When we break away again, I pant, and slightly gasp for air. Then, I lean into his ear. My breath is hot over his skin. And I answer his previous question

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you think?
Should I do more?
I know this story focuses mainly on Prapai and Sky, but I know it would take a while to rule out their relationship. With that said, I wanted some chemistry happening, and I think Rain and Payu are the perfect couple for it.

Word count: 1374

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 2.3K 25
Rain is a rookie architect who is struggling to find employment all while being the breadwinner of his family. Desperate for a job that pays well eno...
15.4K 426 11
Published: 01-28-2024 Short story Fanfiction
76.6K 2.9K 26
A fanfiction about sky praphai, phayu and rain... cos I can't get over them. If you are a fan of Lita couples,you can check other stories as well on...
73.9K 2.5K 20
AU where Phayu and Prapai are at the same university as Sky and Rain. Sky has no history of trauma and Rain is the same precious little cinnamon rol...