Wingless

By Lovewriting143

Sky is a nineteen year old boy with a problem. His wings. Giant purple wings that make his life miserable. He... More

Chapter two, the plan
Chapter three, the meeting
Chapter four, Prapai
Chapter five, "let the chase begin"
Chapter six, the chase continues
Chapter seven, Payu and Rain
Chapter eight, sick
Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"
Chapter ten, the dream
Chapter eleven, the lullaby
Chapter twelve, unsure
Chapter thirteen, the flight
Chapter fourteen, getting to know him
Chapter fifteen, his childhood
Chapter sixteen, love you (PayuRain)
Chapter seventeen, I think I like him
Chapter 17 1/2, kisses and love
Chapter eighteen, a date
Chapter nineteen, "And so we meet again"
Chapter 20, is it over?
Chapter 21, strange things
Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.
Extra Chapter
New story?

Chapter one, the beginning

4.5K 94 8
By Lovewriting143

Hi everyone,
I hope you enjoy my story and I want to apologize right away if I made any mistakes in the writing, so please tell me if there is something I should change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky woke with a start.

The nightmares started again.

The scars on his chest were howling and searing with pain as though someone had cut through his flesh again.

Sweat, panic, helplessness, guilt. And then pain. Oh the pain. The way it made his whole body tense up, and the aching and throbbing marks that were left with it.

With the pain come the words "monster", "inhuman", and other things like "Things like you deserve to rot in hell"

It took Sky a whole five minutes to realize that this was not happening now. That this was all in the past. That he was alright. That these things were now long gone, so question:

Why, after so many years, do I dream of him again?

Also, why does my heart hurt so much?

——————
Sky POV
——————

I look down at my arms, and realize that they are trembling.

I can't help it. My whole body shakes with suppressed tears, but after a while, I let them come.

I thought that the nightmares stopped. I thought that maybe, because they haven't come in two years meant that they wont come back again. But they did. Maybe I knew they wouldn't stop after what happened, no matter how much time passed. Maybe I knew they wouldn't stop after he knew what I was.

But why today? Why did the nightmares start again? God, please help me find the answer.

I sit up, and hug my knees to my chest. I run a hand through my sweaty black hair and sob harder, even though no sound comes out. Then I watch as my huge, purple wings, once thought beautiful, but now discussing to my eyes unravel, and fall on the bed on either side of me.
My tears fist come with loneliness and heartbreak, but now, my eyes are blazing with rage as I look at them. My wings. The reason and source for all of the pain in my life, all the suffering and agony that I faced were because of them. I hate them...I hate my wings, and hate them being part of me.

——————
Time skip
——————

Sky wakes and continues his day as he usually does, not bothering to recall what happened in the night. He pointedly refuses to cry again over something that happened almost three years ago. And hopefully he can accomplish that. Hopefully...

His wings were still there, but as Sky usually did, he ignored them.

Sky hoped in the shower, ate breakfast, and jogged down the stairs to take his car to school.

Before entering the car, Sky muttered "disappear" and with that, his wings were gone. Not forever, no. He wished that they would vanish forever, but they could only do that for a few hours, and then appeared back again.

Oh how much he hated them...

——————
Time skip
——————

Sky's day proceeded, with nothing out of the ordinary. However, during lunch, Rain, (one of his only best friends) called Sky over, and walked him into an empty classroom.

"What do you want???" Sky protested as Rain harshly jammed him though the door.

"To talk" Rain replied simply

"Wow! I couldn't have realized!" Sky gave Rain a look that clearly said "spill the beans... or else"

"So tell me, what is so important to talk about that you have to beat poor me against the door?" Sky persisted

"Shut up! Someone can hear us" Rain closed the door to the classroom and then, choosing a desk at random, sat on it.

"Huh!" Sky huffed, but otherwise stayed silent, because his usually extroverted friend wanted privacy, which meant something was either wrong, about to be wrong, or something super important and secret had happened.

Rain did not like keeping secrets, and everyone knew that. Sky on the other hand, had a lot of things he did not want to tell. One of the two of his biggest, deepest, darkest secrets was that he was gay. Not a single soul knew, not even Rain, one of the people he could share a lot of things with. Not a single soul except...Gun...

(Author: even the name gives me shivers 😅)

And his second, most treasured secret, and the thing he definitely did not want people to know about him was that he........well, he was not really......human. Sky shuddered at the simple thought of people finding out.

Sky knew that he wasn't creature either but, the truth was...he didn't know what he was. Sky just knew that he had a pair of giant wings on his back that made him what Gun had called "monster".

That was the reason he didn't share this piece of information. Because he thought that the one person who loved him, who genuinely cared for him, who Sky thought would never leave him, left him. Left, and left Sky with an empty heart, giant scars on his chest, and a knowing that he - Sky, who once thought of himself as beautiful, was a monster.

———

Sky was brought out of his thoughts by a genuinely concerned Rain, who watched as Sky stared at a blank piece of wall and repeatedly shuddered.

"Are you okay, Sky?" Rain asked gently.

"Yea.." Sky shook his head multiple times, trying to get rid of the daze.

"Then what's so scary about a wall? What did it do to you? Did Hitler himself just materialize out of thin air?"

Instead of answering, Sky smacked Rain hard on the head.

"OUCH!"

Rain jumped off the desk to avoid any other 'incidents' and chose another table for himself.

"Anyway," Sky changed the topic "What do you want to talk about?"

"So you know that guy, Payu?" Rain looked down and if Sky could guess, blushed in embarrassment.

Well this should be interesting.

"Yea, obviously I know him, he is the school's handsome 'god', and best student throughout the last decade. So what about him?"

"Raiiiiin....???" Sky stretched the words out "What did you dooooo???"

"IsaidIwouldmakehimfallformeinamonthIneedyourhelpSkyIdontknowwhattodo!" Rain said so fast that the words were almost illegible, but Sky thought he got the point.

"First of all, slow down, and second, YOU DID WHAT!"

"I...uhhh..."

"I had a fight with Payu and... well I said that I will make sure he falls in love with me within a month...." Rain choked out. He looked like he was about to cry.

"So, uhh..." Sky was dumbfounded.

Why the heck did Rain do that! And why did he say that to Payu of all people!

Sky resisted the urge to smack Rain again. Right now, his best friend needed support. No matter how sassy Sky looked, he had a good heart, and was willing to do a lot for Rain.

"So what are you planning to do" Sky asked, putting his hand on Rains shoulder to show that he was listening, and willing to help.

Rain wiped the tears that were not there, and looked Sky straight in the eyes.

"That's why I came to you," Rain sighed.

"I know you didn't have any relationship with anyone whatsoever, (Sky never told Rain about Gun, he didn't want to worry his friend) however, I still need help, and I don't know who else to ask for it.

"So let's get this straight." Sky started "You want my help to make Payu fall for you?"

"Yea, even the slightest bit of help would be good. I don't have anything. My brain just stopped working, and I know you are great in class, sooooo-"

"So you came to me?"

"Yes?" Rain answered quietly.

"Please help me...any ideas, plans, or actions that I should do?" Rain continued.

"Sure," Sky said after thinking it over and sighing in defeat "I'll help"

"Yay!!!" Rain smiled so widely and happily that his rabbit teeth showed.

Imaginary bunny ears and nose popped up right then and there.

Sky couldn't help but smile a little as well...Rain's smile was irresistible.

"The first thing you should do Rain, is figure out-" Sky said

"Yes?"

"Rain," Sky said, his tone changing from light to serious within milliseconds.

"Do you like him?"

"I....uhh..."

"Do you?" Sky insisted.

"Maybe...."

Sky did not want to judge Rain, since he himself had made a giant relationship mistake in the past. However, he just wished Rain to be careful. P'Payu was a playboy, and people like that were, to say the least, dangerous, and not to be messed with.

Oh how much Sky hoped Rain will be okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There it is, chapter one, it is kind of short, but this is just the beginning....

Word count: 1448

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.7K 44
"Rain" a cute and a very innocent boy who don't know about love like how love feels and he even don't know what sex is? In childhood he never try to...
83.8K 2K 34
🔞🔞Married life of PaiXSky and the story of Unexpected people and Unfinished Business. (Warning ‼️ THIS IS NOT ALL FLUFF, THE BOOK COVER IS JUST DEC...
4.8K 315 11
When he was five, Rain was sent away to protect him from the people who killed his family. Now he has been discovered and it's up to Phayu to keep hi...
169K 6.2K 22
Phayu x Rain AU. This story is inspired by Love In The Air but with a new plot/storyline. 🔞WARNING 18+: Contains Explicit Content 🌶️🔥. I do not m...